• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I believe you. I'm also curious if they you just suddenly banned you without having any post to lean on as an excuse?

I have spend 2 hours googling and searching both this thread, this whole site, all of RE and kiwifarms, it's difficult to find any hard evidence where some one has been out right banned without first also posting some thing on RE that could be used as an excuse by the mods. I got banned for arguably derailing a thread and not realizing soon enough that it was a strong-emotions/sensitive-topic thread. I should have gotten a warning as this was my first ever infraction and have posted useful info in others before, but I was banned without any indication of a pending duration. I did later try and create an alt account in order to contact any mod to ask about it but that they managed to identify it as an alt and ban before it became fully active. I've also been posting here right after, no strong wording against the site but definitely liking posts that has a derogatory tone towards the side. I finally got a perma ban after a couple of days and many polite attempts at contacting them via email. I can't be sure if it was my original sin, my alt account or my posting/likings here or all of them. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture and trying to be factual if there are hard evidence that they out right ban anyone who write something bad bout them here.

I was just banned suddenly and I was barely active there before my ban. I think my last post was complimenting a game or probably asking a recommendation. Totally nothing controversial.

Ionian

I believe you. I'm also curious if they you just suddenly banned you without having any post to lean on as an excuse?

I have spend 2 hours googling and searching both this thread, this whole site, all of RE and kiwifarms, it's difficult to find any hard evidence where some one has been out right banned without first also posting some thing on RE that could be used as an excuse by the mods. I got banned for arguably derailing a thread and not realizing soon enough that it was a strong-emotions/sensitive-topic thread. I should have gotten a warning as this was my first ever infraction and have posted useful info in others before, but I was banned without any indication of a pending duration. I did later try and create an alt account in order to contact any mod to ask about it but that they managed to identify it as an alt and ban before it became fully active. I've also been posting here right after, no strong wording against the site but definitely liking posts that has a derogatory tone towards the side. I finally got a perma ban after a couple of days and many polite attempts at contacting them via email. I can't be sure if it was my original sin, my alt account or my posting/likings here or all of them. I'm just trying to get a clearer picture and trying to be factual if there are hard evidence that they out right ban anyone who write something bad bout them here.

You should have spent those 2 hours just reading this thread. c'mon dude.

The evidence is all here as presented by many posters who used the same username both here and there, it's not a conspiracy theory.

Hecht has flat-out said on twitter he monitors this thread, just for one example and he's extremely hostile towards users.

Last edited:

SeanTron

Neo Member

It's the same as any police state. Make the rules and environment such that everyone is guilty, then just purge the ones you don't like. Putin's Russia is all about this, tow the fucking line or they will take you out for any excuse available.

JeloSWE

You should have spent those 2 hours just reading this thread. c'mon dude.
I did search the whole thread for offsite drama and ban, I can't just read through 440 pages in a reasonable time. Just couldn't fin anything where people one day coming back to Era noticing they've been banned for no apparent reason. I'm definitely not defending Era as what I've seen since reading up on the site is egregious, the bans are handed out like freebies, in fact I'm pretty pissed of how the ban went down. I am/was a mod at a big Tekken forum and I would never just outright ban some one before giving them a warning.

JeloSWE

It's the same as any police state. Make the rules and environment such that everyone is guilty, then just purge the ones you don't like. Putin's Russia is all about this, tow the fucking line or they will take you out for any excuse available.
Don't forget the new law in HK as well, scary stuff indeed.

nush

I did search the whole thread for offsite drama and ban, I can't just read through 440 pages in a reasonable time. Just couldn't fin anything where people one day coming back to Era noticing they've been banned for no apparent reason. I'm definitely not defending Era as what I've seen since reading up on the site is egregious, the bans are handed out like freebies, in fact I'm pretty pissed of how the ban went down. I am/was a mod at a big Tekken forum and I would never just outright ban some one before giving them a warning.

I get the impression your not going to accept any evidence less than and Era mod coming into this topic and admitting they ban members for off site comments.

SkylineRKR

Thank you for the replies. I've been reading this thread for a little while and haven't seen any claims yet, but it is a large thread...

With that said, I'll take my chances with getting banned.

Really, all I have to say is that the Resetera mods are way too quick to ban users for trolling if the post isn't in line with the site's ideology, even if it isn't clear that the post is actually a troll post. It's just sad that discussion is discouraged on a discussion forum of all places. The users also try really hard to make you feel like trash if you have a different opinion about something.

I know this has been said countless times in this thread, but I just wanted to add my $0.02.

I know their shtick. And at first its kind of surprising, because you see someone derail a topic with something thats to you and me a futility. Then you think, I can say something about this, right? Then you get piled and you think "well, I'm sure a mod will clean up". But then the mod warns or bans you. And not the SJW drive by's. Its the most ridiculous hivemind I've ever seen and I puke when I see someone even publicly apologizing simply out of fear to lose their account. Why? Why do they even WANT to stay at such a place?

Their most used and my most hated sentence is 'everyone should feel very offended/ashamed/whatever about this'. They're constantly deciding how you should feel, trying to shove guilt onto you for things your country did, white people did or whatever stuff happened at some point in time.

Their aim was to create a forum with more room for discussion than old GAF. Blatant lie. So much proof in here and I experienced it first hand a few times before I was completely done with those loons. I've been warned and banned a few times there before I deleted my account, it was either for being moderate during accusations or using a word like Tard. Yet I see guys using the N-word against people like Crews and they get a pass.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Last edited:

Hudo

You missed a trick not coming in with this

N1dN7zq.jpg
User name checks out.

cormack12

Gold Member
Era is like the NETFLIX of forums. You spend most of your time scrolling past shit. See something that might look like its different then quickly establish its the same shit with a fancier cover tile.

SkylineRKR

Ketkat and Razmos are pieces of shits. one who knocks is an asshat too. They're piling again.

I wonder if he still enjoys Breaking Bad. There is shit in there Ree would hate.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Pretty sure the 'allright' there is meant to be a pun on the perceived politics of scum cunt nazi company.

Wew wew joke police.

Mossybrew

Hah, banned again, this time for supporting the Harper's letter on free speech. I referred to REE as the hive mind, so I'm sure that's what did it. Well I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm done with that place for good, there's just no longer any reason to be a part of such an intolerant, hateful community.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Oops CD Projekt went full White Supremacist now ERA has no choice but deplatform them or they will look bad 😲

The quote is from the interview also published on cdprojekt.com, which is inspired by CDProjekt expressing support for LGBT community in the times when LGBT is a hot topic in Poland, politically weaponized by the far-right during the currently ongoing presidential election.

here it is in full:

– Is the issue of tolerance an important part of the creative process when developing video games and – to put it broadly – innovating?

AB:
I would reply by quoting from the CD PROJEKT Group strategy: We stand for tolerance. We combat all forms of racism, homophobia and xenophobia, as we believe tolerance is the foundation of creativity and innovation. Of course, our perception of tolerance is not fully captured by these two short sentences. Rather, they serve as guidelines which each of us may interpret in somewhat different ways. Some support the view expressed by Professor Maria Ossowska, a prominent Polish sociologist, who claims that tolerance is the capacity to respect other people’s needs and opinions which we ourselves do not espouse, and to refrain from combating phenomena which we regard as evil. Others are more in line with Popper’s proposition that a tolerant society, if it is to remain tolerant, must not tolerate intolerance. There are also people at our studio who disagree with both views.

The key takeaway is that diversity — which Adam talked about previously — and the differing sensitivities and outlooks which result from it, are not leading to conflict. In this way our team’s energy can be fully directed towards creation. And creating complex works is inherently a team effort.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with this statement? Serious question. All they're saying is they try to find a balance between people of different philosophical outlooks on tolerance. If that includes individuals with views other than the described two, does this read like a suggestion of having conservative employees in the company as well, therefore, fuck nazi scumbag company?
I'd ask on Era but that's an instaban for "drive by dismissing concerns of concealed bigotry" rather than getting an answer.

JeloSWE

The quote is from the interview also published on cdprojekt.com, which is inspired by CDProjekt expressing support for LGBT community in the times when LGBT is a hot topic in Poland, politically weaponized by the far-right during the currently ongoing presidential election.

here it is in full:

Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with this statement? Serious question. All they're saying is they try to find a balance between people of different philosophical outlooks on tolerance. If that includes individuals with views other than the described two, does this read like a suggestion of having conservative employees in the company as well, therefore, fuck nazi scumbag company?
I'd ask on Era but that's an instaban for "drive by dismissing concerns of concealed bigotry" rather than getting an answer.
It could be interpreted in more than one way, of course they chose the absolute worst one they can think of. If you're a hammer everything looks like a nail. If you're an extreme leftist....

Last edited:
Eventually something like that is going to have to happen. When a single mistake, even a perceived mistake is enough for someone to be cancelled and when a company is cancelled for refusing to sack a cancelled employee and when game developers have hundreds/thousands of employees it’s only a matter of time before some huge company gets deplatformed there. And when they do it to one, they’ll set a precedent and have to do it again.

CDPR is pretty much already there. It has already been denounced. Naughty Dog too. But they haven’t gone the extra step of taking their own rules to their natural conclusion. At the moment they are operating in a fog of cognitive dissonance where those companies are acknowledged baddies who you can be banned for supporting...but gaming side still carries on as if nothing has happened. That can’t hold. The vampires like blood and those threads are easy kills.

The business people must know that a gaming forum banning discussion of the biggest games is going to be a death knell but they won’t be able to stop it when it happens.

It's funny how many threads have "dismissing concerns of X" bans, but once it comes to Jews, the staff are silent.

Nepenthe probably protecting BCT members in there or something because Kreed should 100% be banned for downplaying antisemitism. Like seriously, his response to people talking about the lack of reaction to antisemitism on Era is to post a list of threads where people try to rationalize antisemitism.

Era is a hate site.

SkylineRKR

I'm glad i'm not the only who see's the irony.

Update: i'm banned now, which again, is ironic since they literally proved my point.

Yeah. don't be reasonable over there. If you said CDPR is intolerant and Era is tolerant you would live. Which is a lie considering their stance on different opinions lol.

They have tolerance, for anyone with their psychotic way of thinking. That thread is just ridiculous.

"I like their games"

"ok you're a shitty person"

Fucks.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Even taking the view that Era was a cynical cash grab to kill Gaf and exploit the userbase for marketing dollars, you think they would have squashed the insanity by now rather than ramping it up.

Ow, my profits.

Ymir

Even taking the view that Era was a cynical cash grab to kill Gaf and exploit the userbase for marketing dollars, you think they would have squashed the insanity by now rather than ramping it up.

Ow, my profits.
Yeah, but if you don't virtue signal then what was the point of the split? They backed themselves into a corner where the only solution to explain why they exist is to double down on their virtue signaling.

MudoSkills

There's still clear distance between being a left leaning forum and the insane decisions they have made with regards to who they chose to put in power, and how they choose to enforce the 'rules'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom