• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My boy is going off on his twitter too for his fans lol. Love this guy

I kind of feel sorry for the guy, honestly. He thought he was *in* with his performance as an Ally in the recent events and they just shut him down like that. Hopefully he can find peace away from the place for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wjb12TN.png

🧠
Someone tint Khaleesi’s hair blue or green.
49563_600.jpg

Wow. I fucking HATE Hobbes. Me and him have had disagreements, BUT...and I HATE to say/admit this...but no lies detected.

If ree is pissing people like HIM off like it regularly used to piss ME off, jesus, you guys might be RIGHT about that site imploding in on itself.

They're eating themselves alive.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
5lhIu22.jpg

Rofl, rofl, rofl. Just rofl.

All I said was "I'm surprised they banned you. You are an incident manager after all." 🤷‍♂️
LOL.

Talk about a 180.

On Reeee, he's trying to be some kind of facilitator for the greater good.

Turns out, he dumps on DS (without playing it), gets banned (for only 5 days too. So let's be real, it's not like it's a monthly or permaban), rants on Twitter (like other idiots), and blocks people.

What a surprise. Turns out Mr Righteous Guy is actually a whiner.

Last edited:
I'm honestly a bit confused about the fact that Hobbes has over 900 followers on Twitter (not a huge number, I know, but still) and he's getting like... close to zero reactions from any of them on anything he posts.

Take a look at the interaction on his pinned tweet. Seems it went mini-viral. Whenever that happens to someone, they usually end up with a decent chunk of inactive followers. That's just the rules of social media.

TheContact

Everytime I see this person post, no matter the topic at hand, it's always about how the black person involved is entirely in the right and that if any other poster poses a question - let alone disagrees - they must be racist themselves. The level of victimhood and indignation on display would be funny if it wasn't so bizarre.

It's almost as if....he's the racist one. :unsure:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They're not even seen as individuals. I find that so crass. "she's lgbt, and she's trans even". As if that's the defining characteristic of them.

I'd feel sickened if someone wrote about me that way. Yikes
It's flip a coin time.

Heads: All people are equal. Nobody should bring up demographics which just splits us all up into pie slices and makes people feel isolated

Tails: Fuck the melting pot. It's all about being individuals, showcasing if you're a man, women, sexual/gender identity, and whether you like your toilet paper hanging over or underhanded

Looks like it coin bounced up tails.

nush

Z5uWTnR.png

You just know his fake ally grandstanding pissed the mods off and they waited until things calmed down to take care of him.

jb268vM.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I did more description about his real life job as an incident manager.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Z5uWTnR.png

You just know his fake ally grandstanding pissed the mods off and they waited until things calmed down to take care of him.
If I was Cerium and the staff trying to backpeddle and ease tensions, Hobbes is the last guy they need.

In his other post someone snapshotted, he claimed something like.............. "The staff don't believe they need to apologize, but are unbanning KetKat due to public outcry"

In other words, throwing them under the bus as pandering, as opposed to principle.

Some "Incident Manager" he is.

I'd like to see his real work.

"Hey everyone, I have feedback from everyone regarding the broken water cooler. After tallying all the info, Tom thinks that Susie fucked up breaking the plastic latch. Susie cried so much for getting water all over the carpet, Tom felt compelled to console her an hour later, but not because he believes it was an accident. But only because everyone complained her crying was as loud as a Boeing 747."

"Stayed tuned for my next update where I will tell everyone which person is hogging all the water, and the possibility of the owner saving money by instituting those crap triangle cone cups instead of letting you fill your water bottle."

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I almost hate to keep shitting on Hobbes but he brings it upon himself. I've worked in what people would consider "enterprise IT" ever since leaving college and incident managers haven't been a thing for a long time. Mainly because ITIL solutions pretty much do that job instead of actual people now. Instead managers (or even lowly supervisor-level people like me) take turns being the "problem manager" for a week or two. We gather information about high-visibility and critical incidents and then share that info in weekly or bi-weekly meetings to discuss how an organization can avoid them in the future (or who fucked up and needs firing). It's not a job title, just something we do along with our regular duties, again in turns, for a few hours a week. Hobbes keeps hyping up his job title and duties when it's something the rest of us do out of spite for barely any time at all, and consider it such an easy set of tasks that sometimes some of us managers or supervisors just flat out say that we didn't have time to follow up on some incident and no one gives a shit.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I almost hate to keep shitting on Hobbes but he brings it upon himself. I've worked in what people would consider "enterprise IT" ever since leaving college and incident managers haven't been a thing for a long time. Mainly because ITIL solutions pretty much do that job instead of actual people now. Instead managers (or even lowly supervisor-level people like me) take turns being the "problem manager" for a week or two. We gather information about high-visibility and critical incidents and then share that info in weekly or bi-weekly meetings to discuss how an organization can avoid them in the future (or who fucked up and needs firing). It's not a job title, just something we do along with our regular duties, again in turns, for a few hours a week. Hobbes keeps hyping up his job title and duties when it's something the rest of us do out of spite for barely any time at all, and consider it such an easy set of tasks that sometimes some of us managers or supervisors just flat out say that we didn't have time to follow up on some incident and no one gives a shit.

Which means it sounds like he’s new to the job and thinks it‘s special.

600Breezy

Unlike all those intolerant incels on Era, we’ll accept you here Hobbes.

I’ll put in a word with @EvilLore and get you a “freelance journalist” title.

Do it.

nush

JXr6ZsE.png

This is how much Era actually cares about trans issues, stickied topic for over 24 hours can't break 100 posts. All most member there care about is virtue signalling and fake outrage. The only reason that last topic blew up was because everyone realized they could ride the trans communities skirttails and air long held grievances with the mod team provided they framed it as "Careing about trans issues" without getting banned.

elektrokats

Banned
I am so happy I found this thread. Got banned for "supporting transphobia" just for finding the latest episode of South Park funny. I didn't even dismiss transgenders. I just said I thought the episode was funny and disagreed that Matt & Trey should be deplatformed.

I was never really on-board with their craziness and knew I would be banned eventually but did not think it would be for something so tame.

They really are a hoot to keep up with though. Some of the stuff that I've read from them just makes me wonder how these people function outside of their computer...

Last edited:

elektrokats

Banned
My entire exposure to Reset is based on this thread, but I can't imagine a community that is incapable of handling a discussion of.......The Joe Rogan podcast? What????

"Banned: Backseat moderation" hahahaha.
Oh my god don't even get me started on Joe Rogan threads...

"why are we still giving this nazi supporter a platform?"

IN EVERY FUCKING THREAD.

Like wtf? It is just a podcast with guests. These people make you choose between everything you like or their line of politics and thinking. Every day it is something new.

When it was Neil DeGrasse Tyson, I was just completely perplexed that anybody could honestly believe he is a peice of shit or a rapist. Like What. The. Fuck....

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So they added or promoted or something two new LGBT and trans admins/super mods.. But still demodded a gay black mod. Super progressive there people.

I still cannot believe Royalan was sacrificed like that and no one over there seems to give a shit. Apparently he wasn't even the person KetKat was talking about. Seriously got taken down by the mob for being in the vicinity and "fitting the description." Fucking gross as hell when you think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom