• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 7 [Fox News] One does not simply win Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, wait, wait.

Puerto Ricans don't have to escape anything, Jeb! They have the right to travel.....never mind. As a former Florida governor, you should know that. Idiot.

Everytime Kaisch speaks:

giphy.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Quick question: Ted Cruz just mentioned decoupling health insurance from employment. Would that essentially mean that everyone would need to purchase insurance separately?

yes.

it would be private insurance but everyone would need to get private insurance.

edit: it would be like car insurance, like was said above.

SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

That's not true. When I was in grad school and only had part time jobs, I was able to buy health insurance for around $180 a month.

Good for you, but insurance costs about $10,000 if you are over 25. I'm 29 and my company pays about $10,000 for me and it isn't even that good.

Rubenov

His wife is Hispanic, I think he will know better than you

Lol that doesn't mean anything. And she's Mexican, doesn't make her privy to the inner workings of Puerto Rico. He was right, as US citizens Puerto Ricans can go anywhere in the US -- not even a passport is needed.

Yes, like car insurance. It's why a mandate is necessary to make it work.
That's going to be a hard sell, no? (because the majority of Americans have employer-based health care). I don't really see the path that would get us there if obamacare was so hard to get through to begin with...

royalan

I don't think Rubio realizes how robotic and desperate he comes off when he ends literally every statement with "And when I'M President of the United States..."

We get it, dude. You're trying to project confidence. Calm down.

kirblar

That's going to be a hard sell, no? (because the majority of Americans have employer-based health care). I don't really see the path that would get us there if obamacare was so hard to get through to begin with...
You need to get to universal coverage first before decoupling it.

Our current system exists because of benefits being used in lieu of cash when wages were capped during WWII. (aka, dont f'n cap prices.)

Nipo

That's not true. When I was in grad school and only had part time jobs, I was able to buy health insurance for around $180 a month.

I'm 30 with no health problems and my personal+work contribution insurance was $7000 last year. My boss has two kids and hers was nearly $20k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom