• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

notseqi

Like if you have a duck and a chicken, but then the chicken has all these surgeries to become reasonably indistinguishable from the duck and is like "yeah I'm a duck too" I'd say "yeah, I can see that.", then they go, "actually I was always a duck... I just resembled a chicken." I think I'd start wondering how a duck is talking to me more than anything at this point
Go to bed, bruv.

HotPocket69

Banned

Great thread

7nFJxaf.jpg

8qVVisO.png

EthanKart

Banned
Stock in the trans community has never been higher. Cannot wait to see some of the graveyard threads when Cyberpunk and Harry Potter get closer to release.

nush

cormack12

Gold Member
Oh they finally found a way to carve out an opportunity for hate against MM and the Police (even worse because his dad was POLICE!!! ACAB, Reeeeeeee

HotPocket69

Banned
Oh they finally found a way to carve out an opportunity for hate against MM and the Police (even worse because his dad was POLICE!!! ACAB, Reeeeeeee

Are they calling Miles a coon yet? I know that’s an Era fav

nush

W1ENHIe.png

Resetera member gets cucked (No Surprise), helpfully shares the name of the app so he could potentially get cucked more. The way he opens with that is so viral marketing "Meet bored housewife's with this App!".

chris121580

I feel like CD Project Red employees all gather in a meeting room and put up Resetera posts on the big screen and laugh their ass off. That board is just becoming more and more pathetic everyday. I play video games to escape the real word. Keep that politically correct shit out of video games

Last edited:

edbrat

W1ENHIe.png

Resetera member gets cucked (No Surprise), helpfully shares the name of the app so he could potentially get cucked more. The way he opens with that is so viral marketing "Meet bored housewife's with this App!".

While this post may reinforce some of the stereotypes of reset members, if it's true he has my sympathy. Hopefully he has the capabilities to deal with this while minimising the impact on his kids' lives.

Pejo

Tuff McNutt

Imagine trying to talk about sex and dating with these people. "Hey look at that girl over there she's really hot." "Should I go talk to her?" "No way." "First, she might not be a woman, and secondly talking to her without a consent form is harassment. " "Now let's continue talking about The View. "

You're assuming

1) they actually leave their parent's basment
2) they would go to a bar, or really anywhere people mingle
3) they have talked to someone they're attracted to (regardless of gender/sexual orientation) and actually been successful in getting a date, much less a number, or even social media invite

A lot of people there consider themselves "asexuals" because they're pathetic shut-ins and also they're a lot of the same anti-sex and/or sexuality brigade. because if they can't get any, no one else should, either, or even entertain sexual thoughts.

sobaka770

Banned
Like if you have a duck and a chicken, but then the chicken has all these surgeries to become reasonably indistinguishable from the duck and is like "yeah I'm a duck too" I'd say "yeah, I can see that.", then they go, "actually I was always a duck... I just resembled a chicken." I think I'd start wondering how a duck is talking to me more than anything at this point

I think there is nuance there. If you are truly transgender and you want to feel like a woman, then for your sake we should address and recognise you as one. It's a nice thing to do to a person who has a very limiting condition.
However as always we lose that nuance and now it's about rejecting base biology by having transitioned people compete against biological women, screaming from rooftops for every cross-dresser etc.

It's not that hard: if you're diagnosed with gender dysphoria, if you feel like your body rejects you, if you're doing therapy and operations then this is something hard and we should be sensitive. But there are limits to what we can do and this needs to be recognised and not batted away for the sense of fake equality. Transgender people can never become fully female in certain areas just as I can't become black by wishing it. It's a sad reality for them but if we had a reasonable set of rules for what's necessary: acceptance, proper pronouns, and what's the limit: sorry but male body will always outcompete female body, cross-dressers don't get same benefits if they are undiagnosed etc. then we woudln't have many issues imo.

teezzy

Banned
I think there is nuance there. If you are truly transgender and you want to feel like a woman, then for your sake we should address and recognise you as one. It's a nice thing to do to a person who has a very limiting condition.
However as always we lose that nuance and now it's about rejecting base biology by having transitioned people compete against biological women, screaming from rooftops for every cross-dresser etc.

It's not that hard: if you're diagnosed with gender dysphoria, if you feel like your body rejects you, if you're doing therapy and operations then this is something hard and we should be sensitive. But there are limits to what we can do and this needs to be recognised and not batted away for the sense of fake equality. Transgender people can never become fully female in certain areas just as I can't become black by wishing it. It's a sad reality for them but if we had a reasonable set of rules for what's necessary: acceptance, proper pronouns, and what's the limit: sorry but male body will always outcompete female body, cross-dressers don't get same benefits if they are undiagnosed etc. then we woudln't have many issues imo.

That was a surprisingly well thought out response and definitely worth considering. Thanks for that.

eot

Banned
Funnily enough the criticism suddenly died down after the mod posted in there. Also I mentioned that thread to a buddy of mine last night while were farming in WoW and he brought up an interesting view that I hadn't considered before.

He said "Well shit I bet most of those guys just use the thread for material"

"What do you mean?"

"Well by the way you describe it they post pictures of scantily clad women in games and complain right?"

"Right"

"Well what's to stop someone from just taking pictures of hot chicks from games and then pretending to complain about them, but in reality they are just using the thread as a repository for fap material?"

tenor.gif

Never once thought of that, but now that I think of it I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some of them do exactly that lol
Someone should make a "why men appreciate sexualized character designs" thread here and just post the same images lol

I kept seeing Harry Potter on 2 for discount deal and I didn't resist this time when passing at the store. Not that I haven't tried reading them before, in fact I borrowed them before the first movie was ever a thing but I've always been someone who can't read books at all. I don't even consider the books I have supposedly read to be books I've read. I forget them and take nothing away from them. In fact I think I'm daydreaming while reading them. It's hard to get past the first book because it's for children obviously. I'll see how it goes. They obviously sell a boatload of these because the paperback is quite nice to read in terms of cover, font size, spacing and special texts etc.

But I'm trying to ENJOY reading or at least be aware that I AM reading, and women my age like Harry Potter which is the big bonus if it ever comes to that. Would've helped me last time around.

800px-J._K._Rowlings_1999.jpg

The things I would do to Yung JK. ✌👅

Sorry, just all this talk of Harry Potter.

VN1X

Banned
I feel like CD Project Red employees all gather in a meeting room and put up Resetera posts on the big screen and laugh their ass off. That board is just becoming more and more pathetic everyday. I play video games to escape the real word. Keep that politically correct shit out of video games
That just made me realize how perfect it would be if CDPR pulled a reverse DICE! Like on the release party they should totally have giant banners with all these posts displayed while they celebrate the launch of their game and all the money they're (hopefully) raking in. It'd be perfect. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

JSoup

Banned
That just made me realize how perfect it would be if CDPR pulled a reverse DICE! Like on the release party they should totally have giant banners with all these posts displayed while they celebrate the launch of their game and all the money they're (hopefully) raking in. It'd be perfect. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Or do like Guacamelee and have a short level that's nothing but troll posts.

Elcid

Banned
Just read some guy who got cucked on resetera and lost my shit laughing. Beta male gets cucked and wonders why.

Malakhov

Banned
Last edited:

nush

Just read some guy who got cucked on resetera and lost my shit laughing. Beta male gets cucked and wonders why.

I liked the part where he gave a shoutout to the app she was using, just so you know where all the horny housewife's are getting low key action without using one of the bigger apps where she might get noticed.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I liked the part where he gave a shoutout to the app she was using, just so you know where all the horny housewife's are getting low key action without using one of the bigger apps where she might get noticed.
He might as well asked people to download the app and plough his wife. There is too much information anyone should be giving out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom