• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Everyone’s favourite troll is back with another thread:

Just when I was thinking that they haven’t had a crazy thread in a while!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
they are hoping Keanu Reeves speaks out against CDPR and removes himself from the game. Cos I guess he has a woke brand or something? Does he? Lol how so and from what?

like it’s just real funny they are projecting SJW politics onto this guy for seemingly no reason. They decided this guy is woke and now they want to dictate his career moves

Banshee trying to encourage an anti-Keanu thread lol u hate to see it. Birth of outrage in action

Banshee mcspook
51 minutes ago
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I was very close to making a thread that would have asked if it was too late for Keanu Reeves to drop out of Cyberpunk because of differing moral and political leanings. I kept thinking, there are those times when problem individuals are written out and replaced, but I never see an individual actively remove themself from a problem game/developer.

I felt like that would be considered a big blow and get more journalistic and reader eyes on it from outside the industry.

But then I thought how the reactions would have gone and didn't bother. Yeah, I recognize the issue.
I do believe you should make the thread if you feel that it needs to be discussed. This is the exact problem I was talking about where I'm often afraid to make posts or am frustrated by the repercussions. But you never know it might work out sometimes.
“Problem game/developer”

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

SNPlayen

they are hoping Keanu Reeves speaks out against CDPR and removes himself from the game. Cos I guess he has a woke brand or something? Does he? Lol how so and from what?

like it’s just real funny they are projecting SJW politics onto this guy for seemingly no reason. They decided this guy is woke and now they want to dictate his career moves

Banshee trying to encourage an anti-Keanu thread lol u hate to see it. Birth of outrage in action

“Problem game/developer”

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
As far as I can tell Keanu is not an sjw, he is just a normal nice guy who keeps his nose out of shit.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
What the fuck did I just read?

UHCNcJq.png

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Many people seem to confuse "I like his work" with "I like him" and even with "He is like me". Which is pretty fucked up.

Daffy Duck

Yes, and the reason they fall into category 1 is they don’t fucking want to get banned from the site because you’ll go after them, and secondly they just want to discuss video games.

It’s hilarious that they don’t get why people don’t want to engage in threads around issues like that, they’re just honeypots for all intents and purposes and a confirmation bias for those marginalised users to go and say “LOOK NOONE CARES ABOUT US ON THIS SITE, THEY WOULD RATHER WE’RE ALL DEAD” when in fact it’s “you’ve chased off people wanting to possibly be allies by your aggressive posting style “ you have made it so nobody wants to post in those threads, the phrase “you’ve made your bed, no lie in it” applies here.

Last edited:

nush

in fact it’s “you’ve chased off people wanting to possibly be allies by your aggressive posting style “ you have made it so nobody wants to post in those threads, the phrase “you’ve made your bed, no lie in it” applies here.

The incredibly low post counts on the stickied topics "Black history month"and "Trans Awareness month" bare that out. Both of them had the few usuall alies safe posting support for the first couple of pages and then nothing.

Nobody cares about your issues when it's the most unhinged members screaming "Why Dont You care, this place isnt SAFE its TOXIC!!!" and the spineless mods doing nothing but enabling them.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

That's some take "centrist" = "far right"

Not a new take at all.

The very same former 2012 "Blue wall" constituents getting called "deplorables" and "flyover country" 4 years later didn't tip you off?

M1chl

Not a new take at all.

The very same former 2012 "Blue wall" constituents getting called "deplorables" and "flyover country" 4 years later didn't tip you off?
Yeah well, but it was more about being "deplorable" human being, not that if you have right-wing view, you are far right. By that logic from the other side, it should mean "centrist" = "far left". But I don't think that right wing people cared that much.

Yeah well, but it was more about being "deplorable" human being, not that if you have right-wing view, you are far right. By that logic from the other side, it should mean "centrist" = "far left". But I don't think that right wing people cared that much.
Democrats and the media were playing the right = alt-right / far-right games from almost the very beginning. They've certainly been calling right-wingers racist for a long time.

We even had some GAFers here throwing around 'alt right' until they were corrected and told alt-right refers to neo nazi / white supremacist movements.

The purpose is to muddy language so that the screeching looks like activism instead of political smearing.

M1chl

Democrats and the media were playing the right = alt-right / far-right games from almost the very beginning. They've certainly been calling right-wingers racist for a long time.

We even had some GAFers here throwing around 'alt right' until they were corrected and told alt-right refers to neo nazi / white supremacist movements.

The purpose is to muddy language so that the screeching looks like activism instead of political smearing.
Yeah well whole politic system and confusing language is certainly strange for me, as a Eurofag. I guess this is what nets you, when you have only two party system. You either with us or them.

Scotty W

Banned
REEEEEEEEEsetera logic:
RACISM BAD - "let's punish this 12 year old for his racist remarks. CHILDREN SUCK"
ISLAMIC TERRORISM GOOD - "poor 15 year ISIS bride who as an adult says she has no regrets, she's a victim, she was groomed, let's be gentle with her"

Pathetic double standards. You can see from the posts and inconsistent logic, one of the things driving these beliefs is simply to oppose whatever the right believe. For all their memes of right, that they'll eat shit or do something stupid just to own the libs, I think it applies more the the left.

If you pay close attention, you will see that they use the double standard on every issue. Sometimes it is one person with two incompatible criteria, often it is two people with incompatible criteria.

There was a great one pointed out in the Intelligencer recently:

Ibram X. Kendi, another successful entrepreneur in the anti-racism field, has a more frontal response to this problem. The achievement gap — the long-standing difference in academic performance between Black and white children — is a myth, he argues. The supposed gap merely reflects badly designed tests, he argues. It does not matter to him how many different kinds of measures of academic performance show this to be true. Nor does he seem receptive to the possibility that the achievement gap reflects environmental factors (mainly worse schools, but also access to nutrition, health care, outside learning, and so on) rather than any innate differences.

Kendi, like DiAngelo, argues that racism must be defined objectively. Intent does not matter, only effect. Their own intentions are surely admirable. But the fact is that their insistence on denying that America provides its Black children worse educations inhibits working toward a solution. Denying the achievement gap, like denying the gap in how police treat white and Black people, seems to objectively entrench racism.

If you pay close attention, you will see that they use the double standard on every issue. Sometimes it is one person with two incompatible criteria, often it is two people with incompatible criteria.

There was a great one pointed out in the Intelligencer recently:

Scary stuff:

racism must be defined objectively. Intent does not matter, only effect.

Ripped straight out of the communist playbook. Doesn't matter if you're loyal to the party a charitable, pro-equality citizen. Your son and daughter both scored higher than a black kid in school today.

Ultimately, the goal is to place as much responsibility -- both good and bad -- on the Government. People getting angry about "systemic racism" implicitly cry out for "systemic equality", but they completely gloss over the dangers caused by systemic anything.

Yeah well whole politic system and confusing language is certainly strange for me, as a Eurofag. I guess this is what nets you, when you have only two party system. You either with us or them.
We don't have a two-party system, either.

Most folks have a grade-school understanding of American politics, both within and without the country. The media makes sure of it. Misled voters are more pliable than educated ones. "Right" and "left" were just vague descriptors in the past, but now we have people adding their own cornucopia of add-ons and identifiers like it's their Facebook page or Twitter profile i.e "Hi I'm a center-left / middle-left libertarian Democrat" wat

M1chl

We don't have a two-party system, either.

Most folks have a grade-school understanding of American politics, both within and without the country. The media makes sure of it. Misled voters are more pliable than educated ones. "Right" and "left" were just vague descriptors in the past, but now we have people adding their own cornucopia of add-ons and identifiers like it's their Facebook page or Twitter profile i.e "Hi I'm a center-left / middle-left libertarian Democrat" wat
I know only that everything is either Democrat or Republican. I know that you can for example vote for 3rd party in presidential nominee, but I haven't heard, about multiple parties in the government so far, like it is in here or in Germany, etc...

What is ERA's problem with Cyberpunk anyway?
A developer that concentrates on features that enhance the experience of their game inside of it’s lore instead of going for woke points

At one point They thought they were adding in all this shit like editable genitalia was to appease the woke brigade but when they found out it was to do with the cyberpunk story lore instead of appeasing some fat purple haired tranny sitting behind a keyboard they added that game to the shit list

They are honestly 1 tweet away from it being added to their huge ban list but that would expose The fact they are not a gaming forum as quite a lot of gamers still frequent the place

I know only that everything is either Democrat or Republican. I know that you can for example vote for 3rd party in presidential nominee, but I haven't heard, about multiple parties in the government so far, like it is in here or in Germany, etc...
That's not on you. Most of our own citizens also parrot the "two party system" complaint instead of... you know... making another party. USA already has multiple parties and multiple coalitions within the parties. The parties themselves shift and change, forced to present a competitive candidate at each election.

M1chl

That's not on you. Most of our own citizens also parrot the "two party system" complaint instead of... you know... making another party. USA already has multiple parties and multiple coalitions within the parties. The parties themselves shift and change, forced to present a competitive candidate at each election.
Seems like bar for entry would be massive, since all the corporate involvement in two parties, not sure if you would have even chance to get your message out to large portion of people, thanks to media.

Scotty W

Banned
“Intent doesn’t matter, only effect.”

Scary stuff:

Actually, that is a great example of the double standard:

If someone says something that inadvertently triggers another person, intent does not matter, only effect.

If someone says something that COULD potentially trigger someone but does not, effect does not matter, but the intent was informed by racism, so it is offensive.

There is a double standard everywhere.

Meanwhile, they are able to say that working hard and planning for the future are aspects of white culture- and for some reason the likely effect- destroying black people’s chances of success- does not matter since it had what is being interpreted as a good intent.

Actually, that is a great example of the double standard:

If someone says something that inadvertently triggers another person, intent does not matter, only effect.

If someone says something that COULD potentially trigger someone but does not, effect does not matter, but the intent was informed by racism, so it is offensive.

There is a double standard everywhere.

Meanwhile, they are able to say that working hard and planning for the future are aspects of white culture- and for some reason the likely effect- destroying black people’s chances of success- does not matter since it had what is being interpreted as a good intent.
The insidious part is they've already taken the time to also establish what your intent was. So yeah, one dude says "effect matters, not intent", but they will also go on long rants about how they know what conservatives are thinking, they know what GamerGaters are thinking, they know what white cis males are thinking, they know what gun owners are thinking, they know what Trump supporters are thinking, etc etc. The result after awhile is they get tricked into believing :messenger_ok: is racist or 🥛 is racist or 🤡 🌍 is racist or whatever.

We see so many brainwashed mind-readers who -- almost without realizing it -- use the language of the True Believer, the zealot who knows your Evil Thoughts before you even think them. (So you're saying... ) It's a bit better now but they used to infect GAF like a plague. NPC was a fitting descriptor, which is probably why Twitter banned it because you can't allow your biggest customer base to be mocked.

You said something offensive to me, a person of color? Racist.

No? I misunderstood and you're not a racist? Unconscious bias / racism. You may have not meant to be racist but something about your upbringing, your gender, your religious system, or even your skincolor (white fragility) has caused you to accidentally be racist.

No? I misjudged your skincolor and you're not "white" but actually a levantine? Oh well. Systemic racism. Whiteness. White privilege. You may not be racist or even "white" but your appearance puts you on the same side as the White Europeans, so bend the knee anyway or you're racist for supporting a racist system.

No? You'd rather not have anything to do with me and my race-baiting rhetoric? You'd rather not respond to me at all?

Well. Silence is Complicity.

Last edited:

niilokin

What the fuck did I just read?

UHCNcJq.png

What is the first thing people like that do in the morning? They woke up :messenger_poop:

Daffy Duck

lol can do without his sister and his dad in their life, I know who got the better deal out of all that

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

So if Republicans in 2020 are Nazis and if we can all generally agree that the US in the 1940s was a lot more conservative and racist than today, does that mean WW2 was really just a big racist civil war in their eyes?

I mean the US Army in WW2 was segregated so by their own definition they were also Nazis.

Words have meaning and you get the above scenario when you water down the definition like they have.

JordanN

Banned
dZHC8vf.png

What morons.
Watching Antifa attack the police and tear down statues would have redpilled Hank and send him voting straight to Trump.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
dZHC8vf.png

What morons.
Watching Antifa attack the police and tear down statues would have redpilled Hank and send him voting straight to Trump.

If Dale voted at all, it would be for some obscure third-party candidate no one every heard about because something-something-conspiracy-theory.

....why am I thinking about this now?

dZHC8vf.png

What morons.

Gotta love the poll options, not leading at all!

chris121580

These are just bait threads at this point. I’ve yet to see this poster even talk about games on the gaming side.

Ymir

Always amazing how much they play the victim, the whole thing is just to whine how they don't feel "safe" to post about VIDEO GAMES and a VIDEO GAME FORUM.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Though it is technically possible, to vote a third party, it only really makes sense if the third party is anywhere close to the other parties in terms of voter share. E.g. if I were US American in a battleground state this presidential election, I would vote Biden, even though I think he is shit (and Hawkins otherwise, because I think he is a good candidate). Why? If it is a tight race between Biden and Trump in my state, and I vote Hawkins, the outcome is equivalent to me not voting at all. If Trump ends up being one vote ahead of Biden, I would have gotten a Trump victory in my state (winner takes it all!), so the worst outcome for me instead of the second worst. Basically, winner-takes-it-all-votes form two-party-systems, because of precisely this mathematically sound thought process.

In Germany (and many other countries, e.g. Greece), it is no issue at all to vote greens or liberals (which are the equivalent to libertarians in the US), because the greens may not be the number one party, but since the voting system yields a greater number of parties in parliament (usually) and rarely sees one to obtain 50% of the vote (and if one does, then because 50% of the voters had it as first choice!), coalitions need to be formed, so my vote for the greens is not wasted at all.

teezzy

Banned
What is ERA's problem with Cyberpunk anyway?

They're fucking crazy.

Something to the tune of CDPR letting you play as someone who looks like a dude but identifies as a woman and then the voice indicates how NPCs utilize pronouns, I believe. I can't be arsed to look into it further.

It's the typical "yeah sure you tried to provide us with what we wanted and be nice and make transgendered folk feel included in your game, but you didn't do it EXACTLY HOW WE WANT"

Like shut the fuck up. Not everything has to concede to your demands. These are the dudes who made Witcher 3 while Era continued to pick lint out of their belly buttons and cry about... well, pretty much everything. They're a video game forum that seems genuinely opposed to having fun.

Gamerguy84

I should go there and commit account suicide. I havent posted over there in a long time.

I just dont know what kind of thread to make or what group I should offend.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
They're fucking crazy.

Something to the tune of CDPR letting you play as someone who looks like a dude but identifies as a woman and then the voice indicates how NPCs utilize pronouns, I believe. I can't be arsed to look into it further.

It's the typical "yeah sure you tried to provide us with what we wanted and be nice and make transgendered folk feel included in your game, but you didn't do it EXACTLY HOW WE WANT"

Like shut the fuck up. Not everything has to concede to your demands. These are the dudes who made Witcher 3 while Era continued to pick lint out of their belly buttons and cry about... well, pretty much everything. They're a video game forum that seems genuinely opposed to having fun.
The polls and threads in the gaming section over there kind of prove that wrong. The majority of people on the forum are excited for Cyberpunk. It's just a very loud and very stubborn minority of people who are trying to shame the majority into not liking or enjoying Cyberpunk.

And its not working. Which is why banshee continues to make threads like that and pretend to be shocked that gamers like to play games rather than play politics.

Last edited:

Ymir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom