• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy Duck

Another "unnecessary" Cyberpunk thread closed

Also funny to see TaySan in that thread. Hypocrite

LMAO. That Thread does not warrant being closed and all discussion shoved in the night wire thread.

They really haven’t got the balls to just say “we don’t want CP 2077 threads other than an OT and a spoiler thread”

Misc

Itt: era finds out there are people who can engage in social activism without making it into another witch hunt.

Misc

Itt: era finds out there are people who can engage in social activism without making it into another witch hunt.
Also in this goldmine of a thread: zeovgm getting roaster as he finds out he’s on everyone’s ignore list

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'm sure they'll find something David Price did to a sibling when he was five years old. Then it's game on.
Well the poster Nafedude recently got banend (I spelt it like Slayven would have wanted). Some of you may remember Nafedude as the one who molested his stepsister. So as long as David Price doesn't avatar shame, abuse of siblings is fair game.

9M2WlkI.jpg

Avatar shaming... :messenger_grinning_smiling:
Update: deleted account as sexual predator has gone into REEs witness protection.

cormack12

Gold Member
LMAO. That Thread does not warrant being closed and all discussion shoved in the night wire thread.

They really haven’t got the balls to just say “we don’t want CP 2077 threads other than an OT and a spoiler thread”

That Night Wire thread is going to a clusterfuck of 40 different conversations. I think it's mods just looking like they are playing the game, the threads they close have largely had much discussion done already and they come in with a token lock and move to the other thread. Must make the users assmad when they figure it out.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I stumbled upon that "ND is racist against black people!" thread after looking for a picture on google images, and looking through the last few pages I found a couple of gems.

BHGL2AH.png

This is some peak virtue signaling. "I don't wanna choke out these virtual black men!" :messenger_tears_of_joy: And I guess I didn't get the memo that said talking about racial issues was a requirement just because the game attempts to be realistic.

mkY7mtc.png

Why did it have to be a white dude tho?

Era when an enemy character is black/when an enemy character is white:

ebCu2zL.jpg
Remember this is also the year when reviews of It: part 2 contained ”trigger warnings” because a gay man gets brutally beaten in the first scene. I’ve seen it and the scene pulls no punches, it would be discomforting even if the guy were straight. But no, violence is perfectly acceptable - maybe legitimate, even? - if the victim is a straight white guy. I think that before Current Era, the only group of people that would always deserve receiving violence in fiction were actual Nazis. The equivalence is being pushed on us day after day.

wellthereitis.gif

Also in this goldmine of a thread: zeovgm getting roaster as he finds out he’s on everyone’s ignore list
Can you screencap the actual post?

kyussman

It's all they do, reduce everything and everyone to good or bad, waiting for the smallest detail to finally be able to throw someone among the bad. Make one dumb comment, like one wrong tweet, get accused of a single thing (true or otherwise), be somewhat affiliated with someone else deemed to be problematic. It's happening all over with Cyberpunk threads. It happens/ed in AVGN and Girlfriend Reviews because the former has a friend who did some offensive comics a billion years ago, the latter because they... *checks notes*... namedropped Pewdiepie for a throwaway joke and Boogie likes them. Hell, they do it with their users: make one dumb remark or post a single inappropriate (for them) meme, and you're forever labeled for it. My permaban stated, among others, that I posted transphobic content: which was a copypasta meme (that actually mocked transphobes, but they ain't very sharp) that I posted in a copypasta thread 2 years prior. That one incident was enough for them to label me as transphobic.

For how much they want everyone to feel welcome and equal, they sure do their best to make sure everyone gets labeled.
If there is one single rule to keeping an account on Resetera...it's steer clear of any Trans talk,like any whatsoever....it's a no win situation if you want to make a point on any Trans issue....unless you are one of the chosen few,lol.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
And he's not taking it well... Now he believes that everyone who put him on ignore must have done so because of "bigotry", not because he's an insufferable ban baiting asshole. This dude completely lacks any kind of self-awareness.
I think he knows perfectly what he’s doing instead.

nush

I think he knows perfectly what he’s doing instead.

He's a former regular troll from GAF that's changed it up to be a woke troll on Era. Its the Era mods blindspot, they think trolls are only people that disagree with the narrative. If you troll on message you get a pass as they are so into sniffing their own farts anyone that seems to agree with them gets a free pass.

Case in point this weeks celebrity poster lamptramp.

nTeF8ky.png

This dude totally definitely went trans just a month ago and crys over everything. I could have made a compilation post of all the times he claimed to have cried on era.

I6JJmCS.jpg

He's a former regular troll from GAF that's changed it up to be a woke troll on Era. Its the Era mods blindspot, they think trolls are only people that disagree with the narrative. If you troll on message you get a pass as they are so into sniffing their own farts anyone that seems to agree with them gets a free pass.

nTeF8ky.png

This dude totally definitely went trans just a month ago and crys over everything. I could have made a compilation post of all the times he claimed to have cried on era.

I6JJmCS.jpg

lol where did you dig that up from?

Green Saber

nTeF8ky.png

So this is lamptramp lol its funny that this is how I imagined he would look for some reason.

Ymir

Another "unnecessary" Cyberpunk thread closed

Also funny to see TaySan in that thread. Hypocrite
Still hilarious to me that that dude was always winning about stimulus checks and money and how it’s not fair and he has a graphics card that retails for $800. Can’t wait to see him whining more handouts from the governement once Biden is sworn in.

Ymir

TR8MeEf.png

Yeah let's blame CDPR for shit that happens in fucking Brazil of all places. Making mountains out of molehills indeed.
LOL, yes but of course! CDPR‘s game that hasn’t even come out is now responsible for all deaths in South America. If only the Polish people would accept their influence over South America for things they haven’t even done yet! I’d vote for zombie Hitler for GOTY before I’d ever buy Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

LOL, yes but of course! CDPR‘s game that hasn’t even come out is now responsible for all deaths in South America. If only the Polish people would accept their influence over South America for things they haven’t even done yet! I’d vote for zombie Hitler for GOTY before I’d ever buy Cyberpunk 2077.
Apparently one of the perpetrators of a trans murder in Brazil was overheard saying he's very excited for Cyberpunk 2077. Damning if true.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Lol their racism always comes out from these bigots because white people are the center of their entire universe. Whenever they try to explain the causes of racism it reveals their utter ideological incoherence as well as their cultural and historical ignorance.

The idea that white man tainted some pure POC utopia (which never existed) with ideas of unfairness or family or reason or whatever is the most insidious form of the Noble Savage. Critical race theorists are somehow as bigoted as the most craven 19th century imperialists who they claim to despise.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Im dissapointed to see Neiteio there he is a cool dude :^( though so far i haven't seen him trolling with the mob just repeating what they say ocasionally

Last edited:
How ironic when capitalism earns the admins lots of money on era with their shitty ads.

Not to mention

ZCLpsYy.jpg

and how most games are made in countries that thrive on capitalism. People always like to toss out Tetris due to sales numbers but Alexey Pajitnov never made any royalties on the game (only a paycheck as he created it while under contract with the Russian goverment) until he came to the US and created The Tetris Company.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Can’t wait to see this furry kill and skin a real animal since he doesn’t believe in a system wherein money is traded for a skin produced by someone else.

Oh wait he won’t do that at all. Because his ideology amounts to nothing more than an empty catch phrase. Because his words are mere words and in actions the man is an utter coward.

Following “end to capitalism” with openly wishing for a product of capitalism would be incoherent, if the former phrase had any meaning at all.

Instead it is entirely an excuse for consumer indulgence. The modern capitalists embrace the false humility and morality because it is the only way they can justify their selfish desires and reframe them as something altruistic.

Last edited:
They can post this comic and then all your complaints go away like magic. Don't think about it - they're gone.

whnuvoh4od031.jpg
What always gets me about this comic (besides it being their favorite image to post whenever their hypocrisy is called out) is that the same woke losers who post it also think that people who've "improved society somewhat" throughout history should be canceled.

Clapton cancelled.

zqrnnjt.png

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Clapton cancelled.

zqrnnjt.png

From that same thread

okUWqiV.png

"made me nauseous" lmao no it fucking didn't you twat.

nTeF8ky.png

Is this the guy who broke down and his young kids made him feel better by helping his with his makeup in the bathroom? And who got someone banned bc they allegedly "misgendered" him in a private report to the mods after he continually harassed them?

Definitely looks like some kind of fucked up midlife crisis and desperate need for attention. Although there are other ways than being a nasty piece of shit on the internet and trying to get people banned left and right. Do you actually think he's a troll and playing the mods, not meaning a word he says? If so he seems quite committed.

How did you find this pic?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
They can post this comic and then all your complaints go away like magic. Don't think about it - they're gone.

whnuvoh4od031.jpg

I love that they seem to think little comics like this win the argument.

No wonder the actual comic industry is infested with these idiots. They seem to think if they can put their ideas into a comic then they become factual and beyond criticism.

Look. If you literally have to fight to survive then in some way you can be forgiven if you ignore some bad stuff. Like yeah, maybe your company is exploiting or abusing workers but you actually NEED to put food on the table tonight and keep the roof over your head etc.

Videogames and entertainment is a different world entirely. How can you sit and play games on a console made by god knows who, in god knows where, but only be stirred into action because a developer made a naughty tweet a couple of years ago. That's fucking bullshit.

If I don't give a fuck about where my clothes and consoles and all the other useless tat I buy comes from then why the fuck would I care what CDPR have ever tweeted. Why would there be any need to jump on me for saying I don't care?

Thats the thing.

They want to berate you for ignoring their cause. You want to just play the game? Unacceptable!

Yet when you point out that they are ignoring so much themselves and are therefore no better than you? Dig out the shallow comic strip!

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
TR8MeEf.png

Yeah let's blame CDPR for shit that happens in fucking Brazil of all places. Making mountains out of molehills indeed.

Its not even something "in game" that they have an issue with its some tweets, in English, from the developer that are the main objection to CDPR.

Plus I don't think many in Brazil will be overly shocked to see a sexualised lady with a penis. Just saying.

Its a classic example of not understanding the scale of the world and just thinking that everywhere in the real world is as uniformly opinioned and close knit as your tiny Internet forum.

Has this jackass even been to Brazil? You think the people there are paying much attention to the tweets of English speaking marketers of some Polish game developer?

You think in the kind of communities in Brazil where sex workers are routinely murdered that people are otherwise sitting around their video-game consoles having deep chats about the politics of the next open world AAA blockbuster from Poland?

Simple minded, self absorbed, idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom