• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudo

They want to ban people for voting the "wrong way" in Ree polls.

Solution: Only have one voting option in polls

VizMP9F.gif

Anonymous polls -> "[...]oversight in software".

nush

That's why I find it funny when they say the site isn't "safe for women". Almost all of the "females" are dudes. They ban almost all of the real women, especially the straight ones. What a fucked up group of mods.

and the ones left that are actually women are the bitter as fuck vinegar tits kind.

Bollocks

At this point I'm no longer wondering if but when ERA will collapse and how.
It's clear that as a discussion forum it completely failed. Will it just trickle out and die a slow death or will there be some scandal that puts the nail in the coffin?

Chuckie

This thread is also a gem.

Apparantly Blaire White and Buck Angel side with JK Rowling. But instead of talking about that exselciorlef goes all out on her nemesis Contrapoints.

People asking what Contrapoints has to do with this are being called cisplaining transphobes. Especially FeistyBoots gets real mad at the admins for not banning all the reported ' transphobes'

(I'm convinced Feisty is a troll. No way can a person be that mad and sensitive)

Daffy Duck

it would be best for everyone if they just came out and said the forum is for transgender gamers only it would save them a whole lot of heartache.

Then give every user the time to get their accounts removed before all the straight users are banned and blocked from accessing the forum.

That sounds like parody, but I’m being deadly serious.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

I got 25 posts in..... and was dying of over exposure to vast amounts of hypocrisy

One gem was basically "yeah guys only use female because they know its offensive to call women girls!" The oblivious ignorance is sensational!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Also kind of funny considering that that topic is on a forum that has popularised the term "straight whit male" as an insult

nush

it would be best for everyone if they just came out and said the forum is for transgender gamers only it would save them a whole lot of heartache.

Nope, they want an audience for their tantrums, they want to see people dogpiled and banned to make them feel they have a tiny bit of power and relevance in this world. Resetera trannies are all the most biggest failures of men you'll ever see in your life, putting on the dress is just a disguise for that.
Its a shame normal trans people get lumped in with them, they're like the anti-ambassadors for the T.

Ionian

Exact same thing happened on Something Awful, but hey that site is so utterly screwed now and not even because of them.

Patreon dropped 6k nearly overnight.

(If anyone's curious there a thread over there)

Saruhashi

Banned
This thread is also a gem.

Apparantly Blaire White and Buck Angel side with JK Rowling. But instead of talking about that exselciorlef goes all out on her nemesis Contrapoints.

People asking what Contrapoints has to do with this are being called cisplaining transphobes. Especially FeistyBoots gets real mad at the admins for not banning all the reported ' transphobes'

(I'm convinced Feisty is a troll. No way can a person be that mad and sensitive)

Do they never think of taking a step back to consider how this sounds to outsiders? Outsiders who might be potential allies.

Buck Angel basically says he was a woman then he transitioned and now is a man. If he had been born a biological male then he would not be trans.

How can they not get this?
Like if part of your life story is "I transitioned" then how they hell can you not understand that you must have transitioned from being one way to being another way.

What do they think transition means?

I am in State B and I always have been. But also I transitioned to State B at some point.

Its such a ridiculous contradiction that I dunno how they don't see it and continue to insist on this weird worldview.

"Trans women are women!"
Oh, so you are not trans then, just a woman?
"NO! I am trans! Don't try to erase my struggle!"

So "trans woman" is a subset of woman? Yes?

So there must be other subsets, yes?

Subsets such as "biological woman".

This whole continued screeching just seems like a concentrated effort to have biological women reffered to as "cis" whenever possible.

So you don't want to really have people being referred to as just women but will have the poor downtrodden "trans" women and the elitist scumbag bigot "cis" women.

I think people like JK Rowling probably have seen the writing on the wall here. Somehow radical feminists shamed and demonized men so badly that men are now coming out as women and demonizing women who don't want to go along with it.

JSoup

Banned
Exact same thing happened on Something Awful, but hey that site is so utterly screwed now and not even because of them.

Patreon dropped 6k nearly overnight.

(If anyone's curious there a thread over there)

Here's a handy first hand account of SA turning to shit, complete with images:
www.reddit.com/r/stupidpol/comments/ej64zs/lets_talk_about_former_internet_sensation/
Edit: Holy balls, I didn't know including the HTTP part would past the entire bastion of text here, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Ionian

Chuckie

Do they never think of taking a step back to consider how this sounds to outsiders? Outsiders who might be potential allies.

Buck Angel basically says he was a woman then he transitioned and now is a man. If he had been born a biological male then he would not be trans.

Like if part of your life story is "I transitioned" then how they hell can you not understand that you must have transitioned from being one way to being another way.

I am in State B and I always have been. But also I transitioned to State B at some point.

Its such a ridiculous contradiction that I dunno how they don't see it and continue to insist on this weird worldview.

"Trans women are women!"

This whole continued screeching just seems like a concentrated effort to have biological women reffered to as "cis" whenever possible.

So you don't want to really have people being referred to as just women but will have the poor downtrodden "trans" women and the elitist scumbag bigot "cis" women.

I think people like JK Rowling probably have seen the writing on the wall here. Somehow radical feminists shamed and demonized men so badly that men are now coming out as women and demonizing women who don't want to go along with it.

Yeah it is confusing af for me. I'm old though...so maybe that has something to do with it.

So what is exactly their stance? (I mean ERA trans community) That if you feel a woman, you are a (biological) woman, no matter how you were born?

"Trans women are women!"

