• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Saved it before they deleted it.

xyEmkY1.png

ZKgYYIc.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Resetera State of the Nation Post

Hey people:
This is you hands-off leader Cerium. I'd like to say Resetera is a haven for people to express themselves. Racism, oppression and discrimination is not tolerated.

Anyone who doesn't follow the rules gets this:

43591380_thumbnail.jpg

Hey mods: That bullshit post I just wrote doesn't apply to any of you, so don't worry. Go nuts on bans and say whatever stupid shit you want. As long as the site gets traffic and we rake in click revenue, we're good. If we hit our monthly goal of $10,000 in adsense revenue, I'll send each of you a McDonalds gift card for $5. If we get $20,000? Tell you what? I'll even double it to $10.

If any posters call you out on anything (B-dubs you better go over your past history), make sure to message the rest of us so we can back you up. In the meantime, just play it low key and we'll do this for ya:

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-small.gif

10 seconds later to mods........... Oh shit. I accidentally posted both messages! I'm on my phone doing this, so can one of you with admin access delete this stickied thread ASAP!?!?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I don't know about anyone else but I'm hoping this lasts until at least Monday so I can send in my complaint regarding GDPR. I hope no sensitive information of anyone is leaked though. I'm enjoying B-Dubs puffing his chest out saying everything is fine and now getting hammered. Now if he could take some of his henchmen down with the ship.

I hope the black users and trans users rise up against dub for saying "nigga" and "shemale" they'd do that if it was a celeb, youtuber or game dev no matter HOW long ago it was.
Remember they went off because that game translator left in some text that had "tranny" in it? The guy stopped translating games after that and I believe his sorry wasn't enough for Era.
Remember all the times they hated people for the old and new, even IF they apologized? Remember they blamed pewdiepie for that mass shooting and banned every single person's content if they smelled someone who was "cancelled" by Era?

Yeah, B-dubs need to answer for this just like everyone else is forced to answer or be treated like a subhuman by the users on that site. If they forgive Dubs they are hypocrites if they ignore it they are hypocrites. If the owners pretend it didn't happen they deserve the same treatment that their site gives to others. No apology is enough for Ree.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

B-Dubs

Hello everyone, I wanted to get out and address this head on since certain hate groups have been trying to weaponize posts I made years ago back on another site.

I do feel I need to explain that many of the screens I've seen have been taken out of context or framed in a way to make my intent seem malicious. Many of these were quotes of or live reactions to television shows like the Boondocks, made in threads discussing those shows. Another was a response to an anonymous confession. That doesn't make my posts okay at all though.

In my ignorance at the time, I parroted inappropriate language in my responses and said things I should never have said, and that was not acceptable. I want to make that clear. I'm not proud of the posts, and I wouldn't make those same mistakes today. A big reason for that is that being part of this community has taught me better, and I learn more all the time.

For the mistakes I've made, I apologize. Please understand that none of it ever came from a place of malice. I always have and always will try my best to do right by the people of this community. And that includes being straight with you about this now.

Last edited:

Psykotik

and, of course, they're hand waving it all away.

B-Dubs

Hello everyone, I wanted to get out and address this head on since certain hate groups have been trying to weaponize posts I made years ago back on another site.

I do feel I need to explain that many of the screens I've seen have been taken out of context or framed in a way to make my intent seem malicious. Many of these were quotes of or live reactions to television shows like the Boondocks, made in threads discussing those shows. Another was a response to an anonymous confession. That doesn't make my posts okay at all though.

In my ignorance at the time, I parroted inappropriate language in my responses and said things I should never have said, and that was not acceptable. I want to make that clear. I'm not proud of the posts, and I wouldn't make those same mistakes today. A big reason for that is that being part of this community has taught me better, and I learn more all the time.

For the mistakes I've made, I apologize. Please understand that none of it ever came from a place of malice. I always have and always will try my best to do right by the people of this community. And that includes being straight with you about this now.

ManaByte

Gold Member

B-Dubs

giphy.gif

B-Dubs

The thread is already delivering on the double standards they all aspire to

pretty sure we gonna get Hobbes and excel in there tounging his asshole...even taysan showed up for a reach around

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's disgusting how the posters in that thread are handwaiving his slurs just cause he's a mod.
That's called Brown Nosing 101.

Suck up to mod in exchange for getting a gimme next time they do something stupid on the forum.

Ass licker: "Hey B-Dubs, I support ya bro"

B-Dubs: "Thanks man. I deserve a second chance"

Ass licker: "For sure. Everyone does"

Ass Licker: "Black people are dumb"

Random moderator: "Ass Licker is perma banned for distasteful post"

B-Dubs: "I re-read the post and I believe Ass Licker meant to say Black people are Da Bomb. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Ban overturned"

Ass Licker: "Thanks B-Dubs..... wink wink :)"

Bigrx1

Banned
Holy shit reading those replies is something else. "ehhhh he's changed! ehhhh people make mistakes! ehhhhh it's taken out of context!".

Because that's what they say for anyone else who dares talk/think out of line or people they hunt online in their little cancel mobs.

I don't have an issue with Era's reaction and willingness to let bygones be bygones but the million dollar question is would they let an "alt-righter" like Joe Rogan get away with making similar edgy jokes? Methinks not.

nush

Hb79Zlr.png

Just remember pedo apologist September 2017. "Years ago, he's become a better person"

Remember reetards, this is who you are defending. You don't have to, you can have a new paid general manager with a clean record. But your all hypocrites that would cancel anyone else for less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom