• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyussman

Just a thought, why can't we raise Trans Awareness here, but doing it in a much better way than Era, like without insulting/harassment and really breaking down what the problems are, help providing support and solutions. It would be kind of funny if we achieve much more that way.
We could do that.....or we could keep it as a video game discussion place.
You see what happens when you let these sort of issues infect discussion when people just want to talk about video games.....I'm sure there are many places people can go on the internet to discuss Trans issues if it's important to them.

Last edited:

Misc

Sorry, meant to reply with a screenshot of thread rules about personal attacks in the thread but apparently I can’t really use gaf on mobile.

btw, meant to post this (from the cdpr transphobia thread rules):
“Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, direct or indirect, whether they’re participating in this thread or not.”
Nice to see that some users are above these rules...

Daffy Duck

Aside from locking every CP77 thread where the fuck are the mods at whilst all this shit is going down?

They jumped in an emergency bunker waiting for it to sort itself out so they don’t have to make a decision?

Corpsepyre

Banned
We could do that.....or we could keep it as a video game discussion place.
You see what happens when you let these sort of issues infect discussion when people just want to talk about video games.....I'm sure there are many places people can go on the internet to discuss Trans issues if it's important to them.

There's nothing wrong with having a thread on this forum, provided it's moderated well and free of people who don't want to engage but enjoy trolling. There's an off-topic discussion tab here for a reason. I'm sure having this discussion matters to some people here, and it doesn't hurt raising awareness

Last edited:

kyussman

There's nothing wrong with having a thread on this forum, provided it's moderated well and free of people who don't want to engage but enjoy trolling. There's an off-topic discussion tab here for a reason. I'm sure having this discussion matters to some people here, and it doesn't hurt raising awareness
Off topic...sure,no issues there.
I mean like what's happening over on Resetera where people are being looked down on for simply wanting to talk about a game in a game thread.

Off topic...sure,no issues there.
I mean like what's happening over on Resetera where people are being looked down on for simply wanting to talk about a game in a game thread.
I think the better moderation of GAF would ensure that threads aren't just turned into shitshows of people screeching TRANS RIGHTS and posters would instead be held accountable for derailing topics.

Dries

TVexperto

Total Civil War: the game
It really is. Its absolutely out of control and mods are doing jackshit. Or did they abandon the ship?

kyussman

I think the better moderation of GAF would ensure that threads aren't just turned into shitshows of people screeching TRANS RIGHTS and posters would instead be held accountable for derailing topics.
Well that's true.Personally when I enter a video game thread I'm not going into it to discuss Trans issues,I've no interest in the topic.
As long as people are allowed to have no interest in a topic then I've no issues....what's happening at Resetera right now is that people are basically telling others what to think.....if you aren't interested in discussing Trans issues regarding Cyberpunk 2077 then you are some sort of monster.It's complete bollocks.
I'm not a big fan of being told what I should or shouldn't be thinking about.People are allowed to have issues that they are passionate about and people are allowed to have zero interest in the same issues.

trouble with trans awareness threads on a forum that allows debate is that there are several points of debate that will never get settled and the thread will just end up revolving around them.

Transwomen in sport
Transwomen in women-only spaces (prisons, changing rooms, refuges etc)
The ethics of medicalised treatment pathways for adolescents and children

I don't want to get into a debate about these topics because this is not the place but they are essentially unresolvable issues which people feel strongly about and for which there are strong arguments on both sides. On resetera you can have a trans awareness thread because people know better than to argue against whatever is the 'house position' on these debates but in the real world, your thread will end up being about one or more of these issues and will go round and round.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this one is annoying af. the trans loonies are really shitting up the place w endless thread whining.

2xwWI3D.jpg

TVexperto

Well that's true.Personally when I enter a video game thread I'm not going into it to discuss Trans issues,I've no interest in the topic.
As long as people are allowed to have no interest in a topic then I've no issues....what's happening at Resetera right now is that people are basically telling others what to think.....if you aren't interested in discussing Trans issues regarding Cyberpunk 2077 then you are some sort of monster.It's complete bollocks.
I'm not a big fan of being told what I should or shouldn't be thinking about.People are allowed to have issues that they are passionate about and people are allowed to have zero interest in the same issues.
Very well written and I agree. But I also had to think how you would get banned over there for "dismissing concerns about transphobia" over there.
The CP2077 threads are for discussions about the game, they already have a stickied thread where they can shit on CDPR, no need to shit in the other CP2077 threads as well where people actually want to discuss the game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
mNJLS3e.jpg

you know what fosters a feeling of hatred? probably shutting off all discussion of a game. like i would think that would foster a feeling a hatred, having a tiny minority group stopping people from discussing a game at all.

as usual no fucking self awareness to be found. it's always someone else's fault.

chris121580

They just wanted to shit up that thread which they've done. The last 3 pages are full of garbage although I really enjoy seeing Claven finally being called out for his bullshit. That guy might be the worst poster on that board

This is good. They should man up and make a firm decision.
The thread is also showing the hypocrisy of some of the activists.
They think of themselves as kings that can do no wrong. Quite satisfying to see the opinions. I think more and more people are finally opening their eyes. Living under a bubble is not doing them any good.

kyussman

Very well written and I agree. But I also had to think how you would get banned over there for "dismissing concerns about transphobia" over there.
The CP2077 threads are for discussions about the game, they already have a stickied thread where they can shit on CDPR, no need to shit in the other CP2077 threads as well where people actually want to discuss the game.
Yea,of course I'd be banned...there is no freedom of speech on that forum....you are literally told what you can and can't say,lol.
I would have no freedom to say..."I've no interest in Trans issues" on that forum and get away with it.

Pidull

The desire to cancel CP2077 baffles me to no end.

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Jack Thompson. I'd take his bullshit over the current state of things any time.

TVexperto

c1tPvie.png

Where exactly are users actively encouraging people to ignore trans voices in the CP2077 thread? I mean if someone would do that they would def get banned.

Also they are now FORCED to push their agenda down everybodys throat because fuck free will right?

TastyPastry

Aside from locking every CP77 thread where the fuck are the mods at whilst all this shit is going down?

They jumped in an emergency bunker waiting for it to sort itself out so they don’t have to make a decision?

they are in a difficult situation because transera isn't satisfied with how the situation is unfolding. not enough people are taking the bait and getting banned. people have mostly learned that it's pointless to talk to these people and that all you are getting for trying is a perm ban for "downplaying issues around transphobia" or something like that if you are not 100% agreeing with their world view so they are all on someone's ignore list or people simply don't respond to them anymore.

they self admitted that the low engagement in the trans awareness thread and the lack of interest in their perceived issues is mighty triggering to them. they are trying to escalate things further by shitting up the remaining cyberpunk threads. but they are unable to because eventually mods have to step in and stop the shitposting as it just getting too blatant. i think they might change their strategy and push for a complete ban of cyberpunk discussion fairly soon, probably after "discovering" something new in cyberpunk 2077 that they deem to be transphobic. this puts the site admins/mods in a difficult situation because completly banning cyberpunk discussion might hurt their bottom line. there might actually be a site exodus if you won't let normal people simply talk about cyberpunk anymore. it's also slippery slope because what studio is getting the next ban? blizzard, bioware, naughty dog and rockstar have done far more problematic things in their history than cdpr. are you going to ban discussion about the next mass effect and gta 6? eventually the site owner is going to lose money. what if transera won't feel safe on the site anymore if people are allowed to discuss these games? what do you do?

Last edited:
that thread is just hilarious.

Actually both these trans/CDPR threads

What are they on about ''try to push for the conversation"? That's just dishonest. There is no conversation, there is only "I agree" or you get banned. And if you agree, they are then going to attack you if you just move onto to talking about the game because if you really did agree, you wouldn't be interested in the game at all. So what choice do people have but to ignore? It's just ban-baiting come on ffs.

Then there is the nightwire thread which is a crazy mix of hype, ban baiting, 'metacommentary' all co-existing in the same thread. really weird to read. That's where the rubber is hitting the road though and people are pointing out the obvious dissonance in play.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
oh they are really fucking losing it today

i don't understand why these trans activists can be such giant bullies and not even see it. this kind of cross-thread whining has reached unprecedented levels. i remember when you could get banned from a thread for whining about it. well now they are whining about threads in other threads, and apparently, that's ok. they are whining about people ignoring them, all while THEY SHUT DOWN A TOPIC ENTIRELY, fundamentally ignoring all the people who wanted to discuss it.

NO FUCKING SELF AWARENESS. now they are bitching that people are ignoring them. you ignorant morons, you have been ignoring everyone who didn't agree with you for months! how does it feel to have a taste of your own medicine?

Last edited:
they are in a difficult situation because transera isn't satisfied with how the situation is unfolding. not enough people are taking the bait and getting banned. people have mostly learned that it's pointless to talk to these people and that all you are getting for trying is a perm ban for "downplaying issues around transphobia" or something like that if you are not 100% agreeing with their world view so they are all on someone's ignore list or people simply don't respond to them anymore.

they self admitted that the low engagement in the trans awareness thread and the lack of interest in their perceived issues is mighty triggering to them. they are trying to escalate things further by shitting up the remaining cyberpunk threads. but they are unable to because eventually mods have to step in and stop the shitposting as it just getting too blatant. i think they might change their strategy and push for a complete ban of cyberpunk discussion fairly soon, probably after "discovering" something new in cyberpunk 2077 that they deem to be transphobic. this puts the site admins/mods in a difficult situation because completly banning cyberpunk discussion might hurt their bottom line. there might actually be a site exodus if you won't let normal people simply talk about cyberpunk anymore. it's also slippery slope because what studio is getting the next ban? blizzard, bioware, naughty dog and rockstar have done far more problematic things in their history than cdpr. are you going to ban discussion about the next mass effect and gta 6? eventually the site owner is going to lose money. what if transera won't feel safe on the site anymore if people are allowed to discuss these games? what do you do?

yeah it's the precedent that is the problem. Banning Cyberpunk would be one thing, they could survive that, but once you put that marker down people will compare 'hey you banned CDPR because of a tweet but X company has a history of actual harassment, surely that's worse, we should ban them too " and then you're snookered because puritanical people like banning things so people will keep pushing and before you know it you have deleted your gaming board on your gaming forum.

TVexperto

if id get a penny everytime i saw "downplaying issues around transphobia" above a users comment id be rich. there is no free speech on ERA. NOBODY IS actively encouraging people to ignore trans voices in that thread because that would earn you a ban. people decided its better to just ignore those crazy people and they get triggered so hard that they have to derail and whine even more. i cant believe that behaviour is allowed on ERA. Whining and shitting on users in other threads would earn everybody a perma ban. what the fuck happened to that forum? do mods not care?

yeah it's the precedent that is the problem. Banning Cyberpunk would be one thing, they could survive that, but once you put that marker down people will compare 'hey you banned CDPR because of a tweet but X company has a history of actual harassment, surely that's worse, we should ban them too " and then you're snookered because puritanical people like banning things so people will keep pushing and before you know it you have deleted your gaming board on your gaming forum.
The future we can only hope for.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
how do you even fucking say this with a straight face when your board literally banned all discussion of this game? LOL pretending Era "AlLoW fOr MuLtIpLe CoNvErSaTiOnS aT oNcE" while doing literally the opposite.

796YgEF.jpg

oh, what's this? the same user just last week hoping that "inane hype threads" will be "addressed quickly" (banned) on the TDOA?

hfwT1Lx.jpg

these hypocrites can't even go a week without telling a giant lie about what they are doing. it's a place with the capacity for multiple discussions one minute, and the next, they are banning any and all mention of the game.

Last edited:
They just wanted to shit up that thread which they've done. The last 3 pages are full of garbage although I really enjoy seeing Claven finally being called out for his bullshit. That guy might be the worst poster on that board
Damn, you ain't kidding. That thread is an absolute trainwreck.

This is exactly why Black Chamber never should have acknowledged those who demanded that he acknowledge them. They were never going to be okay with his CP2077 discussion threads.

A recurring justification for these threads is hearing trans people re: the game and it's treatment of them. But if ya'll just ignore trans criticism and carry on discussing raytracing and system requirements and shit, that justification just sorta... disappears.

So this guy thinks they should be allowed threads for the game but those threads should only contain trans complaints and criticism. He thinks that actually talking about the game should not be allowed.

ikbalCO

this is so on point. it's like the purdge. they are killing one another. that thread is massacre.

lmimmfn

And its glorious!!!

ikbalCO

this one is annoying af. the trans loonies are really shitting up the place w endless thread whining.

2xwWI3D.jpg
reading post after post from era's trans community, i am pretty sure they are just practising bullying. i don't think they were able to get in touch with their mean side when they were kids(when most people do) so now they are going at it. sad cp funs have to deal with it there.

i am just waiting for that inevitable OT ban. that will be fun to watch.

Last edited:
I think part of the problem is while they say they want a safe space, there is no actual fun in a forum where no-one argues back so you can dog-pile them and have them banned. Just ranting and then having everyone go 'thank you for this' only goes so far. Eventually you want someone to bite but unfortunately you have made it so everyone is crystal clear on the consequences for doing that. So now this is happening. People complaining that other people won't 'engage' with them despite spending three years ensuring that the forum is set up so that people aren't allowed to do that.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Im gonna need to know which thread this is

they were banned in the time i posted that screenshot

ikbalCO

I think part of the problem is while they say they want a safe space, there is no actual fun in a forum where no-one argues back so you can dog-pile them and have them banned. Just ranting and then having everyone go 'thank you for this' only goes so far. Eventually you want someone to bite but unfortunately you have made it so everyone is crystal clear on the consequences for doing that. So now this is happening. People complaining that other people won't 'engage' with them despite spending three years ensuring that the forum is set up so that people aren't allowed to do that.
i think what they are really mad about is that they know their cause is not widely supported. they know their idea of gender or non existance of it, will never be fully accepted. not like gay right or gender equality. thats why they whine and cry where ever they can. they never miss an oppurtunity to label people as bigots where they can because they don't get that chance very often.
when they complain about era being unsafe, they complain because deep down they know, even their allies do not believe their ideals.
they know how fake it is and it is just people going for cheap applauses.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned

This is exactly why Black Chamber never should have acknowledged those who demanded that he acknowledge them. They were never going to be okay with his CP2077 discussion threads.

Exactly. They should just ignore all of them full stop...completely and thoroughly. Not sure what they see they can gain by arguing with them. That Kyuji dude is a protected poster over there and he has total liberty to harass anyone who is excited for the game.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
The CDPR trans sticky thread is like the jelly of the month club, its the gift that keeps on giving. Cant wait to see more and more breakdowns as the game gets closer to release.

if someone has an account there please make a thread about the game for me lol

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.

If blackchamber cares about being there though I could see his account getting banned for not playing ball sadly, if he likes posting there then thats his risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom