• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Mobius1

Is it possible that a large percentage of Kickstarter users are afraid of committing money to projects they don't think are going to succeed, and now that the end is in sight we're gonna see an increase in funding?

zroid

Banned
Is it possible that a large percentage of Kickstarter users are afraid of committing money to projects they don't think are going to succeed, and now that the end is in sight we're gonna see an increase in funding?

I don't know why that should be the case, but it's entirely possible you're right. People can be paranoid for weird reasons like that, even though it's not like their money is "at risk" by pledging.

While we wait for the game to come out it will be fun to watch the press get crushed under the onslaught of kickstarter pitches and emails if Republique succeeds (in part) on the back of a press heavy push

And gaming journalists have the nerve to complain about too many kickstarter emails now... They haven't seen anything yet. I almost feel sorry for them :p

That's not how Kickstarter works.

If the project doesn't make it, no one gets billed. So, there's really no reason for someone to not donate, even if the prospect of something getting funded is low.

Omikaru

That's not how Kickstarter works.

If the project doesn't make it, no one gets billed. So, there's really no reason for someone to not donate, even if the prospect of something getting funded is low.

But a lot of people don't know that, since I'm always seeing every Kickstarter/Kickstarter-related discussions full of questions asking if they'll be refunded if the project doesn't meet its target.

Irrational behaviour due to psychological effects is perhaps the one thing you can always count on to happen.

Never underestimate the 11th hour push. :p

They still have to hit $93,471 in 26 hours though.... it's possible, but will probably be an even tighter finish than Starlight Inception I think.

Salaadin

Kojima is going to save it at the last moment and then tweet: "sorry to keep you waiting"

LOL! That would be so badass.

Im wondering if this is going to be as close as Starlight Inception. That was a fun end to that Kickstarter. Ill be following this one tomorrow night for sure.

I'd like to fund this and also get the 10$ reward. So do I just select the 10$ reward, or select that and type in 10 at the top text field?

iYutDfnuqszD1.JPG

Not going to lie, amongst the first things I immediately noticed in their video were the Starbucks cups. Starbucks has a rep for being expensive in some parts so probably not a good idea to be drinking that (or at least showing it) whilst asking for funding

You should have *really* tested your theory by funding Your World
That type of project would be my nemesis.

I'm not even joking about this, both Nekro and Starlight were fucked, I only pledged to make the final numbers look less pitiful, then I was stuck paying for them, Tex will be a real test, I don't think those games are as remembered as Lucas or Sierra games.

That type of project would be my nemesis.

I'm not even joking about this, both Nekro and Starlight were fucked, I only pledged to make the final numbers look less pitiful, then I was stuck paying for them, Tex will be a real test, I don't think those games are as remembered as Lucas or Sierra games.

Nekro got funded? Good for them.

Top Bottom