• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saruhashi

Banned
iFDQSJz.png

I do not understand what in the hell people like this are expecting? They are safe, nobody is picking on them or talking bad about them. Nobody is attacking them and they are free to do and say as they please?
Why in the fuck do they feel they have the fucking right to push their shit on everyone else?
"Inclusive space" does not mean you are better than other people and does not mean you can bully other people. AND fucking cuckold era even gives them the freedom to thread shit and give the ban dildo to anyone that pretty much tries to speak up.
Nobody with any authority on era has the sack to stand up or say anything because then their own shit gets put into the light and whichever persecuted group they rep for.

Yeah, in this context "feeling safe" would have to mean "not even seeing words that make me feel challenged". This is really impossible on any Internet forum since differences of opinion will occur.

"CDPR are transpbobic" is not even an objective fact in itself so you need to have extreme moderation practices if you want to not even have that premise challenged at all. Never mind adding "I don't even want to see their game being mentioned here at all, ever, unless its to criticise the developers."

Ultimately its like saying you don't feel safe unless you have not only complete control of what gets posted but also have a unbeatable security system set up so that there isn't even the chance of seeing some naughty opinion.

Last edited:
h0fy3jz.png

It's called Cyberpunk 2077 because there are 2077 posts and counting crying about muh transphobia.

She/he/zey have a fucking 40 page CDPR IS TRANSPHOBIC!!! thread pinned to the top of the website, but that's not enough, they NEED to enter every other fucking thread just to troll, guilt, harass, and shit on everyone. On any sane forum, this would be breaking 10 or more guidelines, from trolling to drive-by posting. But Kyuji is a God on that forum, worshipped by a large number of users and mods alike. Her vile, nasty behaviour is celebrated and validated.

TVexperto

She/he/zey have a fucking 40 page CDPR IS TRANSPHOBIC!!! thread pinned to the top of the website, but that's not enough, they NEED to enter every other fucking thread just to troll, guilt, harass, and shit on everyone. On any sane forum, this would be breaking 10 or more guidelines, from trolling to drive-by posting. But Kyuji is a God on that forum, worshipped by a large number of users and mods alike. Her vile, nasty behaviour is celebrated and validated.
i really don’t understand how he is not banned yet after those shitty takes in every cyberpunk thread. he is even breaking the specific rules the mods put under the text box

i really don’t understand how he is not banned yet after those shitty takes in every cyberpunk thread. he is even breaking the specific rules the mods put under the text box
It's thread derailing and harassment, but nothing is done to her/it by the moderation team for some reason. I lurk there, but I would never want to be a member there. That would be like driving past a mental asylum and choosing to be a resident in it. The constant badgering in the cyberpunk threads is disgusting and I can't see why the moderation team allows it.

Ol'Scratch

It's thread derailing and harassment, but nothing is done to her/it by the moderation team for some reason. I lurk there, but I would never want to be a member there. That would be like driving past a mental asylum and choosing to be a resident in it. The constant badgering in the cyberpunk threads is disgusting and I can't see why the moderation team allows it.
There was some huge todo there a bit back, where mods were getting called out and various other things because there was a belief that the trans community was not getting the same "respect" or power that minority threads and similar groups got. I think many threatened to quit or something along those lines.
There was a big community thread and admin post type thing and since then they get free reign

Ol'Scratch

They are some vindictive hags. It looks to me like anyone who remotely dissents, even other trans or gay members are getting banned with no tag because they are going post history hunting.

Daffy Duck

They won’t do shit, they know if they ban her it’s KetKat2.0 and then all hell
Breaks loose.

Last edited:
I don't get it, why they hate Cyberpunk 2077 so much? did any of the staffs trigger them during the marketing campaign or something?
So cyberpunk as a genre is all about satirizing consumerism and corporatism. To reflect this, Cyberpunk 2077 has ads that take the "sex sells" mindset and ratchets it up to 11. Specifically there is an ad for a soda/energy drink which shows a lady in a leotard, and you can see the outline of a massive dick pressing up against it. The ad reads "Mix it up!" to reflect both the gimmick of mixing the flavors of the drink, and appeal to people who like chicks with dicks. REEE decided that any depiction like that is harmful to trans people no matter the context, and now they want it to crash and burn because CDPR won't apologize for their perceived slight.

Picture for context.
8Y9aCIe.jpg

So cyberpunk as a genre is all about satirizing consumerism and corporatism. To reflect this, Cyberpunk 2077 has ads that take the "sex sells" mindset and ratchets it up to 11. Specifically there is an ad for a soda/energy drink which shows a lady in a leotard, and you can see the outline of a massive dick pressing up against it. The ad reads "Mix it up!" to reflect both the gimmick of mixing the flavors of the drink, and appeal to people who like chicks with dicks. REEE decided that any depiction like that is harmful to trans people no matter the context, and now they want it to crash and burn because CDPR won't apologize for their perceived slight.

Picture for context.
8Y9aCIe.jpg
Wut? they wanted trans to be widely recognized but at the same time they're unable to accept any kind of depiction of transgender characters in that game. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

nush

Wut? they wanted trans to be widely recognized but at the same time they're unable to accept any kind of depiction of transgender characters in that game. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Unrealistic expectations seems to be part of the core experience for the MtoF Trans trenders that are on Ree.

Once you realize they only tolerate positive portrayals as valid forms of representation, the way they act makes a lot more sense. See, this isnt representation to them, its fetishization. It doesnt matter that the fact they are being portrayed as a sex object is meant to be a criticism of the way companies advertise. It doesnt matter that there is a gang in game that is implied to have trans members, and we might interact with trans characters who are actually characters. Nope, to them the depiction of trans people in an unfavorable way is unforgivable, no matter the context. They made an ad that objectifies a trans person, so they MUST be transphobic and therefore deserve to burn.

TastyPastry

don't understand why people do risk getting banned in those cyberpunk threads. just ignore to screetching, talk about the game, that's honestly enough to piss them off because if you do that you are simply refusing to acknowledge how much they are being opressed by cdpr and the white supremacist mike pondsmith. their stickied trans awareness thread barely has any engagement even on resetera so they are resorting to outrage bait posts and shitting up every cyberpunk discussion thread. don't take the bait, just discuss the game and watch them seethe.

nush

don't understand why people do risk getting banned in those cyberpunk threads. just ignore to screetching, talk about the game, that's honestly enough to piss them off because if you do that you are simply refusing to acknowledge how much they are being opressed by cdpr and the white supremacist mike pondsmith. their stickied trans awareness thread barely has any engagement even on resetera so they are resorting to outrage bait posts and shitting up every cyberpunk discussion thread. don't take the bait, just discuss the game and watch them seethe.

The normal gamers have just got pissed off with everything you've listed.

Ionian

It will be GOTY, not only for people who like games;

But also for the oppression Olympics.

I'm literally shaking right now (In anticipation for the fun)

Ionian

The fact these idiots get wound up over a video-game will never not be funny.

I'm not even interested in buying it but the fact their screeches make it more popular is beyond funny.

Cyberpunk 2077, the light in the dark of 2020.

Dampf

Just a thought, why can't we raise Trans Awareness here, but doing it in a much better way than Era, like without insulting/harassment and really breaking down what the problems are, help providing support and solutions. It would be kind of funny if we achieve much more that way.

Last edited:

Misc

Not me. He/She/It knows where they are posting at and the reprcussions of doing so. Plenty of places on the internet that won't berate you for enjoying a game and putting updates up.
I would avoid these kind of generalisations, there’s plenty of decent people in era and black chamber certainly looks like one of them. Regardless of which forum he was posting on, I don’t think he deserves such a treatment.

Remember that precisely what these lunatics want is to normalise shitting on everyone who doesn’t behave exactly as the hivemind wants, and will go to any lengths to bring someone down. It’s clear that this guy is their next target, and I can only praise him for not giving them any reason for a ban.

Folks like black chamber are precisely what is needed to expose how much these people are full of shit. The more successful that cyberpunk op thread is, the more these sad fucks in the transphobia thread will boil in their rage.

TastyPastry

some mad lad created another hype thread lmao

Just a thought, why can't we raise Trans Awareness here, but doing it in a much better way than Era, like without insulting/harassment and really breaking down what the problems are, help providing support and solutions. It would be kind of funny if we achieve much more that way.
Go for it if you want to. Just know theres a solid chance it's going to devolve into arguing about whether minors should be allowed to transition. That seems to be the hot button issue that keeps coming up in trans discussions, and without a mod team cracking down with an iron fist I expect it to become the central conversation instead of the intended positivity.

Ionian

Not even gonna bother screen-shotting this. Very funny thread though.

TVexperto

what the fuck. did anybody see the last few posts on the pinned CDPR transphobia thread?

they are literally calling out other users and stirring up hate against those users. making screenshots of those posts and laughing about them.

funny that they are against hate but somehow are spreading so much hate on ERA themselves...

SbTOu97.png

Misc

what the fuck. did anybody see the last few posts on the pinned CDPR transphobia thread?

they are literally calling out other users and stirring up hate against those users. making screenshots of those posts and laughing about them.

funny that they are against hate but somehow are spreading so much hate on ERA themselves...

SbTOu97.png

🤔

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Unrealistic expectations seems to be part of the core experience for the MtoF Trans trenders that are on Ree.
So man are self-conscious about their dicks even after transition, interesting. There is truly no way out from this curse..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom