• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oWcW7Bx.png

It takes a real special individual to come off as a bonafide idiot when dishing out a permaban. Usage of past tense isn't that hard people!

Last edited:
The discord seems to be hinting that his ban is being reviewed......and i dont mean in a downgrade sort of way
seems he pissed off someone else and he is getting a special Reee Perma upgrade...watch this space

I'm holding you to this. Now I wonder if they'll not do it just to stave off suspicion that there's someone from gaf in the discord. It basically ends up becoming Schrodinger's troll at that point.

lol, fuck off Poodlestrike. Just another Jewish guy on staff that doesn't care about the site becoming increasingly antisemitic. Can't wait for him to stand by and do nothing when there's another non-white supremacist attack on a Jewish market that has people saying "well, we should listen to the grievances of the terrorists."

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Bad day for ree. Between the Covington kid and Trump they are twisting themselves in knots. Now they are attacking Trumps speech. Not it's content but the way he delivered it. So sad.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Twitter is sick of places like Resetera brigading people, and of course REEEE is upset that they can't harass people who don't want to see their bullshit:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Bad day for ree. Between the Covington kid and Trump they are twisting themselves in knots. Now they are attacking Trumps speech. Not it's content but the way he delivered it. So sad.

Hell they're still reeling from Dave Chappelle being honored with the Mark Twain award in October. They're still self flagellating themselves over it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
LOL u can tell they didn't even watch the video they are commenting on. these idiots are arguing about him promoting smoking or some shit

EDIT ... and the thread is locked. LOL Dave Chapelle getting the Mark Twain award and you can't discuss it.

locked by a mod who has Rose Tico for an avatar and is listed as "Male" WHAT A SURPRISE!

Last edited:

nush

LOL u can tell they didn't even watch the video they are commenting on.

Which is exactly why I watched all of the hour and forty minutes Contrapoints video so you could clearly see most of them were just making up shit about what was in it as they didn't watch it. Not that it had any effect on the views as that vid still hit 1 million.

Ingeniero

That was the post yeah.
I posted again later after a bunch o people quoted and attacked me.
I said that by Trump standards it was an ok speech.
Perm'd

What a narrow minded and shit board RE is.

Kacho

Gold Member
Any sane person can see what these idiots are doing. It’s basically that “look at that bitch eating crackers” meme.

That was the post yeah.
I posted again later after a bunch o people quoted and attacked me.
I said that by Trump standards it was an ok speech.
Perm'd

What a narrow minded and shit board RE is.

Haha anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, that even starts to look like it's ancestors might someday somewhere think about differing from their narrow worldview is a threat and must be eliminated.

At least they're doing it openly now, whereas I feel like the first year or so they usually tried to cloak it with other BS excuses.

Last edited:

Nixonomics

JYuzZ3U.png

"Surely no one thought it was a good speech - they've gotta be trolling".
They throw these terms around like "bad faith actor" as if they understand what they mean. You know this idiot was smashing that report button.

s9eMeHI.png

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

How dare you call the president of the USA the president, you racist bigot.

BadBurger

Why is Rose from Star Wars so popular there? I thought the character was OK, she didn't really do much in the final movie. Seems random.

I always find it funny how people get banned permanently or with long suspensions if you point out how resetera doesn't allow alternate views from the consensus in a particular thread or the site in general. I remember seeing many threads about members wondering where the moderates or Trump supporters were and people would sometimes call out the fact that they don't allow any dissent so none of the moderates or Trump supporters wanted to get banned for voicing opinions.

Of course they laugh at these people, ban them, then they lie and say YEAH we allow all voices here they are just scared and not competent enough to have a conversation. No one on Reset is attacking alternative views, you're insane, honest we are all open here.

Yet here we are with another Reset ban for a post that was completely harmless, completely proving that the site kicks out all points of view they don't agree with.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Why is Rose from Star Wars so popular there? I thought the character was OK, she didn't really do much in the final movie. Seems random.
Obsession over TLJ and the "alt-right TLJ haters" that live rent-free in their heads. Having a Rose avatar sends the perfect message to their fictional enemies: they can therefore express their love for the movie by celebrating its worst segment and character (thus implying how great the movie is, when its worst part is deem worthy of so much affection), while provoking those evil sexists that supposedly fester eternally within their own community. And as they conveniently disguise their obsession with what can be seem to be, at surface-level, some light-hearted joke (afterall, "it's just Rose!"), you would look silly to try to criticize it, or you'd be the one who would be "taking it too seriously".

Last edited:

BadBurger

Obsession over TLJ and the "alt-right TLJ haters" that live rent-free in their heads. Having a Rose avatar sends the perfect message to their fictional enemies: they can therefore express their love for the movie by celebrating its worst segment and character (thus implying how great the movie is, when its worst part is deem worthy of so much affection), while provoking those evil sexists that supposedly fester eternally within their own community. And as they conveniently disguise their obsession with what can be seem to be, at surface-level, some light-hearted joke (afterall, "it's just Rose!") you would look silly to try to criticize it, or you'd be the one who would be "taking it too seriously".

OK that makes sense, sounds like something an average Ree'r would do.

600Breezy

Post #45

“Gotta love echo chambers”

said without a single ounce of self awareness for where they’re posting

JordanN

Banned
In fact, maybe now is a good time to show the good developers at Bluepoint Games the true face of Resetera.

Anyone with a twitter account want to send them this picture?

nqa023w.png

Or this one?

iJl2d3t.png

Last edited:

nush

Guys! Check out the girlfriend reviews thread on the gaming side! Reasonable people call out ree for its cancel culture and purity bullshit. There's intelligent life there after all!

"Gaming side" where most of the normal people just post about games without realizing how toxic the rest of the forum is. The toxic side realized about mid-way through 2019 that they where not getting as many members banned like they used to in Off Topic so they moved up to gaming for fresh meat. It started with that Pokemon topic as I remember, 45 bans in that one.

vps5c2I.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Guys! Check out the girlfriend reviews thread on the gaming side! Reasonable people call out ree for its cancel culture and purity bullshit. There's intelligent life there after all!
LOL. Never heard of the channel and watched half the video. It seems cheeky. The guy is pretty funny with his dry humour.

As for the thread, I like how the mod Thanatos is basically the first poster calling them shitholes on page 1, then when many people chime in saying they are ok, he disappears and didnt post again.

Asshole.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
LOL. Never heard of the channel and watched half the video. It seems cheeky. The guy is pretty funny with his dry humour.

As for the thread, I like how the mod Thanatos is basically the first poster calling them shitholes on page 1, then when many people chime in saying they are ok, he disappears and didnt post again.

Asshole.
It's a fun channel. Give some more of their videos a shot. Pick a game you like and go for it. They've made a fair bit of "reviews"

And fuck thanatos. Asshole coward.

"Gaming side" where most of the normal people just post about games without realizing how toxic the rest of the forum is. The toxic side realized about mid-way through 2019 that they where not getting as many members banned like they used to in Off Topic so they moved up to gaming for fresh meat. It started with that Pokemon topic as I remember, 45 bans in that one.

vps5c2I.jpg
In the previous ERA circus thread you can see a lot of posters that straddled between both GAF and ERA, making the excuse "yeahhhh Etcetera is crazy but the gaming side is still really good and I like the news and most of the community isn't like that".

Less than a year ago I watched those apologists start to quiet down to the point where I no longer see the excuse getting used. That's how quickly the situation has degraded.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's a fun channel. Give some more of their videos a shot. Pick a game you like and go for it. They've made a fair bit of "reviews"

And fuck thanatos. Asshole coward.
I'm surprised some Reeee people even likes that channel.

If the other videos are similar in style, the guy likes to rip jokes at his girlfriend (which she seems to love kidding around).

Colin Moriaty got grilled for a wife or girlfriend joke, yet this duo still seems loved.

Reeeee should be flaming that the guy is making fun of his girlfriend with witty jokes.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I'm surprised some Reeee people even likes that channel.

If the other videos are similar in style, the guy likes to rip jokes at his girlfriend (which she seems to love kidding around).

Colin Moriaty got grilled for a wife or girlfriend joke, yet this duo still seems loved.

Reeeee should be flaming that the guy is making fun of his girlfriend with witty jokes.
True. The white hetro normative couple is problematic to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom