• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
source.gif
You and thousands of others just don't know ERA like I do.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Also, I don't know if The One Who Knocks is PhantomThief. Back in September of last year TOWK had posted about playing A Link to The Past for the first time, and I'm fairly certain PT had played it before as I remember having discussions with him about it during our GameSpot days.

Although he was a massive fan of that particular Breaking Bad quote.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Era is a meant to be a safe place for people like me to share and be open with like minded members and not be judged harshly and laughed at. There are very few places for people with disabilities that are safe and Era is one of them.

But you have bad people outside of the forum with bad intentions cherry picking posts with no context to them and laughing at them. Obviously I cant do anything about otherwise I would shut them down for good.
A safe place is no longer a safe place if it is out in the open. As far as I know there are some Resetera discords that might be more private and more appropriate to discuss things you do not want outsiders to discuss, but in the end, due to the anonymity of the internet, even there you aren't really sure no disingenuous people are around.

Papa

Banned
I'm not opposed to having right-wingers around but do understand that anything goes rules does tend to slide right ward into the fringes of bigotry and wingnut conspiracy theories. I should have clarified that I don't think that's what this place is, but I have here and there seen the tropes and dogwhistles they use. I believe In balance.

How about you fuck off and go do your sliding elsewhere

Bigrx1

Banned
A safe place is no longer a safe place if it is out in the open. As far as I know there are some Resetera discords that might be more private and more appropriate to discuss things you do not want outsiders to discuss, but in the end, due to the anonymity of the internet, even there you aren't really sure no disingenuous people are around.

I would imagine there are people in those as well just looking for some juicy stuff to post elsewhere. I’ve seen a lot of cancel train posts on Reddit front page lately and one specifically was from someone’s “leaked” discord chat. Some streamer said something wrong and the mob was out for blood for it - shocker.

Last edited:
I actually think era is worse than kf

Kf simply points out how stupid someone or something is......they created the banbot

Era on the other hand has access to your work email and has mods and users that actively go out of their way to interfere in the lives of people they don't agree with

I would much rather people highlighting dumb posts I made years ago than a bunch of militant reeeetards emailing my bosses...harnessing my family and friends

You want safe spaces....don't go on the internet

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I humbly ask every semi-normal thinking REEEEEEra member to go in that thread and post a common sense comment, so all that will be left there are the completely batshit insane people. TaySan TaySan , do you think the above post by a ResetEra member deserves a 1-month ban? A Aristide ? Terra Torment Terra Torment ?

None of them will jeopardise their account on reset. They'll swallow their criticisms and will self-censor in order to keep an account in good standing. That's how a cult works, they teach you to bludgeon yourself into compliance.

Myself? After I saw the reset circus dancing on the graves of people who killed themselves I told them what I thought about them. Promptly and swiftly stealth permabanned, of course.

I've heard of Kiwi Farms on other boards and videos but I have no clue what it is and apparently that's a good thing from what I hear.

We gotta try to be a bit more inclusive than that, amigo.

Amigo is some SJW computer, I'll stick with my Amiga. The Amigo gets viruses constantly and I have to reset the ram each time I want to change applications. Still uses PC speaker and CGA in 2020, that was gone in the 80's bro. ee are current here on GAF.

How can one be expected to express opinions when you receive all your opinions from the crowd? Folks must hold ERA members in high esteem if they think they have enough independent thought to go against the grain in the first place. When they return here and screeeeech, even that lacks creativity.

The difference between ERA and GAF isn't left-leaning versus right-leaning, it is "trashfire of freethinkers" versus "SHUT THE FUCK UP TERF". It is people who need to suckle at the teat of authoritarians versus people who despise being told what to think or do.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So is BAD an actual poster or an undercover Coca Cola Corporation social media agent in disguise?

Just weird he posts the usual dumbs threads but now and then he’s really super all about soft drinks lol. Pretty sure “it became a billion dollar brand” was also in his last thread.

my only question is he a paid shill or just a unpaid one?

Last edited:

ViolentP

Era is a meant to be a safe place for people like me to share and be open with like minded members and not be judged harshly and laughed at. There are very few places for people with disabilities that are safe and Era is one of them.

But you have bad people outside of the forum with bad intentions cherry picking posts with no context to them and laughing at them. Obviously I cant do anything about otherwise I would shut them down for good.

Friend, Era is not a safe space. It simply hides a lot of truths from its members and it does so with an iron fist. So ask yourself, is that the behavior of a place that is truly safe or is it simply the image they are trying to project?

Say what you will about a place like Gaf but while you may be insulted and trashed for your honest opinion, the response you get would also be honest. Only one of these will make you stronger. The other, a victim.

Mista

Banned
[User banned (1 month): hostility and thread whining, ignoring staff post]

Like.. literally just a (probably) very valid observation, but nope, it is wrongthink and deserves a *1 month* ban.

I humbly ask every semi-normal thinking REEEEEEra member to go in that thread and post a common sense comment, so all that will be left there are the completely batshit insane people. TaySan TaySan , do you think the above post by a ResetEra member deserves a 1-month ban? A Aristide ? Terra Torment Terra Torment ?

I suppose the best case I can make, is I *guess* they think it goes against this STAFF POST:

[Link]

Which basically says this thread is to have a "discussion" about his alleged sexual assault/and corresponding harassment/etc. Okay. Isn't the post by rycisko, by definition, discussing this? Or have they absolutely changed the definition of discussion to mean you have 1 talking point, and anything coming within sniffing distance of disagreement is ban-worthy?
HAHAHAHAHA THATS A FUNNY REQUEST! You think any of those ponies would jeopardise their little sacred account just so they post something that’ll get them banned? Of course not! They’re too scared to lose their little place thats filled with sick fucks that you can’t talk any sense to

Mista

Banned

ITS A PUBLIC FORUM THAT ANYONE CAN ACCESS. HOW THE FUCK IS IT A SAFE FUCKING PLACE?!

For fuck sake I’m sick and tired of dumb fucks that doesn’t want to take their heads out of their arse! Fucking hell

HAHAHAHAHA THATS A FUNNY REQUEST! You think any of those ponies would jeopardise their little sacred account just so they post something that’ll get them banned? Of course not! They’re too scared to lose their little place thats filled with sick fucks that you can’t talk any sense to

I know TaySan still posts over there and is walking the highwire sometimes, I thought both A Aristide and Terra Torment Terra Torment both mentioned they'd recently been banned over there, so was wondering their thoughts as recent REEfugees.

Karma Jawa

How can one be expected to express opinions when you receive all your opinions from the crowd? Folks must hold ERA members in high esteem if they think they have enough independent thought to go against the grain in the first place. When they return here and screeeeech, even that lacks creativity.

The difference between ERA and GAF isn't left-leaning versus right-leaning, it is "trashfire of freethinkers" versus "SHUT THE FUCK UP TERF". It is people who need to suckle at the teat of authoritarians versus people who despise being told what to think or do.

Reading through this forum and that forum (neither of which I knew anything about a month ago) I’d say that’s a good description. I’m left-leaning, but Era has shoehorned the fuck out of itself:

330px-Political_spectrum_horseshoe_model.svg.png

I believe in a society that helps the most vulnerable rather than making the rich richer, but there’s miles of middle ground to discuss, and I’m not some precious flower that runs around screaming if someone disagrees. I’ve seen examples of posts that represent something close to all of those points on the horseshoe, but there’s dialogue and openness.

Any side of the political spectrum that tries to shut down debate should be avoided. This site feels like a conversation in a rowdy bar, rather than a single-vision cult.

Mista

Banned
I'm not opposed to having right-wingers around but do understand that anything goes rules does tend to slide right ward into the fringes of bigotry and wingnut conspiracy theories. I should have clarified that I don't think that's what this place is, but I have here and there seen the tropes and dogwhistles they use. I believe In balance.
Aren’t you a cutie? You know nothing about this place so don’t talk about what you don’t know. Jog on

Any side of the political spectrum that tries to shut down debate should be avoided. This site feels like a conversation in a rowdy bar, rather than a single-vision cult.

Amen to that. Spending the time I have online, I've seen friends go far down the horseshoe on both sides, and it saddens me to see them go down that route.

Dr. Claus

Banned

The fuck are you babbling about?

Reading through this forum and that forum (neither of which I knew anything about a month ago) I’d say that’s a good description. I’m left-leaning, but Era has shoehorned the fuck out of itself:

330px-Political_spectrum_horseshoe_model.svg.png

I believe in a society that helps the most vulnerable rather than making the rich richer, but there’s miles of middle ground to discuss, and I’m not some precious flower that runs around screaming if someone disagrees. I’ve seen examples of posts that represent something close to all of those points on the horseshoe, but there’s dialogue and openness.

That infernal horseshoe. Papa Papa and you can now be lovers in the nighttime.

Dr. Claus

Banned
A narcissist trying to make its new nest after getting kicked out of its old one.

Been here less than a week and already carrying on about what he is and isn’t opposed to being allowed here as if his opinion is worth a damn.

Oh good lord. Another one? Well, just a matter of time before they show their ass or ask for a perm because they can't handle dissenting opinions.

I agree with the main point that the further you move to the extremes of the left or right, you eventually arrive at pretty much the same stage. Essentially shut up and do what I say, or die.
Agreed, I think the most obvious case (for me) was when academia was cool with housing segregation on campus. I had to double-take.

Resetera sending the message of who controls the plantation.

But if Conservatives point out this out, they are called racist. 🤷‍♀️
If only these ideologues would codify a totem so that we know where everyone stands.

Immutable characteristics used to be the standard, but apparently political alignment can knock you down a few pegs. :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Aristide

Yep this thread is full of memorable resetarianisms like :

GOP minorities are pathetic. I LOVE seeing them get their wake up call.

JordanN

Banned
This post is my favourite.

bXlNqaT.png

So SJW's completely understand that Black people can be successful. But when it's the other political party that does it (i.e voting Republican) then it's the wrong type of success and racism is somehow abundant.

What would happen if all Black people went Republican tomorrow? Are we suppose to believe that racism will now skyrocket since black families could look forward to safer neighborhoods, higher income, lower unemployment and more stable marriages?

Damn, just imagine what kind of world that would be? Instead, we live in the world where Democratic cities are pulling in mass shootings every weekend....

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Wow. Full on racist thread with support from the mods. Incredible. Bigots.
I was going to create a thread on Neogaf asking how does a website like Resetera manage to still get game industry publishers to react to them when this is the same website that is brazen about punching republicans, killing white babies, threatening the U.S President and his children on a regular basis.

Like, this is stuff I would only expect from a terrorist website or something found on the deep web. And yet even high level employees from Microsoft or Activision still seem to disregard all this and maintain contact with Resetera. Would they still speak to them when confronted with the truth?

pwEuKVs.png

Resetera sending the message of who controls the plantation.

But if Conservatives point out this out, they are called racist. 🤷‍♀️

gQySNfD.jpg

Great thread to find the exceptional posters to tag and follow for more great posts down the road. It's like a honeypot to lure the big fish all in one spot. Catch & release!

I was going to create a thread on Neogaf asking how does a website like Resetera manage to still get game industry publishers to react to them when this is the same website that is brazen about punching republicans, killing white babies, threatening the U.S President and his children on a regular basis.

Like, this is stuff I would only expect from a terrorist website or something found on the deep web. And yet even high level employees from Microsoft or Activision still seem to disregard all this and maintain contact with Resetera. Would they still speak to them when confronted with the truth?

I still think most of Corporate everything is too scared of WOKE RAGE to do/say anything, but hopefully that will start to change.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member

It’s a slow process but they’ll learn the truth about it being an extremist site eventually.

JordanN

Banned
I still think most of Corporate everything is too scared of WOKE RAGE to do/say anything, but hopefully that will start to change.
I'm reminded of an incident recently. It was THQ Nordic when they had one of their employees post on 8chan?

THQ offered a small apology but Resetera still wanted their head and every thread was bombarded with messages of how evil THQ was.

But here I am thinking, why does THQ have to apologize and not all the other developers who are completely oblivious to Reset's behavior?

Last edited:
I'm reminded of an incident recently. It was THQ Nordic when they had one of their employees post on 8chan?

THQ offered a small apology but Resetera still wanted their head and every thread was bombarded with messages of how evil THQ was.

But here I am thinking, why does THQ have to apologize and not all the other developers who are completely oblivious to Reset's behavior?

Developers/Companies/etc see a tiny # of people yelling at them and threatening things and just apologize right away. I don't know if they don't know or don't care that an apology won't fix anything, the same people will never be satisfied.. but maybe it does get the less angry people off their backs? I don't know. I'd double down and stick it in their faces.. but then again I don't run an international corporation (or do I?).

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Really bummed they closed the Rogan/Bernie endorsement thread, that was my go to for Trainwreck entertainment for a while. What a wild ride

nush

Fuck, Diggehs going to sign back into GAF now. :messenger_fearful:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom