• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague Doctor

Gold Member
mWhlmFy.png

"Uncle Tom"

very nice use of Jim Crow era language.

yes the "warm blanket" of knowing that deep down this black man is being used and has no influence among your preferred elites.

much progressivism.

It's disgusting when they drop the pretense when black voices doesn't side with their side and narrative. It should be an eye opener.

They were never really on your side. They just needed the optics.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can you ELI5 me on what those clapping hands means? It's annoying, that I don't know or forgot it...

Oh, they're just there to annoy.

I always interpreted as a sign of emphasizing every word to drive the point home (basically talking down to your audience as if you're some know-it-all and they are dumb dumbs).

Last edited by a moderator:

ILLtown

Gotta love a bunch of white man children upset with a black man for saying words they don't like. Classic era
Leftists really can't stand it when a member of a minority group has an opinion that goes against their religious cult. There's a certain irony in so-called "progressives" thinking that all black people have to think the same way and the ones that don't secretly hate themselves and/or suffer from internalised racism. They need to believe that or their little house of cards collapses. It can't be because political views other than their own have any validity - it must be because the person secretly hates their own race.

600Breezy

Leftists really can't stand it when a member of a minority group has an opinion that goes against their religious cult. There's a certain irony in so-called "progressives" thinking that all black people have to think the same way and the ones that don't secretly hate themselves and/or suffer from internalised racism. They need to believe that or their little house of cards collapses. It can't be because political views other than their own have any validity - it must be because the person secretly hates their own race.

its really funny how clueless these people are. They preach not to talk over minority voices, then as soon as a minority says something they donโ€™t agree with...shut them up by accusing them of being an Uncle Tom lmao.

Accusations of rape ARE EVIDENCE...BELIEVE WAMEN....oh but if heโ€™s on the blue side then then we can excuse it just this one time because the rapist isnโ€™t a nazi.

just goes to show they donโ€™t even believe in their positions. We should fear the day these people get an ounce of power. Too bad theyโ€™re all unemployed, have anxiety and never leave their parents home to achieve that ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

RevengeOfToonces

Neo Member
In the last couple days, there's been quite a few articles/reports about how the virus is disproportionately dangerous for minorities, so the surgeon general gets on national television to address the realities of this specific problem since it's in the news and naturally spends the next six hours getting himself absolutely torn apart on sites like reeeeee and twitter for it in the most verbally despicable ways imaginable. I get not liking Trump, but Jesus Christ, I'm 38 years old and have never in my life seen this level of blinding hatred before. This is beyond the hatred from the left for Bush or the hatred from the right for Obama. These people have spent the last 4 years cultivating this fantasy scenario where Donald Trump is the lord of all evil and everyone in his administration as well as his supporters are like caricatures of fictional villains and it's taken its toll on their mental health. They've whipped themselves up into complete derangement.

ManaByte

Gold Member
In the last couple days, there's been quite a few articles/reports about how the virus is disproportionately dangerous for minorities, so the surgeon general gets on national television to address the realities of this specific problem since it's in the news and naturally spends the next six hours getting himself absolutely torn apart on sites like reeeeee and twitter for it in the most verbally despicable ways imaginable. I get not liking Trump, but Jesus Christ, I'm 38 years old and have never in my life seen this level of blinding hatred before. This is beyond the hatred from the left for Bush or the hatred from the right for Obama. These people have spent the last 4 years cultivating this fantasy scenario where Donald Trump is the lord of all evil and everyone in his administration as well as his supporters are like caricatures of fictional villains and it's taken its toll on their mental health. They've whipped themselves up into complete derangement.

That's why it's called Trump Derangement Syndrome.

ILLtown

Yeah, it's the same with Boris Johnson and many leftists not only celebrating him getting the coronavirus, but in some cases, hoping that he'll die from it. A position that the mods on ResetEra have explicitly said is OK to voice.

They don't seem to understand that they're doing more harm than good to their own side. The more radicalised and hate-filled they become, the more people will say "I don't want anything to do with these people".

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's supposed to be how fed up black women talk (with handclaps on the syllables), this way is how white progressives have appropriated it incorrectly to use online to illustrate how they're down with the struggle.
They do that? Back in, I don't know after middle school, so in 2007 I was 8 months in states and back then I find same age black women to be more normal then those white ones. Well, at least those 2 I "experienced" back then.

Ron Mexico

just goes to show they donโ€™t even believe in their positions. We should fear the day these people get an ounce of power. Too bad theyโ€™re all unemployed, have anxiety and never leave their parents home to achieve that ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

The only thing I disagree with here is that theyโ€™d somehow maintain their far-leftist positions if they even had an ounce of power.

Theyโ€™re (with โ€œtheyโ€ meaning the vocal fringes) the epitome of whatโ€™s in it for me. The moment they would get any semblance of an opportunity, theyโ€™d be damn sure to shut the door behind them.

Thereโ€™s absolutely nothing altruistic in their aims. Anyone else that benefits is just a coincidence as they pursue the means to their end. Itโ€™s how they can be so ideologically inconsistent.

Itโ€™s not something exclusive to the far-left but this is the Era thread after all.

600Breezy

The only thing I disagree with here is that theyโ€™d somehow maintain their far-leftist positions if they even had an ounce of power.

Theyโ€™re (with โ€œtheyโ€ meaning the vocal fringes) the epitome of whatโ€™s in it for me. The moment they would get any semblance of an opportunity, theyโ€™d be damn sure to shut the door behind them.

Thereโ€™s absolutely nothing altruistic in their aims. Anyone else that benefits is just a coincidence as they pursue the means to their end. Itโ€™s how they can be so ideologically inconsistent.

Itโ€™s not something exclusive to the far-left but this is the Era thread after all.

possibly, but if they somehow get out of their basements and actually get some power, guess who theyโ€™re gonna inflict their deranged โ€œrevengeโ€ on?

Ron Mexico

possibly, but if they somehow get out of their basements and actually get some power, guess who theyโ€™re gonna inflict their deranged โ€œrevengeโ€ on?

In all seriousness? Anyone who would threaten the โ€œwhatโ€™s in it for meโ€. Eventually there would be someone further to the left that would also become a threat. But point taken. The near term I donโ€™t disagree at allโ€” just looking at different parts of the timeline is all.

Basically itโ€™s a parallel to their endless criticism of โ€œfuck you, got mineโ€. Itโ€™s โ€œfuck you, want mine and once I get it, fuck you got mineโ€ The rest is theater that they convince themselves in order to feel righteous.

600Breezy

In all seriousness? Anyone who would threaten the โ€œwhatโ€™s in it for meโ€. Eventually there would be someone further to the left that would also become a threat. But point taken. The near term I donโ€™t disagree at allโ€” just looking at different parts of the timeline is all.

Basically itโ€™s a parallel to their endless criticism of โ€œfuck you, got mineโ€. Itโ€™s โ€œfuck you, want mine and once I get it, fuck you got mineโ€ The rest is theater that they convince themselves in order to feel righteous.

I hear ya, and wouldnโ€™t be surprised in the slightest if thatโ€™s what happens.

but Iโ€™m happy to see that none of us buy that false righteousness - Imagine the mental gymnastics they have to perform to believe their own nonsense day in day out...maybe thatโ€™s why they keep saying โ€œIโ€™m tiredโ€œ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Maiden Voyage

Goldโ„ข Member

This is absolutely correct. There is no guise to it either. Look at the Biden concerns and how they treat people who don't want to vote for him. They have posters outright saying Hitler would be better than Trump. Just look at how they talk about their political opponents. They are salivating to punish or wish harm on those that disagree with them. Of course they will shut the door for anyone that does not benefit. They are just as guilty of what they complain about. the only difference is that they are too insular to have enough support to be in a position of power.

Resetera does far more harm to their 'cause' than good. It exposes their juvenile hypocrisy with each thread. They complain about 'fuck you, got mine'. Look at the stimulus thread and tell me they aren't doing the same shit they complain about.

Maiden Voyage

Goldโ„ข Member
7iltWAu.png

You'd think a night off would cool a person down.

Ionian

You guys don't get suicidal over remakes of ancient games?

Maybe YOU are the weirdos bros!

Not remakes but sequels.

I was out in a park and laid out the fact to the resident Donkey that 'Syndicate Wars' was far inferior to the original title 'Syndicate'. Bloody Donkey laughed at me so I punched it square in the nose. The thick skull resulted in me breaking my hand and it didn't even flinch. So I tried to kick it, slipped on the grass and fractured my already brittle skull.

4 months in hospital devising the ultimate revenge and when I finally got out, that cheeky motherfucker had trotted away from the scene of the crime. What a pussy, talk shit, get hit! Or at least wait around for a while, FFS.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Maher should get a free pass cos he always reminds people how much he donates to democrats. I mean the ironic thing is all the establishment libs they worship think exactly like him.

When Hillaryโ€™s book came out that she was using black prison labor he joked about the house slaves because he and Hillary are the same rich lib asshole through and through. These are literally the very people Era spends so much time cheerleading.

dude What is up with these speech police lol their entire lives are about telling people what to say

pathetic

Last edited:

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Nothing Pizza Hut can't fix. No one fixes forced attention whoring like the Hut.

Do how did the remake ruin the story? I also don't understand how you can ruin a story that is nonsense to begin with.

Adds timeline/multiverse stuff. It's fine but if you were one of those types where FF7 was babbys first JRPG and you've spent your life rubbing one out to Tifa you might dislike it. Personally I am surprised people wanted a pretty version of the same game they've been playing for 25 years. I'm glad they made the changes they did.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Do how did the remake ruin the story? I also don't understand how you can ruin a story that is nonsense to begin with.

Take this spoiler seriously if you havenโ€™t played this remake. They donโ€™t come bigger.

The remake is meta. Iโ€™m unsure of how exactly it occurs; likely meddling from a future Sephiroth whoโ€™s lived through the events of FF7 and Advent Children, but, new, utterly unexpected events happen, old ones go off the rails, and through it all, thereโ€™s creatures that are the personification of fate itself, trying to get things back on track.

Tesseract

Banned
Take this spoiler seriously if you havenโ€™t played this remake. They donโ€™t come bigger.

The remake is meta. Iโ€™m unsure of how exactly it occurs; likely meddling from a future Sephiroth whoโ€™s lived through the events of FF7 and Advent Children, but, new, utterly unexpected events happen, old ones go off the rails, and through it all, thereโ€™s creatures that are the personification of fate itself, trying to get things back on track.

oh shit, that sounds kinda cool and i hope the rustled jimmies are boundless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom