• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
qCVdb6j.png

BC is some type of evil genius lmao

Or you know the simplest version...they just like the game and want to champion it with a good OT.

ERA is what happens when the vocal minority run over the silent majority; right, wrong or gray areas in between be damned.

I'm very happy being back here as my primary message boarding fix as opposed to that place.

Yeah I'm honestly almost on my last leg over there. I like the insiders and gaming discussion from the quality posters that are there, but the mob rule has gotten really bad lately.

The fact that you can be banned for being a "Trumper" (basically 50% of the US population) is completely sad. If they want to promote an echo chamber, it'll be the end of that board eventually. You're already seeing a bit of an exodus at that place.

It's getting to the point where if you IGNORE the cries of their members to acknowledge that a company is somehow transphobic (with zero proof other than they don't like how certain characters are represented), then you are at risk of getting banned. That's insanity.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Their latest threadmark is just incredible:

He put on a very good impression of a well-meaning idiot. The recurring accusations against him were that he was a shill; to our knowledge nobody had ever suggested he was a Trumper. I can't understate how devastating it is to learn the truth.

If you suspect that another member might be a troll or a Trumper please raise the concern through a report, a ticket, or a private message. If you have proof, we absolutely want to see it.

Is that legitimately just saying "If you think someone voted for trump or supports trump, report them and we will ban them"?

Hugare

If they ban cybperpunk completely it's gonna kill traffic on their site for the next few months.
Yeah, that's obviously why moderation are trying their best to post an OT

But the users aint accepting it

They are even talking about making the transphobia thread the OT of the game

One thing is for certain: there wont be conversations about the game in the OT

Yeah, that's obviously why moderation are trying their best to post an OT

But the users aint accepting it

They are even talking about making the transphobia thread the OT of the game

One thing is for certain: there wont be conversations about the game in the OT

I can't imagine that the vast majority of their users are that heated about the topic. But the problem is their moderation team panders to them.

Most posters do not care, do not consider CDPR a transphobic company. I honestly do hope that place goes up in flames eventually, the constant witch hunts that goes on over there is bad for their own mental health, not to mention bad for the industry as a whole.

How can a guy that simply wants to do the best OT possible for his most anticipated game get labelled as an alt-right because he voted for Trump? Does ERA even know what a democracy is? You get to choose, you dense motherfuckers. People are free to have opinions and different values.

TransERA is BY FAR, the worst community I have ever witnessed my entire life. For those well known Era members that "happen to come here by accident": Just keep yourselves in your mom's basement, you're doing us all a favor.

And I fully support a righteous Trans cause. Not whatever the fuck TransEra is.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Also Cheebo from Zombie Hitler fame who tried to dox and cancel video game voice actors apparently went into witness protection on the site after the voice actors were threatening libel. Sites not letting me upload pictures again but showing as:
Deleted member 5666
user requested account closure
Banned

Cheebo is gone? holy shit!

That dude shamed everyone who didn't like The Last Jedi like they were a card carrying Nazi.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How can a guy that simply wants to do the best OT possible for his most anticipated game get labelled as an alt-right because he voted for Trump? Does ERA even know what a democracy is? You get to choose, you dense motherfuckers. People are free to have opinions and different values.

TransERA is BY FAR, the worst community I have ever witnessed my entire life. For those well known Era members that "happen to come here by accident": Just keep yourselves in your mom's basement, you're doing us all a favor.

And I fully support a righteous Trans cause. Not whatever the fuck TransEra is.

Actual trans people watching TransEra in action:

NimbleHairyFlamingo-size_restricted.gif

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Cheebo is gone? holy shit!

That dude shamed everyone who didn't like The Last Jedi like they were a card carrying Nazi.
He tried to cancel someone, I don't remember who. Made a thread about it. Then it turned out to be bullshit, and even Mark Hamill himself defended the targeted person on Twitter. That's when cheebo got his name changed on Era, probably to protect himself.

Didn't know his account was suspended after that. Probably has an alt account now, ya.

For such a massive fanboy, it must have hit him pretty hard to have a legendary star wars actor to indirectly calling his bs.

Last edited:
I can't believe people would want to stay there after reading what the site admin said. If you suspect someone may like trump report them? What in the actual fuck?

Patriots7

Just avoid all problematic threads.
I love Potterverse. I don't really care about JK Rowling. I just avoid everything related to her and HP. Stress gone.

Aaand of course they deleted it

Resetera guys, I know that you are lurking. Don't care.

Did this to show how fucking hypocrites you guys are. Moderation had to even delete the image, otherwise people would start using their brains.

I was banned once due to "dismissing transphobia", but go check my post (if you still can). Wasn't being transphobic. Will never be one.

Have been a user for YEARS, but this was the last straw. Banning someone for supporting Trump is fucking ridiculous.

And I say this as a leftist brazilian guy

Seek help
After looking at the post you were banned for a month for (Downplaying concerns around transphobia) and then looking at another post of yours where you condemn Atlas for their transphobia is short-sighted on their part. Before banning you they simply could've done a Google search like I did and conclude that you weren't trying to do/or anywhere close to your ban reasoning. C'est la vie @ Era.

After looking at the post you were banned for a month for (Downplaying concerns around transphobia) and then looking at another post of yours where you condemn Atlas for their transphobia is short-sighted on their part. Before banning you they simply could've done a Google search like I did and conclude that you weren't trying to do/or anywhere close to your ban reasoning. C'est la vie @ Era.

That's the bog standard ban excuse

"Downplaying concerns about X....whataboutism, etc"....even when the posts don't have anything to do with that.

Just saw that thread about cyberpunk over there. Just deleted all my bookmarks to the site. Good riddance.
B-dubs is going to make a text only ot for it in consultation with the trans members there. That sure sounds like where I would like to talk about a supposedly transphobic game. How fun that will be for everyone there that actually wants to talk about the game lol

Hugare

Thanks for doing a research. I was surprised back then by my ban.

Hipocrisy is something that really gets on my nerves. The hivemind there was bothering me so much. Was starting to feel really bizarre.

Coming back to GAF after the ban made me realize how awful that place really is.

I came back at the time of the election, and seeing everyone here discussing politics FREELY was eye opening for me.

Pro Trump or Pro Biden, everyone getting along (most of the time). Was a thing of beauty.

Ironically, that bubble of theirs will hurt themselves with time

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I can't believe people would want to stay there after reading what the site admin said. If you suspect someone may like trump report them? What in the actual fuck?

Era has a gestapo now.

Imagine being so uneducated or have your head so far up your ass that you literally become what you say you hate.

How is banning peoples on a political vote even considered sane? And they are jumping in joy at the idea! They got their sacrifices.

Soon:

That's the bog standard ban excuse

"Downplaying concerns about X....whataboutism, etc"....even when the posts don't have anything to do with that.
Looking back on my bans and how I only agree with one out of three of them, the other two concerned trolling and tone policing, something I knew nothing of. And at the time I also felt like I was walking on eggshells when posting on Era.

No community member should have to feel like they are walking on eggshells when they want to use their voice and speak up. That's why I'm kind of envious that some people here got to choose their exit while mine was involuntary and the reasoning was far left field. I realized the former after the fact. First time I've ever had to look at an organization's official rules because they were too obtuse unless you were in their exact frame of mind.

Ymir

Hey look, the old mod who told black people to kill themselves and then they committed suicide says Cyberpunk will be such a bad game that it won't even be talked about in a month's time

Professor Beef said:
I just want to know why all of this for a single video game that's going to be forgotten in a month? It probably won't be the worst game in the world, but it's definitely not going to be the best.

Funny how condescending this guy is after all the stories of him being creepy around the women communities.

Era has a gestapo now.

Imagine being so uneducated or have your head so far up your ass that you literally become what you say you hate.

How is banning peoples on a political vote even considered sane? And they are jumping in joy at the idea! They got their sacrifices.

Soon:

Why would anyone want to stay there now? They are going to treat vestan like shit too when he comes back from his ban or whatever no matter what he says or does. I'm sure he will disavow black chamber and say fuck him just to get back in their favor, but why do that? Don't those people have any self respect?

Thanks for doing a research. I was surprised back then by my ban.

Hipocrisy is something that really gets on my nerves. The hivemind there was bothering me so much. Was starting to feel really bizarre.

Coming back to GAF after the ban made me realize how awful that place really is.

I came back at the time of the election, and seeing everyone here discussing politics FREELY was eye opening for me.

Pro Trump or Pro Biden, everyone getting along (most of the time). Was a thing of beauty.

Ironically, that bubble of theirs will hurt themselves with time
It's as if safe spaces are a self-harming, insidious killer that no one realizes until it's too late.

And on hypocrisy, my religion is big on not being Pharisaical (hint, hint) and Era is filled to the brim with it and double standards. I just wish that forum wasn't so bloodthirsty against dissenters and just tried another world view without lampooning someone because there's no way a person would dissent and be serious about it - no, they have to be trolling.

Is this the most insane fucking post in the history of era? Very well could be. Just keeps going and going. The nut job wrote a fucking thesis to appeal his ban.

The most insane thing is that people actually read this insane drivel, and they don't see the person as insane, and instead as a person with some kind of credibility or merit that should be taken seriously.

Yeah I'm honestly almost on my last leg over there. I like the insiders and gaming discussion from the quality posters that are there, but the mob rule has gotten really bad lately.

The fact that you can be banned for being a "Trumper" (basically 50% of the US population) is completely sad. If they want to promote an echo chamber, it'll be the end of that board eventually. You're already seeing a bit of an exodus at that place.

It's getting to the point where if you IGNORE the cries of their members to acknowledge that a company is somehow transphobic (with zero proof other than they don't like how certain characters are represented), then you are at risk of getting banned. That's insanity.

The nonsense started the moment the mods started putting up threadmarks about the 'correct' opinions to post about certain subjects. That practice started a while back.

I never posted much and stuck to the particular gaming community threads that interested me. Kind of how I posted here pre-split.

To each their own but I can definitely say I feel more comfortable posting here now. Not that I agree with everyone but just that discussion and differences of opinion can be expressed without overbearing moderation.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole

Is this the most insane fucking post in the history of era? Very well could be. Just keeps going and going. The nut job wrote a fucking thesis to appeal his ban.

The most insane thing is that people actually read this insane drivel, and they don't see the person as insane, and instead as a person with some kind of credibility or merit that should be taken seriously.
Noah

get the boat

If not the most insane, it is by far the longest. It's an embarrassing read and I could barely finish it. It's all hate on black chamber, the mods, "whine whine" and then more complaining. Imagine being near this person for more than an hour.

Cracklox

I was planning on knocking out a game or two in my backlog this week before Cyberpunk hits, but this thread has had me hooked.

The last 20 or so pages remind me of those classic gaf threads from back in the day with all the twists and turns. Only the lunacy is happening elsewhere. And I bet there's still plenty more to come.

Could really use a Mandrake-esque summary when its all said and done.

Astral Dog

Jesus i felt my sanity slowly fading as i tried making sense of that:messenger_dizzy:

the only thing i got was that he likes Naruto

Ok summary:Black Chambers and ERA mods=Bad Sophia=Good <3 Naruto

Last edited:
I only read the end:

"For the sake of the transgender community, and the site as a whole.

Please.

Please.

Don't let things go like this. Nothing good will come of it. The reactions from the thread being locked already demonstrate that.

Please don't repeat what's already failed.

Please, please listen, even though as a currently banned member, I know I have no right to ask that and especially to keep hounding you with messages like this.

But regardless, the point being, no matter how good the intentions of the staff may be here, this will not end well and will not help so I beg for some reconsideration on this matter.

Please.

Please.

Thank you for your time.

ShironRedshift"

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I dont like Trump but if you voted for Trump you are killed on sight?
That's the thing. I hate Trump with a passion. I think he's a despicable human being.
But if I were American I would have voted Republican because I think their party will do a better job for the country.

Era posters are ether unable or unwilling to look past their personal hatred (or agenda) and consider what is best for the country as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom