• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eot

Banned
Wait.... would that work?
No, of course not. It's troll physics.

troll-physics_o_3064779.jpg

Ymir

The scared lynchpin who has been risking his life by even showing up to work and refusing to help customers lives in rural virginia... The epicenter of the crisis...
1potPsy.png

Also it seems the last line of defense is currently crumbling, start buying guns to protect against the imminent armageddon!
r9p9UfD.png

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Tell that to Toyota, Ford and Holden manufacturing in Australia; none of which exist today. During the recession Toyota employees were faced with lowered wages or laying off non-critical staff or face the possibility of the whole operation going under. The Unions moved in and said nope you arent laying anyone off and there will be no renegotiation of wages. Less than 6months later no one had a job after they closed down.

Same thing happen with Ford and later Holden, Holden of which doesnt even exist now.

I do find it an absolute piss take that CEOs and board members always manage to come away with large pay packets and they should be the first place companies look for capital to cover wages and down turns but that just doesnt happen; instead the workers take the hit.

But if lay offs are required to keep the operations functioning then a few lay offs short term are better than a non-viable business model that closes its doors entirely.

In this crisis, companies should be compelled to take on some debt, especially those who squandered profits on stock buybacks to boost share prices, to keep employees paid.

Q

Quezacotl

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone on Era reliable enough to delete my account fully if I reach out to them?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone on Era reliable enough to delete my account fully if I reach out to them?

I had to send a few emails to reseterastaff@gmail.com over the course of a couple of days to make it happen. They never responded over email, but eventually the account was deleted.

That was before the recent shuffle in management and moderation, though.

Q

Quezacotl

Unconfirmed Member
I had to send a few emails to reseterastaff@gmail.com over the course of a couple of days to make it happen. They never responded over email, but eventually the account was deleted.

That was before the recent shuffle in management and moderation, though.

I emailed them a few times over the last month about it. Didn’t know they were going threw a shuffle in management. Thanks for the info.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Always a good sign when people sign up and head straight for the Reeeeeeee thread

At least check his post history first. That's not an accurate description if you're talking about @Quezacotl .

edit: nevermind, was probably the other "Neo Member" on this page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Quezacotl

Unconfirmed Member
Always a good sign when people sign up and head straight for the Reeeeeeee thread
No, you're right, he decided to pick a fight in butt thread first.

What are you talking about? I don’t care about the gist of this thread. I’ve been around since January. I mainly lurk from time to time. Not everyone has the time to spend on a forum and if it wasn’t for this pandemic shit I wouldn’t be on right now. And seriously I’m not into you. This is the second time you come into a thread and mention me.

Papa

Banned
What are you talking about? I don’t care about the gist of this thread. I’ve been around since January. I mainly lurk from time to time. Not everyone has the time to spend on a forum and if it wasn’t for this pandemic shit I wouldn’t be on right now. And seriously I’m not into you. This is the second time you come into a thread and mention me.

Replying to your narcissistic dumb cuntery that you started in the butt thread does not count as "coming into a thread and mentioning you".

Mohonky

In this crisis, companies should be compelled to take on some debt, especially those who squandered profits on stock buybacks to boost share prices, to keep employees paid.
I dont disagree at all, but they wont.

Thats why CEOs of these companies get millions even if they run the company into the ground.

Thats where government need to step in and start making higher ups more accountable. I can only think of Iwata at Nintendo being a higher up that actually took a pay cut of his own doing after the Wii U slump, but generally, when the boards start seeing a downturn in revenue the workers are the ones to cop the hit.

But as is happening right now, particularly employees of small businesses are unfortunately getting laid off in a big way and smaller / individual businesses arent in a good way

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
FQTqnXI.jpg

7vUKnXT.jpg

A legitimate reporter ladies and gentlemen wrote this. Imagine being this childish. Author of the previous offending thread banned, can't check why though? Will edit if known

Man that's some thin skin for a reporter.

JordanN

Banned
Rnf6jFi.png

SJW's are fucking hilarious.

Now they're treating this virus as "comeuppance" for the West yet these idiots don't realize it's only because of the West why they have any semblence of freedom right now.

But because Europe did mean thing 400 years ago, they now deserve to disappear? Maybe someone can educate ginger ninja about the other horrors going on in the world that wasn't European? Like how about the Arab Slave Trade?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Rnf6jFi.png

Now they're treating this virus as "comeuppance" for the West yet these idiots don't realize it's only because of the West why they have any semblence of freedom right now.

But because Europe did mean thing 400 years ago, they now deserve to disappear? Maybe someone can educate ginger ninja about the other horrors going on in the world that wasn't European? Like how about the Arab Slave Trade?

You do realise that all bad actions carried out by non white English speaking countries (including Japan for some bizarre reason) never happened. It's patently false. The white man did all that.

Yes, because all nations in Europe deserve this virus for example Ireland has always been a colonial superpower in dire need of comeuppance. It never suffered before through famine, oppression or anything bad before. 🙄

Fucking stupidity by Ginger Ninja, I'm sure whose name is not culture appropriated at all. I wonder what part of Japan that tool is from. I imagine both his parents were in the nuclear fallout of Hiroshima, it would explain their current disabilities.

Ionian

You do realise that all bad actions carried out by non white English speaking countries (including Japan for some bizarre reason) never happened. It's patently false. The white man did all that.

Yes, because all nations in Europe deserve this virus for example Ireland has always been a colonial superpower in dire need of comeuppance. It never suffered before through famine, oppression or anything bad before. 🙄

Fucking stupidity by Ginger Ninja, I'm sure whose name is not culture appropriated at all. I wonder what part of Japan that tool is from. I imagine both his parents were in the nuclear fallout of Hiroshima, it would explain their current disabilities.

They say "400 years!", well I say "what about 500 years of slavery bitch?"

Or the fact that slavery caused the death of millions, the famine and basically government-approved genocide.

MrA

Rnf6jFi.png

FREE TIBET...from western imperialism for some reason

Crying into a VR helmet. Grow up to fuck lad. I can't imagine how "journalists" are embarrassing themselves without any self-awareness. It's social distancing. His mother and his son can see each other from a distance, just not close contact. Did Klepek go full retard?
I wonder if there's a technology he could use to capture the live sound and visual footage of his son and transmit it to his mother at a distance... :pie_thinking:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I wonder if there's a technology he could use to capture the live sound and visual footage of his son and transmit it to his mother at a distance... :pie_thinking:
Like the video phone that Science Fiction television show Star Wars: The Extra Terrestrial had back in the day. Pity there is no way you could facetime chat in real life.

1. (Recreate the wheel)Create Facetime/Skype
2. ?????
3. Profit

Sandyman

Neo Member
Ima put in my two cents: there is or was an ongoing joke at RE about favorite cereal, and many threads were made something about “cereal war” or something. Like I get one thread, but to need several different forum threads about cereal brands is just bland and passes off as poor banter.

Anyone here ever look at the ResetEra banbot on Twitter? Keeps track of every single ban or warning along with the link to the post.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
8KSMydc.jpg

Oh my god... I really used to like Patrick back on Giant Bomb, but that is just a shameful block of text.

Oh well, at least the dude realizes his profession is a bunch of bullshit. He really should just follow his calling and get a job at Vice proper covering the latest outrage on Twitter. He takes everything way too seriously these days to be covering fucking video games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sandyman

Neo Member
8KSMydc.jpg

This dude gets paid to play and talk about vidya. This is a grown man.
1. The fuck is this “man” crying into a headset for? There is only one reason I can accept this, and thats if he was a WW1 vet and he was pranked into getting VR ww1 footage.
2. VR is NOT in a state to where you think you’re actually teleported away from your home without mom’s tendies.
3. He’s a grown man and he gets paid to vidya and he can’t even vidya without breaking down in messy tears.

the fact that no one is RE is really roasting him for this says so much.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
For the record, he said that was just a joke and I'm inclined to believe him. He used to be a dumb edgelord that joked about rape and shit.
Well doesn't Greg Miller claim to 'do better' when he once told people to google Camilla Luddington nude in an interview with Camilla Luddington? Made racist and sexiest jokes over the past 5 years but balked at Colin Moriarty making a pathetic dad joke about women. like that was the worse than the shit he spouted

Game journalists are getting more pathetic by the day. It's shocking that we praise the most basic of journalism.

Anyone with the link regarding the offending boobs and Klepek? I'd like to judge the clip myself before 100% condemning that wanker.

Edit: Reddit copy of article

"Limited time as a daddy" imagine if Siskel & Ebert or Mark Kermode gave a movie a review and mentioned their limited time as a daddy. 100% wanker, no doubt.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Patrick was a moron at 1Up and Giantbomb, and continues to be a shining example of why "games journalism", as it were, is a complete joke of a profession.
Sites hacked = gamers blame the messenger.
Articles claiming crunch featuring unnamed sources = best eva reporting

Gamers deserve the shit reporting they currently have.

I'd rather the reviewers admit they are shills for cash than not. I'd respect that honesty. Some (a minority) will review a game and not change it under pressure from 3rd parties or employers, a diamond in the rough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom