• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRyzzl

Neo Member
Orange Man loses and everyone there is still sad and angry about everything 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I think they're going to legit miss Trump. Like they really really loved making topics about him. Half of etcetera was what new thing Trump did/said. I dislike Trump as much as the next guy but you know what I don't do. Spend my every waking second talking about him. They're always spouting about them living rent free in peoples heads yet Trump has been doing that the last 4 years over there.

Just as we predicted right before the election. Trump was just a lightning rod for them.

Don't worry, they manage without him just fine. They already painted CDPR as a white suprematist company, folks like Black Chamber literal nazis, they compared their moderation to cop-killers only to fall back in line as bans started coming their way, and so on. They may no longer have THE catalyst in Trump, but they have plenty of backup plans for continous hate. And Trump certainly deserved it, but at the same time, for a community so convinced of deplatforming working... they could have just, not talked about him.

Mihos

Gold Member
I think they're going to legit miss Trump. Like they really really loved making topics about him. Half of etcetera was what new thing Trump did/said. I dislike Trump as much as the next guy but you know what I don't do. Spend my every waking second talking about him. They're always spouting about them living rent free in peoples heads yet Trump has been doing that the last 4 years over there.
They need someone to blame for their problems

Ahti

Neo Member
Some of these Jim comments are so strange lol. A bit over the top imo

Personally I like the content /some/ times but it has definitely fallen into a repetitive rut; and I remember being temporarily banned for fighting him/them on The Escapist Forums lmao back in the day for the same.

But overall as a person Jim's basically about like, 4 things - anti-microtransactions/overpricing; better working conditions; less dumb industry practices; and less overall BS. Maybe the delivery is abrasive and painfully unfunny (which it really can be, I fast forwarded through that CP77 "song") but in a vacuum those are…good things, no?

I mean I hope some of y'all just hate Jim as a person instead of believing the transition is an "alternative" to...losing weight. In what world is changing gender and/or going to the gym in a mutually exclusive binary? :messenger_tears_of_joy: There are literal trans women athletes with insane muscular frames, ones that are unattainable for 99% of people.. (Now whether or not they should compete in women's leagues is very contentious and is a whole other debate entirely)

Last edited:

ManaByte

I mean, seeing Jim Sterling in a dress, with makeup and even bigger tits would be one of the best things to come out of 2021, no?
the simpsons eye GIF

Personally I like the content /some/ times but it has definitely fallen into a repetitive rut; and I remember being temporarily banned for fighting him/them on The Escapist Forums lmao back in the day for the same.

But overall as a person Jim's basically about like, 4 things - anti-microtransactions/overpricing; better working conditions; less dumb industry practices; and less overall BS. Maybe the delivery is abrasive and painfully unfunny (which it really can be, I fast forwarded through that CP77 "song") but in a vacuum those are…good things, no?

I mean I hope some of y'all just hate Jim as a person instead of believing the transition is an "alternative" to...losing weight. In what world is changing gender and/or going to the gym in a mutually exclusive binary? :messenger_tears_of_joy: There are literal trans women athletes with insane muscular frames, ones that are unattainable for 99% of people.. (Now whether or not they should compete in women's leagues is very contentious and is a whole other debate entirely)

I hate him as person and my reaction to anything he does is informed by that opinion

cormack12

Gold Member

The problem with niche personalities like Jim is that they reach a position where they rely on their patreons, so compromise themselves on the basis of trying to keep patrons by vindicating their subs opinions. They trawl the internet looking for the safe 'controversial' opinions (i.e. those that are backed by extreme groups like era and twitter mobs), seeing what is ok to hate on but look virtuous supporting then regurgitate it for the ego of their subs.

(...)

But overall as a person Jim's basically about like, 4 things - anti-microtransactions/overpricing

For Jim to claim an item is overpriced Jim would need to know details like costs, financial situation and contractual obligations. Since Jim doesn't know squat, because these are generally, and justifiably, confidential, Jim's allegations are nothing but hot steam.

And even then, companies are entitled to price games as they please. No one is forcing Jim to buy anything. As for microtransactions, companies provide these services voluntarily and gamers purchase them voluntarily as well. What is there to object? Should I pass judgement on Jim's decision to spend money this or that way?

; better working conditions;

Yes, about that.

Let's set aside the potential results of Jim's trade unionism. Who is in a better position to assess working conditions? Jim, from the ivory tower of a YouTube Channel, or actual developers, who have reviewed the actual specific working conditions in the terrain and have determined for themselves they are acceptable to themselves, so much so they have signed contracts and renewed contracts?

Developers are.

less dumb industry practices;

Depends of what Jim means.

As long aa "dumb" industry practices do not violate individual rights, companies don't have to repent.

and less overall BS. Maybe the delivery is abrasive and painfully unfunny (which it really can be, I fast forwarded through that CP77 "song") but in a vacuum those are…good things, no?

No, they're not. Not even in a vacuum.
See above.

I mean I hope some of y'all just hate Jim as a person instead of believing the transition is an "alternative" to...losing weight. In what world is changing gender and/or going to the gym in a mutually exclusive binary? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I have no interest in Jim's personal life.
I have never commented on it. There's nothing for me to comment on, really.

Jim can do whatever Jim wants to.

But when Jim decides to cast pearls of wisdom about the gaming industry, suddenly, opinions arise within me.

Umbasaborne

Banned
My issues with jim have nothing to do with her life choices. If her transition will ultimatley put her in a better place mentally and emotionally, than thats great.

my issue with jim is the fact that she’s built an empire on negativity and click bait. Im not a fan of youtubers or any content creator whose entire identity is “look at how angry i am at these video games!!” Like yeah jim, most people who follow games agree with you. Putting on a costume and screaming about it wont change anything.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
My issues with jim have nothing to do with her life choices. If her transition will ultimatley put her in a better place mentally and emotionally, than thats great.

my issue with jim is the fact that she’s built an empire on negativity and click bait. Im not a fan of youtubers or any content creator whose entire identity is “look at how angry i am at these video games!!” Like yeah jim, most people who follow games agree with you. Putting on a costume and screaming about it wont change anything.
They. Just kidding. We don't pronoun police here. He's a bit a twat. One of those who hates anyone who disagrees with him.

Ionian

Perhaps a 'Jim Sterling' thread in gaming may be better.

Also micro-transactions are hardly anything new. First cosmetic, then P2W. Like C'mon.

Last edited:

Phobos Base

Jim is just a windsock who will spout whatever views give him the most progressive points. AAA/Capitalism bad (please give me Patreon money so I can buy loads of Boglins), crunch bad (unless it's Naughty Dog), exploiting customers bad (unless it's my friend Zoe Quinn and her Kickstarter scam), censorship bad (unless it's something I don't like).

Umbasaborne

Banned
They. Just kidding. We don't pronoun police here. He's a bit a twat. One of those who hates anyone who disagrees with him.

yeah ive always found their holier than thou attitude off putting, even like 6 years back when i first started seeing jims stuff show up on youtube.

A lot of games journalists have this“im
Better than you, and i dont like you” attitude when they discuss the public or people that consume their content.

Jason schreier does great investigative work, there is no doubt about that. But every time i see him interact with people online there is always this snark to everything he says.

Last edited:

Ahti

Neo Member
I'm sorry but I vehemently disagree with this and though I am not assuming anything about why, I will say I am puzzled to see a consumer essentially cape for aggressive monetization and/or general incompetence?

That "microtransactions are optional argument" has been, time and time again debunked and the argument is not "they don't have a right to do it!" but "why are they forcing aggressive monetization in a game that already costs a premium?" Your analogy of policing how Jim does/does not spend his money is a false equivalence as well - no one is policing people who buy them, but questioning why they exist. Companies like Ubisoft literally allow real world purchases deemed "time savers" - essentially demanding money for less time spent playing the game as designed. There are instances where microtransactions have been shoehorned into games before release. Companies, again, don't have to repent, but having said that what does that argument do? Should they or should not?

Video games are getting more expensive to make but they have also literally exponentially exploded in terms a) revenue and b) audience. There are actual statistics, articles, fact-based checking to correlate this. That someone does or does not have any "internal knowledge" is not enough to offset this fact. The gaming industry in fact has not only persevered, it thrives year on year, and given how digital formats have thrived within the pandemic, it's only going to eclipse more and more money. Freemium economies found in F2P games is fine, but this...is not.

So because Jim himself doesn't work as a developer he is unqualified to comment upon the status of workers, many of whom seek him out to get the word out? Uh. "If you hate it so much, you can always leave" is a phantom choice. This implies there is all-or-nothing (something we rightfully drag RE for, btw) - you either hate your job but be quiet because you work there (because you need money to...not starve?) OR you don't want to be a 24/7 workaholic and so should leave. Logically, these two are NOT opposite ends of the spectrum.

It just seems like some of the views here are often shaped as responses to someone else. Hate Jim, sure. I don't even like him much more. But because he hates micro-transactions, wants worker's rights, that shouldn't auto position you as against those things. At the end of the day, it's an irrelevant ass channel on YT, one amongst many.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Off topic but i feel a little sad when i read Stephen King's twitter, its all Trump this Trump that Trump every day, its alright to dislike the guy/government and vent sometimes, but i wish he talked about other things, there are many horror authors with fun pages but SK seems like he is on constant trigger mode :'^(

Now i wonder with Trump gone how things could change..

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Off topic but i feel a little sad when i read Stephen King's twitter, its all Trump this Trump that Trump every day, its alright to dislike the guy/government and vent sometimes, but i wish he talked about other things, there are many horror authors with fun pages but SK seems like he is on constant trigger mode :'^(

Now i wonder with Trump gone how things would change..
He will be equally scrutinous of Biden of course HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ionian

Now i wonder with Trump gone how things could change..
Off-Topic but related to horror and Stephen King;

Dunno how he's still alive, was also a favourite of mine as a teen. (Last book was shit though, he very obviously didn't write it all).

I'm sorry but I vehemently disagree with this and though I am not assuming anything about why, I will say I am puzzled to see a consumer essentially cape for aggressive monetization and/or general incompetence?

Your puzzlement is not an argument.

Principled positions often require people to defend stances that are, in the short-term, at least, disadvantageous to them.

It's called having principles.

That "microtransactions are optional argument" has been, time and time again debunked and the argument is not "they don't have a right to do it!" but "why are they forcing aggressive monetization in a game that already costs a premium?"

If it's been "debunked" "time and time again", why are you doing such a poor job at it?

They are doing it because A) companies want to cut a profit - a critical ambition, B ) because companies absolutely can legitimately do it, and, last but not least, C ) if numbers are anything to go by, because customers do want MTX with just as much eagerness.

This means all interested parties have entered the transaction voluntarily, which is what is required for it not to be an infringement upon individual rights.

I also would like to point out the trademark usurpation of language. No, companies are not "forcing" anything. You are not "forced" to engage in microtransactions. You are offered MTX, which you can purchase or pass at your own complete discretion.

Pay-to-win MTX would deserve additional comment, but I'll assume you're simply discussing cosmetics.

Your analogy of policing how Jim does/does not spend his money is a false equivalence as well - no one is policing people who buy them, but questioning why they exist.

They exist because A ) companies want to sell these services and goods and B ) customers want to buy these services and goods. And since the rights of third parties are not being infringed upon, the sort of moral condescension usually used when passing comment about people purchasing them is vapid and void.

MTX generate revenue for companies. MTX generate sensorial pleasure for gamers. MTX do not violate the rights of third parties.

I'd say it's case closed.

Companies like Ubisoft literally allow real world purchases deemed "time savers" - essentially demanding money for less time spent playing the game as designed.

As I said before, pay-to-win MTX would deserve additional comments. At this point, I'm not going to waste time on a fringe issue. I'd rather address the core principle, which is exemplified by paid cosmetics.

There are instances where microtransactions have been shoehorned into games before release. Companies, again, don't have to repent, but having said that what does that argument do? Should they or should not?

They should stray true to the capitalist motto: engage in win-win voluntary transactions with customers. That includes offering paid cosmetics, which, evidently, customers crave.

Companies voluntarily offer, customers voluntarily buy.

Video games are getting more expensive to make but they have also literally exponentially exploded in terms a) revenue and b) audience.

Irrelevant.

Thank goodness this isn't Cuba or North Korea. In a free market economy, companies get to decide how much they charge. Guess what will happen to a product the vast majority of potential customers deem overpriced? It will flop.

No. In a free market economy, the best there is, the State doesn't set prices.
Jim Sterling is not the State by proxy of the gaming industry.

Yes, Jim, lacks the bare minimum of knowledge required to assert a specific game is overpriced and, just as importantly, Jim lacks the legitimacy to set prices.

There are actual statistics, articles, fact-based checking to correlate this. That someone does or does not have any "internal knowledge" is not enough to offset this fact.

It most definitely is.

Only under central planning, but definitely not under a free market economy, is a company required to price its products according to a certain mark up. No. I can mark up my costs the way I see fit. I can multiply my cost by 1,000,000,000% , if I so desire. You, in turn, as a customer, can give me the middle finger.

That's the cosmic beauty of a free market economy.

The gaming industry in fact has not only persevered, it thrives year on year, and given how digital formats have thrived within the pandemic, it's only going to eclipse more and more money. Freemium economies found in F2P games is fine, but this...is not.

You asserting it's not fine is an unsubstantiated assertion. Asserted, but not substantiated, therefore dismissed.

So because Jim himself doesn't work as a developer he is unqualified to comment upon the status of workers, many of whom seek him out to get the word out?

Jim can offer comment on whatever Jim pleases.
I am not looking to censor Jim. I'm of the opinion inane arguments need to be on display, so they can be properly scalped.

In a free market economy, both parties enter voluntary partnerships they find beneficial, win-win relationships. A company lays out the conditions under which they'll accept to employ a developer. A developer lays out the conditions under which they'll accept to be employed by a company. Both parties let the other know the terms and conditions they find acceptable. If they reach an agreement, great. A contract is written, both parties are made aware of the terms well in advance, and both parties voluntary sign the contract.

But no. Here comes Jim letting developers know the contract they have voluntary signed is not appealing to Jim. Gee.

But let's say a developer become dissatisfied, after having signed that piece of paper that goes by the name of a contract. They have several options at their disposal. They can try to negotiate with the compony, they can unionize. But the company is under no obligation whatsoever to give in to the requests. For whatever reason, the company can and is entirely free to decline. It might not be in the company's best interests to decline, it might be foolish for a company to decline, but it is still well within their sovereignty to decline.

Developers can then go on strike, they can quit, they can go and work for the competition, or they can start their own studio, risk and manage their own money, and build that fabled Worker's Paradise, with no crunch, absolute creative freedom, low price tags for games, and still cut a decent profit.

It's all voluntary.
It's all up to both parties to decide.

Uh. "If you hate it so much, you can always leave" is a phantom choice.

No, it's not. A company is under no obligation to offer you a position under terms and conditions you'll find palatable. Ultimately, try to bargain. Go on strike. Didn't work? Too bad. Put up with it or choose to fuck off.

This implies there is all-or-nothing (something we rightfully drag RE for, btw) - you either hate your job but be quiet because you work there (because you need money to...not starve?) OR you don't want to be a 24/7 workaholic and so should leave. Logically, these two are NOT opposite ends of the spectrum.

On the contrary, market economies have built-in inherent self-correcting mechanisms.

What happens to a company which continuously refuses to accommodate workers' demands? They go work for the competition. The best certainly will. Companies that want to stay at the top of their game will want to attract and retain top talent.

There's the mechanism for you.

It just seems like some of the views here are often shaped as responses to someone else.

I'm unburdened by your impression.

Conversely, my impression is now that you've been unexposed to an entire significant section of the political spectrum and its arguments ever since you gained political conscience.

That, however, is irrelevant.

Hate Jim, sure.

There you go misrepresenting.

Where did I say I hate Jim?
On the contrary, I have said Jim can do whatever Jim wants, provided Jim doesn't encroach upon the rights of others.

I vehemently disagree with Jim's positions.
Surely you can acknowledge the difference between hating Jim and vehemently disagreeing with Jim, no?

I don't even like him much more. But because he hates micro-transactions, wants worker's rights, that shouldn't auto position you as against those things.

That's not why I disagree with Jim.
I disagree with Jim because Jim is demonstrably wrong.

Last edited:

Ahti

Neo Member
...lol

It's giving that one person on RE who spaces out everything line by line to essentially say...nothing.

"Consumers want MTX!!"....as if the biggest revenue from MTX doesn't come from what companies literally themselves deem "whales" because of how much they spend within the economy to the point where the sole purpose is to be able to hook this minority that vastly outspends the other.

I'm not doing a poor job of anything - you certainly are though thinking you're "scalping" anything when it is just a "vapid and void" wall of nothing that says "WELL THEY CAN DO IT!!!" ad nauseum. No one has implied that MTX are illegal. Your entire random capitalist meltdown might score you some approvals but is devoid of any substance because it is a word salad that attempts to dodge everything that was said by "dissecting" it in a framework that wasn't a part of the question.

No one said my puzzlement is an argument and for someone adding so much pretense to their post one would assume that some critical reading would be employed - I didn't say /you/ hate Jim, that para begins with "some of the views". If you're not one of the views addressed, why bother when it's a general comment? Is the cheap, pedestrian "ha, gotcha!" worth it?

Adding in some frankly, bizarre "this isn't Cuba!!!1" for good measure and yet assuming I don't have exposure to political spectrums.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Off-Topic but related to horror and Stephen King;

Dunno how he's still alive, was also a favourite of mine as a teen. (Last book was shit though, he very obviously didn't write it all).
Yeah i heard a couple weeks ago that Barker comes back strong in 2020 :D always been surprised he stayed so silent for many years, being one of the greats, but now it seems things are working out for him there is lot of potential for fun stories, streaming TV,series/movie, new books, anthologies, etc.

So, will the "CDPR is transphobic" thread be sticked until the end of time? Any bets when it would be unstickied? Or would that spark some sort of "revolution" or "trans exodus"? Does Kyuuji have the mods by the balls that hard? It's the same 3-4 fucking people incessantly posting in it, it's been dead for a long time. Irony is that after all that buildup, they couldn't find 1 legitimately transphobic thing in the actual game. It's all been grasping at straws and "side-eying".

Ctrl+f "voluntary" - 5 results
Ctrl+f "voluntarily" - 5 results
Ctrl+f "free market economy" - 5 results

fvnBPhE.jpg

You've learned 3 new words today, is it?
Progress.

...lol

It's giving that one person on RE who spaces out everything line by line to essentially say...nothing.

When you have nothing of worth to counter with, I suppose your best option is to claim the other side is saying "nothing".

Some "nothing" that you disagree with then.

"Consumers want MTX!!"....as if the biggest revenue from MTX doesn't come from what companies literally themselves deem "whales" because of how much they spend within the economy to the point where the sole purpose is to be able to hook this minority that vastly outspends the other.

That in no way refutes the fact a significant consumer segment wants MTX, as evidenced by the fact they spend money on MTX.

If only these people would give you a call and ask for permission or guidance, right?
Regrettably, your infinite wisdom is not readily available to the populace.

I'm not doing a poor job of anything - you certainly are though thinking you're "scalping" anything when it is just a "vapid and void" wall of nothing that says "WELL THEY CAN DO IT!!!" ad nauseum.

You're not doing a poor job.
It's a piss poor job.

Let the thread know when you have an argument to offer.

Meanwhile, because the record clearly shows this, I am not claiming, never did, it's an all-or-nothing situation. On the contrary. This is now the third time I have described the many alternatives available to developers. Maybe, at long last, at the third attempt it will register with you:

- They can try to bargain and negotiate
- They can go on strike
- They can threaten to leave
- They an indeed leave and apply for a similar position at a competitor
- They can start their own studio

5, five, alternatives.
Only in your mind are five alternatives an all-or-nothing scenario.

Somehow Jim didn't make the cut.

No one has implied that MTX are illegal.

My point is not of legality, but of morality. The morality inherent in voluntary - here's that word you're so unfamiliar with - voluntary transactions.

Your entire random capitalist meltdown

That's what's happening inside your brain, I'm afraid.

might score you some approvals but is devoid of any substance because it is a word salad that attempts to dodge everything that was said by "dissecting" it in a framework that wasn't a part of the question.

Let the thread know when you have a rebuttal worthy of the name.

No one said my puzzlement is an argument and for someone adding so much pretense to their post

pretense?

one would assume that some critical reading would be employed - I didn't say /you/ hate Jim, that para begins with "some of the views". If you're not one of the views addressed, why bother when it's a general comment? Is the cheap, pedestrian "ha, gotcha!" worth it?

I don't even know what you're talking about. Be more precise.

Adding in some frankly, bizarre "this isn't Cuba!!!1" for good measure and yet assuming I don't have exposure to political spectrums.

After your insinuation that people were taking in the polar opposite of Jim's position just because they wanted to be contrarians. You disclosed your impression. I disclosed my impression - but added it was irrelevant.

Last edited:

Raven117

Jason schreier does great investigative work, there is no doubt about that. But every time i see him interact with people online there is always this snark to everything he says.
Well, he "investigates" video games for a living. So obviously he has superior and moral authority.

Ionian

Yeah i heard a couple weeks ago that Barker comes back strong in 2020 :D always been surprised he stayed so silent for many years, being one of the greats, but now it seems things are working out for him there is lot of potential for fun stories, streaming TV,series/movie, new books, anthologies, etc.
I seriously hope so but considering his waning health (for decades) I hope he writes it and not someone else.

Also a Nightbreed series would be amazing, always loved that film. (The recovered original cut even more so) ;)

Ahti

Neo Member
"let the thread know" x 2 "the record shows" BRUHHH :messenger_tears_of_joy: And then quoting "pretense" with a question mark. Comedy. Maybe the real REEEE was us along?

No, you did not teach anyone anything with your word-of-the-day quota posts. If anything it just shows how stunted your ability to "scalp" anything is if you essentially have to repeat the crux of what you're saying -it's a free market they can do what they want fuck off -x 20 - into whatever these posts are supposed to be. Everything good, my man?

I just told you - the majority of the money from MTX comes from a small base that is literally internally codified as whales due to their financial stature. The revenue thus does NOT reflect the average spending and everything around that is designed to hook in that minority.

Thank you for telling me of the six alternatives that I totally did not know of and/or that whole how to 101 on...capitalism? Thanks for again, barely being able to address what is being spoken of but putting on the pretense - yes, pretense - that you do. And then saying F2P is a "fringe" issue.

ALL this over the *unfathomable* notion that being a video game developer doesn't have to be a (sometimes) abusive, disastrous mess and that just because it is permissible under the system doesn't mean it isn't a wholly unnecessary practice. Jeez.

The unmitigated irony in you asking me to "be more precise". Boring! Moving on now.

Last edited:

Ahti

Neo Member
At this point you two should probably just make a new thread to discuss this, we're getting pretty far off topic.
The topic being laughing at REE.
Apologies. Yea, I am not addressing that anymore. If I wanted unnecessary essays misframing essentially simple arguments, I would have registered on RE.

Speaking of which someone just posted a Nepenthe one! Let me brew some coffee to sip on whilst reading.

"let the thread know" x 2 "the record shows" BRUHHH :messenger_tears_of_joy: And then quoting "pretense" with a question mark. Comedy. Maybe the real REEEE was us along?

After the Greek tragedy of yous posts, I though some light comedy would be appropriate.

No, you did not teach anyone anything with your word-of-the-day quota posts. If anything it just shows how stunted your ability to "scalp" anything is if you essentially have to repeat the crux of what you're saying -it's a free market they can do what they want fuck off -x 20 - into whatever these posts are supposed to be. Everything good, my man?

Yet, apparently, you didn't get the gist of it, did you?
Maybe it will require an additional 20 repetitions.

I just told you - the majority of the money from MTX comes from a small base that is literally internally codified as whales due to their financial stature. The revenue thus does NOT reflect the average spending and everything around that is designed to hook in that minority.

The point stands. People who are spending the money want to spend the money. They want those items. Therefore those items are provided.

I am sure they're devastated you disapprove of them buying those items.
Devastated.

Thank you for telling me of the six alternatives that I totally did not know of and/or that whole how to 101 on...capitalism?

Those were a demonstration that you claims of me painting the situation as an all-or-nothing scenario were - drum roll - false.
Thanks for again, barely being able to address what is being spoken of but putting on the pretense - yes, pretense - that you do. And then saying F2P is a "fringe" issue.

Your memory is betraying you, yet again.
I said Pay-to-win MTX were a fringe issue in the context of this conversation.

Can't you get one thing right?
One thing?

ALL this over the *unfathomable* notion that being a video game developer doesn't have to be a (sometimes) abusive, disastrous mess

First you need to establish MTX are "abusive" and a "disastrous mess":
Simply asserting it won't cut it, I'm afraid.

and that just because it is permissible under the system doesn't mean it isn't a wholly unnecessary practice. Jeez.

Ah, you do struggle with the concept of free market economies.

In a free market economy, who gets to determine what's "necessary"?
It's not Jim, it's not Dear Leader Mr. Anti.

No!

People and companies get to decide for themselves what products are "necessary".
People express their take that a product is "necessary" by purchasing it. They vote with their wallet. Companies get the message a product is "necessary" when it's bought and cuts them a profit.

The unmitigated irony in you asking me to "be more precise". Boring!

My goal in life is to entertain you.

Last edited:

Ahti

Neo Member
...Anyways,

Moving on to a far more interesting, non-repetitive long post: Nepenthe's.

I must say it is some top tier trolling to say "ultimately....a lot of you are right about something: we're the ones with power" as an...admin :messenger_tears_of_joy: The users certainly got that right. But reading that in context of the bigger post is quite something. I refuse to believe the staff has "weekly meetings" over this stuff. That is very sad if true.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when u think about how much time the admins spend self glorifying and justifying their power, i totally believe it. Era moderation is the biggest, hardest cross to bear, and these people love nothing more than self-cruxicifiction.

out of all the time they spend "working" on the site i would imagine 50% of it or more is just them griping about how hard they have it.

Ahti

Neo Member
That does make sense but given...everything, so many people got demodded recently, right? And it seems historically all it takes is one major "controversy" to get the heads (t)rolling.

Can't imagine them regularly "meeting" when the whole thing is so volatile. Literally any small thing can set it off on there. When you end up meeting your mods over discord and 5 of them have already quit :messenger_hushed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom