• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Saber

New thread to check out. It goes exactly how you think it would.

The thing with their ''communism'' is that it's performative ideology. They make threads lauding Lenin and Che yet they seem to be unaware that if such a revolution took place that they'd be back of the fucking line when it comes to rebuilding. Now would Vlad REALLY care about trans rights or would he reach out to the people who vote Trump to get things going??? It's a mystery. While Che had very little time for homosexuals or anything resembling ''progressive'' polices. They'd be very sorry if their fantasies came true.

NickFire

If this were my forum I'd leave all of the reeeeeeturners to rot in the shithole that they helped create. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Fortunately for you lot it isn't.
I wouldn't ever support banning people wholesale like that. But anyone who supports their moderation policies should be turned around at the door with a little nudge down the walkway, and given a purple dildo as a parting prize.

belmarduk

ERA seemed a good place to go because GAF was ruined by a bunch of whiny dickheads.

It took its time for them to fully surface to their old ways but it soon happened.

People don’t want to be on GAF or on ERA they just want to be away from them

Have you read the last few pages of this thread? This so-called gaming forum has banned all discussion of what will likely be the game of the year and GAF is run by whiny dickheads?

Trickster

Based CDPR.

screenshot2020-12-07a3aj75.png

They're already mad as fuck about it. That one thing alone is gonna fuel the rage for days more

cyen

Have you read the last few pages of this thread? This so-called gaming forum has banned all discussion of what will likely be the game of the year and GAF is run by whiny dickheads?

I don't know if it's better moderated or not now but I agree that when the exodus happen there were a lot of dick heads in gaf back then.

FunkMiller

The thing with their ''communism'' is that it's performative ideology. They make threads lauding Lenin and Che yet they seem to be unaware that if such a revolution took place that they'd be back of the fucking line when it comes to rebuilding. Now would Vlad REALLY care about trans rights or would he reach out to the people who vote Trump to get things going??? It's a mystery. While Che had very little time for homosexuals or anything resembling ''progressive'' polices. They'd be very sorry if their fantasies came true.

Student communism. All the fun of the shared utopian dream, nothing about the labour camps and mass starvation.

Elcid

Banned
This is too damn funny. I remember when Reset first started I saw the front page and thought "ew God no." I immediately realized it was a cesspool of all the people I hated. Closed that shit immediately and went to GAF. Never been happier!

Malakhov

Banned
This cyberpunk 2077 shit over there is pure gold, one of their downfall highlights. So crazy they think it's the voice of the majority and everyone else are transphobes and scum :messenger_tears_of_joy:

NickFire

Student communism. All the fun of the shared utopian dream, nothing about the labour camps and mass starvation.
That's the part that makes me ashamed of what passes for public educations these days. These idiots literally come out of school thinking they will use the power of a vocal minority to push the world in a direction where history has shown that the vocal minority gets silenced in ways that are almost incomprehensible.

Don't mean to hijack the OT, but I talked to @Black Chamber and the gentleman will take over OT2, as per his preference. We will use some of his content on the OT - with all credits given, of course.

By my account, this is going to be one the largest, most detailed OTs of the last 5 years. You guys will love it.
Absolutely buzzing to see all of your hard work, excited to see what Black Chamber can bring to it also.

NickFire

This has all made for sensational reading.

To anyone coming back to post here, please leave your bullshit at the door.
You need to write that request in language they will understand. Let me help:

As someone who has experienced bullshit, to anyone coming back to post here, please leave your bullshit at the door.

ArsGoetia

I started out on NeoGAF years ago and always been pretty much a lurker there for fear of saying something wrong or giving my opinion and that carried over some to the new place when a bunch of people did the Exodus back in 2017.

I guess I've always been sort of a lurker at heart but lately I felt like giving more of my opinions and taking part in discussions, I do not feel comfortable at Resetera anymore. I'm a strong ally for LGBTQ+ and I don't just wave that around like some meme edgelord trying to be cool.

As someone in that community I never joined in the lunacy on Resetera, in fact I wanted to speak out against it but you know.. my account over there would be long gone.. not that I really care anymore at this point cause I can't even discuss Cyberpunk over on that side without seeing someone saying "Fuck CDPR or Fuck this game" or having issues shoved down my throat.

I have strong Trans feelings inside and I don't wave that around nor feel the need to but lately things have been pissing me off and annoying me to a great deal that I feel like I need to and this will probably be the last time I do mention that.

I feel like I have no voice over at Resetera anymore and I thought about saying something over there but you know how quickly they will shoot me down for it and that's sad.

The fear of saying something carried from Neogaf to Resetera where I now feel free and able to speak my mind again on Neogaf and able to be who I wanna be.. Free to discuss and talk... it's a wonderful feeling to not feel like you are walking on eggshells or thinking you will be banned over something silly.

I want to talk videogames and discuss them with like minded people, the whole Cyberpunk and CDPR has opened my eyes to the bullying and other issues plaguing Resetera and I'm not afraid to speak out about it.. if they ban me.. they ban me!..

I think how Resetera is handling the whole thing is lunacy.. and I'm definitely not like TransEra lol. I don't have issues with Cyberpunk... I'm actually quite excited to play it as a long time fan of Deus Ex games and the like... I'm hoping the game fills that niche of mine.

I just feel like Resetera is all like yeah ... they say they are for Trans people but only if you think like them or dogpile/bully people who are excited for the game.. I've seen them jump on people who are genuinely excited for the game and that's wrong in my opinion..

I'm much more comfortable over on this side now... and I'm just done with Resetera at this point.. not going to bother with them anymore over there..

Thanks for listening!

-Ars

FunkMiller

That's the part that makes me ashamed of what passes for public educations these days. These idiots literally come out of school thinking they will use the power of a vocal minority to push the world in a direction where history has shown that the vocal minority gets silenced in ways that are almost incomprehensible.

Used to teach communications part time at a UK university. Some of the absolute fucking roasters they had as lecturers would make your hair curl. All academics with ZERO life experience. The distorted bullshit they fed their students was horrifying. I was very glad to get out of the that job.

artsi

I have no idea what has happened there these last few days. I've been hyped for years, posting in Cyberpunk threads and right when it's finally about to release (after 8 years!) EVERYTHING related to the game is banned.
Feels surreal - new hot game from the makers of Witcher 3, the GOAT of GOAT's - all discussion banned.

But feels good to be back here for sure.

Last edited:
I think the most eye rolling thing are the people going "STAY SAFE AND HAPPY, THIS WILL PASS, PLEASE STAY STRONG". Trump didn't just outlaw the existence of Trans people, a war didn't break out, a fucking video game review thread got posted and people were happy it got good reviews.

Holy shit this is the most first world of first world problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom