• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

DJKhaled's perfect troll cover continues. (Just decided to become trans to keep his girlfriend who came out as lesbian);

Iiz4XYl.png

"I am a man"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

24 hours later...

"I am a woman"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

But you didn't do anything??

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TRANS-PHOBIC PIECE OF SHITT11!!11"

But you see where he messed up? He used the term "like a Real woman". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Similarly, I still discuss Xenoblade 2 in order to dissuade people from getting it. It's that bad.

This is what I'd like to call an assturd. Instead of recommending People games he enjoyed, he's leading an agenda to deny People a game they might like, only because he doesn't.

The TERF argument is so loaded as well. I support feminists. I am even happy to say I am a feminist- I believe a true feminist can want equality and does accept society has biases towards a lot of women. Some women overcome that but many can’t or find trouble doing so. My wife is a hard working paramedic who was looked over for a promotion and was told after “don’t worry you just got married, you’ll be popping out some babies soon anyway” despite us not planning on kids for years after that. So yes, woman do have discrimination in this society.

which is exactly why it just baffles me that men can come right in and demand they are treated the same! I accept trans rights. I accept trans people. I even don’t mind accepting people who aren’t going through hormone or trying to “pass” as women- but don’t pretend that if you grew up a man, that you have the exact same experience as a person who grew up a woman.

it’s also the perfect “woke” trap because it just proves how much the trans/ era community is just like everyone else- sexist, racist and bigoted. Era has such an issue with women and racial minorities but it ignores this in favour of trans rights at every step.

The TERF argument is so loaded as well. I support feminists. I am even happy to say I am a feminist- I believe a true feminist can want equality and does accept society has biases towards a lot of women. Some women overcome that but many can’t or find trouble doing so. My wife is a hard working paramedic who was looked over for a promotion and was told after “don’t worry you just got married, you’ll be popping out some babies soon anyway” despite us not planning on kids for years after that. So yes, woman do have discrimination in this society.

which is exactly why it just baffles me that men can come right in and demand they are treated the same! I accept trans rights. I accept trans people. I even don’t mind accepting people who aren’t going through hormone or trying to “pass” as women- but don’t pretend that if you grew up a man, that you have the exact same experience as a person who grew up a woman.

it’s also the perfect “woke” trap because it just proves how much the trans/ era community is just like everyone else- sexist, racist and bigoted. Era has such an issue with women and racial minorities but it ignores this in favour of trans rights at every step.
The simpler argument would be to stop making loaded comparisons between demographies. 🤷‍♀️

DJKhaled's perfect troll cover continues. (Just decided to become trans to keep his girlfriend who came out as lesbian);

Iiz4XYl.png

"I am a man"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

24 hours later...

"I am a woman"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

But you see where he messed up? He used the term "like a Real woman". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

She will either end up stabbed to death after dj cuts their dick off and she rejects him or he will end up with a belt around their neck hanging in a cupboard

That sort of behavior is not normal

Saruhashi

Banned

The problem really is that feminism itself gives rise to this kind of blowback.

If your fundamental starting point is that Group A and Group B are treated differently by society, even if this is true to some extent, then it's only a matter of time before "what about Group C" is floated and then it's "what about someone who is a combination of Group D & Group E".

Yes. Equality is a good thing.
Yes. People should have equal rights. Of course.
Yes. The situation you described with your wife is wrong and unacceptable.

However, for so long "Feminist Theory" has been widely pushed and as a consequence the bias in society that you have identified was countered by bias going in the other direction. When this bias is based on identity alone then it's only a matter of time until people are trying to find identities that put them at the front of the queue.

If we are having a serious conversation then I'd try to avoid phrases like "oppression olympics" but what is happening is something in that spirit.

I would guess that A LOT of young dudes have been really fucked up by continuing negative attitudes against their gender. Surely as a consequence of that some of them will find being "male" to be so insufferable that they are looking for a way out.

So it follows that they turned the tables on radical feminists.

I always thought that women's spaces would always be targeted by trolls. Some people just like to push the boundaries.
I used to help organise a women's only 10k race and every single year you would have hairy lads showing up in a tutu and a wig expecting to run.
They were trolls and while we didn't actively stop them from running we would not give them a medal at the finish line and would delete their finishing times after the race.
These days? No way. The people running it now have to just let it happen.

I would have ever thought that instead of trolling lads all of this would be undone by people who sincerely believe that they are entitled to access women's spaces because they "self-identify" as a woman.

Something like a "women only" screening of Wonder Woman.
You might get the odd clown showing up and claiming "this is discrimination" and I think the appropriate response is fucksakes just let them have their movie night and leave them alone.
Now though any guy can show up and say "I identify as a woman" and people are so terrified that they just bend the knee.

Feminists and people pushing inter-sectional ideas did this to themselves.
When your movement is built entirely on identity and you find more and more and more new ways to "think" about identity then you inevitably come down to the idea that one can self-identify and then claim some of that victim hood for themselves.

"I am Identity B and I am not as privileged as Identity A. Society needs to do more for me."
"Well I am Identity B and Identity C and do I am even less privileged than that so you need to get in line."
"OK but I used to be Identity A but now I self identify as Identities W, X, Y and Z so y'all better step back and bow down".

It beautiful. An entire set of beliefs and ideals set up to shame and berate sad beardy white "privileged" males ended up being subverted by the very people it set out to beat down as they just stepped up and claimed the best identities and jumped right to the front of the queue.

This is a mod's posting:

🙄🤦‍♀️

1.) Which 'young character' is sexualized?! At worst the ROBOT Tora built was implied to sometimes wear a maid costume.

2.) But really, that whole posting: 'SCARY BOOBS!!1'

It never ceases to amaze how afraid Resetera is of any heterosexual sexual content.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This is a mod's posting:

🙄🤦‍♀️

1.) Which 'young character' is sexualized?! At worst the ROBOT Tora built was implied to sometimes wear a maid costume.

2.) But really, that whole posting: 'SCARY BOOBS!!1'

It never ceases to amaze how afraid Resetera is of any heterosexual sexual content.

Every single time Xenoblade2 gets mentioned anywhere on that forum you always get some annoying asshole that shits up the conversation complaining about boobs.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm beginning to wonder whether they really do have a problem with bad actors posing as people within protected groups. On the last page of the JK Rowling thread they now have everyone's favorite poster "Summit now" lashing out at wholesome heartfelt Mark Hamill. In a months old tweet Mark was giving an outpouring of love and support to transgender people and "Summit Now" is lashing out at him for using the word .........*Checks Notes*........ transgenders.

I'm beginning to wonder whether they really do have a problem with bad actors posing as people within protected groups. On the last page of the JK Rowling thread they now have everyone's favorite poster "Summit now" lashing out at wholesome heartfelt Mark Hamill. In a months old tweet Mark was giving an outpouring of love and support to transgender people and "Summit Now" is lashing out at him for using the word .........*Checks Notes*........ transgenders.

Definitely. It's blatantly obvious to me know who they are. However it's funny, because they get people to agree with their faux-outrage most times, so they're not getting banned. It's like they're the pied piper leading the rest of the wackadoodles further off the edge.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Remember, everyone who doesn't manage to keep up with the latest in wokeness and word their statements perfectly, is actually a bigoted piece of shit who is showing their ass, and they ain't slick!

Last edited by a moderator:

dottme

Remember, everyone who doesn't manage to keep up with the latest in wokeness and word their statements perfectly, is actually a bigoted piece of shit who is showing their ass, and they ain't slick!
Ok, what did I miss? Why transgender is a bad word?

PS: please don’t ban me for asking a question.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Iiz4XYl.png

"I am a man"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

24 hours later...

"I am a woman"
Gaming-nerd-450x270.jpg

Being "treated like" and "being" are two totally different things. What these nutjobs who go apeshit over this biological distinction stuff and deny science don't get is someone can call you a female's name, treat you like a woman, etc, but also acknowledge biologically you are a man. Both can be true. But they are too pissing fishing for sympathy and victimhood that they don't take a second to acknowledge this.

It's a fucking joke. If you are trans, that in itself implies your sex can't be female. Otherwise being trans wouldn't even exist. You'd just be a woman not a trans woman.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, what did I miss? Why transgender is a bad word?

PS: please don’t ban me for asking a question.

Apparently, using it as a noun is unacceptable and makes you a piece of shit in their world!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
With 2019 almost over, and a whole new decade about to start next year, where does this currently place Resetera?

XC8SxMi.png

In nearly 3 years, Resetera has managed to ban 11,448 people, or 1/5th of their entire userbase.

On the opposite spectrum, Resetera has shown no growth for unique users.

dgBZ8nf.png

That's right, look forward to an even bigger echo chamber next year.
holy fuck how can You ban 11k people?! How can You ban 20% of Your users?! if 20% of people have different opinion than You.. that's no trolling. That's 11k people.
Lol the "mods" sure are busy there. What a retarded site (and here - I would've already been banned if I said "retarded site" about any site) lol

SNPlayen

holy fuck how can You ban 11k people?! How can You ban 20% of Your users?! if 20% of people have different opinion than You.. that's no trolling. That's 11k people.
Lol the "mods" sure are busy there. What a retarded site (and here - I would've already been banned if I said "retarded site" about any site) lol

Anything must be done to protect the holy safe space. Sacrifice!

Kev Kev

With 2019 almost over, and a whole new decade about to start next year, where does this currently place Resetera?

XC8SxMi.png

In nearly 3 years, Resetera has managed to ban 11,448 people, or 1/5th of their entire userbase.

On the opposite spectrum, Resetera has shown no growth for unique users.

dgBZ8nf.png

That's right, look forward to an even bigger echo chamber next year.

i should account suicide and create a topic posting this picture over there. i dont think it would last long before being locked, and id certainly get perma'd for it, but i really wonder how many users over there know these numbers

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
i should account suicide and create a topic posting this picture over there. i dont think it would last long before being locked, and id certainly get perma'd for it, but i really wonder how many users over there know these numbers
They are aware. See any thread on moderation and they defend it as a way of "maintaining progress and inclusiveness".

It's for the same reason why there is no outrage about the depopulation of Conservative ERA. They're fine with wanting them erased.

Last edited:

nush

i should account suicide.

I considered it months ago but it would have been but a spec of dust. Playing the long game is much more satisfying, the meta forum posting game if you will. Cat and mouse, or Tom and Jerry. Except Jerry in this case has a Predator cloaking shield.

In that huge trans member backlash topic last month where the mods could not do fuck all for adding fuel to the fire and lots of members took it as a free for all to dunk on them without reprisal. Except it wasn't for some like Shy and Hobbes who just got hard modded in another topic after the fact. In that topic I dropped a landmine, you don't SEE a landmine but you do see its effect so the post itself didnt look like anything special.

Even then I did check myself as to if my cover was good enough to get away with it.

I hovered over the post button, "Am I flying too close to the sun with this one?"

Hit post.

1uH-ZO.gif

DrClarke

Banned
Being "treated like" and "being" are two totally different things. What these nutjobs who go apeshit over this biological distinction stuff and deny science don't get is someone can call you a female's name, treat you like a woman, etc, but also acknowledge biologically you are a man. Both can be true. But they are too pissing fishing for sympathy and victimhood that they don't take a second to acknowledge this.

It's a fucking joke. If you are trans, that in itself implies your sex can't be female. Otherwise being trans wouldn't even exist. You'd just be a woman not a trans woman.
What? Trans are biologically women or men, depending on their gender assignment at birth. Trans is just a designation that distinguishes them from those whose gender was correctly assigned.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned

They want their cake and to eat it too. Being called trans gives them that special qualifier and highlights their victim status. So they get to be special with their own catagory but complain when the catagory they created is used.

JordanN

Banned
Self hating moron.

TcRRRyK.png

What is the end game for all this anti-white nonsense? Do they want all whites gone? Do they think just hating all white people makes them more respected somehow?

Literally this comic comes to mind.

Zj20Ul6.jpg

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I considered it months ago but it would have been but a spec of dust. Playing the long game is much more satisfying, the meta forum posting game if you will. Cat and mouse, or Tom and Jerry. Except Jerry in this case has a Predator cloaking shield.

In that huge trans member backlash topic last month where the mods could not do fuck all for adding fuel to the fire and lots of members took it as a free for all to dunk on them without reprisal. Except it wasn't for some like Shy and Hobbes who just got hard modded in another topic after the fact. In that topic I dropped a landmine, you don't SEE a landmine but you do see its effect so the post itself didnt look like anything special.

Even then I did check myself as to if my cover was good enough to get away with it.

I hovered over the post button, "Am I flying too close to the sun with this one?"

Hit post.

1uH-ZO.gif

lol yeah youre right

more fun to stay in the game and keep pumpin rather than blow my load kind of situation

DrClarke

Banned
I knew this day would come.

"Punch Nazis" would soon metastasize into "Punch anyone who is to the Right of me".
Is there really a distinction between Nazis and your modern day conservative? I’d argue therr isn’t, when lining up their respective platforms. Blood and soil. Extreme nationalism. Fealty to the corporations. Hyper militaristic. Have you ever visited Breitbart? Its comments sections read like what you’d find Stormfront.

Mohonky

Self hating moron.

TcRRRyK.png

What is the end game for all this anti-white nonsense? Do they want all whites gone? Do they think just hating all white people makes them more respected somehow?

Literally this comic comes to mind.

Zj20Ul6.jpg

Just saw that thread.

I cant even work out why someone would do that.

JordanN

Banned
Is there really a distinction between Nazis and your modern day conservative?
The Nazis didn't allow opposition.

Every time people cry foul that Trump is Hitler, someone needs to explain how did we just have an impeachment circuit? Why were there midterm elections last year?
That is not what the Nazis were about. All these people would have been dead already if there was a Nazi Party in control of the U.S.

npCAdWH.png

Now look at the current U.S Senate (the highest authority in the country), and Republicans just barely edge out.

ogwjcQI.png

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Is there really a distinction between Nazis and your modern day conservative? I’d argue therr isn’t, when lining up their respective platforms. Blood and soil. Extreme nationalism. Fealty to the corporations. Hyper militaristic. Have you ever visited Breitbart? Its comments sections read like what you’d find Stormfront.
You lost kiddo? You said a lot of bullshit with no receipts.

DrClarke

Banned
The Nazis didn't allow opposition.

Every time people cry foul that Trump is Hitler, someone needs to explain how did we just have an impeachment circuit? Why were there midterm elections last year?
That is not what the Nazis were about. All these people would have been dead already if there was a Nazi Party in control of the U.S.

npCAdWH.png

Now look at the current U.S Senate (the highest authority in the country), and Republicans just barely edge out.

ogwjcQI.png
Well, yeah, the current system has enough working checks and balances to thwart any attempt by Trump to suppress dissent, but let’s not pretend he and his sycophants aren’t working their way towards that goal. They won’t even allow Democrats to call witnesses in his trial.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Also, there's this weird revisionist idea that Conservatives somehow never fought or opposed the Nazis during WW2.

Winston Churchill was the leader of Britain and the British Conservative Party. You could argue he still did his own "heinous acts" within the British Empire, yet he never once tried to ally with Hitler. In fact, he allied with the Far-Left Soviet Union to fight the Axis powers.

Many WW2 veterans also ended up being elected as Conservative Presidents. Eisenhower served as Supreme U.S Commander during WW2 and also became a Republican President in 1956.

Me personally speaking, I don't care about Hitler. His empire didn't even last for more than 5 years and he was happy to kill 50 million Europeans for his own selfish ambitions.

If anything, I want countries like the U.S to go back to being isolationist and end all foreign wars so we can focus on ourselves. If there are Conservatives/Republicans who do worship Hitler, then they're merely replacing their beliefs with that of an Austrian Dictator who would have been ok with making Britain & America their slaves had he won.

Well, yeah, the current system has enough working checks and balances to thwart any attempt by Trump to suppress dissent, but let’s not pretend he and his sycophants aren’t working their way towards that goal. They won’t even allow Democrats to call witnesses in his trial.
It's too late for that. Elections are next year. Do you think he's going to suspend that?
Hitler didn't waste any time when he wanted to subvert Germany and create a 1 party system.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is this satire or are you serious?

JordanN

Banned
I want to say D DrClarke is a victim of Mass Media/Resetera brainwashing that has tried so hard to convince the public that Conservatives and Nazis are the same.
If that's the case, then I can forgive such ignorance. But if you do believe there is no difference in Hitler's Horrors vs a Hard working Indian immigrant wearing a MAGA hat then well... that's on you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

I mean... I'm certainly not a conservative in most regards, but I don't think the blood and soil tiki torch marchers are representative of the vast majority that vote Republican.

He's clearly a troll. He came in and said a bunch of bullshit. Was challenged, and ran away.

Not sure that's fair... it was posted just an hour ago. Besides, he's posted in other threads as well and shared other opinions, like how he thinks Asian women are too plain and not attractive!

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I mean... I'm certainly not a conservative in most regards, but I don't think the blood and soil tiki torch marchers are representative of the vast majority that vote Republican.

Not sure that's fair... it was posted just an hour ago. Besides, he's posted in other threads as well and shared other opinions, like how he thinks Asian women are too plain and not attractive!
I see so he's racist as well. What a tool.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The fact that you joined yesterday and you're already spouting shit like this makes your whole goal way too obvious. You need to be a bit more subtle, otherwise what's the point? You're just going to end up wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom