• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In desperation to bring up a good cancelling of Purple OP brings up the great exodus. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

C6eUyAi.png

Haven’t like most guys been in awkward situations like this. It is definitely not rape.

SkylineRKR

lmao he's tolerating rape culture himself. A woman has a free pass to do anything with a guy if hes in charge.

An no, they haven't been in situations like that. Not these social retards. These dudes are just parotting and base everything on hearsay fed by vocal idiots they feel attracted to because they're insecure no life fucks.

I just imagine how these people, if they're genuine, would be treated in real life if they voiced their ridiculous views to people who happen to be sane. I think most would just laugh or walk away, not even wanting to argue or punch such sad rejects. This is why bullying is a serious issue, Ree thrives on those victims.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
"Excuse me miss, but would it be at all bothersome to you, or supportive of the unnerving patriarchy which we are forced to exist within, if I were to request the ability to place my hand underneath your tee shirt and grasp your breast?"

"Excuse me miss, but would it be at all bothersome to you, or supportive of the unnerving patriarchy which we are forced to exist within, if I were to request the ability to place my hand underneath your tee shirt and grasp your breast?"
There's an Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt episode where she starts to get handsy with a young guy at a college party (or something of the sort) and he whips out a sexual consent form, clipboard and everything. When this turns her off, he calls his mom and she reassures him "she definitely sounds like a lesbian, don't worry".

SkylineRKR

I remember this Ree discussion, where some guy stressed about always asking for consent. Even to your own god damn wife. I lol'd the fuck out of it and picturing such a guy watching TV with his spouse, and then he's going to ask her. Like she doesn't want to be surprised or teased by her hubby at times. Must be one bangin' marriage.

Last edited:

NeilH1982

Banned
I remember this Ree discussion, where some guy stressed about always asking for consent. Even to your own god damn wife. I lol'd the fuck out of it and picturing such a guy watching TV with his spouse, and then he's going to ask her. Like she doesn't want to be surprised or teased by her hubby at times. Must be one bangin' marriage.

Dude, when you have a communal wife with 3 other dudes you always have to check wether it's your turn or not.

Tuff McNutt

In terms of being a "real man", Fraiser's Joe Rogan compared to the limp noodles on ERA. He regularly had spats with Lilith when he felt she was emasculating him. Also he's had sex with several people, which puts him far ahead of the virgins/incels on there as well. He takes care of his elderly father, even though they share none of the same political/social/economic views, so he has far more empathy than your average ERA user who will cut anyone out of their life who doesn't 100% agree with their worldview. He also has a job that he likes that pays well, unlike most on that board, who are stuck in low end retail/call center/IT jobs, if they are even employed at all.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

Contrapoints is a real headfuck. I got out into her from Gaf when I joined - so I saw her transform from gay man, to straight trans woman, to lesbian, over the course of maybe a dozen videos. She makes a damn good argument about whatever she chooses to discuss, and properly interrogates the issue, but somehow isn't woke enough.

Utter bullshit.

So in other words, ERA supports Trans people, but only if Trans people are perpetually kept victims and not allowed to achieve any kind of success.

Tuff McNutt

So in other words, ERA supports Trans people, but only if Trans people are perpetually kept victims and not allowed to achieve any kind of success.

I get the feeling that a lot of the vocal trans people on Era are "fashion trans" - they are guys in their 30s-40s who went nowhere in life and decide it must be because they're actually women and they've been oppressed. So they slap on a wig and dress and expect everyone to think they're heroes and so brave and that their voice/opinions matter more, even than other women or others on the rainbow.

Also a lot of them will say that they're a lesbian trans woman, so they use it as an excuse to try and have sex with the same women that turned them down when they were men. There have been lesbians banned from Era because they said they do not want to sleep with a trans woman.

It boils down to basically it's a bunch of white guys trying to dictate how everyone (both trans and others) should think and feel - which is what they are supposedly "fighting" against, so it's a circle-jerk, and I think that is a big reason why they are never satisfied. They are addicted to being the center of attention, because most of them are losers like Incelchief, who is a 30+ year old obsessed with pro wrestling and Care Bears that stocks shelves on the night shelf while posting 100 times a day on Era (also Contrapoints can pass as female, and anyone who has seen pictures of Incelchief can attest to, that's not the case with "her".)

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I get the feeling that a lot of the vocal trans people on Era are "fashion trans" - they are guys in their 30s-40s who went nowhere in life and decide it must be because they're actually women and they've been oppressed. So they slap on a wig and dress and expect everyone to think they're heroes and so brave and that their voice/opinions matter more, even than other women or others on the rainbow.

Of course even thinking this is HATEFUL and TRANSPHOBIC but honestly I do wonder what percentage of these loud trans voices could fit here. To a certain kind of depressed, unsuccessful, lonely confused dude, the chance to transform from a cis white guy nobody gives a shit about to a brave hero with a priority voice and victim status, that's a huge jump in prestige and attention in progressive circles. The temptation has to be there for guys who just have nothing else going in life.

Tuff McNutt

Of course even thinking this is HATEFUL and TRANSPHOBIC but honestly I do wonder what percentage of these loud trans voices could fit here. To a certain kind of depressed, unsuccessful, lonely confused dude, the chance to transform from a cis white guy nobody gives a shit about to a brave hero with a priority voice and victim status, that's a huge jump in prestige and attention in progressive circles. The temptation has to be there for guys who just have nothing else going in life.

Several of the Era trans mafia were banned here because of exactly the same behavior they are still doing. I particularly remember Platy being one of the biggest assholes I have ever come across.

JeloSWE

I don't believe that for a second. Trans people genuinely feel as they do, not because of need for attention. But that doesn't stop someone from being an immature narrowminded extremist asshole.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Also a lot of them will say that they're a lesbian trans woman, so they use it as an excuse to try and have sex with the same women that turned them down when they were men. There have been lesbians banned from Era because they said they do not want to sleep with a trans woman.

It boils down to basically it's a bunch of white guys trying to dictate how everyone (both trans and others) should think and feel - which is what they are supposedly "fighting" against, so it's a circle-jerk, and I think that is a big reason why they are never satisfied. They are addicted to being the center of attention, because most of them are losers like Incelchief, who is a 30+ year old obsessed with pro wrestling and Care Bears that stocks shelves on the night shelf while posting 100 times a day on Era (also Contrapoints can pass as female, and anyone who has seen pictures of Incelchief can attest to, that's not the case with "her".)

It might be as simple as Era being known as being the most trans friendly gaming forum (generalist forum even?) on the internet. And then a certain percentage of those individuals are just raging assholes that get upset about every word choice.

It's also possible that people are just saying that they're trans but they're just regular dudes looking to unload on randos online.

Last edited:

SCB3

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youngest-little-brother-age-13-enjoys-playing-ps2-in-2020.248446/

OP creates 'dark room' with PS2 hooked up to a crt TV to entice his 13 year old brother to play PS2 games as his first console experience.

This is like a rejected Saw script.

Is the OP fucking Jigsaw? This is too weird, what third world country is he living in where a TV with HDMI is unaffordable, I mean back in 2005/6 is when I first got a PS3/Xbox 360 Elite with HDMI and the TV's were expensive sure, but these days, you can probably get a nice second hand one for less than $50

nush

I don't believe that for a second. Trans people genuinely feel as they do, not because of need for attention. But that doesn't stop someone from being an immature narrowminded extremist asshole.

There's normal trams people, who are well normal pleasant people in my experience.

Then there are trans trenders, who congregate on Resetera and constantly complain about transphobia, bigotry and are generally unhinged men who became trans for the oppression points.

JeloSWE

There's normal trams people, who are well normal pleasant people in my experience.

Then there are trans trenders, who congregate on Resetera and constantly complain about transphobia, bigotry and are generally unhinged men who became trans for the oppression points.
If one is truly trans the I don't think it maters and an asshole is an asshole regardless. If one is pretending to be trans just for social points then they are an even bigger asshole. Assholes abound. :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Jubenhimer

To be entirely honest and forthcoming, I'm actually chill with a couple Era mods on Discord. We DM here and there, and shoot the shit. You'd be shocked how chill they can be outside of that ecosystem. Surprisingly normal.

It's actually opened my eyes to just how toxic that community is overall. That atmosphere is so far removed from reality that even the mods have to put on a different face when patrolling their hive. They're walking on eggshells themselves.

Why you feel the need to jump through hoops to use the search bar there is beyond me - especially when GAF exists.
That's the sad reality of ResetERA. There are some genuinely decent people on there. But because of a hive mind mentality, they can't ever truly show it on there.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

From my admitedly limited experience, trans who do hormones and are getting ready of the procedure or are past it are genuinely good people who got fucked up in the birth lottery and just want to lead a life as someone from the opposite sex and they face a lot of challenges in that regard.

The nutrans style that preaches I am a woman because I say so and if a lesbian doesn't want to suck my female dick she's a bigot, those I don't like.

I respect the first group but mock the latter. I suspect a lot of the reset trans population belong to the second group...

Last edited:
Haven’t like most guys been in awkward situations like this. It is definitely not rape.
bit of a slippery area and it really depends on the situation and whats been left out of the story as there are no shortages of women wanting attention or a bit of drama and likewise their are fine examples of pieces of shit males
these sorts of things should be handled by police and not trial by social media and this Guilty until proven innocent shit needs to really fuck off

i would guarantee these people that dogpile on people accused of bullshit accusations would change their views pretty quick if someone made up an accusation about them and it started to destroy their lives

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think that’s where nuance gets thrown out the window in these situations.

If you’re a dude and you misread signals and put yourself out there and get rejected that should be the end of it.

Since we live in a society where men are traditionally expected to make the first move and be the pursuer, most men that have had an active sex life have ran into a weird situation or two. Affirmative consent simply isn’t the standard for the vast majority of sexual encounters (it’s almost always “no means no” instead).

So there’s some massive gray area and there aren’t any hard and fast rules for every sexual encounter. It’s just so crazy to me how even these awkward situations are worthy of trying to ruin someone’s life.

nush

they are guys in their 30s-40s who went nowhere in life and decide it must be because they're actually women and they've been oppressed. So they slap on a wig and dress and expect everyone to think they're heroes and so brave and that their voice/opinions matter more, even than other women or others on the rainbow.

It's almost as if you've done your research.

ZzvL8sX.jpg

teezzy

Banned

If you’re a dude and you misread signals and put yourself out there and get rejected that should be the end of it.

Since we live in a society where men are traditionally expected to make the first move and be the pursuer, most men that have had an active sex life have ran into a weird situation or two. Affirmative consent simply isn’t the standard for the vast majority of sexual encounters (it’s almost always “no means no” instead).

So there’s some massive gray area and there aren’t any hard and fast rules for every sexual encounter. It’s just so crazy to me how even these awkward situations are worthy of trying to ruin someone’s life.

I've absolutely lost out on some mad decent sex because I was terrified of being accused of something of this sort. It fucks with your head man. Especially with any chick within the vicinity of your social circle. Last thing you need.

Yes what i meant is that sometime you ‘come into’ these awkward moments with a lot of mixed signals. Especially when you’re young, and when you are young you are often bit pushy and quite horny, doesn’t mean you are going to rape or assault someone.

I’m sure I have been pushy in similar ways in my early 20s, but I have always backed off soon enough.

Jooxed

Gold Member

the thread

The last page is them bitching about this

Last edited:

Tuff McNutt

Is the OP fucking Jigsaw? This is too weird, what third world country is he living in where a TV with HDMI is unaffordable, I mean back in 2005/6 is when I first got a PS3/Xbox 360 Elite with HDMI and the TV's were expensive sure, but these days, you can probably get a nice second hand one for less than $50

I posted before that the OP lives in Boston, which makes it even more bizarre. Like you can go to Wal-Mart and get a 32" HD Smart TV for $100. I get that might be still a lot of money for some, but the OP is 28. He can't save like 5 bucks a week and get a decent TV he doesn't have to run in what amounts to an unlit storage room in the basement?

Turnstyle

The Switch icons thread on Era is just beyond pathetic. Grown men and women refusing to buy a game they want to play because they don't like tiny icon art.

Some publisher has called them out on twitter (after one of them complained about his games icon to him on Twitter), and they are triggered.

K9EzUh7.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Haha switch icon thread they are triggered by that guy

I never bothered to look in the thread. Seeing it was started by kyuu it’s not surprise it is a shit show of crying babies

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Robin64
59 minutes ago
Nobody is harassing devs, every tweet I've ever seen about an icon has been completely civil and politely asking, nothing more.
This is bullshit in between writing this Robin both tweeted the Era thread to some dev and is now using the thread to shit on the dev’s artwork because they are upset about the twitter response.

Always scummy when they pull this gaslighting shit. “We aren’t harassing people” when you are literally encouraging a mob of mentally ill lunatics to engage devs directly

holy shit this thread is 33 pages of bitching about start icons you have to be shitting me there are really so many useless sacks of shit complainers in the world it makes me so sad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom