• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

Arsenic13

Version 1.0.2 Now Available

• Removed mouse acceleration on/off toggle from the Keyboard & Mouse controller setup screen. “AIMING MODE” option is now present instead, and mouse sensitivity settings have been re-tuned to accommodate the new setting.
  • Users can now choose between "CLASSIC" and "MODERN" mouse controls under AIMING MODE. "MODERN" setting makes the aiming utilize native mouse functionality giving it a more neutral feel while "CLASSIC" retains the previous calibration from the original game.
  • "GAME RESET" under "RETRY OR RELOAD" has been relabeled to "RETURN TO MAIN MENU"
  • Relabeled “POST PROCESS” in graphics option to ‘COLOR FILTER’
  • Master volume level increased.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed ready-knife delay when using mouse and keyboard.
  • Calibrated animation speed at which pottery, lamps, boxes, barrels etc. fall apart when frame rate is set to 60fps. Set pieces getting destroyed during cutscenes such as the castle gate and gazebo have also been recalibrated.
  • Fixed an issue with the character performing quick turns when pressing aim while turning.
  • Reduced possible audio desynchronization during cutscenes.
  • Fixed texture on Ada's Blacktail (Bottle cap)
  • Fixed flickering or prolonged black screen during active gameplay on the Water level in Mercenaries Mode.
  • Fixed problem with Krauser's bow in Mercenaries Mode Castle level.
  • Fixed problem with enemies not spawning (Garrador, Leader Cultist etc.) in Mercenaries Mode Castle Level.
  • Fixed an eggsploit where hens lay eggs at twice the rate when frame rate is set to 60fps.
  • Removed green flashing screen that appeared after pre-rendered cutscenes.
  • Fixed Leon’s distorted voice when he lands a roundhouse kick on Verdugo while he’s still frozen.
  • Fixed flickering in the first custscene of chapter 5-1.
  • Mine cart QTE difficulty reduced for PRO level difficulty.
  • Restored the blue light bloom effect from the merchant’s torch.

Are QTEs still fucked 40% of the time when using a controller at 60fps mode?

L+R always works, but X+A fails half the time on average. And yes, I'm not a fucking moron, I'm getting it right and well on time.

FUCKING MINECART

ACE THE GAMEPLAY SECTIOn, QTE WON'T REGISTER MY HITS

andthebeatgoeson

Might be closer to 90%. Too many veteran players are dying like crazy. I've never died more than 5 times on any run with gcn or Wii. First El gigante and I can't get the qte to register without predicting the button input and starting early. There has to be a small window.

epmode

L+R always works, but X+A fails half the time on average. And yes, I'm not a fucking moron, I'm getting it right and well on time.

I had the same exact issue in the beta two days ago. L+R is fine, X+A fails very often. Really frustrating.

I'm very close to the Krauser fight and I fear the worst.

scitek

A handful of my deaths on Professional were during the Krauser fight when he would slam the ground and I'd X+A. Leon would backflip, but instead of missing me, Krauser would sill land the hit and kill me. I ended up dropping it to 30fps and beating it that way just in case it was the 60fps causing it to happen.

Unai

FUCKING MINECART

ACE THE GAMEPLAY SECTIOn, QTE WON'T REGISTER MY HITS

Pressing X + A + LT + RT seems to be a workaround.

My trainer makes that possible: http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/507/ (note, it's not compatible with beta patches)

It is buggy though. Carrying or equipping certain weapons will cause a crash, and all of the hunnigan cutscenes will cause a crash (you can avoid it by mashing the cutscene skip button).

I'm not sure if people were ever able to make mercenaries characters work without crashes in original PC port either.

What about weapons from the mercenaries, do they work without issues in the main campaign? Wesker's silencer is pretty neat, and I would love to be able to play the main campaign with it.

AllenShrz

So is it worth the purchase or the CG/Wii versions are still the superior versions?

Is it different from the 360/ps3 release besides the 60fps to warrant the purchase?

Braag

Finished it couple days ago, JUST after sigma released the shader fix...
I'll probably replay it again after the patch comes out of beta.

Sectus

For anyone using it, I just updated my trainer to be compatible with v1.0.2 of the game. And I got this working: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/432650196082365873/2C9A44C7015A84DF072DE4214E0391ABD551429A/

Download link: www.tzarsectus.com/tools/modmanager.rar

Leon Mafia in cutscenes is bit buggy though. If you change Ashley outfit to something besides Ashley armour, it actually works better.

What about weapons from the mercenaries, do they work without issues in the main campaign? Wesker's silencer is pretty neat, and I would love to be able to play the main campaign with it.

I've seen someone add silencer to campaign inventory, so I think it works. My trainer doesn't have inventory editing though. You can try this trainer for that: http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/796/ultimate-item-modifier-v1-3

Curufinwe

Me neither. It cuts out the maze.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Easy_Mode

In Resident Evil 4, only the PAL version of PS2 and Wii has Easy. In this mode for Resident Evil 4, the player will start out with a shotgun along with the standard supplies. Easy Mode is not available on the PC, Gamecube and Playstation 2 and Wii NTSC versions.

Also, a Maze in Chapter 3-2, is unaccessible. Thus player can proceed to the door to continue the game.

Grief.exe

Me neither. It cuts out the maze.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Easy_Mode

In Resident Evil 4, only the PAL version of PS2 and Wii has Easy. In this mode for Resident Evil 4, the player will start out with a shotgun along with the standard supplies. Easy Mode is not available on the PC, Gamecube and Playstation 2 and Wii NTSC versions.

Also, a Maze in Chapter 3-2, is unaccessible. Thus player can proceed to the door to continue the game.

That is really interesting.

sprinkles

My gaming time is really limited this month so I just finished the game (for the first time ever). I had a good time with the game but I liked the later ones better tbh (Revelations and 6 for sure, with 5 it's a tossup).

My first RE experiences - aside from 2 on PC in the late 90s - were all recently, in the last ~two years, so maybe I just don't have that nostalgia.

Is it worth playing through Seperate Ways for the story? I played the first chapter but it just seems to be some side stuff in the same levels as the main game.

Mr Swine

Banned
How is the seperate way expansion, is the graphics the GC/Wii version or the PS2 version with worse geometry, textures and whatnot?

Curufinwe

The way it ties together with the main story and explains mysteries like
whatever happened to Leon's jacket
is pretty cool. But you're also using a unique set of weapons with the same great gameplay.

For anyone using it, I just updated my trainer to be compatible with v1.0.2 of the game. And I got this working: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/432650196082365873/2C9A44C7015A84DF072DE4214E0391ABD551429A/

Download link: www.tzarsectus.com/tools/modmanager.rar

Leon Mafia in cutscenes is bit buggy though. If you change Ashley outfit to something besides Ashley armour, it actually works better.

I've seen someone add silencer to campaign inventory, so I think it works. My trainer doesn't have inventory editing though. You can try this trainer for that: http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/796/ultimate-item-modifier-v1-3

BqFcHNA.jpg
Thanks Sectus! Your posts regarding the modding options for RE5 convinced me to pick it up during a steam sale. Once again I have benefitted from your help!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but there seems to be a bug with the village level in Mercs, at least when playing Ada. Enemies begin to spawn in very small numbers and congregate near the building that leads to the church.

Miker

Beta Patch 1.0.3 news: http://steamcommunity.com/app/254700/discussions/0/558751179735696637/

Change log
New Feature:
Laser color can now be customized by editing the RGB value in config.ini file located in ...\Documents\My Games\Capcom\RE4\config.ini.

Changes can be made by altering values from 0 to 255 for each of the base colors (laserR = red; laserG = green; laserB = blue). laserA changes the transparency level of the dot.

Example for Blue laser with visible laser dot:
laserR 0
laserG 0
laserB 255
laserA 255

To return to the factory setting (red laser sight), simply enter -1 for laserA and save.

Important note: these variables will not be present in the config.ini file before this patch. In order to make them appear, simply enter graphic settings, return to main menu, and close the game.

Various minor bug fixes:
Fixed the “jumping” animation that occurred when quickly aiming up/down while drawing a weapon ("modern" mode)
Fixed the sound effect volume when Leon stabs
Saddler in the eye
(Final Chapter).
Fixed missing texture on the barrel right before the jet-ski ride.
Fixed corrupted water in "Salazar statue room" in 60 fps mode.
Fixed additional camera flash during the church cutscene (end of Chapter 2-1).
Fixed rate of lightning strikes during Chapters 2-1 and 2-2.
Fixed "modern" sensitivity affecting game pad's left/right turn speed during aim mode.
Re-tuned mouse sensitivity to reduce discrepancy between camera speed and aim speed when using "Modern" control setting.
Fixed weak controller vibrations when shooting guns in 60fps mode.
Fixed a bug causing broken plank to sound like broken glass before encountering
the chainsaw sisters
in Chapter 2-3.
Fixed grey screen appearing before church puzzle in Separate Ways/Another Order.
Fixed possible freezes in Separate Ways/Another Order after QTEs during cutsenes.
Fixed the speed of seeker robots prior to
Krauser boss fight
in 60fps mode (Chapter 5-3).

The vibration fix sounds great. I was playing with my Dualshock 4 and it was feeling a bit weak, but I chalked that up to the controller, but maybe it was a bug.

Grief.exe

More patches to come!

Lastly, there will be more beta patch(es) after version 1.0.3 as there are still few more issues the team will be tackling such as the missing bloom effect on certain torch lights and oil lamps, among other things. Some of these didn't make the cut in 1.0.3, but we hope to reintroduce them in subsequent updates once they function reliably.

We look forward to your feedback!

Top Bottom