• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral Dog

Her posts which were insanely construed as "transphobic" if I remember correctly were basically her responding to trans women saying they know what it's like to be a women. And I remember one of her posts said something like I'm a woman I've been born a woman, I'm a woman my entire life. You can't pretend to know what it's like to be a woman unless you were born one and have been one your entire life. Which is true. That in no way "attacks" trans people.

Notice how all things that are "considered anti-trans" are always major projections? It's never "TRANS PEOPLE SUCK! FUCK TRANS PEOPLE!" because no one ever fucking says that. Because in 2020 pretty much everyone accepts trans people. So they have to create new ways to be victims since logical and real ones don't exist.

JK was trying to empower women who are being pushed aside when now trans women who've been men for half their lives can act like they have the same exact life experiences as biological women when they can't even fucking menstruate. They don't have to fear being sexually assaulted for their entire lives like biological women do. And she's right.

Not a single person can point to a tangible factual circumstance in which someone was "harmed" by JK Rowling's posts.
I don't agree with painting JK Rowling as a monster,but tbf despite not passing through the exact same experiences, its not like (real) trans women aren't treated as bad, or even WORSE than biological women in some cases, or that they shouldn't fear sexual assault or violence

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't agree with painting JK Rowling as a monster,but tbf despite not passing through the exact same experiences, its not like (real) trans women aren't treated as bad, or even WORSE than biological women in some cases, or that they shouldn't fear sexual assault or violence
I'm sure they are in cases, I'm talking particularly about before transitioning when you still carry yourself as a man. Women are victims of sexual assault at far greater numbers than men are. Regardless, it's not some contest to see who is treated worse, she was trying to say that unless you've been something your whole life you can't act like you know what the entire life experience is.

If you transitioned to a woman tomorrow to say you know exactly what it's like to be a woman would be disingenuous.

And frankly, that's my interjecting, JK didn't even really go that far or bluntly with it.

nush

3Pnev4X.png

Ionian

That dude constantly posts absolute bollocks.

Thinks talking to a girl for a week and after 3 days she wants to meet up and it's weird?

As for the rest of his post, if he was trolling I'd say git-gud, based on his previous posts though I'd say he isn't.

Imagine being 24 and behaving like a toddler, imagine the shame. He feels none, is shame simply a social construct?

Last edited:

Ionian

I clicked, 18 pages, then between clicking 19 pages... holy fuck.

real time post edit 20 pages!

real time post edit 21 pages!

real time post edit 22 pages!

real time post edit 21 pages! I'm not reading this shit, just F5-ing.

24 pages, I'm bored of this shit now.

I'm still reading about 5,000 dead animals. I dunno if I can handle this just yet.

teezzy

Banned

Cunt Eras back in force, just remember this when they "You are loved" to the next Era poster that makes an suicide post. They really are nasty little fuckers.

Yes.

Where's all the bans now?

recma12

l0w12xw.jpg

RIP Mendinso's REE Account

Let's remember him with some of his iconic words.

A user literally DM'd me and went on a tangent and I literally asked them to not message me after a thread literally back-fired. It's all because I literally asked Era: "Why aren't you talking about the protests?"

Ionian

Yes.

Where's all the bans now?

The posts are honestly shocking, even by their own standards which is extremely low.

Will be fun to watch them all not get banned though. Even if they did ban them they'd lose half their user-base again.

#1 video game forum on the internet! (Which also wishes death on presidents)

Also the manager is "on break" but keeps posting. Morale is high!

Last edited:

nush

The posts are honestly shocking, even by their own standards which is extremely low.

Will be fun to watch them all not get banned though. Even if they did ban them they'd lose half their user-base again.

#1 video game forum on the internet! (Which also wishes death on presidents)

Also the manager is "on break" but keeps posting. Morale is high!

Now they get the triple disappointment of him

A) Not dying

B) Going on to win the election

C) Biden getting Covid, from Trump.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ionian

Now they get the triple disappointment of him

A) Not dying

B) Going on to win the election

C) Biden getting Covid, from Trump.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I feel horrible for wishing this happens but sure why the fuck not? I think people are just exhausted and very rightfully so.

I still however think it's funny and if anyone wants to fight me, i'll be in the schoolyard once classes end. No knives, knuckle-dusters are OK. Gentleman's rules.

recma12

How the fuck does someone not feel safe on ResetEra?? Its a forum.

What they mean by "safe" is place similar to Shangri-La, where nobody ever challenges your views.
You'd need to look at the upbringing, education and/or therapy history of these people.
Chances are that they:

a) mentally challenged
b) on medication
c) were ruined by "hands off" parenting, hipster teachers and therapy sessions

The internet gives these people the chance to dig in further and further, only talk amongst each other in fringe groups.
At some point as place like ERA will look like a right wing shithole to you.

Acting all tough and strong on Twitter.... can't exist on ERA anymore lol

betrayal

Banned
"full alt-right"?

What thread is that? I seem to have missed it.

Anyone got a link? Kinda bored being not alt-right myself.

Why do you still take the people there seriously?

A not exactly small part of them urgently need help in life and psychotherapy. Online forums can quickly become a reservoir of such unstable and mentally ill people. Resetera has unfortunately become an extreme example.

And yes, I am dead serious. Many of them are seriously ill and need immediate support. Lots of people have experienced broken families, a bad childhood or other things that are not so obvious at first.

Last edited:
That trump thread is gross, it might even outdo the Etika thread in terms of the number of folks getting away with wishing literal death to someone.

The mods are fucking cowards over there.

Ionian

Why do you still take the people there seriously?

A not exactly small part of them urgently need help in life and psychotherapy. Online forums can quickly become a reservoir of such unstable and mentally ill people. Resetera has unfortunately become an extreme example.

And yes, I am dead serious. Many of them are seriously ill and need immediate support. Lots of people have experienced broken families, a bad childhood or other things that are not so obvious at first.

Erm ...

Ahhh ..

I wasn't serious? I was taking the piss.

Happy to help by the way!

Clown-shoes thread is renamed but if you really really try, you just might find it!

Last edited:

Ionian

He was a successful Youtuber, not well and said some edgelord stuff I think.

You forgot the part about some Mod being happy he should end his life after he posted a suicide threat.

Then he committed suicide, the reversal on that thread was sickening. Can't remember the mod.

He went on a rant, told everyone to fuck off and asked to be banned.

No loss.

What happens to guy like that, who has clearly made the resetera code a big part of his life, goes so far off the reservation he's starting to believe his comrades are right-wing? What next for him?

I feel bad for him really. He's not too bright, he's swallowed the whole thing down whole because it excuses his inadequacies. He's not longer a fat, badly coordinated loser who can't even get hook-ups on Grindr. Now he's legally disabled and a bona fide victim of oppression. He's a crusader. Except now he isn't anymore. Without Ree he's back to being a podgy loner sitting in his flat all day trying to catfish men and failing to play videogames. He probably can't even work out how to delete his cookies so he can lurk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom