• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
h2rlrky.png

People shitting on Girlfriend Reviews is why Trump was elected.

(I'm totally liberal, though)

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Holy shit... this poster.
dWoowcJ.png

Mods please ban discussion on this topic so we can have discussions. Only one opinion should be allowed in this discussion!

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
The thread is hit and miss, but as it went it seems more supporters than bashers.

The first basher in the thread is a mod named Thanatos who ripped them.

It's someone in the industry. If it were a mod the crybaby would have banned every dissenter.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member

Post #45

“Gotta love echo chambers”

said without a single ounce of self awareness for where they’re posting
That thread is so full of hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness it makes my head spin.

When someone on Era unironically posts the MGS2 ”creating context” speech I can only laugh and shake my head.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That thread is so full of hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness it makes my head spin.

When someone on Era unironically posts the MGS2 ”creating context” speech I can only laugh and shake my head.
Can 't wait for all the trollers to use "Statement" mode to piss people off. lol

nush

Of course they hate the changes 99% of the posts are actually dog whistles that they can't dogpile people they disagree with anymore. "Nazis".

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
h2rlrky.png

People shitting on Girlfriend Reviews is why Trump was elected.

(I'm totally liberal, though)

The circular firing squad will always continue cause their entire sentiment is not progressive nor a sincere push towards inclusiveness. It's all about narcissism and insecurity. It's about rising above by slamming another for personal reasons. It's not about building bridges but segmenting people for superficial reasons.

I am glad more people are beginning to realize the hypocrasy and grift which is RE, Twitter outrage cults, cancel culture, and the pro-authoritarian left.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
In the thread about the girlfriend reviews, there is also some point that really set me back:
- Comment encouraging people to check out NakeyJakey content, fairly soon after NakeyJakey controversy where he decided it was a great idea to hug known-racist JonTron.
So now, you are not only guilty by association (saying something positive about someone who did something wrong), but you are guilty by association to the second degree (saying something positive about someone who said something positive about someone who did something wrong)? With such rules, how can you ever say anything positive about anyone? What do I know if person X who I think makes great stuff has ever said something nice about person Y who in turn may have said something positive about shithead Z? By that standard, I am pretty sure you can trash basically everyone. That's dangerously close to six degrees of separation.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
In the thread about the girlfriend reviews, there is also some point that really set me back:
So now, you are not only guilty by association (saying something positive about someone who did something wrong), but you are guilty by association to the second degree (saying something positive about someone who said something positive about someone who did something wrong)? With such rules, how can you ever say anything positive about anyone? What do I know if person X who I think makes great stuff has ever said something nice about person Y who in turn may have said something positive about shithead Z? By that standard, I am pretty sure you can trash basically everyone. That's dangerously close to six degrees of separation.

Logic doesn't apply. SJW just want an excuse to hate. They are probably jealous of this jontron dude and grasp at everything to hate.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Jesus christ. The amount of hatred and vitriol being thrown at Elon musk and his unborn child is insane... are these people connecting from an insane asylum??

Logic doesn't apply. SJW just want an excuse to hate. They are probably jealous of this elon musk dude and grasp at everything to hate.

Handel

Jesus christ. The amount of hatred and vitriol being thrown at Elon musk and his unborn child is insane... are these people connecting from an insane asylum??

They don't care about white children and would prefer them to be aborted, haven't you got the memo?

accel

I don't know why specifically Era hate Elon Musk but I am going to take a bet that this has very little to do with his questionable industry / stock market performance and is something much more stupid, like "he has business in Asia, so he is fascist".

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I must say I find it pretty surprising that Girlfriend Review is not banned on Resetera. Afterall, it perpetuates the "girl has no idea about video games, boyfriend plays video games and lectures her about them" stereotype.
It’s almost as if they had double, triple, quadruple standards in place that can be changed on a whim to suit the situation.
Call it stardards fluidity if you will.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I don't know why specifically Era hate Elon Musk but I am going to take a bet that this has very little to do with his questionable industry / stock market performance and is something much more stupid, like "he has business in Asia, so he is fascist".

He is everything they want to be. Handsome, rich, HAS A hot girl, smart, says what he wants.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I’m trying to understand that Elon Musk thread and came across this post:

“I too weep for the billionaires that allow poverty, homelessness, hunger, and addiction to propagate throughout our society”

Are they really mad at this unborn child because the kids father hasn’t fixed the world of every problem that’s existed since the beginning of civilization?

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
He is everything they want to be. Handsome, rich, HAS A hot girl, smart, says what he wants.
lol no dude.
d19937ffacb649c99230ae2b6283f620--hair-reference-drawing-reference.jpg

INB4 (COMMENT REMOVED YOU CAN'T SHAME CELEBRITIES SLOWMOTION BAKA!)
But I wish I had his money though! (not his 6 other kids!)

Saruhashi

Banned
Guys! Check out the girlfriend reviews thread on the gaming side! Reasonable people call out ree for its cancel culture and purity bullshit. There's intelligent life there after all!

Hahahahahahahaha.

Of course, of course, OF COURSE, the people behind the channel are just a decent looking couple who appear to have a healthy and successful relationship sooooooooo RetardEra has to hate them.

Like what do you think they are going to do? Come on a video looking like a fat unkempt mess ranting about evil PewDiePie, Boogie and JonTron while getting spittle and KFC batter fragments all over their mic and camera?

It's ridiculous that they think people should only have 2 speeds when interacting with others. "Over the top love bombing that could be taken away if they step out of line" or "abuse and hate because I heard the person said or did something bad one time".

Like as if this normal seeming couple would not, you know, act normally around fellow Youtubers etc.
Like if I were to meet someone like Sarkeesian I would be perfectly polite and conversational. If she started with her Feminist crap I might either say nothing at all or gently voice my disagreement. Cos that's how civilized people act in normal society. I ain't gonna flip out and scream "you fucking ruined videogames you goddamned sack of rancid minge grease".

So it's the same here. They are supposed to flip out and hate their peers?
Normal people give others the benefit of the doubt.

Normal, Pleasant, Nice Looking, Well Adjusted, Game Review Couple: Hello everyone!
Basement Dwelling, Pudgy, Toothless, Swivel-Eyed, ReetardEra Posters: HOW DARE YOU LIKE PEOPLE I DON'T LIKE!!!! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Saruhashi

Banned

It's just an excuse to bash them. Nothing more. Bullying.

You think these people live by these rules themselves? Delving into the backgrounds of everyone they encounter and flipping out if you once hugged someone who once hugged someone else who once allegedly said something really bad?

You probably wouldn't be able to function socially if you tried to live like that.
Imagine you are at a party and one of the guests starts freaking out because another guest has a sister who is married to a Trump supporter and he still liked his sisters holiday photos on Facebook. You'd be thinking get that person out of this party and never invite them again.

Normal people don't, probably can't, behave this way in real life.
These are not normal people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom