• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If you discuss Biden’s health at all you are helping nazis
Rael
8 minutes ago
LegendofJoe said:
Biden is likely going to be the nominee. If we actually are on the same side you'd be looking for the positives that Biden brings rather than exclusively focusing on the negatives. Again what exactly are you accomplishing by discussing Biden's age/vigor? It sure as hell isn't doing anything to help get Republicans out of power.

It only makes sense to discuss these things if you still believe someone else can be nominated. Otherwise you are hurting the cause. That is not gaslighting, it's the fucking truth.
Click to shrink...
Only post good things about this candidate who is a horrible person or you're actually just helping the nazis
Only say good things! You are saying bad things! Our magic words on the internet drive the election and you said bad words what are you trying to pull with your magical bad words??? Hmmm?????
LegendofJoe
7 minutes ago
Monsoon said:
No, it doesn't matter if he has competition for the nomination or not anymore. Telling someone airing out their grievances, that thisis what dems are sending to fight Trump, that they should shut up or trying to paint them as morally in the wrong and an enemy, is extreme gaslighting.
Okay, you think Biden isn't mentally up for the job of being president. And you're concerned that he will lose because of this. Once again what positive outcome will exclusively pointing out your concerns about Biden while not saying anything good about him bring about? The only thing I can think of is someone else becoming the nominee or president. But maybe there is something else?
I noticed you did not say enough positive things about our dear leader. Perhaps you are a turncoat in disguise?

Guards! Guards! Search him!!!

Last edited:

ShadowOwl

this thread is a gem
tenor.gif

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
"The way I see it one side is a Nazi death cult"

UyDT4D7.png

Calls Trump supporters a nazi death cult, then advocates for Sanders. reee.com? Yup, checks out.

I wonder what the average age of ree is. A lot of the posts from that thread come off as babby's first election cycle but somehow they're all brilliant political strategists who understand the needs/wants/desires of the voting body politic.

When Biden wins ERA will be so torn over its hatred of him and its hatred of Trump. Maybe the snake can eat its own tail.

this thread is a gem

Can't believe they banned a some many for saying that body builders use spray tan to make their muscles pop more. I fail to see how that's excusing blackface.

Last edited:

crumbs

If you discuss Biden’s health at all you are helping nazis

Only say good things! You are saying bad things! Our magic words on the internet drive the election and you said bad words what are you trying to pull with your magical bad words??? Hmmm?????

I noticed you did not say enough positive things about our dear leader. Perhaps you are a turncoat in disguise?

Guards! Guards! Search him!!!

These guys will be working overtime on the Biden damage control over the next few months. I watched most of his media tour yesterday and it was disturbing, the guy is clearly struggling. You'd need to have your head very deep in the sand to not notice.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
:ROFLMAO:

KyXWUpP.png

People just wanna get a haircut again.

Ionian

this thread is a gem

A most very spicy thread. Hating Europeans (there is racism here ya muppets, just not as prevalent compared to the US judging by what people post) seems to be all the rage.

Europeans don't get outraged over silly comics full-stop.

s0Yqlrk.jpg

6uCeY3x.jpg

Last edited:

Ymir

this thread is a gem
Gotta love when you don't follow the narrative then it's an immediate 1 month+ ban. If you don't 100% believe it's blackface and the creator should be lynched over it then you're just a racist.

Helios

A most very spicy thread. Hating Europeans (there is racism here ya muppets, just not as prevalent compared to the US judging by what people post) seems to be all the rage.

Europeans don't get outraged over silly comics full-stop.

s0Yqlrk.jpg

6uCeY3x.jpg
Hold on, what is their problem with Terraformars?

EDIT: I just looked it up, apparently because the monsters are brown, muscular and use clubs that means that the creator is racist? What the fuck is this line of thinking? And how fucking racist do you have to be to look at those monsters and think of black people and than have the balls to blame it on the creator.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Biden nom will make them bend over so much they will collectively break their backs. Already they are excusing him publicly groping little girls this is only the beginning

Biden nom will make them bend over so much they will collectively break their backs. Already they are excusing him publicly groping little girls this is only the beginning
The various investigations into FISA, into Ukrainegate, etc are like a nuclear submarine on silent running right now.

iXiurAE.gif

Gleefully waiting for the day it surfaces and media acts like Trump is a fascist manipulating our justice system to take down political opponents and steal the 2020 election.

Question if one Black person thinks something isn’t racist can they be banned for that? Like can Nep bam a black poster for not thinking something is racist when she does?

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

"we're locking this due to the volume of reports, going to go through them and reopen shortly"

It's amazing how much this happens. They're all like hall monitor wannabes trying to send other kids to the principles office for any offense whatsoever.
9 bans in 5 pages. Another ban graveyard thread. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MrA

9 bans in 5 pages. Another ban graveyard thread. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Some gold over if Trump wins, hundreds of thousands will die... for some reason, abortion will be illegal... which involves killing about a million people a year, oh that's right, not people, mass murdered 101, always say your victims aren't human, makes the killings easier. Also kind of funny when the death rate in the US actually increased after Obamacare was passed reversing a 40 downward trend in US deathrate

Incoming ban... 3... 2.... 1...

Kace said:
Personally I believe that if the athlete has gone through puberty as a male before they transitioned to female that they should not be allowed to compete with biological women its inherently unfair because they now have the skeletal and muscular structure of a man.

Where is Excelspreadsheet? Not on since MONDAY?! Surely they're safe from COVID-19 since they're not a man.

Last edited:

Ymir

Where is Excelspreadsheet? Not on since MONDAY?! Surely they're safe from COVID-19 since they're not a man.
You think the lynchpin of this post-apocalyptic world has time for petty arguments on the internet?

Edit: What's always sad about the venom of MtF trans people in sports is the only one it screws over yet again is biological women. Always interesting how quick they are to throw biological women under the bus for their own selfish gain.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Excelspreadsheet is risking her life on a sparsely filled bus with no Wi-Fi going to work. #notallheroeswearcapes

Banned (1 month): Transphobia

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Transphobia is pointing out that men develop differently than women. Yet of course it is totally trans positive to want to take drugs in order to achieve this “nonexistent” difference, which you shouldn’t point out exists, because that is transphobic, unless you are personally trans

What an incoherent ideology.

Ionian

You listen here young man, Excel has been on the "front lines" of this apocalypse, providing a service to Canada by stocking shelves at night!

They demanded 'hazard pay', and they deserve it!

(Mentioned they did receive it, then slinked back into their shadowed corner like the muppet they are)

Fuck all they can argue about now but they did try to take a punt at the UK and were largely ignored.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
THIS IS WHY YOU VOTE

lol more like this is why over half voting public dont vote. cos they don’t care about this meaningless bullshit that affects like 6 people a year in the entire country.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You listen here young man, Excel has been on the "front lines" of this apocalypse, providing a service to Canada by stocking shelves at night!

They demanded 'hazard pay', and they deserve it!

(Mentioned they did receive it, then slinked back into their shadowed corner like the muppet they are)

Fuck all they can argue about now but they did try to take a punt at the UK and were largely ignored.

dkvMQYw.gif

zHzfeT3.gif

Grinchy

Banned
Transphobia is pointing out that men develop differently than women. Yet of course it is totally trans positive to want to take drugs in order to achieve this “nonexistent” difference, which you shouldn’t point out exists, because that is transphobic, unless you are personally trans

What an incoherent ideology.

It's similar to the reason that you don't really hear anyone saying "gender is a social construct" anymore.

If gender is something that doesn't actually exist, then how can one be transgender? Aren't they just exactly who they are and the world labeled their behaviors as feminine or masculine? Why would pills and surgery be needed if that were the case? So, gender is a social construct unless we're discussing transgenderism and then gender is real again.

PXH20wK.png

"Abhorrent view that transwomen are'nt really women" they aren't. They are transwomen, there's a difference and nothing WILL change that difference.There's very few people who are brainwashed enough to think that we are the same. You cannot become a woman or man. If you want to be called she/him and all that cool, but there's a difference. Ignoring that difference does the movement a disservice.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Believe women unless doing so threatens your tribe’s power struggle then pull out some kind of noncommittal bullshit
Autodidact
4 minutes ago

I think the proper response is, "Her claim should be investigated, and I'll refrain from commenting until that time."
Lol yes the “proper response” is NOT believing her. It may hurt your DNC daddy. Skepticism folks.

Last edited:
“We have a trans community here.”

Well, if that’s the case then they should be willing to discuss and educate rather than just throw 1-month bans around.
They don't want to do that. All they do is say, "you are wrong! You are transphobic!!" And then they post a article backing them up, if you dare to post a article saying the opposite they'll try to get you to shut the fuck up. Say that article is fake news or go, "What are you really trying to say?"
it's a tough situation for sure but they don't want to discuss it for long unless you are on the right side.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Neo Member
I’m new here and I haven’t seen the website before this week. But I’m looking at the ban reasons; I really hope you guys don’t have as much... specific terminology. A different colloquialism for each and every type of perceived micro-aggression, diversified to cater to specific words used. I think a much more succinct “for being a silly” is far better than “drive-by micro-shill accusations with a history prior pseudo-infractions and hand-waving.”

I’m new here and I haven’t seen the website before this week. But I’m looking at the ban reasons; I really hope you guys don’t have as much... specific terminology. A different colloquialism for each and every type of perceived micro-aggression, diversified to cater to specific words used. I think a much more succinct “for being a silly” is far better than “drive-by micro-shill accusations with a history prior pseudo-infractions and hand-waving.”

Welcome!

You can see all the bans here (and the reasons) right... here -> https://www.neogaf.com/bans/

giphy.gif

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

I think you'll find that while bans and warnings do happen, you have a lot more freedom to express an opinion on this site. Ree's issue is that they have a ton of mods who can ban you for whatever the hell they want. If they can't think of a good reason outside of "I don't like what they posted" you might see a lot of "ignoring staff post" which is their catch all for an unwarranted ban.

Sandyman

Neo Member
Welcome!

You can see all the bans here (and the reasons) right... here -> https://www.neogaf.com/bans/

giphy.gif
Yeah the bans are mostly paired with banter. It isn’t simpering or appeasing to the readers. I prefer that.

as contrast, here is a picture of RE’s bans. Notice how their ban reasons lack any kind of personalization, they just lost off the specific terminology of whatever micro-aggression took place.
Edit: lol I’m on phone and pictures won’t upload.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
If the transitions are legit, are there so many example of a FtM trans athlete coming in and beasting all the men so easily? Breaking records etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom