• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's even the point of a thread like this? If you've been there even only a month you know how it's gonna go.

ManaByte

one of us GIF

Ol'Scratch

I thought I would start a drinking game with era's favorite terms, of course starting with a favorite "gross"

Last edited:

Patriots7

They do understand that when they get off the playing field the republicans and democrats don't actually hate each other right? I mean there's actual photos of the Obamas hanging out with the Bushes, they get that right? I mean RBG and Scalia when they were done with cases used to go to the opera for fun together, they understand that right? Oh I'm sorry, they're super fans so they don't get that.
The current president pushed a racist, unfounded conspiracy theory about the former president for years.

Pretty sure there are plenty that do in fact hate each other.

dave_d

The current president pushed a racist, unfounded conspiracy theory about the former president for years.

I'll give you that one. Of course Trump is a bit of an exception in that both the republicans and democrats down deep hate him and he hates both of them in kind. (Oh sure, the republicans love the wins he gives them but they'd much rather prefer a real republican was president because they don't think he's one of them.)

dave_d

Actually if you want one that probably hates the Republicans you can look no further than Al Franken. Then again, the dems were probably very happy when they could bounce him for a real democrat. (Loved that he got them a seat though but when the time came they want anybody else and not some interloper.)

Ahti

Neo Member
Are there celebration threads over the lawsuit yet? I fully expect them to spam that with "ChristmAs CaME EArlY" (whilst they debate on which life path to start next)

Codiox

best comment i found on reddit:

“People who get too focused on their own identity are never pleasant to be around”

What an awesome comment.

All the time I thought I don't get it. But now I see there is nothing to get. These people have problems.

General opinion:
I have no problem if you are whatever you are. But don't shove it in my face all the time and try to drag every topic I want to discuss into a Trans topic. I DON'T CARE! I am only here for the games!

Also why is Resetera always thinking there is only one country in the world and its the USA?

I got attacked on your thanksgiving day via PM on Era. I don't give a fuck about your holidays, I'm german. A forum should be seen as universal, no nations, no country's. The internet has no country, no nationality.

dave_d

Calling someone a Nazi without any actual evidence is not a crime is US? In my country your ass will be sued immediately. In Germany too, if I remember correctly.
Nope since that's pretty much a 1st amendment thing and at least they haven't gutted that one too badly yet. Of course you can absolutely be sued for libel or slander but that can be really tricky to win.

Gal Galdot served as a personal trainer in the IDF during her two-year mandatory service that every citizen of Israel goes through. Despite that fact, the narrative among the anti-Semites at Era and on Twitter is that she was personally murdering Palestinian children. So there are always massive hate threads about her there.
It isn't anti-Semitic to criticize the IDF or the government of Israel, but it is really stupid to pin the blame of everything the IDF did to one actress. It distracts from the real issues and makes the critics look dumb.

Gal Galdot served as a personal trainer in the IDF during her two-year mandatory service that every citizen of Israel goes through. Despite that fact, the narrative among the anti-Semites at Era and on Twitter is that she was personally murdering Palestinian children. So there are always massive hate threads about her there.

someone posted this in the rest area review thread for wonder woman

Ahti

Neo Member
An even bigger Gal Godot "controversy" that might just kill RE and so many of my other lefty friends is the fact that she's been cast as Cleopatra. Dunno if y'all follow this but every time there's a discussion about who should be cast as Cleo, that whole sphere devolves into Anthropology 4 U all of a sudden debating around whether someone white playing Cleopatra is an example of whitewashing; and then that opens up to a honestly never ending, never productive discussion about whether Cleopatra herself was white, mixed, black etc.

What has never failed to amuse me is that these concepts are painfully post-1900s, being "mixed race" in the Ptolemy dynasty would mean absolutely nothing in the actual time period; and all the heavy inbreeding notwithstanding.

So yeah Gal is going to get a lot of random shit thrown @ her, especially now that it is trendy to arbitrarily call her "Zionist". My money bets on them ham-fisting Israel-Egypt relations, for which she will be a mere entry point.

An even bigger Gal Godot "controversy" that might just kill RE and so many of my other lefty friends is the fact that she's been cast as Cleopatra. Dunno if y'all follow this but every time there's a discussion about who should be cast as Cleo, that whole sphere devolves into Anthropology 4 U all of a sudden debating around whether someone white playing Cleopatra is an example of whitewashing; and then that opens up to a honestly never ending, never productive discussion about whether Cleopatra herself was white, mixed, black etc.

What has never failed to amuse me is that these concepts are painfully post-1900s, being "mixed race" in the Ptolemy dynasty would mean absolutely nothing in the actual time period; and all the heavy inbreeding notwithstanding.

So yeah Gal is going to get a lot of random shit thrown @ her, especially now that it is trendy to arbitrarily call her "Zionist". My money bets on them ham-fisting Israel-Egypt relations, for which she will be a mere entry point.

resetera already had a thread screeching about getting a non egyptian actress, then pivoted to something else when it was pointed out that cleopatra was greek

Ahti

Neo Member
resetera already had a thread screeching about getting a non egyptian actress, then pivoted to something else when it was pointed out that cleopatra was greek

Of course. This time though, the casting is final and not rumor-based (IIRC Angelina Jolie was also rumored to be a potential pick at one point).

dave_d

I wonder how they'd react if someone who wasn't French was picked to play Marie Curie.(Missing the whole point she was actually Polish.)

Seems like a fairly valid thing to bring up? Had the genders been reversed I doubt something like that would have been allowed in the movie

yea its totally valid but resetera has been jacking off about this movie for months and im curious to see if they dismiss it and continue to praise the film

Trickster

yea its totally valid but resetera has been jacking off about this movie for months and im curious to see if they dismiss it and continue to praise the film
Ah, fair enough. Yeah they probably will ignore it seeing how they seem to gush over wonder woman related stuff.

Arbitrarily picking and choosing what to get mad about is their thing afterall. I mean, just imagine a new movie or gaming coming out where the main character was a woman who was fighting in a skimpy outfit similar to in the WW movie. Hoo boy the reactions would be something. But somehow it's okay for WW

Last edited:

ivan.k

Nope since that's pretty much a 1st amendment thing and at least they haven't gutted that one too badly yet. Of course you can absolutely be sued for libel or slander but that can be really tricky to win.
So you can say anything you want, accuse anyone you want, and face no consequence at all

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

When you’re done here, please read my 7000 word essay on how Easter is a cover for indoctrinating children into human trafficers.

Paypal me.

IMG_1778.jpg

Rillania

Gold Member
mememe_b7c500d2b7ff34d435bdb991354888ac-1.jpg

Good god, let kids enjoy their childhood. Not everything is some big bad boogieman.

dave_d

So you can say anything you want, accuse anyone you want, and face no consequence at all
It depends. So you can sue for anything and you could sue for slander but if I remember right you can't win unless you can demonstrate damages. Plus if you're a public person people have a lot more leeway in what they can say about you and it not being slander. Oh, and if the person that's slandering you is a currently elected federal politician then you will lose. (Because they're allowed to slander you.)

Dick Jones

Gold Member

You mean Saint Nicholas? That Saint Nick may be promoting Christian beliefs and values. The same guy who doesn't give gifts to children of non-Christian faith. It's almost like there are cunts appropriating Christian beliefs and cultures like Santa Claus and Easter Eggs and slating religion but not realising where they came from. Say it ain't so.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Santa Claus suggests that there is an objective morality to the universe,something these amoral nihilists would of course find objection to.

dave_d

Are there celebration threads over the lawsuit yet? I fully expect them to spam that with "ChristmAs CaME EArlY" (whilst they debate on which life path to start next)
I'd make some smart ass remark about how upset they'll be when they find out he isn't their candidate, he's the candidate of Amazon, Google, and Facebook and they hate those companies. But then I'm reminded that when Obama/Biden screwed them over on student loans not only didn't they never seem to notice how badly they got reamed they voted for them again which is pretty much asking to be screwed more. (No, Banks don't own your loan for 120k, the federal government does. Thank Barry and Joe for that one.) So they'll never notice.

Jimx26

It should be illegal for some of the idiots in that thread to be allowed to have kids. I fear for future generations.
At least the majority of the responses were sane.

Ymir

Another beautiful thread, the usual suspects sprinting in to whine about religion on Christmas because they have no life and Neph the hobbit claiming it isn't because she likes free stuff.

Also, I love the lock message of it being a troll thread only after 6 pages and multiple admins and mods have responded to the thread like it's a real thread

Red Crayon said:
Please avoid making troll threads.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
See posts vid of Twitch streamer noticing he is going bald on stream.

PZbjvgy.png

A few other call out the streamer for being problematic but none of the posters seem to give a shit. I wonder if it will get a staff post / be locked soon.

teezzy

Banned
See posts vid of Twitch streamer noticing he is going bald on stream.

PZbjvgy.png

A few other call out the streamer for being problematic but none of the posters seem to give a shit. I wonder if it will get a staff post / be locked soon.

People who care that much about balding are so strange to me. I've embraced it for half a decade now, it's really not that hard to pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom