• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

I wonder how many of those iOS + PC/Mac are upgrades, and how many upgraded from iOS only compared to how many upgraded from PC/Mac only.

Not sure, but here's an interesting statistic...

Q91sa.png

(forgive me for my sloppy handwriting :p )

The PC/ Mac announcement actually had the third highest day total of pledging. Today being number 1 and the first day being number 2. But they also lost quite a few iOS pledgers on that day as well, who retracted their bids after the announcement of Mac/ PC support. It was a big mess, for sure.

The Hayter/ Hale announcement didn't quite get as many pledgers but the people who did pledge were far more generous.

Omikaru

Has it been stated whether the PC version will activate on Steam?

They couldn't say for sure until Valve signs off on the game even being released on Steam first.

They have said it'll be DRM-free, however, so running it through Steam won't be blocked by shitty wrapper DRM that affects some non-Steam games bought elsewhere. As good as having it on Steam in my view.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
So many naysayers in this thread hoping for Republique to fail.

I'm sorry but your high profile Kickstarter failure is in another castle

I'm looking forward to the inevitable meltdowns and crow eating.

Why would anyone eat crow? This game was getting made no matter what.

Some people are dropping wads of cash on a game a year in advance, while those who didn't pledge will get the same game for whatever the heck price it launches for in 2013.

I wonder how much buyers (donators?) remorse some people are going to start having after they realize how much money they just dropped on games years from release?

How did they get EP to give them so much coverage?

EP and ROTR are daily shows that need to fill time every day, it's not surprising that Vic would cover a game that is trying to prove that IOS games can be more than a 5 minute distraction. Also a ton of the coverage was from the Canadian Video Game Awards so they could get a ton of footage without a huge cost.

zroid

Banned
I wonder how much buyers (donators?) remorse some people are going to start having after they realize how much money they just dropped on games years from release?

This is why Kickstarter updates and an ongoing documentary are so valuable. They keep backers engaged with the process, alleviating any apathy that might set in over a lengthy development cycle.

These detailed updates are only possible with the creative control allowed by a Kickstarter funding, so the two go hand-in-hand.

EP and ROTR are daily shows that need to fill time every day, it's not surprising that Vic would cover a game that is trying to prove that IOS games can be more than a 5 minute distraction. Also a ton of the coverage was from the Canadian Video Game Awards so they could get a ton of footage without a huge cost.
Victor Lucas and Ryan are relatively close I think as well. Vic's company "Greedy Productions" did the MGS4 making of documentary for the collectors edition if I'm not mistaken. So they've worked with eachother in the past.

This will make it. Happy for Ryan and co.

Mobius1

what blows my mind is the last 1000 backers have put in 80000, that's a crazy average

Not sure if an increased pledge gets counted on the day it's submitted, or added to the date of the original pledge, but that might decrease the average $$ per pledge for the day.

HoodWinked

lol the retarded curve on the funding of this game actually broke kicktraq

if you look the trending graph is wayyyy off (its predicting zero for the last day)

dailychart.png

Zen

Banned
It's still so dicey if they make it. I feel like they're on a razors edge of stalling out and only making it to 450 ish.

Flunkie

Banned
I figured what the hell and pitched in my $10. Even though 2 months after the release (if it ever does release), it'll be $.99.

How was that, by the way? I have it on my shelf.

Interesting game, slow-paced, but great if you're into Adventure games if you ask me.

Edit: Decided to load up the game and start a new one. Wow, it's such an interesting and fucking cool game. Seriously, people should check this out in the meantime. It's on Gamersgate for $10 btw.

Haunted

I wonder how many of those iOS + PC/Mac are upgrades, and how many upgraded from iOS only compared to how many upgraded from PC/Mac only.
Even if everyone came from the iOS only side, PC/Mac would still stand for 33% (it's probably more of an even split). With how close this is cutting it, they would not have made it without PC/Mac, there's no doubt in my mind.

Hell, I'm still doubting they'll make it as is, but it really looks like they might.

Keep hope alive!

images
pledge cancelled

Doodis

I thought this was dead in the water. Amazed at how it's rallied. So much so, that I just bought in. It's the little engine that could!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If nothing else... this has been one hell of an entertaining Kickstarter project to watch progress. The folks at Camouflaj must be nervous as hell right now. I don't imagine they'll get much sleep tonight.

Acosta

Wow, yesterday I was sure that I would see my first two backed projects failing (Starlight and this). And now both are going to make it, really awesome. (I know it´s a bit premature yet, but seeing the level of awareness of this and anticipating feeling of "I need to contribute to make it happen" I'm pretty sure there will be a good surge the next hours).

Feels Good

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh my god, this is going to actually happen.

AB12

it has slowed a bit in the last hour or so, but we still have sometime.
Hopefully if they get $3.5k every hour they will be fine.

Top Bottom