• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ymir

What's fucking disturbing to me is how someone can be SO hyped about Jim taking Estrogen. Like, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME IT'S TRUE!!

I mean, what the fuck. You want to do it, fine. But why the fuck should someone fantasize about and wish for another random person doing it?
Because they want validation, that's all they care about. Not about Jim's personal health or anything, just something they can use to attack other people.

Could you imagine doing this with any other drug? BRO PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE TAKING PRILOSEC!!!!! PLEASE!!!! IT WOULD BE SO AMAZING IF YOU TOOK PRILOSEC OTC!!!!!!!!

Mental illness, so much mental illness

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
UTRGjZ5.png

FfLRk8W.png

QGhcKRV.gif

Who knew that l33t sp34k was Nazi code all along?

Ionian

Good luck.

I got jipped rent because I was a nice guy and let it slide. Then they bailed. In Canada, you got to do these forms called L forms and N forms to hurry up and get the courts to cancel a tenancy and kick them out.

I paid money to a lawyer who handles this stuff and it got to a point the lawyer just said you'll win, but it'll take time and there's no proof she'll be able to pay anyway. So just eat the loss.

As people have said to me. When it comes to overall rental income (net dumb costs or deadbeats), assume you'll get 90% of it. Don't be too optimistic and think you'll get 100% of it, or have a clean proper tenant who doesn't burn you with repair bills.

Chances are decent you'll get burned somehow.
I've always been extremely fair with tenants, everything sorted as soon as there are issues.

However once it comes to them leaving and they didn't clean, I might take 100 out of the deposit if they don't want to do it. (always asked to do it, cooker, fridge etc.)

Very generous, will always be called an asshole though. Just the way it works, at least in my country.

They feel you owe them. (Nope). You won't hire a cleaner for that price.

Last edited:

Rex_DX

Gold Member
There's not enough Era mocking today. Let me get us back to the groove.

rgLriUX.jpg
Wait so you can stalk your neighbor, get them arrested and then defend the harsh portrayal of inmates in a Spider-Man game? All at the same time? And how is this going to happen at all if you defund the police? Is this disabled person going full vigilante? That would be a fucking amazing plot line, I admit.

InDaGulag

I'm not going to say all landlords are trash*, but a lot of them aren't great. I know someone who is being sued by their landlord who is looking to get money from her and her boyfriend to upgrade the kitchen appliances, even though their lease explicitly says it's the landlord's responsibility. He's clearly trying to scare a poor working class couple into paying him money, knowing they don't have the time or money to fight him in court.

What's funny is the landlord is threatening to evict them if he doesn't get his money but they're moving out from the place anyways.

Oh and while not all landlords are trash, AirBnB slumlords can go fuck themselves. Where I live AirBnBers, all illegal, were a huge issue. You'd have wealthy investors buy or rent dozens of residential properties to post them on AirBnB. Many of them using shell companies or fake names to hide their ownership. A lot of municipalities were or have banned AirBnB for anything but your legal residence. The AirBnBers were going to take governments to court to remove the laws, but then the pandemic hit.

When governments were implementing mortgage/rent relief, a lot of AirBnB investors complained they were shut out of relief. It made me laugh. It's like crack dealers complaining they can't get unemployment insurance.

*This would so get me dogpilled and banned on Era. lol

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wait so you can stalk your neighbor, get them arrested and then defend the harsh portrayal of inmates in a Spider-Man game? All at the same time? And how is this going to happen at all if you defund the police? Is this disabled person going full vigilante? That would be a fucking amazing plot line, I admit.

no surprise that everyone is all "drugs never hurt anybody!" and "landlords are worse than drug dealers!"

you can fucking smell the white privilege on these little shits. probably never lived in a bad part of town in their lives.

Forsythia

No.
How about they just buy a different game for the kid. Not every game needs to cater to everyone. This is the same bullshit as an easy mode for Souls games.

Bollocks

Desn't receipts mean proof? There was no proof in any of her like 20 messages.

LOL also another loser mod is "on break" in that thread also.
if it was so toxic and racist why was she at Google from 2014 - 2020? ah that's only era's interpretation. from the tweets it reads more like that she had some beef with some other woman who denied her promotions and shit. it's also hard to take any of her points serious when she says Google doesn't care about brown people... supposedly she worked at Google, she should know Sundar and all the other non white people Google puts into the spotlight. From the way she tells it you would think Sundar was her idea, and all the non white people are there because of her.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Also, for people with older phone, if you ever put a ‘u’ in your sentence, you’re a nazi.
nokia-phone-history-Nokia-3210.jpg
My first cell phone (probably around 1999?) was this one I think. Telus Talk 200 Plan. 200 minutes of monthly talk time for $25 mth. I forget if it was outgoing minutes only or total talk time no matter what. After fees and tax, it was maybe around $35/mth all in.

Thing was a beast. Dropped so many times on the ground and never broke, screen never cracked, nada. 100x more durable any any smart phone the past decade or so.

And I'd put the call reception quality just as good as modern phone too. I don't find the call quality any better on a smart phone.

no6110_00.jpg

Last edited:

InDaGulag

No.

I mean 99% of replies are disagreeing with the OP.

The amount of work required to make a family friendly version of GTA would be huge. You might as well make a new game instead.

My first cell phone (probably around 1999?) was this one I think. Telus Talk 200 Plan. 200 minutes of monthly talk time for $25 mth. I forget if it was outgoing minutes only or total talk time no matter what. After fees and tax, it was maybe around $35/mth all in.

Thing was a beast. Dropped so many times on the ground and never broke, screen never cracked, nada. 100x more durable any any smart phone the past decade or so.

And I'd put the call reception quality just as good as modern phone too. I don't find the call quality any better on a smart phone.

no6110_00.jpg
And if u charged it back then in 99 it prolly still has a bar left.

Ymir

No.
They've literally become the christian white Karens from the 90s. These people were so insulated in bubble wrap their whole lives that they can't handle anything even resembling violence in video games. And were catered to enough that they think it's their right to demand such a thing exist.

AHA-Lambda

No.
Oh ffs 🤦‍♂️
I was thinking it was a parody at first tbh?

Last edited:

Ymir

God damn, cant even discuss enoying a chic fil a chicken sandwhich w/o people losing their shit.
LMAO that lock post from the new Admin:

Transistor said:
We're not going to host threads about enjoyment of homophobic fast food restaurants.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

God damn, cant even discuss enoying a chic fil a chicken sandwhich w/o people losing their shit.
Asshole locked the thread too. I like how he does a final jab before locking it.

Transistor

The Cashew Archduke​

Administrator
52 minutes ago

We're not going to host threads about enjoyment of homophobic fast food restaurants.

Besides, Popeyes chicken sandwich > Chick-fil-a any day of the week

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

I saw that coming from a mile away. The OP is a Gaf member and it involves praising CFA?

That'saPaddling.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That every Chick-Fil-A has a line wrapped around it twice for several hours every day should tell them that nobody cares what fringe lunatics on the internet think.

How much of that chicken sandwich goes to “hate causes”? Like $.0003? Labor is probably like half the cost of that sandwich and I guarantee you that those employees and the employees of any fast food restaurant are spending their wages on all kinds of “problematic” stuff.

Is it really about the money being spent or is it because the powers that be have decided to wage cultural war since their founder donated to anti-LGBT causes like 15 years ago?

Ymir

By Hecht in the community feedback thread

a3bh9l3_d.webp

Likes would be a bannable offense
We've officially reached the phase of "thought crimes" for bans on Resetera. Figures and drunken moron would think this is a good idea.

That every Chick-Fil-A has a line wrapped around it twice for several hours every day should tell them that nobody cares what fringe lunatics on the internet think.

How much of that chicken sandwich goes to “hate causes”? Like $.0003? Labor is probably like half the cost of that sandwich and I guarantee you that those employees and the employees of any fast food restaurant are spending their wages on all kinds of “problematic” stuff.

Is it really about the money being spent or is it because the powers that be have decided to wage cultural war since their founder donated to anti-LGBT causes like 15 years ago?
$0, they changed their charitable donations over a year ago from push back publicly about "funding hate".

Last edited:

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

Transistor

The Cashew Archduke​

Administrator
52 minutes ago

Besides, Popeyes chicken sandwich > Chick-fil-a any day of the week

The fact that this thread was locked, was stupid.. but I cannot condone someone saying CFA's chicken sandwich is worse than Popeye's. I will not stand for it. Popeye's is good, but CFA's sandwich is classic.

Also, unlike Popeye's, it's a pleasant experience when I go to CFA and they get my food in a timely manner despite the huge lines and are seemingly happy doing it. There's exactly one time I had a great experience with the service at a Popeye's. The others have been miserable. On the other hand, I never had a bad CFA customer service experience.

I am pleasantly surprised at how many in that thread thanked the OP for their service. That's one positive thing I'll take from it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned

How about how much charity does the church engage in? We know homelessness is huge in the queer community, who do these dipshits think is running food kitchens and shelters?

That’s the ironic thing. The church actually does far more to help people in need, including POC and queer people, than anyone, and they get endless shit for being “anti LGBT” because they don’t want to be forced to bake a cake or some other idiotic fringe issue. Apparently 4 billion a year in charity, feeding and clothing the needy, taking care of the global poor, regardless of who they are, doesn’t fucking matter at all because of some stupid pet political issue like bathroom “rights” or some bullshit.

If the church actually hated LGBT you would see wayyyy more starving homeless queer people with nowhere to go. You wouldn’t see same sex marriages accepted in churches around the world. It’s not like woke heroes Marvel or Disney are running homeless shelters and soup kitchens. They actually shy away from gay characters in their films because they want to appeal to homophobic global audiences. Yet these clueless consumer cucks are so bigoted against religion they fail to see the real world good it does. They embrace the companies who are merely using them and they hate the organization that helps millions of needy people a year. It’s entirely ass backwards.

Fucking ungrateful shits

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Admittedly I do agree with some of them. (A lot of the issues with drugs are more to do with the war on drugs than the drugs themselves. But drugs do still mess people up.)
The thing that annoys me in all of this - don’t be contrarian just because you disagree with stuff. I personally would legalise weed based on scientific data showing it’s less addictive and harmful than alcohol and tobacco, with only problem being on the state to assume the supply is legal.
But till it is illegal you have a few choices:
1. Create or support platform legalising drugs through a democratic process
2. Don’t do drugs
3. Do drugs but face consequences if caught

dave_d

The thing that annoys me in all of this - don’t be contrarian just because you disagree with stuff. I personally would legalise weed based on scientific data showing it’s less addictive and harmful than alcohol and tobacco, with only problem being on the state to assume the supply is legal.
But till it is illegal you have a few choices:
1. Create or support platform legalising drugs through a democratic process
2. Don’t do drugs
3. Do drugs but face consequences if caught
I guess the way that I look at this is the way I look at base jumping.(Although that's legal currently) I mean anybody that does that can say it's their life to do with as they please but they do need to accept the fact it's dangerous and the could very likely find themselves splattering on the ground as the result to the surprise of no one. Similarly doing drugs does have consequences, although both legal and physical in that case. I guess I pretty much agree with you if you do something you should accept the good and bad that can happen.

GeekyDad

Popeye’s Chicken Sandwich tastes like shit. CFA’s is heaven.

CFA’s breakfast biscuit is the best thing ever. They even put it on a heart shaped biscuit on Valentine’s Day.

Didn't realize. Wow, they actually closed that thread. How the fuck do you politicize fucking Chik-fil-a?

Last edited:
Status
Top Bottom