• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
#standupforfemalez
763018.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
KSweeley
Community Resettler

12 minutes ago
Bakercat said:
As someone who is disabled that requires these programs to survive while unemployed, this would leave me homeless.
In the exact same boat as you. I'm highly dependent on my monthly Social Security benefit payments. If Social Security and Medicare gets cut completely for the disabled, I'm totally screwed.

It's fucked up to me because I worked multiple years, I paid money INTO Social Security then through no fault of my own, I became so disabled that I can't hold a regular paying job and the federal government made the determination that yes, I am legally disabled as defined by federal law and made the determination that I paid enough into Social Security to obtain Social Security payments much earlier than 65 or whatever retirement age is for myself (currently 34, born in January 1986).
this explains so much about this poster, why they post so constantly, and the content of their posts

they are a 34 year old who refuses to work and just lives off social security. no wonder they can spend all day complaining about shit online

With all the issues in the world today, Era has decided to take a stand, to stop tyranny, and to bring everyone together by...

<checks notes>

Cancelling Hot Pockets...

Because it... <checks notes again>

"platformed problematic comic strips"

They are doing the good work over there.
The Far Left is what happens when you take the Far Right, remove the idea of God/Higher Power, but keep the idea of Religion.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
The Far Left is what happens when you take the Far Right, remove the idea of God/Higher Power, but keep the idea of Religion.

This is a ridiculous comment.

The Authoritarian Left doesn't believe the apocalypse is coming. Wait, shit...

They don't oust their own people because they break away from the groupthink dogma. Fuck....

They don't make excuses for their members in power that they would chastise other people for. Mother fucker....

Okay. I got nothing.

Last edited:
This is a ridiculous comment.

The Authoritarian Left doesn't believe the apocalypse is coming. Wait, shit...

They don't oust their own people because they break away from the groupthink dogma. Fuck....

They don't make excuses for their members in power that they would chastise other people for. Mother fucker....

Okay. I got nothing.
Take a Missionary, remove Jesus, replace with the "flavor of the month" Diet...

Instead of them beating you over the head with Jesus and the Christian Lifestyle, they beat you over the head with the Vegan Diet the Vegan Lifestyle

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Okay... So 20% of ERA is unemployed (that makes sense but I expected it to be higher)
32% are “STEM Professionals” sorry but working at GameStop doesn’t make you a STEM Professional. So that number is definitely inflated.

Do these results surprise you?
6pOzeO7.png

They're probably lumping an attempting indie videogame developer (or critic) as a STEM professional.

I think I'll be just fine. Discussion of those games aren't banned as far as I know?

The games aren't, but the personalities behind them are. People like Jaffe, Daniel Vavra, the Huniepop guy, Doug Tennapel, etc, would all be banned on site on Era. Speaking friendly to or about them would be a clear "dismissing concerns of bigotry" ban.

TaySan

Banned
Good fishing in Utah?
Just about everything outdoor wise!
Mormon thing kinda sucks though :(
The games aren't, but the personalities behind them are. People like Jaffe, Daniel Vavra, the Huniepop guy, Doug Tennapel, etc, would all be banned on site on Era. Speaking friendly to or about them would be a clear "dismissing concerns of bigotry" ban.
Well i'm more interested in Twisted Metal than Jaffe so i was mainly hyped for his games. XD But good to know for future reference.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Just about everything outdoor wise!
Mormon thing kinda sucks though :(

Well i'm more interested in Twisted Metal than Jaffe so i was mainly hyped for his games. XD But good to know for future reference.

Loved Utah, worked in Park City as a Sous Chef at a Ski an Snowboard Resort at the Hyatt up there for a couple years. One of the best hotel's I worked at.

this explains so much about this poster, why they post so constantly, and the content of their posts

they are a 34 year old who refuses to work and just lives off social security. no wonder they can spend all day complaining about shit online
That amount of dependence on welfare is what will screw over that poster in the long run. Welfare is supposed to be a safety net with the goal of eventually becoming self-sustainable to not need to depend on it anymore.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Pitchfork give Halsey a 6.5, she responds by saying their building should collapse (it's the new world trade building):
ffnntQo.png

How many of these people 'joke' about other's workplaces collapsing in general?

TaySan

Banned
Loved Utah, worked in Park City as a Sous Chef at a Ski an Snowboard Resort at the Hyatt up there for a couple years. One of the best hotel's I worked at.
If i had money Park City would be the place where i would live. So nice up there. Ogden will do lol

Last edited:

nush

What is concern trolling?

You'll see it any time a reetard comes into this topic. "Wow you guys need to get over the whole Era thing, I thought you were better than this".

It looks like honest feedback but it's a reverse psychology "Shut up, shut up, shut up"

So you pretend to care about something but not really.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
You'll see it any time a reetard comes into this topic. "Wow you guys need to get over the whole Era thing, I thought you were better than this".

It looks like honest feedback but it's a reverse psychology "Shut up, shut up, shut up"

My personal favorite is when your argument is logically sound, respectful, and well presented, then they hit you with "arguing in bad faith". This is implying they know your motives beyond a shadow of a doubt and somehow you are being disingenous. In truth, they have no retort and they are going to dismiss you and possibly ban you on... well... nothing.

Shmunter

Get over what, it’s a comedy thread. Point and laugh

daemissary

The hill he died on:
IDxe3Bt.png

Lol, I appreciate the picture so I can save that for eternity...legitimately didn’t know which post I was banned for since it was all so ridiculous. Someone literally hit me with the “arguing in bad faith” line right before that too. Like what are you talking about? Why would I argue a point I don’t believe?

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Day 2 on Resetera and so far so good. I am wondering if I should post a neutral opinion in an off-topic thread or not but that seems risky.

No fucking lie... I say INSANE shit..and get a pass.

I've been screenshotted and posted in places for the crazy shit I've said.

I honestly am about to hit 'reply' and think "Man, your flying to close to the sun" everytime.

Edit: Neutral = dismissing concerns.

Never be middle of the road. Be militant with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shmunter

No fucking lie... I say INSANE shit..and get a pass.

I've been screenshotted and posted in places for the crazy shit I've said.

I honestly am about to hit 'reply' and think "Man, your flying to close to the sun" everytime.

Edit: Neutral = dismissing concerns.

Never be middle of the road. Be militant with them.
Insane has never been the problem, it’s the Sane that gets ousted. 🤪

Bigrx1

Banned
Every time I venture in here and look at a restera thread linked I always see the same buzz words over and over and over. Everything that is not extreme left seems to be either (ususally all) of these - alt-right, nazi, racist, bigot, some sort of phobe. Am I missing any? And the actual meaning of a lot of these words don't even seem to fit with how they use them most of the times.

I think the most baffling one to me is that anyone who is not them is nazi? But..... from what I have seen it's these same extreme leftists who basically have decided they have the right of things, are the GOOD people and ANY dissenting opinion or challenge automatically makes that person a BAD person. And since they are BAD, they are free to be destroyed via the online witch hunts, cancel trains and mobs. So, we are the good and supreme people and the others are to be destroyed....................hmmmmmmm................................................ what does that kind of sound like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom