• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 trailer (Spoiler alert? Perhaps)

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
For some odd reason, I had never gotten around to viewing the "new" Resident Evil 4 trailer... I've seen game footage and tried the demo at e3, but never actually viewed Capcom's released footage...

Now, I have a question... last I heard, there was some sort of mystery as to whether there were zombies in the game... but the trailer seems to feature a verbal exchange between Leon and some other guy, who mentions that folks "show some sign before they change"... and one of the monks has a rather scarred face -- the monk ALSO seems to lunge at Leon with the traditional "zombie neck bite" attack.

Does anyone know anything more than this? The trailer seems to heavily imply that 1) zombies have returned, and 2) there's a virus at work...

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
These are not your grand daddy's zombies... from the trailers I've seen they seem to be much more intelligent talking and such, use weapons, and have more speed to them. At least that's what I got from the trailers... if I was interpreting what I was seeing correctly.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
The official word is no zombies. Some of the comments made by Kobayashi and Mikami seem to hint that they may be there afterall though. But it's kinda hard to tell. They could just be teasing and the translations may not properly convey what they're saying.

Well there is definitely something wrong with the Villagers, that's making them this way...We'll find out sometime in RE4.

ohamsie

My guess is that they aren't humans turned into zombies via a virus, but they are new creatures designed from scratch to resemble humans.

Top Bottom