That thread is bewildering. The whole OP seems to be various Trans people agreeing with Rowling but the theme of the replies seems to be 'fuck CIS people' even though no CIS people are even in the conversation. Then there is the whole issue of Excel making a thread about two trans people saying things she doesn't like to attack a third trans person who also says things she doesn't like but who isn't involved AT ALL except that she once agreed with one of the people in the conversation. And being confused about that seemed to be treated as a form of transphobia, even though the mods subsequently had to change the thread title (twice!) to make it less confusing.

Or: - a trans person uses a conversation between two other trans people discussing trans politics to attack a fourth trans person but CIS people are the baddies

jason10mm

Gold Member
It makes sense. When Jenner was "Woman of the Year" it was essentially a man taking away an award from a woman. Jenner has a lifetime of accomplishment as a man, he had none of the struggles of a woman. Yet the instant he transitioned, she nabbed a top honor!

So I can understand a traditional feminist not wanting to allow transwomen into the inner circle, at least not transwomen who don't understand the core realities of being a woman. It's like a BLM rally where white allies take over the conversation from the black participants. Sure, everyone says they have the same end goal, but when the media focuses on the white allies instead of the black protesters who are actually LIVING the struggle, it can be a mite frustrating. And you see it with BLM-adjacent organizations trying to segregate themselves based solely on perceived race. Are they RERSs (Racial exclusionary radical Segregationalists)?

Yeah it is confusing af for me. I'm old though...so maybe that has something to do with it.

So what is exactly their stance? (I mean ERA trans community) That if you feel a woman, you are a (biological) woman, no matter how you were born?

I think it's just transwomen are women are women and getting into the details is transphobic.

I lot of trans people don't even have gender dysphoria (so they don't 'feel' like women) to the extent that there is pejorative term (truscum) for those that do have GD and try and gatekeep those that don't. I'm perfectly happy to accept non-GD as whatever identity they want. No problem. But are we really saying that a trans person with 'male' biology who hasn't transitioned physically/medically and doesn't even feel like a woman is the same as a woman?

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
There's a more recent thing that happened but not posting it as I don't wish to derail this thread, Just look at the GBS forum.

It's pretty savage and not very funny, just sad.

As I don't frequent SA, I don't know what do or does not seem out of the ordinary in what I'm looking at.

Daffy Duck

"Trans women are women!"

That thread is bewildering. The whole OP seems to be various Trans people agreeing with Rowling but the theme of the replies seems to be 'fuck CIS people' even though no CIS people are even in the conversation. Then there is the whole issue of Excel making a thread about two trans people saying things she doesn't like to attack a third trans person who also says things she doesn't like but who isn't involved AT ALL except that she once agreed with one of the people in the conversation. And being confused about that seemed to be treated as a form of transphobia, even though the mods subsequently had to change the thread title (twice!) to make it less confusing.

Or: - a trans person uses a conversation between two other trans people discussing trans politics to attack a fourth trans person but CIS people are the baddies

I've tried reading the thread three times and I have no idea what's going on other than "cisplaining" despite not seeing anything of the sort in the thread so I am confused as hell as to what's going on.

As a straight white male you try to educate yourself on what others are going through but you ask a question and you are marched out of the room because you're "cisplaining", erm no I am trying to understand what's happening because I don't live my life online and follow every internet drama at every stage. Fuck is it inclusive it's just argumentative bullshit and just pushes people away into thinking "Nope, I aint geting involved with that, you do you".

Chuckie

I think it's just transwomen are women are women and getting into the details is transphobic.

I lot of trans people don't even have gender dysphoria (so they don't 'feel' like women) to the extent that there is pejorative term (truscum) for those that do have GD and try and gatekeep those that don't. I'm perfectly happy to accept non-GD as whatever identity they want. No problem. But are we really saying that a trans person with 'male' biology who hasn't transitioned physically/medically and doesn't even feel like a woman is the same as a woman?

Thanks, apparantly my understanding of the term transgender was way outdated/incomplete.

nush

As a straight white male you try to educate yourself on what others are going through but you ask a question and you are marched out of the room because you're "cisplaining",

They don't want to be on the hook and give the "Wrong"answer, that's where the "I'm not here to educate you" line comes from. If one of the trans people gives and answer the others don't agree with then they'll be eaten by their own - See Contrapoints and Buck Angel. It's the same with "Listen to trans experiences" just means, don't ask questions becuse I know what I'm saying is flawed, hypocritical and makes no sense. But just buy into my delusion so I feel good about myself.

SkylineRKR

Sound like Ree is salty that AJ wasn't convicted for his heinous crimes and they try to get back at him by feeling uncomfortable about his videos. And guess what, poll it and witness 50% of those cucks still following him anyway.

And guess what AJ thinks.

don-t-give-a-fuck-130419.gif

These fucking crybabies should carry on until there is nothing left to cancel but themselves. Would be a great day. Wasn't SonicFox their hero in dark ages? This is also good news then.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Banned

So a trans female is a female. A female is anyone who identifies as female. Please do not refer to females as females.

Simple.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
how exhausting it must be to follow all of their little rules, and one slip up and bam you're banished forever

Hudo

Penises aren't only male genitalia. What a sexist thread.
That thread won't be alive for long. At some point someone will bring the non-homeomorphism between penises and vaginas into play and guilt trip everyone else.

SkylineRKR

That thread won't be alive for long. At some point someone will bring the non-homeomorphism between penises and vaginas into play and guilt trip everyone else.

When clicking on the thread I already expected it to derail like that by post # 11 or so. Wait and see.

Well how could you have known?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom