• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 - Ultimate HD Edition |OT| Welcome back, stranger!

1_by_thesheerog-d7b3tum.gif

Finished Resident Evil 4 for my first time ever!
Really enjoyable game, died a bunch(Mostly to QTEs) but the game has some really fun shooting to it, and the writing is pretty funny as well
(Ashley going "No way" when they're about to jump into the trash and Leon going "Way!" was hilarious)

I didn't explore that much, but do they ever explain what happens to the merchant after the end of the game? He was a good man ;-;

edit:
My leaderboards ranking is 1,003, not too bad considering I had no idea what I was doing for the majority of the game, haha.

Finished Resident Evil 4 for my first time ever!
Really enjoyable game, died a bunch(Mostly to QTEs) but the game has some really fun shooting to it, and the writing is pretty funny as well(Ashley going "No way" when they're about to jump into the trash and Leon going "Way!" was hilarious)

I didn't explore that much, but do they ever explain what happens to the merchant after the end of the game? He was a good man ;-;

edit:
My leaderboards ranking is 1,003, not too bad considering I had no idea what I was doing for the majority of the game, haha.

You're right hand comes off?!

Best line in the game.

I hope Capcom ends up removing GFWL from RE5, I would like to experience that game.

When they throw in the missing DLCs from the Gold Edition while replacing GFWL with Steamworks, I would be so happy. Going to gift three copies of RE5 if that happens.

More patches to come!

Lastly, there will be more beta patch(es) after version 1.0.3 as there are still few more issues the team will be tackling such as the missing bloom effect on certain torch lights and oil lamps, among other things. Some of these didn't make the cut in 1.0.3, but we hope to reintroduce them in subsequent updates once they function reliably.

We look forward to your feedback!

AWW YEAH! Absolute Definitive Edition imminent.

Ekklessia

Neo Member
My DS4 is not working...works on all of my other PC games but not RE4...Xbox 360 works fine but now that I changed all of the buttons to showup as a PS controller I would like to use my DS4. Anyone have the same problem or have any ideas how to fix it?

Miker

My DS4 is not working...works on all of my other PC games but not RE4...Xbox 360 works fine but now that I changed all of the buttons to showup as a PS controller I would like to use my DS4. Anyone have the same problem or have any ideas how to fix it?

If you're using the DS4 wrapper tool, trying quitting Steam, checking this "Hide DS4" or whatever box, then boot up Steam and give RE4 another shot.

wbacon said:
Rifle and bowgun reload animation was originally created at 30 frames per second and this is by design. Unfortunately,60fps animation does not exist. As much as we'd all like to see this running in 60 fps, this requires reconstructing the entire animation sequence from scratch which is not feasible for the port.

qX2rOfZ.gif

Minsc

Gold Member
I dunno about you, but I say a 60fps rifle animation for RE4 is about as good a thing as any to kickstart. Even at $20,000, I think it'd have a shot. If mere licenses to a single pinball table can raise $70,000+, surely something as famous as RE4's rifle animation could raise 5 figures. Unless it would cost 6 figures to convert the animation to 60fps... then I dunno, probably still worth a shot. Maybe at 7 figures it wouldn't be in the realm of a possibility.

Miker

I dunno about you, but I say a 60fps rifle animation for RE4 is about as good a thing as any to kickstart. Even at $20,000, I think it'd have a shot. If mere licenses to a single pinball table can raise $70,000+, surely something as famous as RE4's rifle animation could raise 5 figures. Unless it would cost 6 figures to convert the animation to 60fps... then I dunno, probably still worth a shot. Maybe at 7 figures it wouldn't be in the realm of a possibility.

I'm drafting the Kickstarter page right now. Hell, it won't be the first Kickstarter for a Capcom IP that doesn't have Capcom's approval.

Sectus

wbacon said:
Rifle and bowgun reload animation was originally created at 30 frames per second and this is by design. Unfortunately,60fps animation does not exist. As much as we'd all like to see this running in 60 fps, this requires reconstructing the entire animation sequence from scratch which is not feasible for the port.

That can't be the full reasoning. I doubt all other animations in the game were made for 60fps.

Anyway, whatever the full real technical reasoning is, it's a huge shame they won't be fixing it. And of course, it had to be the best reload animations in the game which were affected by this.

While a 20,000 USD funded bolt action sniper rifle would be amazing, we could just find a random freelance animator, hand him a simple contract along with 200 USD and we'll bathe in glorious 60 fps bowgun and sniper rifle animations (
let's ignore the semi auto sniper rifle because it sucks
).

Seriously though, I'm a bit curious what the real reasoning is. Updating a couple of animations doesn't strike me like an impossible thing. Maybe the animation format is weird and they don't have the tools for them anymore? That would seem like a more reasonable explanation than "We don't have access to an animator to update these couple animations." But well, I don't know.

I would have no problem playing this game at 30 fps if it wasn't so stuttery. And by stuttery I'm not speaking of the usual difference in smoothness between 60 and 30 fps.
30 fps in this port is REALLY stuttery. Like when the game still renders 60 fps but simply skips every second frame. Something is not right with this setting.

anyone else's game crash when changing video options?

Maybe you have set your config.ini to read-only? Game can crash in the options when you do this.

moniker

Wouldn't it be possible to just interpolate the missing keyframes in any given animation to get it to 60 fps (even if it wouldn't be as good as if the animation had been 60 fps from the start)?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
My guess is that the Rifle reload animation was mocapped at 30fps (that's why it looks so good) and thats why it's different than all the other animations.

The other animations being hand crafted they have actual motion data type stuff where as mocapped animation would have specific positional location kind of stuff.

Sort of like how LA Noire is locked to 30fps because that's the framerate the facial capture stuff was captured at

finley83

Banned
Sort of like how LA Noire is locked to 30fps because that's the framerate the facial capture stuff was captured at

This isn't actually true, there's a way to unlock the frame rate in the PC version and the faces work just fine. Strangely enough it was the car handling that went to shit above 30fps.

Unai

I'm experiencing the QTE problem for the first time. Usually if I pressed LT + RT + X + A, it would always work, but I think something changed with the lastest patch. I'm in the latest Krauser fight in professional, and this problem is really annoying because sometimes it is One Hit KO.

I changed to 30 FPS to see if this would make it better, but my last save was before the U3 fight, and I died so many times there as well... This is really frustating.

andthebeatgoeson

How is it possible to collect 1000000 ptas? Im trying a second run on Professional
Sell everything, combine everything. It should be much easier with souped up weapons. You can kill right hand. Sell all grenades, health sprays and 3 color health. Find all the treasure and you don't have to buy upgrades. It'll happen.

You can probably save enough to get one overpowered weapon each run. You'll have the typewriter and hand canon in no time.

Ally1987

Sell everything, combine everything. It should be much easier with souped up weapons. You can kill right hand. Sell all grenades, health sprays and 3 color health. Find all the treasure and you don't have to buy upgrades. It'll happen.

You can probably save enough to get one overpowered weapon each run. You'll have the typewriter and hand canon in no time.

But on Pro mode I will be forced to buy and upgrade at least the handgun? And also keep the grenades and herbs cause I dont think I can get through all the enemies with just a handgun, right?

PLR - Parasite Laser Remover. You unlock it once you beat the game on Professional.
For free at that, that part is important.
Honestly I'm glad the achievements don't require getting all the weapons, that way I'll actually feel like getting them. The special weapons make the game so easy.

Miker

I started playing Mercs today and holy shit is it difficult. I can't break 30 combo with Leon in the village. Coming from RE6, it's very basic, but still incredibly tense and amazing in its own right. It actually makes me appreciate both games more.

But the positional audio is completely borked. When chainsaw sisters spawn, I can't pinpoint their position at all, and that's led to several (most?) of my deaths in the village. Oddly enough, I didn't notice this in the campaign. The developer has said that it's unlikely to be patched because the audio matches the 360 version, which is disappointing.

Top Bottom