• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Neiteio

Neiteio said:
Running jump kicks. I am addicted to running jump kicks. Games without running jump kicks are now boring.

Running jump kicks.
Kicking jump runs
image.php

Neiteio

It -is- tits, especially when the running jump kick explodes the target's head!

On another note, did I mention I really want some DLC??

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah, I wanted that shit day 1.

Kinda wish they'd lay out their plans for it... not just this DLC, but what they hope to release in the future. Even if it was vague, I'd still like to have an idea of their plans.

This is one game where I would buy tons of DLC. Everything.

Just like Dragon's Dogma. That game bombed and they still had quite a bit of DLC... they should open the floodgates for RE6 since it sold a bazillion copies.

Neiteio

Yeah, I wanted that shit day 1.

Kinda wish they'd lay out their plans for it... not just this DLC, but what they hope to release in the future. Even if it was vague, I'd still like to have an idea of their plans.

This is one game where I would buy tons of DLC. Everything.

Just like Dragon's Dogma. That game bombed and they still had quite a bit of DLC... they should open the floodgates for RE6 since it sold a bazillion copies.
As a PS3 owner, I wonder how long certain DLC will be 360-exclusive. I hope the new Mercs maps aren't tied to the new multiplayer modes. Just let me buy all seven additional Mercs maps, Cappy! Please! I'm throwing money at the computer screen but nothing is happening. :-\

If Mercs is this fun with three maps, then with 10 I'll probably never need another game to play, lol.

I am around 50 hrs and 13 of it is with Mercs. I am honestly enjoying a lot of it but its really depressing what they did with Mercs. RE5 came with 6-8 maps from the start without any DLC and RE6 comes with 6 but 3 are tied to retail pre-orders. 3 levels out of the box if you didn't pre-order just sucks and does do much for me in the long run.
-

Sectus

I am around 50 hrs and 13 of it is with Mercs. I am honestly enjoying a lot of it but its really depressing what they did with Mercs. RE5 came with 6-8 maps from the start without any DLC and RE6 comes with 6 but 3 are tied to retail pre-orders. 3 levels out of the box if you didn't pre-order just sucks and does do much for me in the long run.
-

This was definitely a huge mistake by Capcom, especially considering it looks like all 10 maps were ready for launch anyway.

That I don't know.

Sectus, have you tried modding costumes into the campaign? Does it work?

I have tried so. The result didn't really work out.

http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-19_02-31-54xsu5z.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/2012-10-19_02-32-53l3ut3.jpg

The problem is that the game doesn't like it when I make it load more textures than it expects. I'm not sure how to fix it.

Bladenic

My DLC wishlist:
1. Single player DLC. One mission focuses on Claire while another on Jill. Better yet, Jill and Claire working together, and the second could be the return of another character, be they Rebecca, Sheva, Billy, etc.
2. Campaign costumes. Inexcusable that they aren't already present. The ones from Mercs, along with one brand new one for each character.
3. Mercs, etc.

This was definitely a huge mistake by Capcom, especially considering it looks like all 10 maps were ready for launch anyway.

10 maps!? WTF, I would have rather they focus on Mercs and scrap agent hunt mode. Damn it that kind of crap that completely turned me off DLC. RE5 versus mode was a waste of money to me, but I might as well go back to RE5 and buy the DLC for cheap. Never played the reunion or the extra story chapters.

Bollocks

Had the most annoying bug ever, leon chapter 5 at the very last gameplay sequence right before the credits start rolling, the game tells me that the game data is corrupt and I have no other choice but to exit via XMB. Of course the save point is way earlier and I have to do the last bit all over again. How stupid is that. I wouldn't mind but that chapter just sucks.

Sectus

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY I WANT COSTUMES IN THE CAMPAIGN.

Oh, that's interesting. I wonder why it does that?

I suspect they handle textures in a specific way in order to optimize memory load. I have found some files which I think are related but I can't find any patterns in the files so I have no idea how to intepret them.

I'm tempted to wait for PC version before I do model swaps as it might be much easier with that version.

My DLC wishlist:
1. Single player DLC. One mission focuses on Claire while another on Jill. Better yet, Jill and Claire working together, and the second could be the return of another character, be they Rebecca, Sheva, Billy, etc.
2. Campaign costumes. Inexcusable that they aren't already present. The ones from Mercs, along with one brand new one for each character.
3. Mercs, etc.

1. Chris STARS costume(not the retro version).
2. Chris & Jill story chapter or 2.(involve Rebecca please)
3. Jill, Rebecca and Wesker in mercenaries.
4. Ghost Ships Raid(LOL)
5. Costumes in campaign.
6. RPD Leon
7. Costumes for DLC characters.
8. Costumes for base characters.
9. Classic RE themed mercenaries maps
10. Maps for mercenaries.

Neiteio

1. Chris STARS costume(not the retro version).
2. Chris & Jill story chapter or 2.(involve Rebecca please)
3. Jill, Rebecca and Wesker in mercenaries.
4. Ghost Ships Raid(LOL)
5. Costumes in campaign.
6. RPD Leon
7. Costumes for DLC characters.
8. Costumes for base characters.
9. Classic RE themed mercenaries maps
10. Maps for mercenaries.
Holy shit, so totally this: Ghost Ship, the final level of Raid in Revelations, was one of the most epic and intense experiences in franchise history, if not THE most epic and intense. You're given the entire sprawling cruiseliner in its entirety, every room on every level, packed full of enemies and bosses, and you can approach it in whatever order you see fit. There are multiple routes to the end, and figuring out which one is least likely to get you killed is half of the challenge. I was sweating bullets so many times on Ghost Ship. Replicate it in HD for RE6 with enemies updated to account for the expanded controls and make it its own gameplay mode, lol. It'll never happen but it would be SO AWESOME.

GeekyDad

-

Yeah, even though this game's campaign(s) is about twice as long as 5, I would have rather had more Mercs out of the box. Of course, the co-op campaign here is more interesting to me than 5's, so perhaps I'll end up getting more mileage out of it.

Neiteio

The limited Mercs out of the box would be a lot more bearable if CAPCOM WOULD ANNOUNCE WHEN WE'LL GET THE NEW MAPS!

*wipes froth from mouth*

Bladenic

Finished RE2, started 3. Is Hard Mode really hard or something? I started on Easy but then I noticed that I have every weapon with tons of ammo and unlimited ink rounds. That's.. embarrassing. But I heard 3 is pretty tough, is it much worse than 2? I didn't have any trouble with 2, died a few random times when I wasn't careful, mainly on Leon B.

kunonabi

Finished RE2, started 3. Is Hard Mode really hard or something? I started on Easy but then I noticed that I have every weapon with tons of ammo and unlimited ink rounds. That's.. embarrassing. But I heard 3 is pretty tough, is it much worse than 2? I didn't have any trouble with 2, died a few random times when I wasn't careful, mainly on Leon B.

RE3 isn't that hard really since it is really easy to abuse the ammo mixing. Game would have been perfect had they balanced that better. Mercs on the other hand can be pretty challenging.

The game is harder than 2 but then again almost every game is.

Arklite

Ada's campaign doesn't seem to lend itself well to co-op, not sure if I would want to play it that way. Enjoyed it solo (for the most part).

Yeah, feel the same way. Aside from not making much sense story-wise, it would also kill the more tense set pieces like soloing the labs filled with Napad (rushing tank things), or holding out in the last area of the sub.

LTWood12

So I played both RE4 & RE5 for this first time this past spring. Played them back to back, and they were my first RE experience. Really enjoyed both, except for managing Sheva's inventory in 5 (played solo) and the inability to move & aim in either game. It sounds like RE6 has addressed both of those complaints, but how well would you say they executed in those areas? I know the whole moving/shooting thing is divisive, and I'm not saying that it's superior in general. It's just what I prefer, maybe due to playing DS1&2 prior to RE.

Sidenote: I had my doubts that 4 would hold up today, and figured it was getting the benefit of alot of nostalgia. But damn, the game is phenomenal. Crazy how well it holds up. And I'd heard alot of shit about 5, but I really enjoyed it. And hell if it isn't a beautiful game.

YES STARS Chris is my favorite outfit for him in RE5.
I don't care if they just reuse the RE5 version or it has the same loadout, I just need it.
I really like his Edonia outfit but the fact it isn't usable on my favorite map bothers me.
besides the vest I dislike the China costume, RE5's did the look better.

Revelations wetsuit would be right after that, then followed by the CV uniform.

Wonder if Capcom would consider a cell shaded(considering the nature of the other costumes) Chris & Jill as a PXZ thing

Quick character question from the start of the Chris campaign:
When Chris had disappeared in Eastern Europe and was drinking himself to a standstill over the course of 6 months, why wouldn't Claire and/or Jill be the ones to go looking for him?

if you're going to build up character relationships over the course of 6(+) games, you can't (or rather shouldn't) ignore them just because it's convenient...

Quick character question from the start of the Chris campaign:
When Chris had disappeared in Eastern Europe and was drinking himself to a standstill over the course of 6 months, why wouldn't Claire and/or Jill be the ones to go looking for him?

if you're going to build up character relationships over the course of 6(+) games, you can't (or rather shouldn't) ignore them just because it's convenient...
yep thats what bothered me most about their absence.

Man, now that Razgriz-Specter put the thought in my head, I really want Ghost Ship in RE6. :-
Lol, it wouldn't be that hard really. 6 still has the underwater controls so I don't see much engine wise why it couldn't work.
wonder how much memory it would be.

Never going to happen though.

Astral

I just beat the entire game with the partner character in Professional mode and got all the emblems. Now I have no idea what to do. Mercs gets too repetitive for me.

Bladenic

I don't care if they just reuse the RE5 version or it has the same loadout, I just need it.
I really like his Edonia outfit but the fact it isn't usable on my favorite map bothers me.
besides the vest I dislike the China costume, RE5's did the look better.

Revelations wetsuit would be right after that, then followed by the CV uniform.

Wonder if Capcom would consider a cell shaded(considering the nature of the other costumes) Chris & Jill as a PXZ thing

I meant for campaign lol never got too much into Mercs in 5 and can't remember the load out. But yeah I prefer the outfit Chris had in 5 to 6. Canon outfits I mean. The China outfit is too big, the vest I mean. I prefer his hairstyle here though.

And yeah that part about Chris's story was handled poorly. I honestly could care less about the story, it's fun and stuff to experience but that's it. I do wish Capcom handled the characters better though.

I meant for campaign lol never got too much into Mercs in 5 and can't remember the load out. But yeah I prefer the outfit Chris had in 5 to 6. Canon outfits I mean. The China outfit is too big, the vest I mean. I prefer his hairstyle here though.
Yeah Id want it for both however unlikely.
Id really like the 6 vest on the RE5 uniform.

Neiteio

If they add Jill, I want one of her "suit" forms -- either Battle Suit or Wetsuit (or both)! I love Jill when she's dressed for action, and RE6 Mercs certainly has no shortage of that. :)

If they add Jill, I want one of her "suit" forms -- either Battle Suit or Wetsuit (or both)! I love Jill when she's dressed for action, and RE6 Mercs certainly has no shortage of that. :)
the wetsuit was like the first time Jill felt dressed for the mission imo.
though I like all her costumes

DonMigs85

Does restarting a checkpoint nullify the Sneaking Around cheevo/trophy?
I snuck behind the bee J'avo but then it saw me just as I entered the door and triggered the next checkpoint.

Top Bottom