• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Thanksgiving is cancelled. Stay woke.

I'll be eating turkey and watching football. They can cry on their computers all day.

Here's another great thread:

Last edited:

Ron Mexico

I'll be eating turkey and watching football. They can cry on their computers all day.

For at least a part of the evening on Thursday, I’ll be just as self-loathing as they are...

...the Falcons suck and this little winning streak is papering over the changes that need to be made. They can’t even lose properly.

edit: And Cris Collinsworth sucks.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Jokes's on that cuck, I celebrated Thanksgiving last month.

Edit:
Ban incoming?

YlUVLsS.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought Black Friday came from the term “we’re in the black” in reference to accounting. Red means your in debt and when you’re in the black you are profitable.
Post US Thanksgiving is a huge shopping day so it’s when businesses finally turn a profit.
Maybe I was wrong?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

Fuck that shit. I look forward to the feast every year.

tkscz

History lesson, the original thanksgiving really was between poor white farmers and the natives who help them learn to cultivate the land. They didn't call it thanksgiving and it was just a feast they had as thanks. It wouldn't even happen again until years later. Also, at this point in time, thanksgiving works like Christmas, most people celebrate it as a tradition outside of it's original meaning. It's just a day to get together, eat and be thankful.

I always thought Black Friday came from the term “we’re in the black” in reference to accounting. Red means your in debt and when you’re in the black you are profitable.
Post US Thanksgiving is a huge shopping day so it’s when businesses finally turn a profit.
Maybe I was wrong?

Nope, you're right. That's like the fifth "IT'S ABOUT MISTREATING BLACK PEOPLE" reason behind Black Friday that I've seen. Last one was "THIS WAS THE DAY THAT SLAVES WERE ON SALE"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
History lesson, the original thanksgiving really was between poor white farmers and the natives who help them learn to cultivate the land. They didn't call it thanksgiving and it was just a feast they had as thanks. It wouldn't even happen again until years later. Also, at this point in time, thanksgiving works like Christmas, most people celebrate it as a tradition outside of it's original meaning. It's just a day to get together, eat and be thankful.

It's crazy that the OP is seemingly trying to invalidate the significance of the event as if it never happened at all simply because relations between the two factions soured later. That's honestly insane to me.

Maybe I was wrong?
No you are correct.

Just laugh at dumb shit like that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Nope, you're right. That's like the fifth "IT'S ABOUT MISTREATING BLACK PEOPLE" reason behind Black Friday that I've seen. Last one was "THIS WAS THE DAY THAT SLAVES WERE ON SALE"
Exactly.

Holidays have different meanings.

Any tard (like that broke, unemployed Sweeley guy on Reeee) moaning about stupid shit just taints things with a bad brush looking for attention. When a guy on a video game board publicly complains he doesn't have a job and his disability cheque doesn't cover renting a place, so he resorts to sitting around doing nothing all day, he is the last person anyone should be giving history lessons, and the last person anyone should be listening to for ethics.

Our family isn't religious, but hell ya we celebrate holidays and like everyone else will gleefully take a day off for a federal holiday. Since I'm not religious, I'd probably be working an extra 5 days a year if there weren't religious days given to EVERYONE. So yippe-kay-yay. I'll take it. Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas you name it. I'm not Mexican either, but if people are celebrating lunch for Cinco De Mayo Day, I'm in even if it means eating shitty fake tacos and burritos as lunch. It's about having good times with people.

Who am I to tell people who enjoy Christmas for religious reasons or just as an excuse to have time off and shop? Go for it and have a good time. Why would I wanna be one of those assholes telling people to not celebrate it? Or any other popular holiday?

Last edited:
AoRwISu.png

I agree with this. Reset should be run by trans folks, and it doesn't make any sense that an affluent straight male is in charge. Cerium should undergo SRS immediately, if that's what is in his heart, or otherwise abdicate.

What the hell is "folx"? Is that just an alternative spelling of "folks"? And if so....why? Everytime I come into this thread I leave with more questions than answers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What has gotten the incident manager banned lmao

Well he clearly wanted to get "modded," but perhaps not like this...

What the hell is "folx"? Is that just an alternative spelling of "folks"? And if so....why? Everytime I come into this thread I leave with more questions than answers.

I think that's right. It might also be like "Latinx" where it's supposed to indicate enhanced gender inclusivity or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeilH1982

Banned

Best part of article is that it actually confirms the basis of thanksgiving was peaceful between pilgrims and natives. and that the relationship turned sour years later, yet tries to convince us that thanksgiving is based on lies. Like, WTF!?

Yes, he's got a ban. Checking for a reason now.

It's from that Death Stranding thread that's about a review from someone known as... Dunkey. (I'm very much out of touch, yes.) He got banned for five days for trolling across multiple messages, lol.

nush

It's from that Death Stranding thread that's about a review from someone known as... Dunkey. (I'm very much out of touch, yes.) He got banned for five days for trolling across multiple messages, lol.

Figures, I screencapped him trolling several times in a topic a few days ago. There goes his chances of being a mod now after bootlicking for two days. 😂

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well he clearly wanted to get "modded," but perhaps not like this...

I think that's right. It might also be like "Latinx" where it's supposed to indicate enhanced gender inclusivity or something.
LOL....................

Urban Dictionary Definition 1
folx
An alternate spelling of the noun "folks," first used in 2001 and popularized by tumblr in 2016. Mainstream and academic use is growing after adoption of the term by LGBTQ+ people, especially LGBTQ+ persons of color.

Use of the "X" emphasizes the existence of binary gender systems (especially in indigenous communities) and suggests support of and solidarity with people who are oppressed and/or marginalized.
Increasing protection for the most vulnerable folx in our society increases protection for us all.

Urban Dictionary Definition 2
folx
A strange, unnecessary misspelling of “folks” popularized by people who think using a gender-neutral term for an already gender-neutral word is woke.
Shout out to all my fellow strong independent womyn and LGBTABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ folx!!! #pussypower #lovewins #pleasegivemeattention

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Hey a now loosely understood collection of pagan rituals and some Christian traditions from ancient England is problematic for native americans.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member

Have you guys heard?

6 GAZILLION TRANS DIED THIS YEAR!!

They are just dropping by the HUNDREDS AS WE SPEAK!

I accidentally misgendered one earlier today and she exploded, just dust left..

Just in America alone....30 of them have died!

*BANG* shit another one!

Pay no attention to HOW they died (None of them were working in the sex industry..None do to drugs and/or involvement with drugs 🙄)
Dont look at the cases and see which were killed by loved ones or people in their own community.

Every Trans death this year was 100% Trans panic (which is why you need to need them to able to commit deception-rape, please understand)
Every Trans death was absolute due to Bigotry!

*POW* FUCK! did one of you guys just dead name?!?! That's like murder you fuckers!

*WARNING* Nazi Twitter link ahead!

Also, I dont give a single fuck the number of them dieing in Brazil, or Mexico...like, no fucking shit EVERYONE is getting murdered in Brazil or Mexico! Welcome to the club, your lady dick ain't gonna save you from a flip-flop wearing AK-47 live leak video or a badass cartel chainsaw video!

Pretty sure if I call someone the n-word here or outright troll gays and lesbians I'd be banned. They act like just because all of the super woke mods left NeoGaf transformed into some alt-right haven.

It makes sense when you realize they perceive things like they are in Attack on Titan.

Restera is the walls, and everything outside of it are alt-right nazi incels (titans) roaming about eating anyone they catch outside.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My boy is going off on his twitter too for his fans lol. Love this guy

Hahahaha.

It is only a 5 day ban though.

When he returns, he should do a round of Q&A with the forum to see if they think his DS badmouthing ban is fair or not. And then submit a ticket to Cerium to stricken his ban from his record.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What a bullshitter. His ban is 5 days. He'll be back on day one it's over.

Just watch. When Sunday or Monday comes around (whichever day is used as the 5 day term), he'll be back.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I can imagine the mods of Era in their secret Discord coming to the collective understanding that this is a small mercy for Hobbes. He really, really needs a break and to do some self reflection on how important he is to anyone on the internet. It was reaching the point where it wasn't even funny, just kind of sad.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
what does having to be straight or lgbt+ have to do anything with video games or even a video game forum
On paper, you'd think nothing. Youd think a gaming forum would be gaming first, and all other sections as who-gives-a-shit side topics to fill time.

In most message boards there are a few off-topic sections that crop up so people can discuss other things, so what happened is when a lot of the hardcore liberal lefties took off to Resetera, similar minded mods followed, and their off-topic section morphed heavily into politics, self-identity, sexuality, hatred, and the daily dumb fuck looking for attention chiming in with their two cent pity story looking for oooohs and ahhhhs.

All protected within their own walled garden off-topic section where public enemies are typically men, straight people, small town/urban folks with traditional lifestyles and anyone who has conservative views. Even democrats straddling the fence of moderate policies (BIden-ish views) are stricken as too righty.

I'm still waiting for them to criticize Obama for saying politics is being too left leaning hurting democrats get moderate voters. Not yet though. Might need Obama to give another zinger speech saying it again before the mob turns on Barack.

Last edited:
I'm honestly a bit confused about the fact that Hobbes has over 900 followers on Twitter (not a huge number, I know, but still) and he's getting like... close to zero reactions from any of them on anything he posts.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

To be fair, why should I shit on a game I haven't played and based on video reviews? I mean I can shit on Trails of Cold Steel II (I've played and finished it) but I won't shit on Mass Effect Andromeda because I've never played the game nor did I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom