• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notseqi

Sol was recently banned for uh......liking air conditioning.

What an utter swine.

Read your ban-post, it's somewhere in here. How dare you state matter-of-factly that curvy doesn't mean obese.

edit:

I'm still bitter about NYT-reporters effectively closing down slatestarcodex.com for threatening to doxx a psychiatrist, some irony in them getting doxxed now, although I don't condone it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
giphy.gif

Mentioned it before but it’s missing some large chunks of data which was lost due to a hardware failure so that graph is actually better than what it probably is

Oh? That's interesting. If they're a lot more stable than I thought rather than on a steep decline, that could change some of my speculation on where the site will be a few years from now.

poodaddy

Dunno who you are, but good to see older members coming back to check in on the place. Mostly it's water off a ducks back now, we get called all sorts here but whatever. There's a good crew here now. A bit too many console wars and a bit too many anti-SJW at times but generally good. You'll always get a weird weighting in times of extremism. Whatever you do, hope you're keeping well.

SmugScarceArcticduck-size_restricted.gif
I can't get over how fucking cute this gif is.....lol. Gonna show my daughter this immediately.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

SEETHING

Love the staff warning to not “dismiss criticisms”

The problem is that if you’re unable to dismiss trivial concerns then all actual concerns lose meaning. Where’s the middle ground? Or if even one person takes issue with something then that issue should be held valid and sacrosanct? Even if the vast, vast majority have no issue?

MrFunSocks

Banned
Last edited:
Your use of "cult" is why. A lot of the prominent Era members have at least one, but usually several of these traits:

* Unemployed/on assistance or if they work, it's in a shit retail/call center/IT job
* No romantic and/or sexual outlets
* Some form of mental illness (usually self-dignosed) that they are not seeking treatment for
* Lack basic life skills, like how to to cook, clean, balance a checkbook, etc.
* Addictive personality (buying 1000s of games, posting 100 times a day, etc.)
* Poor hygiene/fashion sense (ie, 30 year olds that don't shower and wear sweat pants and WWE t-shirts)
* Physically unattractive/unfit (aka low self-image/esteem)
* No "real life" friends, and even their social media has very few connections (aka isolated)
* Estranged from their family (ironic considering many of them are leeching off their parents)

These are the types of people cults will latch on to because they will consider the organization anything and everything. Do you think that Excelchief, someone that posts 50-100 times a day has an identity outside of Era? They have admitted that they regularly break down crying while they are stocking shelves on the night shift. A "loser" by really any definition. But on Era, they can be someone with "power", mostly because they have crybullied and played the mods/system. And sadly a lot of sheep on there want to become like that as well.

Losers... sometimes they want to be save and ask for help. Those don't want that. They want the right to be losers and fuck anyone that 1. Is not a loser. 2. Don't act like a loser. 3. Don't give a shit about their claims... They want specific rights in order to cancel people for not been losers. That's the whole whoke shit. They are anti democracy and anti universalism but pro aparteid as a law to win over you and for their people (you have the same topic in rap music).

Last edited:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-want-to-watch-kenshin-but-the-author’s-transgressions-always-stick-at-the-back-of-my-mind.251433/

Yet another "I like thing but creator of thing once did something problematic so I'm torn" topic. These people have to ask a bunch of woke neckbeards if it's ok for them to watch something they like. How can any of them function in the real world?

edit: how do you get it to preview the link?

I'm surprised Era hasn't tried to cancel Oda and One Piece because of the connection to Watsuki.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'm surprised Era hasn't tried to cancel Oda and One Piece because of the connection to Watsuki.
They also seem to overwhelmingly love all those Atlus games like the Shin Megami Tensei series, when Atlus are all kinds of "problematic" from what I've seen.

Also their love of Sony and Naughty Dog overrules their love of outrage and social justice apparently, as they seem to just ignore all the problems with naughty dog.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Your use of "cult" is why. A lot of the prominent Era members have at least one, but usually several of these traits:

* Unemployed/on assistance or if they work, it's in a shit retail/call center/IT job
* No romantic and/or sexual outlets
* Some form of mental illness (usually self-dignosed) that they are not seeking treatment for
* Lack basic life skills, like how to to cook, clean, balance a checkbook, etc.
* Addictive personality (buying 1000s of games, posting 100 times a day, etc.)
* Poor hygiene/fashion sense (ie, 30 year olds that don't shower and wear sweat pants and WWE t-shirts)
* Physically unattractive/unfit (aka low self-image/esteem)
* No "real life" friends, and even their social media has very few connections (aka isolated)
* Estranged from their family (ironic considering many of them are leeching off their parents)

These are the types of people cults will latch on to because they will consider the organization anything and everything. Do you think that Excelchief, someone that posts 50-100 times a day has an identity outside of Era? They have admitted that they regularly break down crying while they are stocking shelves on the night shift. A "loser" by really any definition. But on Era, they can be someone with "power", mostly because they have crybullied and played the mods/system. And sadly a lot of sheep on there want to become like that as well.

All of these traits can be applied to anyone who fully embraces call out culture whether if it’s on ERA or somewhere like Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.

If they feel like a loser in their own life then these people feel like they’re doing “activism” by arguing with people and shaming them on the internet. That just seems like the absolute worst way to spend your time. I’d rather drag my nuts across hot molten glass than argue with randos on social media.

They also seem to overwhelmingly love all those Atlus games like the Shin Megami Tensei series, when Atlus are all kinds of "problematic" from what I've seen.

Also their love of Sony and Naughty Dog overrules their love of outrage and social justice apparently, as they seem to just ignore all the problems with naughty dog.

I think it’s a matter of there being a very vocal 3-5% of the total population there ready to tear anything down. TLOU2 has way, way more defenders than that 3-5% so no boycotts or whatever will ever stick there.

Now take something like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or any “lewd” game and now those defenders are outnumbered by the 3-5% so discussion about those games gets to solely be about the “objectionable” elements.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Reset pussies threaten civil war.

5s5IgIs.png

They'll be the first to get their skulls smashed in if they tried anything funny.

The media is doing this shit again. They want everyone to believe Trump is a dictator, but when he did win back in 2016, they still said the results were invalid because now Russia is involved. Watch, they're going to cry the same thing this November. But at least this time Republicans have their 2nd amendment to defend themselves.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Nothing is going to happen because people are scared shitless of being uncomfortable even for a second.
Google the Yugoslav Wars.

A very recent conflict that went from 0 to 11 overnight and lead to the formation of several new countries.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Is Yugoslavia similar to America?
Depends on who you ask.

In some ways, I think the situation is worse [in America]. You have radicals within the Democratic Party who want to abolish both the Electoral College & Second Amendment.
Either system going away marks the death of America and the beginning of something more heinous.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you got those on Resetera who call all Republicans Nazis and want to see them exterminated.

ECma7KK.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

SEETHING

Jesus, they are pure cancer. Ghost of Tsushima is done amazingly well, including its localization into Japanese. It mostly doesn't feel 'foreign', like almost every other western-made media set in Japan ever.

In any normal circumstances I would be surprised that anyone found issues with it, but of course I know these people live to "problematize" anything and everything.

Love the staff warning to not “dismiss criticisms”

The problem is that if you’re unable to dismiss trivial concerns then all actual concerns lose meaning. Where’s the middle ground? Or if even one person takes issue with something then that issue should be held valid and sacrosanct? Even if the vast, vast majority have no issue?

It's craziness. Not all opinions have the same value just because the person can attach themselves to some vaguely defined ethnic group. The opinion of "Asian Americans" who have no Japanese heritage, for example, are completely meaningless in the conversation. Opinions of Americans with Japanese heritage will have a bit of weight in accordance with their closeness to Japan, but certainly not more weight to actual Japanese people in Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daffy Duck

I guess it was only a matter of time until some people took offence to Ghosts of Tsushima. Is there a link to which places found it “problematic” and why?

Kiwiwiwi

Neo Member
Depends on who you ask.

In some ways, I think the situation is worse [in America]. You have radicals within the Democratic Party who want to abolish both the Electoral College & Second Amendment.
Either system going away marks the death of America and the beginning of something more heinous.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you got those on Resetera who call all Republicans Nazis and want to see them exterminated.

ECma7KK.jpg
Please tell me they banned this lunatic.

nush

https://www.resetera.com/threads/seattle-is-becoming-more-and-more-violent-each-day.252615/

Good thread, ends up with OP banned.
"I live in Seattle and I'm worried about my safety"
-> dogwhistle, you're banned!

Was safety white supremacy according to the smithsonian? :messenger_beaming:

It always amuses me when they ban members for racism, then let them back. Why do they allow racists in their safe space??

How's that supposed to work, we banned that member for a month and when they came back they were no longer racist?

Obviously the mods bar for racism is fucked anyway.

Depends on who you ask.

ECma7KK.jpg

How can it be okay at ERA to call out for genocide on people you disagree with politically? Oh I’m sorry it’s exactly what happened in USSR...

GymWolf

Gold Member
I appreciate that brother, I always liked seeing your posts too :). It's funny you mention that, as I just recently started to come back over here. I recently got banned over there for.....honestly I don't know lol. Apparently I was being "condescending" by explaining that one can be curvy and not be fat. and that one can grow their ass through squats. I seemed to have made some idiot mad by mentioning that my wife is curvy and is fit. The moderation over there and the general feel of it has kind of gone off the rails into crazy land; they're fucking fanatical. I still lurk over here, but I'm liking the feel of this place more these days, so this may be my main stomping grounds now. I just wish I could bring nextgeneration and solvanderlyn back over here with me, as they're good folks too. Sol was recently banned for uh......liking air conditioning. I wish I was making that up lol. Have things kind of calmed down over here since, well, you know, the mass exodus insanity and all that?
They just don't understand what real art is

#Phonepunk#

Banned
they really think like this, that people are these empty moral-less vessles, who get their values from media. that media "shapes people's view of the world" and people need to be programmed by media to be told how to behave.

this is why they have to control every piece of media. they really believe it's how you control how people think.

Cf1mkpY.png

it's utter bullshit of course. people don't think trans is weird because of media. they think it's weird because it goes entirely against the natural order of things. if anything media has the uphill battle of convincing this weird shit is normal. which is really what these people want.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned

5s5IgIs.png

They'll be the first to get their skulls smashed in if they tried anything funny.

The media is doing this shit again. They want everyone to believe Trump is a dictator, but when he did win back in 2016, they still said the results were invalid because now Russia is involved. Watch, they're going to cry the same thing this November. But at least this time Republicans have their 2nd amendment to defend themselves.
It's been proven in court the Russia collusion was made up from the MI6 Steele dossier.
The demonrats knew full well it was all lies and still pushed this narrative to all the brainwashed idiots that watch tv. This is sedition and treason! People are going to go to jail! And i'm talking obama & co.

Depends on who you ask.

ECma7KK.jpg

Better be worried if the leftists ever get their dictatorship! They are not joking when they think we need to be executed.

Last edited:

5s5IgIs.png

So crazy to me that this is the same guy who posted on here about doing something cool in Scribblenauts and then got added to the game because of it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how ERA turned on Swery and is thrashing him pretty hard on twitter due to a trans dialogue on Deadly Premonition 2 they didn't like, because the tranny with a reputation for being fake news ex-Kotaku. (Kate) made a video on her youtube Channel, and she wasn't satisfied with his apology so now they're going after his mental health. This shit pissed me off. But then again, I hope Swery learns not to touch Trans issues again on his future video games. Those imbeciles are never happy and live miserable lives.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it doesn’t really though. people don’t get their morality from media. otherwise every single person who played DOOM would be a school shooter. Or even just most of them. But that’s not the case at all.

Pop media and art can describe values but they don’t transmit them. That is for traditional structures like family community church traditional mythology etc

It is part of the ego trip of modern creators that they think their pop crap is on the level of classical mythology which actually DID teach people. The new creators have neither the skill nor the value systems to create real myths. All they have is corporate imitations.

Last edited:

Ymir

5s5IgIs.png

Remember when they said this same exact shit about white people? Armed uprising over MUH FREEDOMZ because of butthurt white people and how despicable they are? Now all of a sudden they like gun ownership and murdering people. Funny how things change...

TrainedRage

Banned
NOOOOO BIKERS CANT GATHER!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

-------------------------------------

KEEP PROTESTING COMRADES MORE NUMBERS LETS GET EM!

Astral Dog

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how ERA turned on Swery and is thrashing him pretty hard on twitter due to a trans dialogue on Deadly Premonition 2 they didn't like, because the tranny with a reputation for being fake news ex-Kotaku. (Kate) made a video on her youtube Channel, and she wasn't satisfied with his apology so now they're going after his mental health. This shit pissed me off. But then again, I hope Swery learns not to touch Trans issues again on his future video games. Those imbeciles are never happy and live miserable lives.
Its really weird because he just released a patch correcting those issues, removing and adding dialogue to the scenes. But all it did was an article on IGN saying how transphobic the game is and how angry they are 😡

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom