• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.
To be fair the only thing bad about online is the strip club....that was my only rule for letting my kids play that game.....they were ok to shoot police/punch women and drive over people but that dance club is off limits

nush

To be fair the only thing bad about online is the strip club....that was my only rule for letting my kids play that game.....they were ok to shoot police/punch women and drive over people but that dance club is off limits

I just played the game together with my son, kept away from all the story stuff and "Only bad men can use guns" and had a good time, all he cared about was driving the cars anyway.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It's the usual "Terrible, Tories/Brexiters are evil, duh-referendum-now!" shite. The fact there's a form of agreement achieved has properly triggered them.

The joke in the outrage is that everyone could call this theatre months ago. Talks going down the wire, reportedly breaking down, then - a last minute deal, Boris and Ursula emerging as heroes, with Merkel pulling the strings. Deal would not be particularly good for anyone involved but nobody will notice.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I wonder if anyone has talked smack about me on Era yet? I imagine they come here and post "examples" of people here or have their equivalent of this thread.

Tuff McNutt

I just played the game together with my son, kept away from all the story stuff and "Only bad men can use guns" and had a good time, all he cared about was driving the cars anyway.

I've played GTA with my 3 year old watching and trying to play. I just stuck with races and turned off people's mics. There are plenty of tamer alternatives to GTA if an older kid wants to play an open world game and just drive around, like Lego Undercover or the Need For Speed series. Or just play with Hot Wheels, RC cars, etc. with them. That whole thread is yet another Era screecher who is demanding every piece of media conforms to their view, in this case because they're too lazy to actually parent.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Probably not. Talking about GAF is not allowed on Resetera.

giphy.gif

Tuff McNutt

No Christmas threads over there? I'm shocked (sarcasm). They'll probably post one and just bitch about pagan appropriation or some such nonsense.

There will be some and they'll be the same rehashed stuff about how consumerism is bad or that they're all alone because they have no friends/are estranged from their family.

MilkLizard

I'm not going to say all landlords are trash*, but a lot of them aren't great. I know someone who is being sued by their landlord who is looking to get money from her and her boyfriend to upgrade the kitchen appliances, even though their lease explicitly says it's the landlord's responsibility. He's clearly trying to scare a poor working class couple into paying him money, knowing they don't have the time or money to fight him in court.

What's funny is the landlord is threatening to evict them if he doesn't get his money but they're moving out from the place anyways.

*This would so get me dogpilled and banned on Era. lol

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation right now. Landlord tries to sue me for water damages we had nothing to do with. Only difference being that this cunt does not scare me and my insurance pays for my lawyer so bring it on bitch. Glad we moved out earlier this year, we own the new place as well so all is good.

Ymir

LOL another good thread of people raging because OP's sister won't lock herself in the closet for all of quarantine. OUTSIDE IS DEATH

Poster's avatar seems familiar so I'm assuming some lunacy in other threads too. The sister is wearing a mask indoors at all times but literally trying to kill the parents.

Kegels said:
Live with our parents, both above age of 60. She wears a mask around the house at all times and insists when she meets people (1 on 1 meetings) they are safe - she went to a restaurant the other day and apparently they sat at separate tables away from everyone else. (Meanwhile I'm just like... why the fuck go to a restaurant at all)

I'm still livid she's even going out while she's home for a few weeks. What do you guys think? AITA?

Dad has been raring to go outside and "live in freedom" so didn't need to ask him what he thought, although now im worried he'll use this as an excuse to go out and meet people more. Mom has been home and says I should just try to reason with her without giving an opinion.

Death is coming for the parents. Could literally get them killed

taco543 said:
Yeah, I'd be pissed. Your parents are older, show them some respect and try not to get em killed.

This is why we have pandemics
Ikuu said:
And this is why the pandemic is so bad in the West.

Mentally slow blame space asks why restaurants exist...
blamespace said:
why do people even like going to restaurants pandemic notwithstanding?

Take a rapid test that have been proven to be wildly inaccurate when you don't show symptoms but hey they're the ones who believe science
Ouroboros said:
Ya I’d be pissed. Make her take a rapid test.

ASK HER TO LEAVE
tacocat said:
Your sister is a selfish idiot. She shouldn't be visiting at all, and restaurants.... WTF. She is only concerned with her own interests and she is putting you all at risk. You'd be right to ask her to leave.

Also former Jannies and the mentally ill are also attacking this person now:

Typhoon said:
Oh please. I hang with a few friends once a week. Their roommate got the virus and we all quarantined and got tested. Guess how many people got sick? Just their roommate. Turns out basic common sense works, who knew?

There's just too much to quote everything in this thread again.

Ymir

OMG SHE TOOK AN UBER

Kegels said:
Just realized she took an uber instead of one of our cars...?

Pancake man took a breather from whining about white people to whine about AMURIKA
Seductivepancakes said:
You ain't got to read the news and why the virus spread so quickly in the states. Just read through this thread.

LOL ultimatums must be given. You should give an ultimatum at someone else's house to another adult where the adult owners who own the house are ok with what's happening
Charcoal said:
That would be an issue for me as well.

I guess an ultimatum of sorts is needed, either she stops that behavior or spends the holidays by herself. I don't think you'd be an asshole to call her out at this point.

Asymptomatic spreading has been proven to be a minuscule amount of cases and not the thing people should be worrying about but yet again they don't believe science
Adventureracing said:
Have you been living under a rock for the past 12 months? Do you not understand that not everyone shows symptoms and you can spread it without even knowing you have the virus? Your posts are like a time warp back to the start of the year.

Also everyone else has already said it but you're acting selfishly and potentially spreading the virus without even realising it.

Everything wrong with america
xero93 said:
Perfectly indicative of what's wrong in America. When presented with arguments proving their reckless actions and beliefs, they cover their ears and leave instead of recognizing what they're doing. Only when it's far too late will they even consider that they may have been wrong. But until then, people who are actually taking this seriously are just a nuiscanse who "bugs" them.

An apt example of what your sister might say and do, @Kegels ! I hope this was informative and helps you formulate your talk with your family, if you go that route.

Holy shit, this guy has only left his apartment 8 times since March 🤯

Bing 147 said:
How is it not realistic? The number of times I've left my house and gotten out of my car since March? 8. 4 times for doctors appointments which couldn't wait, 3 trips to stores, and a day where I both got my flu shot and voted. (which I guess technically the flu shot was also in a store) One of those trips to the store was literally two minutes inside to pick up a prescription when the drive through of my pharmacy (which is in a grocery store) broke. Those other two trips to the store were also in August/September when cases were way down and both times I still went in the middle of the day to a huge warehouse store when there were no more than a handful of other people inside at the time. Since March, you know how many friends/family I've seen? My parents, twice. That's it. Both times my mom quarantined for at least two weeks first. The first time was when cases were way down and my dad was as safe as he could be with his job, while the second time was after he recovered from COVID and likely was immune. Even then I felt terribly guilty both times.

If people have to work, that's fine, be as safe as you can but our government has failed us and so people do still have to earn a living. Other than that though, you should be limiting this stuff as much as possible. Stay home. If everyone would just do so we'd have long since beaten this thing. I'll be gladly back to going places after I have my vaccine (aka, after I have the second dose and its had time to take effect), while still social distancing and masking of course. I can also understand the need to see someone now and then, I've given in twice and seen my parents. Meeting up with people multiple times a week though? Nah, get that out of here. That's just being irresponsible.

Last edited:

dave_d

So wait, they now think the pandemic is uniquely bad in the west? I mean previously when it seemed like the Germans had it under control we could argue maybe there's something to be done. However once they started having massive spikes just like everybody else it looks like there's really only 2 ways to have good numbers. The Taiwan model where you do everything you can possibly do to stop it from being established in the first place. The other of course the Chinese model where you blatantly lie about how it's affecting your country. (Right, I'm supposed to believe they eradicated the disease with extreme measures. It would possibly be the first time ever anybody has pulled that off.)

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
LOL another good thread of people raging because OP's sister won't lock herself in the closet for all of quarantine. OUTSIDE IS DEATH

Poster's avatar seems familiar so I'm assuming some lunacy in other threads too. The sister is wearing a mask indoors at all times but literally trying to kill the parents.

Death is coming for the parents. Could literally get them killed

This is why we have pandemics

Mentally slow blame space asks why restaurants exist...

Take a rapid test that have been proven to be wildly inaccurate when you don't show symptoms but hey they're the ones who believe science

ASK HER TO LEAVE

Also former Jannies and the mentally ill are also attacking this person now:

There's just too much to quote everything in this thread again.

Jesus, OP calling the U.S. a third world country....That's not the first time i've seen that posted on that site and everytime I do I have to roll my eyes..

graywolf323

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation right now. Landlord tries to sue me for water damages we had nothing to do with. Only difference being that this cunt does not scare me and my insurance pays for my lawyer so bring it on bitch. Glad we moved out earlier this year, we own the new place as well so all is good.
my last landlord charged me for a hallway light bulb that had burned out despite the fact my roommate was still living there & had broken said light (plus he was violating their no pet policy yet they did nothing about that despite the fact I'm allergic to cats)

dave_d

Jesus, OP calling the U.S. a third world country....That's not the first time i've seen that posted on that site and everytime I do I have to roll my eyes..
It's as though you can't go to a site like World Meters and just look up how other countries are doing compared to the US. (Answer pretty much the same as far as I can see except for a few outliers. It looks to me as though Taiwan managed to keep it from getting endemic and China is flat out lying. For a long time Germany was doing well, the best of any western country by far but then they got hit.) Oh and if you look you can see the US isn't the only one to get spikes recently.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's as though you can't go to a site like World Meters and just look up how other countries are doing compared to the US. (Answer pretty much the same as far as I can see except for a few outliers. It looks to me as though Taiwan managed to keep it from getting endemic and China is flat out lying. For a long time Germany was doing well, the best of any western country by far but then they got hit.) Oh and if you look you can see the US isn't the only one to get spikes recently.

You aren't kidding.

Top 25 sorted by deaths per capita

DJcG5RG.png

CSJ

It had to be white people. Couldn’t be black people flying to visit family, seeing as there is a higher rate in BAME people in general. No, has to be white people.

I was also going to post the same thing, there's a video of people on the flight complaining and yelling etc.
Guess what? Most of the faces you see ain't white and most of the people you hear sound Jamaican.

But of course UK = White and planes from UK = white in Resetera.
How about no? It sounds like nationals and people living in the UK from Jaimaica going home from Christmas.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member

fatty

dave_d

They do understand that when they get off the playing field the republicans and democrats don't actually hate each other right? I mean there's actual photos of the Obamas hanging out with the Bushes, they get that right? I mean RBG and Scalia when they were done with cases used to go to the opera for fun together, they understand that right? Oh I'm sorry, they're super fans so they don't get that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom