• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDiddyLive

I venture over there for a peek every now and then and I swear I have like a 50% chance of seeing a suicide topic on the first page. How about just locking the thread after posting suicide prevention number/website and give them a two week ban to focus? Instead it turns into people trying to make themselves feel like heroes by putting in their half ass comments. Hell, some of them straight up feel like BS and the OP just wants to be the center of attention for a little bit.

Cracklox

Has anybody ever told these kids "no"? Like is there any point where a concern is too ridiculous to care about?

I wish CDPR would stop taking these interviews, I'm starting to worry about this game.

Nah not even. If the game lives up to what it promising to be then it'll be fine. Look at all controversies surrounding TLOU2. It still sold a tonne. The few thousand active reee posters carry far less influence then all the youtubers etc that were aboard the TLOU2 hate train.

As for if they do deplatform (fuck i hate that word. And whole concept) it then I believe it was summed up pretty well what will happen with the post below

Eventually something like that is going to have to happen. When a single mistake, even a perceived mistake is enough for someone to be cancelled and when a company is cancelled for refusing to sack a cancelled employee and when game developers have hundreds/thousands of employees it’s only a matter of time before some huge company gets deplatformed there. And when they do it to one, they’ll set a precedent and have to do it again.

CDPR is pretty much already there. It has already been denounced. Naughty Dog too. But they haven’t gone the extra step of taking their own rules to their natural conclusion. At the moment they are operating in a fog of cognitive dissonance where those companies are acknowledged baddies who you can be banned for supporting...but gaming side still carries on as if nothing has happened. That can’t hold. The vampires like blood and those threads are easy kills.

The business people must know that a gaming forum banning discussion of the biggest games is going to be a death knell but they won’t be able to stop it when it happens.

Astral Dog

The quote is from the interview also published on cdprojekt.com, which is inspired by CDProjekt expressing support for LGBT community in the times when LGBT is a hot topic in Poland, politically weaponized by the far-right during the currently ongoing presidential election.

here it is in full:

Can anyone tell me what exactly is wrong with this statement? Serious question. All they're saying is they try to find a balance between people of different philosophical outlooks on tolerance. If that includes individuals with views other than the described two, does this read like a suggestion of having conservative employees in the company as well, therefore, fuck nazi scumbag company?
I'd ask on Era but that's an instaban for "drive by dismissing concerns of concealed bigotry" rather than getting an answer.
I have no idea either but there must be some kind of hidden White Supremacist languague they can read
They can't. Cyberpunk 2077 is on of the biggest games of the year.
Lets be fair here even ERA has limits and cancelling a huge popular game like Cyberpunk 2077 would be too much, their moral fabric simply isn't that strong

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, but if you don't virtue signal then what was the point of the split? They backed themselves into a corner where the only solution to explain why they exist is to double down on their virtue signaling.

They're definitely in a corner by having zero brakes as a result of catering to the demands of language and thought authoritarianism.

When their biggest voices are the ones who go "If ERA doesn't come down on this, then ERA is a platform for bigotry!" then it's no surprise that they're stuck with no way out.

They make the exact same demands of publishers and game designers.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"you don't want conflict"??? go away you horrible nazi racist

csMlO9l.png

MAVTgvU.png

^ why would you say this filth? you should be burned alive /s

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
They didn't build their community, they appropriated it. How could they genuinely appreciate their users or what they have?
I'm not disagreeing with you. I've said before how the site essentially stole a majority of the Gaf userbase within a couple of days. However, it's not as though it has been completely stagnant - it got a lot of press/attention on launch and that drew in some new people - but it follows no kind of logic that they have spent most of the forums life tearing through the userbase and closing down discussion.

If the intention was to make money they're killing their profits. If the intention was to change the industry then it might help to have numbers that actually matter.

For an enthusiast forum, about 96% of the remaining userbase seem to vocally hate videogames - so probably not that likely to be listened to.

Ionian

Do you know what post got them? I'm curious... Also probably a weak ban like a month or less even though they've been banned more than a couple times
Can't remember the thread but was lashing out about moderation as it wasn't going in their favour, from memory was a 1 month ban.

Anyone else would have been perm'd.

cormack12

Gold Member
I find it amazing the decision to suddenly stop purchasing copies of cyberpunk coincides with the hype getting smaller with each tease/reveal. Could it be that you'd already decided it was looking less and less than a day ine purchase but now you want everyone to know this enormous sacrifice youre making on a aaa title?

They're as trasnaorent as the raincoat in bladerunner

I'm not disagreeing with you. I've said before how the site essentially stole a majority of the Gaf userbase within a couple of days. However, it's not as though it has been completely stagnant - it got a lot of press/attention on launch and that drew in some new people - but it follows no kind of logic that they have spent most of the forums life tearing through the userbase and closing down discussion.

If the intention was to make money they're killing their profits. If the intention was to change the industry then it might help to have numbers that actually matter.

For an enthusiast forum, about 96% of the remaining userbase seem to vocally hate videogames - so probably not that likely to be listened to.
Pretty sure it was to make money.... the Asian owner cerium is a homophobe who tried selling off chunks/shares to people and even those people threw in the towel

If the bank balance starts to go into the negative due to ad revenue drying up or someone suing them or people mass exiting due to some stupid reason (which is probably likely) you will see really quick how much he gives a shit about sjw and politics and the site will be shut down quicker then someone posting a joe rogan thread

SeanTron

Neo Member
Why does Poland have prominent nationalists that don't like gays and don't want immigrants? Because of their history of having their culture, language, and nation erased by outside influences. I feel for gay Poles, they don't deserve this, but applying American standards on another culture / county only serves to reinforce and fan the flames of nationalism.

The attitude Reset is taking here is a barely veiled anti-Pole attitude; they want to erase their history, struggle, and nation and paint them as #whiteppl, in their mind ardent racists and little else. Why do they expect a Polish company to not hire Poles? Hell, their goal should be at very least to match the ethnic make-up of Poland

GJ6ln4H.png

Cool, at a minimum have 2% nonpoles, preferably someone German or Ukrainian. Not good enough for Reset, they want CDPR to import nonwhite people from other parts of Europe cause you know #whitepplbad.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

The staff post is absolutely delightful

They’ve resorted to eating each other!

nush

Soon all the reee nerds have to play 2077 in secret because they are "boycotting" it.

It's the only game with a "Create-a-trans" mode where they can run around and open game world being stunning and brave and both men and women will want to have sex with them. There's no way they won't be buying it unless they had no interest to start with.

The reviews meta commentary is going to be a bigger bloodbath than TLOU2.

MudoSkills

It's the only game with a "Create-a-trans" mode where they can run around and open game world being stunning and brave and both men and women will want to have sex with them. There's no way they won't be buying it unless they had no interest to start with.

The reviews meta commentary is going to be a bigger bloodbath than TLOU2.
I'm not sure if you noticed, but there was a thread with about a billion posts (of one word) where they saw that poster of a buff chick with a big dick and accused the game of fetishising trans women.

We want representation *gets representaion* NOT LIKE THAT!

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Jq3A4c8.jpg

Relentless mod whining is one month. Call a summit. 🎺🎺🎺

fYjl8YM.jpg

Officially my favourite ban ever.
Repeatedly refusing to engage with arguments.
So now not a troll, but had a history of being one. Banned. 😂😂😂😂😂

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Imaging being a self proclaimed hardcore gaming forum and not getting the name right for one of the most famous game designers :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dk9Rc_7X0AA2Ho8

His name is Cory Barlog, not Cory Balrog(his troll twitter name atm), a real gaming forum would know.
That's a Photoshop, this one is real.
a4aTNcU.jpg

Call yourself a real gaming forum when to quote Kratos in Mortal Kombat 7 "get up, you wimp"

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Will FeistyBoots come back a better poster?

Will they possibly have tempered their tantrums?

Tune in next month (if the ban isn't over-turned)
The poor Swedish summit getting bumped again. Did you know that for a time some mods thought Slavyen knew Swedish? It's true, it was just after he got a new keyboard. It turned out that Slayven was just trying to type in English.

Ymir

Excel is now shitting on Darryl Davis, the black guy posted earlier who literally fought with and got people to leave the KKK.

How shit of a human being do you have to be to put down a black guy literally working to dismantle the KKK?

stupei said:
Oh to be clear: I do not think she is right.

But I think her whole image is built on reaching across the aisle, hearing different perspectives, befriending those who disagree, and endless freeze peach nonsense that leads to a few people in her youtube comments saying that they used to be far right but she makes such rational points that they're going to reconsider!
She's trans Daryl Davis

lmimmfn

I know their shtick. And at first its kind of surprising, because you see someone derail a topic with something thats to you and me a futility. Then you think, I can say something about this, right? Then you get piled and you think "well, I'm sure a mod will clean up". But then the mod warns or bans you. And not the SJW drive by's. Its the most ridiculous hivemind I've ever seen and I puke when I see someone even publicly apologizing simply out of fear to lose their account. Why? Why do they even WANT to stay at such a place?

Their most used and my most hated sentence is 'everyone should feel very offended/ashamed/whatever about this'. They're constantly deciding how you should feel, trying to shove guilt onto you for things your country did, white people did or whatever stuff happened at some point in time.

Their aim was to create a forum with more room for discussion than old GAF. Blatant lie. So much proof in here and I experienced it first hand a few times before I was completely done with those loons. I've been warned and banned a few times there before I deleted my account, it was either for being moderate during accusations or using a word like Tard. Yet I see guys using the N-word against people like Crews and they get a pass.
I lean to the left but since experiencing the crap on REEE and getting banned for questioning why "all men are thrash", i now absolutly hate anything SJW related.
So they have an impact, and its reasonable people turning against them and anything they stand for.

nush

aYVQMty.png

Kudos to this guy avoiding a "Dismissing the concerns of the trans community" ban by framing his question as coming from "His girlfriend". :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So the technique is

1. State how woke you are
2. Frame questions as someone else asking who's less woke but you want to "Educate" them.
3. Apologize for even asking the questions and massage the egos of what every group the discussion is about while downplaying the question as "not that important anyway".

GG

MudoSkills

Contrapoints is a real headfuck. I got out into her from Gaf when I joined - so I saw her transform from gay man, to straight trans woman, to lesbian, over the course of maybe a dozen videos. She makes a damn good argument about whatever she chooses to discuss, and properly interrogates the issue, but somehow isn't woke enough.

Utter bullshit.

nush

Contrapoints is a real headfuck. I got out into her from Gaf when I joined - so I saw her transform from gay man, to straight trans woman, to lesbian, over the course of maybe a dozen videos. She makes a damn good argument about whatever she chooses to discuss, and properly interrogates the issue, but somehow isn't woke enough.

Utter bullshit.

She's successful, popular and passing. Three things those trans on Resetera will never be and so she must be destroyed.

Utter bullshit.

So ERA has reached the point that a fully transitioned person with a history of various genders and sexual preferences is now against ERA's own group trans narrative so discussion is not allowed/banned. OhMy.gif. Moderation of titanic and iceberg proportions.

Emu head + sand = bum rushed by reality very soon.

They're all sensitive threads over there now. No discussion, no jokes, no differing views and no focus on games.

There is for sure a discord or two of vigilante trans-force reporting and dogpiling threads now.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
Why does Reset support Islam so heavily esp their mods?

Don't Islamic countries stone or hang any LGBTQ person?

I think I can explain this. Don't listen to what intersectionalists say, you will rightly discover all kinds of contradictions. In reality intersectionalism boils down to 3 principles.

1. The root of all injustice and evil is straight white men sometimes assisted by straight white women.
2. Everyone else is a victim and have no agency, in all of history.
3. Helpless victims cannot be blamed for their actions.

Thus, Islam cannot be blamed for any of its Anti SJW views, because they exist in a world where they have always been oppressed by straight white men and this has distorted their innate goodness. Get rid of SWM and Islam will fix itself.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Banned
I lean to the left but since experiencing the crap on REEE and getting banned for questioning why "all men are thrash", i now absolutly hate anything SJW related.
So they have an impact, and its reasonable people turning against them and anything they stand for.

Mate, most folks here are left-leaning. Left leaning doesn't mean "psychotic racist cunt waffles" like Era tries to showcase. Welcome back to the realm of sanity and laugh at their madness.

Last edited:

chris121580

It’s been a treat reading through the buck angel thread. I love how them threatening to leave the board thinks it will have some major impact. The bottom line is they love the attention and the drama and will never leave

Yep, their moderation and "preferred/privileged members" force you into a extreme binary choice of ally or enemy. Literal zero discussion to be had, zero tolerance to be given. You are correct and I feel the same impact from their forums and moderation, I choose to not engage. Just like the silent majority in culture today. USA social media and celebrities ain't the ones to lead this global charge at all. Germany have a far more generations spanning plan that is more effective through education and tolerance without the need to indoctrinate, alter or hide history and force binary ultimatums on their populace.

Ionian

Is there actuall
There was one who didn't realize that and went over the top into battle first thinking others would follow.

qEqv7aJ.png

Nobody else did during the great 2019 trans revolt so he ended up looking like a muppet. He's probably back under an alt already.

She's pretty hot, is there an OnlyFans link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom