• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
popcorn_2.gif

This is the content that makes this thread great

Daffy Duck

The shamima thread is heating up!

dtH5O9e.png

2rnl3oq.png

D31jz0n.png

ORVaGPE.png

g8qvZtI.png

ah yes, the old, but new throwing out the magic bingo word “bigotry” when you hold a different viewpoint to someone else, long gone is any sane conversation when you have a blanket word such as “bigot” to spread about as you see fit no matter your viewpoint, at this point the accused is marked for death and you can move onto your next target.

Bravo, great forum.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Anyone want to bring up Poodlestrike protecting posters who wanted to vote for Zombie Hitler while banning those who complained? Poodlestrike is an utter cunt and I hope he gets fucked up by the current uprising.

JSoup

Banned
"There were....a fair few more words there, no?"
Oh, fuck off with that. No one is going to fall for that old politician deflection tactic.
You got called on something that provably happened, own up to it and be a fucking adult.

cormack12

Gold Member
Thats crazy. Its almost as though they dont like being labelled 'gammons' or far right, middle aged, white racists. But, that is kind of what the site is based on.....

As we know, if you deny it it just makes the case against you stronger.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
What a glorious day, a massive infighting thread where prominent members shit on poor moderators, and a two page thread dropping truth bombs about Era and GAF
Often imitatated, never replicated.

Call a mod summit to allow the mods air their grievances. The Swedish summit delayed...again.

LarknThe4th

"Please let me play as someone even fatter than I am IRL. The obese can be heroes too y'know!!!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

If only their was a game series where a short fat guy with a jolly disposition went on adventures with his tall skinny twin brother jumping around and eating mushrooms all day

Imagine it was also like the most famous series in videogames..... nope cant think of any!!!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you are upset that people don't take consumerism seriously but also your avatar is a property from a company who minimizes racism to appease a regime that is loading ethnic minorities into trains and taking them to forced labor prison camps where they are also harvesting their body organs for god knows what.

Fr5K2lD.png

LOL these people upset that other people don't see what they themselves don't see.

Y1GJL2D.png

LOL this is pathetic. show a little self respect. you were SCARED TO AGREE WITH OP?

l4iP7ev.png

All these simps for McSpook, who got depressed and mad at themselves because the thread was unpinned. Which turned out to be a temporary bug. The momentary lapse of the thread not being at the top causes a crisis of ego lol.

Whats the deal with the cult of personality? This thread isn't even a discussion its a bunch of pansies tip toeing around saying the wrong thing. They are too afraid to even agree with one another.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

That Shamima thread is gold. Its probably the best thing that bucktooth spunkbucket has ever contributed.

You have all those clowns saying "oh forgive her, she was 15" yet almost all of the same people were making the case that people age 16 were mature enough to vote.

I guess they look at her as a fellow sociopath and see them in her. lol.

PSlayer

This went about as well as you could expect.

LOL, closed, of course.

People in that thread were speaking about GAF treading up,which makes sense giving that we are reaching close to 700 active users in a normal day. I wonder can reach 900 until year's end?

People in that thread were speaking about GAF treading up,which makes sense giving that we are reaching close to 700 active users in a normal day. I wonder can reach 900 until year's end?

SOMEONE was even dropping truth bombs about EviLore EviLore putting up the statistics showing growth.. of course they had to shut that down right quick over "offsite drama" lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
It’s absolutely incredible to witness KetKat, Snowybreak, Kyuuji, Mewn and Banshee McSpook shit all over one of the harshest moderations this side of hardcore headphone forums, and escape unscatched, with mods groveling canned statements to explain themselves to the mob.

I must give respect where respect is due, they have made the site their bitch which is no small feat.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Must be great to get away with being the world’s biggest asshole and be as hostile as you want as long as you get mad about the right things. Just imagine perceived slights and bigotry around every corner and read every post in the most disingenuous way - then go to town!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Honestly I think it's more pandering than protection. Because if you notice the Banshee person has repeatedly called for threads about "problematic" games be banned entirely because it gives "free press" and the staff and stately flatly that it's not going to happen. If it was a mod in disguise you would think the staff would support the ideas they are producing rather than straight up shooting them down.

I think it's a person (or a troll) that is arguing very loudly for things that are morally correct, but that nobody wants to hear on gaming side. The staff knows this, but they can't exactly shut down discussion of arguably the most anticipated game of the last few years. And they are afraid to just say "hey cut it out" for fear of the backlash they would get. So instead they are just letting them make their threads and letting them call for this and that.

Basically they are just letting them shout angrily into the void about things needing to be better without actually planning to do anything about it since most of gaming side doesn't care.

EDIT: Holy shit I just realized their location is set to "from under a bridge" in their profile. They are absolutely a troll account I think.

Well played to whoever is running that account lol
I am fairly certain Banshee McSpook is Brian McDoogles. Not only because the name is similar, but because the "hoarding posts that I do not like"-behaviour is the same and McSpook got super active right when McDoogles ran away.

nush

This went about as well as you could expect.

LOL, closed, of course.

That's a quality read, still salty they don't have a Wikipedia page while GAF lives rent free in thier heads. Shoutout to all the Ree lurkers we know read this topic on the regular.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I am fairly certain Banshee McSpook is Brian McDoogles. Not only because the name is similar, but because the "hoarding posts that I do not like"-behaviour is the same and McSpook got super active right when McDoogles ran away.
Wouldn't surprise me.

eot

Banned
That's a quality read, still salty they don't have a Wikipedia page while GAF lives rent free in thier heads. Shoutout to all the Ree lurkers we know read this topic on the regular.
Weirdly the GAF wiki entry says CliffyB and Jaffe both left for good, but I think I've seen Jaffe around here not too long ago

the Wikipedia page linked to the scandals they kept trying to sweep under the rug (doxxing developers/pedos/and the owner in court for harassing a gay man).....can’t have actual facts get in the way on a Wikipedia site....it was constantly being edited

I think they started calling Wikipedia alt right and wiki admins got sick of their shit and nuked the page

That’s why they don’t have a wiki page

FUBARx89

That Shamima thread is golden, I'm devastated there's no pearly words of wisdom from Nepenthe when she's closed the thread though, but we all know why that is.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Long time lurker here, never signed up because back in the day before the split this place was a cesspool. Joined Resetera and was promptly banned numerous times for not agreeing with their groupthink. The permanent ban had the usual "account in junior phase, previous severe infractions" garbage. What got me the permanent ban was one of the numerous "loot boxes are gambling" threads, with me arguing that just because something can be addictive it doesn't mean it should be banned. Fast Food? Not banned. Sex? not banned. Playing videogames? Not banned. Got banned for dismissing the damage that addiction causes lol.

It's amazing watching just how far it has devolved into a loony bin. Seriously it seems like every person on there is now a non-binary trans woman with a female penis that identifies as black. Saw a thread yesterday where they were all, even the admins and mods, saying in absolutes "If you vote for Trump you are a racist, no ifs buts or maybes" and couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It’s absolutely incredible to witness KetKat, Snowybreak, Kyuuji, Mewn and Banshee McSpook shit all over one of the harshest moderations this side of hardcore headphone forums, and escape unscatched, with mods groveling canned statements to explain themselves to the mob.

I must give respect where respect is due, they have made the site their bitch which is no small feat.

They have plot armour, or victim armour I guess.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I checked the ban board a few moments ago and am kicking myself for not seeing those two suicide threads from yesterday and today when they were in action. I checked em' out...goodness. That have me heartburn reading through as one guy Croc...something just kept posting. So...we're those guys just in here from Reset or what was real with that?

Last edited:
It's weird the way it jumped and stayed up, yet activity remains the same.
The lockdowns had a spike on both sites but the pageviews per vistors are still tanking on era which matches up to the banbot

Its Fun to look at the stats

• Era has Banned 15,472 users ....they have just over 50k members ...they have banned 30% of their userbase
  • The average unique users posting is still sitting at 3000 and trending downwards.....after 3 years you thing you would see that increasing???

And the funniest part of this is that the bot is missing a few large chunks of time due to the bot being down so there are probably more bans
and the bot itself also does not go back over the duration pending bans so once again the numbers are probably higher

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The lockdowns had a spike on both sites but the pageviews per vistors are still tanking on era which matches up to the banbot

Its Fun to look at the stats

• Era has Banned 15,472 users ....they have just over 50k members ...they have banned 30% of their userbase
  • The averge unique users posting is still sitting at 3000 and trending downwards.....after 3 years you thing you would see that increasing???

And the funniest part of this is that the bot is missing a few large chunks of time due to the bot being down so there are probably more bans
and the bot itself also does not go back over the duration pending bans so once again the numbers are probably higher
Those are by today's ban standards in Reset. Tomorrow they'll be banning anyone who doesn't give a thumbs-up/positive reaction. I wish I could send them a giant cringe emoticon to all posts simulateously.

TDiddyLive

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom