• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Musky_Cheese at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
That can’t be true. I hired someone to do my grocery shopping for me

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Plus you have this sick tag over here, Yoshichan.
Like someone else said, it was all about activity but I was never active anyway (except for a few bursts here and there). Anyway, thanks everyone. Hope to actually have some sort of discussion here without stepping on constant ban hammers. God, I still can’t believe how genuinely shit that place is.

So Chapelle just dropped a special and since it’s about George Floyd and Era can’t stop tripping over how amazing he is.

Like they just forgot the multiple threads cancelling him for his trans “insensitivity”

Guess black people winning the oppression olympics right now. Hypocrisy be damned.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Sorry to be going back to that fucking Horizon: Forbidden West thread but Christ. Calling the first game a prequel (likely because (a) they didn't play it and (b) because the game had Zero in it). Only thing they got right is their username
EIQRNpt.jpg

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
JCqEuUX.png

lmao i can't fucking even with this post
Hahaha, it still gets them :messenger_grinning_smiling:
The meme that keeps on giving. It’s so telling that years after the shift and trying to bury GAF under a pile of steaming shit and lies, Era is still leaning on GAF-generated memes (Square shot themselves in the foot, $30 Italian meal, “I met celebrity at the grocery store“, green is noises, Antonio Banderas.gif, etc).

I saw Musky_Cheese at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
LMAO:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Soulsdark

From the farms - era is a site industry professionals are scared to criticise. Because they will get their asses canned in an online hate campaign. Basically afraid if being put into the 'them' category in us v them

1591872769465-png.1367490

It's a bit silly for Imran to say that considering that he is performatively woke too.
He's like every worst stereotype of a game journalist.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
They just remembered Spider-Man’s dad is a cop and that he’s friends with cops and works with cops :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Good lord

0yhvS1C.jpg

Miles Morales is going to face discrimination in this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

'Hold on a second Spider-Man, even though you are clearly wearing a mask I know you're black because reasons... and that's the only reason why I hate you'
J Jonah Jameson is a racist confirmed. Racist JJJ only through the power of SSD.

Yeah the bad guys are shooting at Miles because he's black, nothing to do with him trying to stop crime.

Edit to include:
Dismissing fiction is privilege
Ip5sY3y.jpg

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

My guess is it's not made by From Software. Just like people hate Arkham Origins because it's not made by Rocksteady (even though it's the best Arkham game IMO).

drganon

0yhvS1C.jpg

Miles Morales is going to face discrimination in this. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

'Hold on a second Spider-Man, even though you are clearing wearing a mask I know you're black because reasons... and that's the only reason why I hate you'
J Jonah Jameson is a racist confirmed. Racist JJJ only through the power of SSD.

Yeah the bad guys are shooting at Miles because he's black, nothing to do with him trying to stop crime.

Edit to include:
Dismissing fiction is privilege
Ip5sY3y.jpg
Dear " Never the lesser",
Have you considered not being a whiny bitch? Might do you some good. Also get over it, it's a fucking game.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
why do they hate it? I’ve never played the game so have no idea what’s different or anything
Only in that chat could people slate SOTC. This fucking world doesn't deserve Ueda's masterpieces.

People would shit on any gift. If Jessica Alba was up for it, they would complain she isn't as hot as she was 15 years ago.

Also Yoshichan Yoshichan ban is now upgraded to 2 weeks like he give a single fuck. Why even bother with the extra week?
R3D39KM.jpg

Scotty W

Banned
Yeah I’m done with that cuck place, I never even understood why I moved from the start? God, I can’t stand those sensitive fucks anymore. Getting myself permanently banned so I can avoid the disaster furthermore.
Welcome to our home friend. I have written a satire that I have been unsuccessfully trying to hawk in this thread. If you post it for me, I would be shocked if it did not earn you a ban. Yes, I am desperate.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Only in that chat could people slate SOTC. This fucking world doesn't deserve Ueda's masterpieces.

People would shit on any gift. If Jessica Alba was up for it, they would complain she isn't as hot as she was 15 years ago.

Also Yoshichan Yoshichan ban is now upgraded to 2 weeks like he give a single fuck. Why even bother with the extra week?
R3D39KM.jpg
I pmed one of the cucks to get me perma but they’re not responding, yet they take the time to further ban it by a week. Don’t they realize that I simply don’t give a shit about that place?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Some idiot thinks it would be “a serious victory” if people in the US knocked down all of Washington’s statues

lol does he realize Washington is on our money? I say “our” money cos this must be a foreigner

Some idiot thinks it would be “a serious victory” if people in the US knocked down all of Washington’s statues

lol does he realize Washington is on our money? I say “our” money cos this must be a foreigner
The Party of Tearing Down Statues.

They can't even be bothered to help their own poor and disenfranchised. They're full-blown cultists out for blood. They'll kill blacks just for an excuse to riot against the exact systems they voted for. It's okay that David Dorn and Chris Green got stomped. It's all for a good cause, comrade.

Listen to your masters who hold the leash. Burn down your own towns because they say so.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

I imagine $1 is too rich for their blood

#Phonepunk#

Banned
“Your Capital is named after him!”

dude we have an entire state named after him and a million other things too lol prepare to have your mind blown

I’m just waiting for the day Hamilton is cancelled. libs been enjoying their black face rapping slave owners guilt free for far too long. that shit has been a long time coming

Last edited:
Where does it end? If you view everything through the myopic lens of "problematic" then you're always going to be erasing historical figures.

Context is everything. I'm not going to start suggesting we praise and uphold values held by figures such as Churchill and the like, but it was different times. Of course with the passage of time we can see the inherent issues present with commonly held views of that time, but it isn't worth tearing everything down in an effort to vilify those who were seen as remarkable human beings.

I just scratch my head sometimes. It cannot be worth this much energy to try and "cancel" the past.

No wonder many Era users are so miserable. It might do them good to get out and meet some new people with different views.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
“Your Capital is named after him!”

dude we have an entire state named after him and a million other things too lol prepare to have your mind blown

I’m just waiting for the day Hamilton is cancelled. libs been enjoying their black face rapping slave owners guilt free for far too long. that shit has been a long time coming
You're giving them too much credit. They think it's named after Denzel.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Where does it end? If you view everything through the myopic lens of "problematic" then you're always going to be erasing historical figures.

When every white historical figure is cancelled because they were a bigot (maybe not all but it's safer to assume they were bigots).

I'm kinda half waiting for "ACAB" to turn into "AWPAB" if these trains of thought continue on their current trajectory.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I pmed one of the cucks to get me perma but they’re not responding, yet they take the time to further ban it by a week. Don’t they realize that I simply don’t give a shit about that place?

Account suicide. Make a thread in gaming with this topic:

"Court records prove Trump is a homophobe"

But then in the post say:

"Oh, did I say Trump in the subject? I meant Cerium"

and drop the archive of the court decision proving he's a homophobe.

Teslerum

When every white historical figure is cancelled because they were a bigot (maybe not all but it's safer to assume they were bigots).

I'm kinda half waiting for "ACAB" to turn into "AWPAB" if these trains of thought continue on their current trajectory.
I can absolutely assure you that everyone born more than half a century ago is a bigot in wrong-think world. Be that person white, black or asian. Every single one.

Of course by wrong-think standards this also applies to the last 50 years, but thanks to a healthy dose of community encouraged narcissism and double-standards we can all pretend we aren't.

eot

Banned

Good lord
j4SUpW4.png

These people's brains have like a handful of presets for how to react to things. Either it's privilege, problematic, "white supremacy", transphobic or nazi

lmimmfn

Just ask them to delete all data relating to your account as per GDPR rules and you're done(apparently they cant delete your posts but the user will show as Deleted or similar),they have to do it within a certain time from receiving the request, that's what i did, best move ever :)

Yoshichan

I dunno I'm banned so I can't look it up any more, I said something to the effect that you were fishing for attention with your quite over-the-top posts about needing therapy over FFVII remake.
Holy fucking shit, I have no idea how the moderation over there became so shit

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Context is everything. I'm not going to start suggesting we praise and uphold values held by figures such as Churchill and the like, but it was different times. Of course with the passage of time we can see the inherent issues present with commonly held views of that time, but it isn't worth tearing everything down in an effort to vilify those who were seen as remarkable human beings.

I just scratch my head sometimes. It cannot be worth this much energy to try and "cancel" the past.

No wonder many Era users are so miserable. It might do them good to get out and meet some new people with different views.
This is true. If you start down this road, they will find an issue with everyone and in 50 years, people today will be considered bad for things that are not considered bad now.

People have no intellectual capacity for context anymore. I hate when people say “times were different is no excuse” sure it is THAT’S NOT AN ARGUMENT. Explain why it isn’t. What’s”good” and “bad” is subjective to the times, culture decides that. There is no definitive rule book. In different times different things were ok.

Notice how no one can ever argue the other side?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Holy fucking shit, I have no idea how the moderation over there became so shit

A subset of users asked for it by demanding moderation crack down on every even slightly perceived microaggression or whatever.

So if you're a mod that disagrees with that approach then you either quit or just stop modding altogether. You're not going to challenge other mods/admins about what is or isn't bigotry because even if 9 out of 10 mods/admins read a post and think it's fine but the one who doesn't will throw a shit fit if you don't agree. After all, you don't want to cape for racism do you???

So the most active mods/admins naturally become the most zealous and the most visible. There's nobody pumping the brakes at all.

edit: At least if ERA is anything like other forums where I've been a mod anyway. If you're a super chill mod who doesn't really get upset about anything it's kinda like "why am I here?".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom