• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Not going to lie, amongst the first things I immediately noticed in their video were the Starbucks cups. Starbucks has a rep for being expensive in some parts so probably not a good idea to be drinking that (or at least showing it) whilst asking for funding

lolwut

1) joke post
2) has no idea how coffee is sold in the PNW
3) somehow believes a KS invalidates all employee personal spending

result = math.random(3)

Omikaru

I'd love to be able to up my pledge to help it along, but I've overstretched my budget just by springing for both the iOS and PC/Mac version.

That said, I think raising the last 90k is looking very likely given the kind of attention these things get in the last 24 hours.

Akia

So many naysayers in this thread hoping for Republique to fail.

I'm sorry but your high profile Kickstarter failure is in another castle

I'm looking forward to the inevitable meltdowns and crow eating.

Kusagari

I find it somewhat hilarious that it wasn't even really the PC/Mac announcement that saved them, but the Hayter/Hale announcement. That's what started the real push.

Grisby

Was thinking about pledging but is the game gonna run on a 3GS? Has there been any details on that?

Skimmed the KS page and haven't seen anything on it.

edit-NM, must have missed it on the side there.

Omikaru

Kicktraq is having trouble right now, so I can't see what the current rate of backing is trending the project towards, but I've worked out that they need about $3,700 an hour to hit the $500k.

I haven't been observing the Kickstarter that closely, but are they doing those numbers?

Kicktraq is having trouble right now, so I can't see what the current rate of backing is trending the project towards, but I've worked out that they need about $3,700 an hour to hit the $500k.

I haven't been observing the Kickstarter that closely, but are they doing those numbers?

They are right now. This is where we were just a few hours ago.

I find it somewhat hilarious that it wasn't even really the PC/Mac announcement that saved them, but the Hayter/Hale announcement. That's what started the real push.
Pretty sure that one complimented the other. There's no way that Hayter and Hale would've had that kind of impact without the PC and Mac announcements first. It's like a combo multiplier.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This game sounds remarkably like that PS2 game, Lifeline. Anyone else heard of it?

I mean, Lifeline was a pretty bad game and executed horribly, but it was a neat concept. I'm gonna go ahead and back this project.

Shall I bump my pledge from $70 to $110?
All that's stopping me is the financial sensibility. I won't be paid for a month..
This game sounds remarkably like that PS2 game, Lifeline. Anyone else heard of it?

I mean, Lifeline was a pretty bad game and executed horribly, but it was a neat concept. I'm gonna go ahead and back this project.
Yeah, it's come up (and laughed about). The broken pixels for the game.. so good.

Pretty sure that one complimented the other. There's no way that Hayter and Hale would've had that kind of impact without the PC and Mac announcements first. It's like a combo multiplier.

That's what I think happened too. It was the combination of the two that really drove it up. I wonder how many people would still be on the fence if it was iOS only and Hayter and Hale were both still involved?

But looking at the pledges:

1746 Backers: iOS only
1500 Backers: PC/ Mac only
1308 Backers: PC/Mac and iOS

478 Backers : iOS + Digital Soundtrack
415 Backers : Mac/PC + Digital Soundtrack
260 Backers : iOS + Mac/ Windows + Digital Soundtrack

The mobile and desktop pledges are split pretty evenly. But I don't imagine this making it with just mobile on its own.

zroid

Banned
How did they get EP to give them so much coverage?

Well Vic is a huge supporter of iOS, as should be obvious to anyone who still watches ROTR. And I believe he and Ryan were well-acquainted already.

Camouflaj is in Seattle and EP shoots in Vancouver, so I guess the logistics made sense too.

watership

Well Vic is a huge supporter of iOS, as should be obvious to anyone who still watches ROTR. And I believe he and Ryan were well-acquainted already.

Camouflaj is in Seattle and EP shoots in Vancouver, so I guess the logistics made sense too.

Contacts, I get it. Just feels a little off.

numble

That's what I think happened too. It was the combination of the two that really drove it up. I wonder how many people would still be on the fence if it was iOS only and Hayter and Hale were both still involved?

But looking at the pledges:

1746 Backers: iOS only
1500 Backers: PC/ Mac only
1308 Backers: PC/Mac and iOS

478 Backers : iOS + Digital Soundtrack
415 Backers : Mac/PC + Digital Soundtrack
260 Backers : iOS + Mac/ Windows + Digital Soundtrack

The mobile and desktop pledges are split pretty evenly. But I don't imagine this making it with just mobile on its own.
I wonder how many of those iOS + PC/Mac are upgrades, and how many upgraded from iOS only compared to how many upgraded from PC/Mac only.

Akia

If you watch the trailer credits you'll see that EP's Victor Lucus is filming this Republique's documentary (just like he did with MGS4).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i pitched in. i probably wouldn't have had this on my radar if it wasn't for the toucharcade fiasco hahah

take note viral marketeers

Put in $15 for the PC version - really like some of the artwork and what not that's been shown. If this is as interesting as The Experiment (EXperience112) then I will be incredibly pleased.!

was gonna bitch about how everyone on twitter is whining about this... but fuck it's actually working!

Keep hope alive!

images

Top Bottom