• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Sallokin

Since funding is almost guaranteed at this point, I'd really like to see it break 10,000 backers.

Edit. HOLY SHIT FUNDED!!! CONGRATS RYAN AND CO!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Damn, was hoping to try and be the one who hit 500k, but as I was going through the processes in another tab, I tabbed back and saw it already hit it. So does that Hodapp person implode now or something?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Funded!

How crazy is that...

Never thought it would happen. Congrats.

Haha. When I pledged my $20 I thought the Republique kickstarter project really didn't have a chance at succeeding since the donations simply weren't coming in.

Goldmund

I know I never want to hear the term "AAA" again in relation to video games. A mystery cult has formed itself around it and made the term mean even less than it does outside of video games.

sixghost

Congratulations to them. Even when I contributed I never thought it had a chance.
Just because funding for this game didn't take off when it was iOS doesn't mean the iOS gamers don't want AAA games.

Yeah, I think there's a big difference between there being no market for higher budget iOS games and not being able to fund a $500,000 Kickstarter for an iOS game. Who knows, this game could go on to do extremely well on iOS.

770406814_535780.gif

OH YEAH WE DID IT

hahahahahaha

witness

So awesome this pulled through, thought there was no chance a couple weeks ago.

I can't wait to play this on iPhone 5 next year.

dock

Isn't there often a bandwagon effect once a KS hits its funding where people just jump in for what is essentially a cheap and extremely early preorder?

It's still a cheap and easy pre-order, although some argument over how cheap this is for an iOS game.

Lothars

Just because funding for this game didn't take off when it was iOS doesn't mean the iOS gamers don't want AAA games.
I think it's more of pricing and IOS is still a race to the bottom of pricing, that needs to change before AAA games can really thrive on the system.

dkeane

Wow, can't believe they made it.
I funded in the first week and never thought they'd make their goal. Glad to be proven wrong!

How's that? One example doesn't make a rule.
I didn't say the demand doesn't exist, I just said this kickstarter doesn't prove that it does. Go back to the original comment, it was about this particular kickstarter being used to show that there is high demand for AAA iOS games. That's all I'm talking about here.

or it shows that Kickstarter's userbase is primarily PC based.

Regardless, there are people that want high quality iOS games and are grateful that people would like to make them.
Agreed, that's why I backed the project on the first day. :p

Vyer

Sure, but this kickstarter doesn't show that there is significantly high demand for AAA iOS games. This never would have succeeded without the desktop version being announced.

or it shows that Kickstarter's userbase is primarily PC based.

Regardless, there are people that want high quality iOS games and are grateful that people would like to make them.

I think this has been the most enjoyable Kickstarter to take part in. It's like watching Rocky and then watching Rocky 2 a few weeks later.

Congrats Camaflauj and crew!

Top Bottom