• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaySan

Banned
I don't really get why you are parading your disability around here, since no one would ever notice if you didn't.
Feels to me like you want to get applauded for it.
I don't really want to go through a multiple page argument about this again, but I'm not parading it. Now that's it out in the open I'm just saying who I am and being honest.

I don't really want to go through a multiple page argument about this again, but I'm not parading it. Now that's it out in the open I'm just saying who I am and being honest.
You make your disability a large point in what you chose to be seen as on online discussion boards.
When I see your name it's tagged in my head with #REE and #AUTISM .

How is that not parading?

TaySan

Banned
You make your disability a large point in what you chose to be seen as on online discussion boards.
When I see your name it's tagged in my head with #REE and #AUTISM .

How is that not parading?
That's your own fault I guess? No one here would have known if it wasn't for a screen cap. Anyways can we drop this? I went through this the other day and I don't want to do it again.

Last edited:

nush

That's your own fault I guess? No one here would have known if it wasn't for a screen cap. Anyways can we drop this? I went through this the other day and I don't want to do it again.
Bullshit.

That post was Statment a) directly followed by unrelated statement b) which just happened to say you claim to have autism. Scopa made the post with a screencap that was already in the wild and commented clearly referring ONLY to statement a). You then claimed he was checking up on you and then made it all about statement b).

If you want it dropped STOP reacting to any mention of it, that's on you.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
Yes this is what I was talking about. Yes I know it's a public forum, but the community itself fosters a safe environment. No one there can call me a fucking autist and get away with it. :(

Are they truly being genuine? I don't know for sure, but they can't be malicious on the site for sure. I feel safer posting there and being open. That is my feelings and I'm sorry if that is irrational.

This is false. I tried to engage in that "fostered" environment, but was meant with bullshit instead.

It's all good being an epileptic until they look at your profile and see you're are a white male (since then removed that info from my profile). All of that sympathy was rescinded (a lot of PMs that were down-right mean and inappropriate), as I just didn't have it as bad as a minority who has epilepsy. Guess what? They got away with it. I have since then never made the mistake of trying engage with that shit ass safe space again. Instead, I viewed the "safe" space as more of a privilege that resetera only allows in if you meet a certain criteria. I didn't meet it, obviously, so fuck that place.

Last edited:
Yes this is what I was talking about. Yes I know it's a public forum, but the community itself fosters a safe environment. No one there can call me a fucking autist and get away with it. :(

Are they truly being genuine? I don't know for sure, but they can't be malicious on the site for sure. I feel safer posting there and being open. That is my feelings and I'm sorry if that is irrational.

I don't think it's irrational at all, but I question if it's really that satisfying. I would categorize Era as a fake safe space in that aspect as a good chunk of the userbase absolutely doesn't care about mental illness and are ableist as fuck. I understand being fine with that to some extent, but personally, I'd rather someone just call me an autist to me face than get talked down to by people that I KNOW aren't being genuine.

YhjT2eJ.png

At least they won't be procreating.

I don't have a "I NEED IT" sex drive. It's pretty mellow. But when I'm seeing a woman and she wants the sex, it doesn't matter how much I'm not in the mood...blood flows at fucking light speed, and it's "fuck yeah. Let's do the sex!"

...I...I have said that on more than one occasion. Thankfully it resulted in laughter 100% of the time, so the mood wasn't ruined, and I got to raw dog the night away.

Edit: I know asexuality is a thing, it's very much 100% real, and it's unfortunate. I could not imagine not having a sex drive. If I were suddenly struck with a complete disinterest in intimacy, I would probably Kurt Cobain myself...but I would be pulling the trigger and not Courtney Love.

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
It's funny Trannysan have to came here to have a real discussion and even have the right to reply.

If GAF uses the same standard as Reee, at first we would see 20 to 30 replies like fuck you, fascist, alt-right and other nonsense, then at least 5 reports to the admins, then the action by mods Dismiss concerns about shut the fuck up, trolling, excusing idiocy, history of bad avatars( duration pending), and after a month, Your account has been upgraded in a permaban, reason: shame on you!

nush

It's funny Trannysan have to came here to have a real discussion and even have the right to reply.

If GAF uses the same standard as Reee, at first we would see 20 to 30 replies like fuck you, fascist, alt-right and other nonsense, then at least 5 reports to the admins, then the action by mods Dismiss concerns about shut the fuck up, trolling, excusing idiocy, history of bad avatars( duration pending), and after a month, Your account has been upgraded in a permaban, reason: shame on you!

That's why the Report button on GAF is just a placebo like the close elevator doors button.

pwEuKVs.png

Resetera sending the message of who controls the plantation.

But if Conservatives point this out, they are called racist. 🤷‍♀️

gQySNfD.jpg

Funny how the Republican party was founded on the biggest anti-racism message ever (freeing the slaves) and yet some 150+ years later, it's now the racist party.

Large portion of the Resetera thread about minorities supporting Republicans are white and this isn't the first time they were caught doing that. White liberals love pretending they are black temporarily to screw over Black Republicans, because then they are allowed to be as racist as possible by their own permission.

Meanwhile Black conditions in this country are worse than in 1968, but apparently they should still vote for the party that actively targets blacks and throws them under the bus for other groups and won't even give the slums water that's safe to drink?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Bigrx1

Banned
They look down on everyone who doesn’t adhere to their strict code of talking and belief - that thread’s title needs to be expanded a bit. Actually it’s more than looking down you are a worthless, bad shit human if you don’t

#Phonepunk#

Banned
God_Of_Phwoar

Today at 3:11 AM
Caspah said:
Easy to see that all of this has him shook. He's unhinged and incoherent tonight. Moreso than usual. See the whole thread

To see the President of the United States holding rallies (Just think of the fact that we are calling these RALLIES!), drugged up to the teeth, spreading lies about foreigners invading the country and raping children, while his cult members enthusiastically comply with every cheer or boo asked of them is FUCKING TERRIFYING. This is LITERALLY a nazi rally. This is where Germany headed at the start of World War II. This is not an exaggeration. Holy shit.
"just think of the fact that we are calling these RALLIES!"
"literally a nazi rally"
"this is where Germany headed at the start of World War II"
"This is not an exaggeration"
giphy.gif

but yes, HE's the unhinged one :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

pulga

Banned
I don't really get why you are parading your disability around here, since no one would ever notice if you didn't.
Feels to me like you want to get applauded for it.
Someone fucking ASKED him right now, is he just supposed to ignore a question?

The piling on TaySan in here is utterly pathetic, at least he has the balls to post on both forums and take all your shit on the chin. I think it's fair game to ask his opinion on everyday Era lunacy, but the dog-piling is entirely unnecesary. People here want more people to come back? Stop being dickwads when they do.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Edit: I know asexuality is a thing, it's very much 100% real, and it's unfortunate. I could not imagine not having a sex drive.

I dont really get why asexuality is a "problem", assuming someone was always that way. A life isn't impacted by not having sex. I suppose it might make having an intimate relationship more difficult but really, just cultivate some good friends. We see it as bad because we would notice the lack of sex drive, but if it was never there to begin with then it would be like claiming a lack of desire to eat pancakes is an identity, when really it is just a quirk.

I'm guessing asexuality (low libido) is often a manifestation of some other physical or mental issue and THAT is what needs to be addressed. But making asexuality some sort of default position is probably doing a disservice to almost everyone claiming it because it implies there is no treatment.

But anyway, this "just asking quesrions" post alone would get me perma'd on ree.

He isn't though, every other day someone asks him about his disability for some stupid ass reason and he responds. He's even asked for people to stop it.
Well, then I guess he learned his lesson, NeoGAF style.

People would not confront him with it if he hadn't pulled the "don't talk shit about random disability"-card.

jason10mm

Gold Member
He isn't though, every other day someone asks him about his disability for some stupid ass reason and he responds. He's even asked for people to stop it.
High functioning autism isnt a disability though. It is more of a personality quirk. I have it as well and it impacts nothing in my life other than making my wife annoyed as shit with me because I dont listen to her feelings enough and enjoy spending time with myself. Nonverbal autistics that cant live independently, THEY are disabled.

Someone who can hold down a job, a couple of relationships, and chat with folks online is just a normal person, maybe a bit reclusive or weird compared to the average bear.

It would be like saying "I have a terrible singing voice, I'm disabled!" when really all it says is "I suck at karaoke, I'm always in the back of the church choir, and no one asks me to sing the national anthem at events". Boo hoo.

TaySan

Banned
High functioning autism isnt a disability though. It is more of a personality quirk. I have it as well and it impacts nothing in my life other than making my wife annoyed as shit with me because I dont listen to her feelings enough and enjoy spending time with myself. Nonverbal autistics that cant live independently, THEY are disabled.

Someone who can hold down a job, a couple of relationships, and chat with folks online is just a normal person, maybe a bit reclusive or weird compared to the average bear.

It would be like saying "I have a terrible singing voice, I'm disabled!" when really all it says is "I suck at karaoke, I'm always in the back of the church choir, and no one asks me to sing the national anthem at events". Boo hoo.
It's not the worst thing ever in the world, but I still have my own challenges. Such as making meaningfully friendships and being able to live independently. :( I don't want to delve deep into that, but I don't want to use it as a "clutch" from criticism either. It is what it is.

If they will stop bringing it up it won't be brought up, but I already know the game they are playing with me.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
New. I expect a lot more first post closueres based on that reason. Or will this be only for posters with < 5000 posts. I think we alllllllll know the answer to that.

LI95iUw.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I'm guessing asexuality (low libido) is often a manifestation of some other physical or mental issue and THAT is what needs to be addressed.
it's an actual problem for many people that can't simply "be addressed". for instance for me, i was born with a number of medical issues, resulting in a stunted development. this means i am very short and under developed in many ways, i still look like a kid tho i am nearing 40. i spent my teenage years on a number of medications which both decreased my energy levels and inceased my depression (one drug i was on during my formative "hs dating years" Accutane, has suicidal tendencies as a side effect). this fucked up my social development and i never really learned how to "talk to girls". on top of this i have a blood & heart condition that makes me dizzy and easily tire. this is not curable or solvable, this is something i live with my entire life. this makes dating, going out to parties and bars, etc. physically & mentally more demanding on me than most.

all of this put together has directly impacted my ability to maintain intimate relationships and has only gotten worse and i've gotten older. just calling it a "physical or mental issue" is a oblivious simplification. granted i'm not saying i will never have another girlfriend (it's been 15 years at this point) but it's a struggle for me for many legitimate reasons that i always see brushed off. asexuality is indeed a thing many people legitimately suffer from. ignoring it doesn't do anything other than prove your ignorance.

it's a shame that all sexual problems are lumped together under the toxic "incel" banner because we have legit issues of intimacy for millions of people. we should address those in good faith but instead it feels like mainstream media wants to continue punishing us with shame and alienation.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
it's an actual problem for many people that can't simply "be addressed". for ....wants to continue punishing us with shame and alienation.

First off, sorry that you've had issues (seriously).

But would you consider yourself asexual or just involuntarily celibate? You seem to want sexual companionship. So it seems to me that you might be a normal heterosexual person saddled with medication side effects rather than someone 'born' without a need for sexual activity. (If I understand asexuality correctly).

Edit- BTW I didnt mean to call you an incel with all the baggage that term implies, just that you are between partners (like we have all been at various points in our lives).

Last edited:
A narcissist trying to make its new nest after getting kicked out of its old one.

Been here less than a week and already carrying on about what he is and isn’t opposed to being allowed here as if his opinion is worth a damn.
Nah.

Truth be told I got hyped up on what ReE was supposed to be but it turns out to be disappointing. I'm just bitter about being banned from there.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
What made you put that in your info though?

I didn't put that I was epileptic in the profile, just clicked the the shit that asked if you're male etc. I really didn't think about it at the time, as I didn't think my basic profile information would be used against me. I have since then modified it so that it doesn't show.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't put that I was epileptic in the profile, just clicked the the shit that asked if you're male etc. I really didn't think about it at the time, as I didn't think my basic profile information would be used against me. I have since then modified it so that it doesn't show.
You can be a male here though!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
astroturfing

how is Qanon still a thing and why are there Q theorists that have fans..?

that fact alone makes me think maybe we deserve a global pandemic... sorry i know thats not very funny, but i... i just.... can't.
maybe we deserve the death of hundreds of millions of people because some 4chan trollls have convinced the media to print this dumb shit? how does this work? lol.

but yeah, Qanon, so bad, unlike us "good guys", who are casually suggesting hundreds of millions of people deserve to die...

Last edited:
Back to the topic at hand...

I'll start with the link:

ThaNotoriousSOD said:
I am just going to speak honestly here for a minute. I hope this doesn’t get me in trouble...

3306d5272772e9ea.jpg

[User Banned (2 Months): Inflammatory Point of Comparison Surrounding Sexual Assault]

ThaNotoriousSOD said:
I am just going to speak honestly here for a minute. I hope this doesn’t get me in trouble, I’m just being completely transparent because I feel a lot of internal confusion.

I am a public defender for a living. One of the guiding moral principles I live by, is that nobody is defined by the worst thing they ever did. The other thing is, I absolutely believe that people of color, especially black men, are falsely accused on a regular basis. Dating back to Emmet Till, there is a significant historical context in this country that involves black men being accused of sexually assaulting white women.

Let me be clear, I’m not at all comparing Kobe Bryant to Emit Till. I don’t want anybody to even try that bullshit, that’s not what I’m saying. Till was a victim of a heinous hate crime, nothing close or even in the realm of Kobe. I’m just saying, it’s with that history and context that I look at cases like this, and I have to find a way to balance “believe women” with “hundreds of years of systemic racism”. I don’t know where the balance is for that. But what I do know, is 17 years ago, the criminal charges against Kobe were dismissed and he and the woman reached a civil settlement.

My question, is.... if this woman received her own sense of restorative justice, would we even know? Does it even matter? Do we look at context? Do we take every allegation of abuse and believe the victim no matter the context, no matter what happens after, no matter what happens before? If we ask questions are we automatically empowering a rapist while tearing down his victim? By creating such a narrow view of these issues, are we failing to consider these important historical issues that undoubtedly persist in their impact on society today?

I really just feel like there’s a lot of conversation around these issues that we need to have to truly empower all women, not just a certain segment. We’re at a point now where if somebody is accused of rape, in the eyes of many, they’re immediately a rapist. Again, NOT saying Kobe is not a rapist, I honestly don’t know that much about his case. But is there any doubt that such a mindset will disparately affect black men more than anybody else?

I don’t know the answers to these questions I really don’t. But what I do know is, feminism shouldn’t only be centered around the trauma of some women. I Know that men of color will be affected/accused by allegations like these more than anybody else. It’s just the reality of years of institutional and systemic racism in this country. And we got a sad history of not considering the grieving black/brown mother, daughter and instead only centering feminism on the feelings of white women. Is that happening here At the expense of Vanessa and her daughters? Idk.

Anyways, those are just some questions I myself struggle with and I hope sharing them helps all of us grow out of these situations. Because that’s all I want to do myself. I want people to educate me on these issues and help me understand how to answer these difficult questions but sometimes I feel like it’s pointless because all I get are two extremes and no nuance.

RIP ThaNotoriousSOD, he just wanted to help.

ThaNotoriousSOD said:
Anyways, those are just some questions I myself struggle with and I hope sharing them helps all of us grow out of these situations. Because that’s all I want to do myself. I want people to educate me on these issues and help me understand how to answer these difficult questions but sometimes I feel like it’s pointless because all I get are two extremes and no nuance.

[User Banned (2 Months): Inflammatory Point of Comparison Surrounding Sexual Assault]

By jove! That Kobe thread is a goldmine. They hate ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYONE over there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom