• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcid

Banned
Aaaand he's gone.

sg7wFfq.png

I'm supporting a trans friend with their sex change process, and I'm 100% pro trans rights.
But for my account safety, I won't be touching those threads with a 50 foot pole. This is crazy.
Tell those psychopaths to fuck off and embrace your ban. If I ever made an account I would, but I didn't.

Posting in that thread is a death sentence if you're not attacking CDPR of another member.

I genuinely wanted to know more about the issue, I wanted to ask questions and try some feeble attempt at educating myself. But even asking questions would have resulted in me being attacked and possibly banned.

There is zero discussion to be had.
Someone in the thread literally just requested that people asking questions be insta banned.

Hi guys. Glad to be here. I have asked for my ResetERA account to be deleted.

I am a tolerant, liberal, left leaning guy. I don't care about skin colour, nationality, religious beliefs or sexuality, etc etc.

But for the first time ever I must admit I am a bigot.

Every single transgender person I have interacted with has been insufferable, self-absorbed, attention-seeking, unreasonable and downright fucking annoying.

And where is the only place I've ever "met" a transgender person? ResetERA.

Congrats ResetERA, you've made me a transphobe.
I should say, if you're a trans person reading this and you're cool, I'll be fucking delighted.

I've just never seen it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

I am a tolerant, liberal, left leaning guy. I don't care about skin colour, nationality, religious beliefs or sexuality, etc etc.

Every single transgender person I have interacted with has been insufferable, self-absorbed, attention-seeking, unreasonable and downright fucking annoying.

We have lots of cool trans users here. You just won't notice all of them since they don't constantly draw attention to their identity. Don't let that lunatic asylum turn you toward hate.

If you ever wander why Resetera cant acept different view hate free will and different peoples opinion....is because Resetera is a communist website in disguise ( with a mixture of transmania)

"The positives of Soviet life"

The fuck????

>"Olga and I got an extra ration today! Our son was executed in the fields a month ago, but this ration should keep our daughter alive for a week or so more."

>"Must focus on the positives!"

Vire

Hey Vire......
Hey there, it's been a while...

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-state-of-neogaf.1452075/page-99#post-252811759

Literally my last post.. the events that surrounded the exodus of GAF was incredibly sad and seeing some of my favorite posters and other prominent members of the gaming community jump boat only further inclined me to move on. With that being said, ERA was not the golden playground of free thinking and open discussion that I think many were imagining in their head.

I will always love gaming, I just would like a place to openly and freely discuss it without the fear of walking on eggshells, constant negativity and politicization of all things. I hope the return of GAF can better suite that but some of the posts on here still concern me.

You should meet Ailynn Ailynn .

She's a delight.

Dorohedoro

WTF ERA? Scandalous

Uh oh... the same genius who posted this nonsense on Twitter
My wife & I have ALWAYS taught him to love & respect people of every color. He kept repeating he just doesn’t like dark/brown on people. I tried using examples. “Don’t you love Batman? Batman’s black.” “Isn’t one of our cats white & the other black?”

is gonna be on thin ice. Live by the woke die by the woke.

Last edited:

BeardGawd

Banned

You're not a bigot or a transphobe. These people throw these terms around inorder to brow beat you into submission. Nothing about Cyberpunk is Transphobic either.

Electret

ET TU, SHINOBI?

xZoxdii.png

Man they have been a gold mine these past two days and just won't stop. They're going to end up eating themselves in some kind of cosmic horror scene from a Lovecraft short story.
Damn, the all-seeing-eye of sociopolitical transgression caught that real fast! Good luck, Shinobes.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hey there, it's been a while...

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-state-of-neogaf.1452075/page-99#post-252811759

Literally my last post.. the events that surrounded the exodus of GAF was incredibly sad and seeing some of my favorite posters and other prominent members of the gaming community jump boat only further inclined me to move on. With that being said, ERA was not the golden playground of free thinking and open discussion that I think many were imagining in their head.

I will always love gaming, I just would like a place to openly and freely discuss it without the fear of walking on eggshells, constant negativity and politicization of all things. I hope the return of GAF can better suite that but some of the posts on here still concern me.

Pretty sad from where I was standing, too, on numerous levels. I've kept on keeping on, though. You didn't act in a hateful way back then, so welcome back. Always was fond of your GAF t-shirt designs.

Verified your identity and merged your accounts.

Era fucks who are lurking here. Hypocrites all of you, esp you QUEEN KYUU UWU.
Listen:

You went and leaked BChamber's private pm, attacked, called him names and bullied him for being excited for a game and went searching deep into his Twitter like stalkers you are. Only his underwear closet was safe from you...

But Shinobi gets away with it? He said he can't w8 and is ultra hyped. Congratulated dirty Polish Transphobes for their shitty transphobic game. How does that make you feel? Are you going to cry?

You pathetic creatures.
Listen to your looser puppet mod and stalk your user base esp his Twitter.

Surely what Shinobi is doing is exactly what Chamber did, right? Do smth you spineless fucks. Double standards are written all over your freak circus of of a site. Hypocrites...

Karunamon

You know what, as hilarious as this is, it is a testament of your character EviLore EviLore that despite the fact that they all left on extremely shitty terms, you're the bigger man for not only opening the door, but welcoming them in. Mad props to you man.

Random brainwave..

The kind of raging stupidity you see over on era didn't happen overnight. (Well, on era it did, but that started here and migrated over, you know what I mean :p)

If Reeeee-ers are coming back, what's to stop the atmosphere from turning into shit again? I understand that last time, it was because there was a subversive mod banning people for BS reasons, but there was build-up long before that. It takes surprisingly few people to affect the general atmosphere of a place even without it being enforced from the top down. Gaf seems like a legitimately chill place to be right now, and it would be nice if it could stay that way. Sincere comments about how offended someone is will, currently, be met with the equivalent of an "okay boomer", but if they start getting taken seriously by the larger community (or what appears to be the larger community because vocal minority), then it's the same path again.

NodeofRanvier

Neo Member
Hey, everyone, I used to lurk a while ago. I stopped going to game forums for a while, until I joined Era recently to talk about next gen, and was shocked to see the kind of small things they were banning everyone for if you don't just agree completely with the majority opinion there,.and also after seeing how they treated Black Chamber ,here I am.

That was just not how a discussion forum is supposed to work. In a thread where mods said you can choose to talk about the game OR trans issues, all of those members start bullying everyone into HAVING to talk about the trans issues (which, the evidence that the entire company is transphobic seems extremely thin in the first place), or you get banned. I support trans rights and am a liberal person but that was just too insane of an echo chamber for me, a lot of those people need to seek help.

Elcid

Banned
Random brainwave..

The kind of raging stupidity you see over on era didn't happen overnight. (Well, on era it did, but that started here and migrated over, you know what I mean :p)

If Reeeee-ers are coming back, what's to stop the atmosphere from turning into shit again? I understand that last time, it was because there was a subversive mod banning people for BS reasons, but there was build-up long before that. It takes surprisingly few people to affect the general atmosphere of a place even without it being enforced from the top down. Gaf seems like a legitimately chill place to be right now, and it would be nice if it could stay that way. Sincere comments about how offended someone is will, currently, be met with the equivalent of an "okay boomer", but if they start getting taken seriously by the larger community (or what appears to be the larger community because vocal minority), then it's the same path again.
I thought that, but I have faith that Evil won't mod a bunch of cucks this time around. And us members aren't going to give a finger in the first place.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Random brainwave..

Unhinged activists and crybullies will be nuked unceremoniously. We've been expecting this moment (with Cyberpunk's release, no less) and everyone's on the same page internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom