• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperbertha

AA34Hpg.jpg

duRPoEe.jpg

5JHYO3P.jpg

Jezbollah

I fucking love this thread.
The whole time I used to read shit on that forum, I was thinking to myself

"WTF is going on here, this shit is not normal"
"Why is everyone here transsexual?"

Now I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Thats the thing though. Almost all of those who use the pronoun feature identify as "he/him" or "she/her". Theres only few who are "they/them"

So the majority that use that feature there don't identify as trans, so they are straight and offended on the behalf of others.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Thats the thing though. Almost all of those who use the pronoun feature identify as "he/him" or "she/her". Theres only few who are "they/them"

So the majority that use that feature there don't identify as trans, so they are straight and offended on the behalf of others.
All over my head mate, as JKR said there are only two genders.

SCB3

This could be one to watch for the retcons now Chis Chan is a "Her".

Chris fucking Chan. :messenger_grimmacing_

Isn't there some kind of Farm for him?

Also, what do they think of DarkSydePhil?

Last edited:

Misc

What a shitshow in that cyberpunk thread... I struggle to find any of the banned comment even remotely offensive. What is weird however is how random these bans seems to be, following the reasonings of the bans, 90% of users in that thread should have been banned

I genuinely feel a little bad, do they actually believe this?

kmFhEi4.jpg

I wonder if they realize that if they can pack the courts, then we can unpack them just as easily? Packing the court relies on the Constitution only setting a minimum number of SCOTUS justices, so it can be reduced again by the exact same method they used if they did pack the court.

The judicial branch probably could not even block such a thing - separation of powers and conflict of interest. If the Justices in the new seats tried to fight it they could likely be arrested for impersonating a judge or other crimes.

notseqi

I am wondering, should I meet somebody in person I would would always ask who they are, but the previous conversation would not be about their gender because I don't care.
Is this an internet thing only?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Meanwhile in the stealth “let’s piss and moan about everything we hate on this forum in here because nobody read this thread” thread they’re already moaning about the closed thread.

Yes the behaviour on the forum has got more aggressive because that’s the environment that has been carefully cultivated on ResetERA. There is no conversation to be had, it’s just shouting at other posters, telling them how disgusting they are for having an alternate view to you, and that’s been classed as A OK by the admin team.

Not everything needs a justification and a reason for existing in a game. Christ almighty they think every last thing in a game has to be reasoned through. “Oh there’s a lamp here in the room, what’s the message they’re saying here? What reason is it in the room?”
Funnily enough the criticism suddenly died down after the mod posted in there. Also I mentioned that thread to a buddy of mine last night while were farming in WoW and he brought up an interesting view that I hadn't considered before.

He said "Well shit I bet most of those guys just use the thread for material"

"What do you mean?"

"Well by the way you describe it they post pictures of scantily clad women in games and complain right?"

"Right"

"Well what's to stop someone from just taking pictures of hot chicks from games and then pretending to complain about them, but in reality they are just using the thread as a repository for fap material?"

tenor.gif

Never once thought of that, but now that I think of it I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some of them do exactly that lol

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Funnily enough the criticism suddenly died down after the mod posted in there. Also I mentioned that thread to a buddy of mine last night while were farming in WoW and he brought up an interesting view that I hadn't considered before.

He said "Well shit I bet most of those guys just use the thread for material"

"What do you mean?"

"Well by the way you describe it they post pictures of scantily clad women in games and complain right?"

"Right"

"Well what's to stop someone from just taking pictures of hot chicks from games and then pretending to complain about them, but in reality they are just using the thread as a repository for fap material?"

tenor.gif

Never once thought of that, but now that I think of it I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some of them do exactly that lol
Someone make a thread of 'disgusting misogynistic images of big breasts'

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is it weird I see liberals as hipsters? Like those weird people that eat turkey burgers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Electret

• Cyberpunk is rife with pointless, tacky, offensive hypersexualization and transphobia that glorifies virtual representations of the vile and offensive. Clearly, the game is low-rent trash and CDPR should be canceled.
  • Cuties is a beautiful, poignant coming-of-age tale, and the (actual) exploitation of (real) humans isn't actual exploitation, but a brilliant way of spreading awareness about child exploitation and hypersexualization. Clearly, anyone who is offended is in fact the sick individual (not the producers, directors, writers or others actually involved in the film), and this film should be championed for the cause it supports and message it spreads.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I mean, if it's just a party of unseasoned ground turkey then yeah, it's a shitty burger.

Take a mix of breast and thigh meat cut into cubes, add in scoops of chilled bacon grease, salt, pepper, diced onions, and garlic. Run it through the grinder twice. Hand mix in an egg, Worcestershire sauce, and ground chicharron dust.

You now have a turkey burger that will get you all the bitches.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As someone permabanned from that hivemind shithole going on, oh three months now, trust me you won't miss it. You'll wonder why you ever posted there in the first place.

100%. I imagine it's kind of like managing to leave a cult.

Last edited by a moderator:

popcorn.gif
going through life which such a miserable view on things is that thread in a nutshell

Some Friendly advice Ree lurkers....Sometimes someone has a different view on things and it does not make them an asshole and is precisely what a "Teachable moment" is
it will teach you to stop being a miserable cunt

Nobody_Important

Last edited:

BigStef71

Neo Member
Anyone watch that bullshit emmy award show? Man these Hollywood fucks have really gone off the deep end. Do they realize they're just making people go against their agenda? Anyway it just reminded of your typical resetera posters. So delusional lol.

Anyone watch that bullshit emmy award show? Man these Hollywood fucks have really gone off the deep end. Do they realize they're just making people go against their agenda? Anyway it just reminded of your typical resetera posters. So delusional lol.
GAF is a place for people with self respect, so not very likely.

Nobody_Important

NEGATIVE TOLERANCE! They need to start proactively moderating. Maybe begin banning folks who haven't declared their support for trans causes in the last 30 days.
Honestly the whole Cyberpunk thing and now the Hogwarts Legacy thing has sent some people over there completely over the edge. You can complain about ALOT of things when it comes to Era, but the idea of the mods being "too soft" is downright stupid. Like crayons for breakfast stupid. There have been quite literally HUNDREDS of bans for Transphobia on Era. Where the fuck have these people been?

I support the trans community on Era and have done so since the site started, but their behavior this last week has left me scratching my head. They are making their community look like petulant children by continually stamping their feet and demanding bans for anyone and everyone that is excited for Cyberpunk or the Hogwarts game. Their anger is understandable though. I'm not dismissing that. They have valid reasons to be upset with both IPs, but this idea of "fuck the people who are excited for stuff!" Is just lunacy.

Astral Dog

Honestly the whole Cyberpunk thing and now the Hogwarts Legacy thing has sent some people over there completely over the edge. You can complain about ALOT of things when it comes to Era, but the idea of the mods being "too soft" is downright stupid. Like crayons for breakfast stupid. There have been quite literally HUNDREDS of bans for Transphobia on Era. Where the fuck have these people been?

I support the trans community on Era and have done so since the site started, but their behavior this last week has left me scratching my head. They are making their community look like petulant children by continually stamping their feet and demanding bans for anyone and everyone that is excited for Cyberpunk or the Hogwarts game. Their anger is understandable though. I'm not dismissing that. They have valid reasons to be upset with both IPs, but this idea of "fuck the people who are excited for stuff!" Is just lunacy.
I don't agree their anger is understandable or reasonable, its far too extreme and the Cyberpunk drama is an embarrassing case of screaming over nothing, what stops them from raging over any other game that doesn’t fit their ideal? the Ubisoft thing brought much less noise and controversy when they actually had a case there. But nope authors/developers are demonized because they don't bend to their will and even dare to answer with fairly innofensive jokes

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned

Just reading the reasons on some of the many bans on that page is literally making me laugh out loud.

User Banned (1 Month) Attacking the Community, History of Sexist Commentary

User Banned (2 weeks): Inflammatory whtaboutism, misappropriating arguments about accessibility for the disabled

User Banned (1 Month): Agreeing with an inflammatory dismissal of concerns around objectification

User banned (5 days): Dismissing Concerns of Sexism and Attempting to Shut Down Discussion

User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory dismissal of concerns around objectification, very low post account

User Banned (1 Month): Mocking Other Members as "Loud Voices" and Dismissing Concerns of Sexism. Prior Ban for Dismissing BLM as an "America-only" Issue.

User banned (2 Weeks): Personal attacks against other members and dismissing concerns of sexism

User banned (1 Month): Mischaracterizing criticism of sexist objectification as prudishness

User Banned (1 Month): Defending sexist objectification, prior ban for dismissing transphobia in a Cyberpunk thread

That's just embarrassing lol. Don't post enough? That's ammo for a ban. Say anything bad about Reeeeeee? Ban ammo. Agree with someone else? Ban worthy. Been banned for anything before? Well that's just cause for another ban!

Oh and here's a cracker from the Dave Chapelle thread:

User Banned (Permanent): Repeatedly Trolling Threads About Problematic Comedians Despite Receiving Prior Long Bans For This

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member

Just reading the reasons on some of the many bans on that page is literally making me laugh out loud.

That's just embarrassing lol. Don't post enough? That's ammo for a ban. Say anything bad about Reeeeeee? Ban ammo. Agree with someone else? Ban worthy. Been banned for anything before? Well that's just cause for another ban!

Oh and here's a cracker from the Dave Chapelle thread:
Seems like a full-time job to be a moderator there. Jesus...

teezzy

Banned
I dont understand why distinguishing between cisgendered and transgendered women is a bad thing. You can both be socially classified as women in my book, but like isnt that why those terms exist? One implies being physically born a woman, and the other means you had to transition. It seems demeaning to pretend like they're the same thing to me. Like own your shit, idk.

teezzy

Banned
What's weird about Era is that nobody seems happy to be posting there. The mods are stressed out, the members dont feel safe because they think the mods are too strict or (somehow) not strict enough. It's such a weird community at this point. No fun allowed: the forum.

Like, "Oooh theres raunchy fake ads in my cyberpunk game! I don't like this at all, and anyone who disagrees should catch a 1 month or be permed!!"who would ever wanna associate with someone like that? Then they go and love that WAP song or whatever, it's so confusing. Let women celebratetheir sexuality, but never men. Okay, got it.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
In the Chapelle thread:

The post is literally:

Sticks & Stones was a great special. Look forward to more from Chapelle.

No quoting anyone, nothing remotely ban worthy there...........................wrong, BANNED!

User Banned (Duration Pending After Review by Admin): Dismissive Drive-By Post Regarding Bigotry; Prior Severe Ban for Dismissing Racism

I was going to post a screenshot from a thread and reply with a funny gif but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the amount of retardation at the moment and I can't decide which thread to pick.

Malpractice by doctors and Food poisoning by chefs is the same as a comedian bombing a joke / not making everyone laugh. Wtf?

Bunch of humorless twats who don't understand what comedy and jokes are at the same time being offended on behalf of others.

Last edited:
Amazing that they can ban all these people and the site keeps rolling on. They don't have that many registered people online, a few thousand, and typically it's only a small chunk that actually post and yet they keep massacring them and more come through the door.

It's a meat grinder. Each time they do this the site must move one step further into craziness.

teezzy

Banned
Like if you have a duck and a chicken, but then the chicken has all these surgeries to become reasonably indistinguishable from the duck and is like "yeah I'm a duck too" I'd say "yeah, I can see that.", then they go, "actually I was always a duck... I just resembled a chicken." I think I'd start wondering how a duck is talking to me more than anything at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom