• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 -- Pal Box-Art

Code_Link

residentevil4-box.jpg

Sorry if old.

Looks great!

SantaC

noooooo the old was much was better and more stylish. They just took the title screen of the demo :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
:lol :lol :lol

regarding the earlier cool boxart, what I said

Chittagong said:
Now that I'm back with my PowerBook, I noticed rightaway that this is a FAKE. The super sharp and bright display with good distinction in the dark end of the color range of reveals that the Nintendo and GameFront logos we're cut and pasted with a rectangular marquee tool over the image. The black does not match fully with the background. Also, you can see a "PAL" text shining through the Nintendo logo.

If you have a lesser display, you can see the same by bringing it into Photoshop and using Brightness +50 / Contrast +70.

A really stylish fake, for once. Although the lack of the PAL text and the funny colors should have given it away immediately.

what you said

solarplexus said:
In the last years gamefront never released a fake packshot. Furthermore many other european sites got this boxart straight from Capcom today.

what I said

Chittagong said:
I'd love this to be the real thing. However, it's beyond me how Capcom would send out such a mock-up although they have the official Nintendo templates, as does their UK design agency. The following things bother me, fake or not:

#1 The Capcom logo in odd color. Not seen that before and it is very rare for a company to alter a classic logo even for such an important event.

#2 Why have the Nintendo symbols been pasted over the artwork in bitmap format retaining their background, although the Nintendo templates have the vector originals?

#3 Why is the "PAL" text shining through from behind the Nintendo logo when you touch contrast and brightness sliders in photoshop?

#4 Why is there no "PAL" text normally in the pack front?

#5 Where is the ratings icon?

The last one is easiest, as ratings come in later probably. Again, any of the above questions do not mean that it would be 100% certainly fake, but they sure make it look unprofessional, although very cool in design.

and I was starting to hesitate a bit

Chittagong said:
Looks more legit, although that PAL text there still makes me go hmm... Oh well, at least I was correct about the PS2 new model Press Release being real. :)

but what what finally - correct about the PS2 press release being legit and this being fake! Yay for the big success in my life

GAMEFRONT EDITOR >>>
Owned.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Chittagong said:
:lol :lol :lol

regarding the earlier cool boxart, what I said

what you said

what I said

and I was starting to hesitate a bit

but what what finally - correct about the PS2 press release being legit and this being fake! Yay for the big success in my life

GAMEFRONT EDITOR >>>
Owned.jpg

But couldn't it also be that Capcom simply decided to switch to another boxart before release?

Top Bottom