• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Surprised to see two $10,000 backings when there were none a few hours ago. Hope those aren't trolls.

Edit: ok good that can't happen.

Congrats to the team!

codhand

YQza2.jpg

lSaQ8.gif

mclem

There's stuff in place to make sure that doesn't happen. Once it's funded all that would happen is they would lose that single user's funding but still get the rest.

Strictly speaking, I believe that's only in terms of failed transactions *after* the kickstarter has finished. I think that withdrawals at this point *would* need to be made up before it gets funded. That said, I'm not certain.

daegan

It's really not much. He just used the Republique Kickstarter as a platform to rant about why he thinks Kickstarter is the worst thing in the world. Then he was gloating about how little funding the game was getting.

For me it wasn't the first part but the second. He did that, he lied and said that the trailer showed no gameplay, when Ryan offered to fly out and show it to him he danced around about how that would be a "waste of development money".

He's been a grade-A (or AAA) ass about the whole thing and for trying to kick sand in their eyes when it wasn't going well, he deserves nothing less than complete humiliation.

Jonnyram

Just had a scary thought about Kickstarter. What if all the "Pledge XXXX and get your name in the game world" people on different games are actually the same people, and we have to deal with the same character names in every game!?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Just had a scary thought about Kickstarter. What if all the "Pledge XXXX and get your name in the game world" people on different games are actually the same people, and we have to deal with the same character names in every game!?

It's David Bowie.

LiK

at least we know they're rich.

I hope that happens. It would be like Wasteland, Republique, Shadowrun Returns, and the Double Fine game all take place in the same universe. How awesome would that be? :)

Omikaru

hodapp-whut.png

Hope that crow is delicious.

Should be noted I really don't have much against Hodapp. He's an ass for gloating about Republique stalling, but he's also been quite good humoured in all of this. And in the end, his influence meant jack shit, because Republique has met its goal.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Along the same lines, what if the people who pledged for the voice acting tiers can't VA worth a damn?

Congrats to them, but I think it´s wrong of people to up their pledge just to make them reach the goal. If you want to support it, support it, but find a reasonable level of pledge and stick with that.

No one should feel pressured to pay more just because the project doesn´t seem to reach their goal. That will just lead to dissapointments.

Top Bottom