• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

MooMoo

You guys think we'll make it to 100% pre-orders for the PC version?

Also yikes at the benchmark; you were right Sectus, it's not representative of the game at all! If I ever had a room with that many J'avo hatching I think I'd remember haha. Although maybe it's more representative of No Mercy mode, which I was hoping it'd be coop enabled but oh well. Only three more weeks until PC release, can't wait to replay parts/finish this game once and for all!

Andrew.

Banned
I have a co worker lending this to me really soon and I must say I'm really excited after everything has been said and done. The complaints, followed by the comparisons to Vanquish(?!?!?!), and then more positivity, and then more bashing. I can't wait.

Can someone please post that link to the controls diagram that someone so eloquently created? The one that displays everything.

Sectus

2 runs I just uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT9U2b4HBKU - Solo - Mining the Depths - 1164k - Helena1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOLw2v-iuk - Solo - Liquid Fire - 1329k - Sherry2

You guys think we'll make it to 100% pre-orders for the PC version?

Also yikes at the benchmark; you were right Sectus, it's not representative of the game at all! If I ever had a room with that many J'avo hatching I think I'd remember haha. Although maybe it's more representative of No Mercy mode, which I was hoping it'd be coop enabled but oh well. Only three more weeks until PC release, can't wait to replay parts/finish this game once and for all!
I sure hope it'll be reached. It's a bit hard to tell. I haven't followed it closely, but it looks like it's only been increasing with a 1-2 percentage per day. It's looking like it'll only barely reach tier 3.

I got a feeling the benchmark didn't give the sales as much of a boost which people had hoped. I've seen many people complain about getting poor framerates in the benchmark. Capcom kinda shot themselves in the foot with how they made it. They should have been aware people aren't looking for a high end stress test, they are looking to see how the game would run.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
FYI the RE series is on sale today through the Xbox Ultimate Sale thingy. RE6 is going for $20 right now, and I think CV:X HD is $5 and RE4 and RE5 are $10 each.

ksdixon

I got RE6 on disc, preowned, around Christmas. Wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay in the demo outside of Leon's campaign, but I wanted to get caught up on the modern storylines. Kept getting killed and barely put the game into my Xbox360, wondering if this was going to remain another game in my evergrowing backlog that I would never end-up playing.

Completed Leon's campagin yesterday and today with my brother, and am halfway through Jake's. When playing with another player whom is competant the game is a blast! Not bad at all, really. Although I was getting a bit fed up in Jake's campaign of fighting 'animal ''x'' enemies' as regular enemies. (Here's a lizard, there's a grasshopper/praying mantis-style enemy, mmhhhmmm...)

Still not a fan of the controls in RE4 or RE5 though, I feel as though RE6 has refined the controls from those games.

Kjellson

I started this game yesterday and have completed two chapters of Chris' and Jake's campaigns. I am right now on Leon's first chapter and had to quit because it's six o'clock in the morning. How long is this fucking chapter?! It's taking forever!

After fighting through billions of zombies I had to call it a day after dying at the bus part. Didn't anyone at Capcom think "Okay, it's time to round things off" or something?

I want to write a lot more about this game but I just want to sleep. Leon's first chapter dragged on way too fucking long, and I'm not even done with it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I started this game yesterday and have completed two chapters of Chris' and Jake's campaigns. I am right now on Leon's first chapter and had to quit because it's six o'clock in the morning. How long is this fucking chapter?! It's taking forever!

After fighting through billions of zombies I had to call it a day after dying at the bus part. Didn't anyone at Capcom think "Okay, it's time to round things off" or something?

I want to write a lot more about this game but I just want to sleep. Leon's first chapter dragged on way too fucking long, and I'm not even done with it.

The bus is the very end of the chapter lol. You're almost there!

Teknoman

Took a break after marathoning everything but Ada's chapter in co-op from launch. Now that i'm back...whats this about tickets? Gotta get me some old school model action.

maomaoIYP

Took a break after marathoning everything but Ada's chapter in co-op from launch. Now that i'm back...whats this about tickets? Gotta get me some old school model action.

Tickets allow you to unlock the ex3 costumes, just take part in the unlock event which occurs once a month. The next one starts today I think.

Sectus

Whenever the game loads a new level, it's safe to save and quit, as that means it's a checkpoint you'll load from when choosing continue on main menu.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I read that on GameFAQs but it's sooo fucking annoying that you always run out if ammo.

This has to be the ammo-cheapest game I have ever played.

Ammo cheapest? Enemies shit ammo left and right. If you really want to know about ammo conserving play RE1-3.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ammo cheapest? Enemies shit ammo left and right. If you really want to know about ammo conserving play RE1-3.

RE3 low on ammo? Haha, funny. I was killing everything left and right in RE3 and still had enough ammo to go around.

RE6 is spartan when it comes to ammo in the beginning, which is why I suggest equipping the increased drop rate skill when starting out.

Kjellson

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I'm absolutely awful at aiming in games, but ten bullets isn't lasting long until I have to desperately kill zombies with my knife to find more, and instead find stupid skill points when I really need bullets.

Especially not in a small bus surrounded by those red fleshy zombie dudes.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
BTW you're supposed to use melee liberally in this game, so try to set those up whenever you can (shoot zombies in the head or arm/shoulder then run up to them and press RT or R1).

Kjellson

Okay, I just beat Leon Chapter 1 and it was like a hundred times easier this time. Just started Chapter 2.

And I just noticed that I already bought the increased drop-ratio skill but to forgot to equip it. Oops.

oni_saru

Just started RE6. Playing with my sis. So far it's not really bad. The dialogue is cheesy as hell though. Sis and I were a bit confused at the beginning (the tutorial). We didn't realize we had to get through that first before we could finally play together so we tried restarting to see if we'd get a normal menu/start page and nope.

The melee is definitely better than in RE5. The one thing that really bothers me is how the game won't let you do certain things until the "right time". What I mean by this is like that scene in the Leon section where you have to shoot some gas. Having died once, we learned our lesson and knew what the objective would be. However despite us both shooting at the gas leak, it didn't register until after Leon mentions "oh we have to shoot the gas". :/ Wasted some ammo on that part.

Also not letting us shoot obvious zombies that are on the floor. You have to wait till the get up before you can harm them. RE5 didn't pull this crap.

This whole waiting till you're "allowed" to by the game is really my biggest complaint.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Let me just say that nothing is more hilarious than joining people's games in Leon's campaign and see them
get run over by the ambulances or train.

I laugh so hard because no one sees it coming and fall for it every single time. :lol

Kjellson

I have now played the three first chapters of every campaign, and I gotta say Leon's first three are so much better than the other two. The zombies are a lot more fun than the lame J'avos.

You know, despite all the stupid shit this game contains, I'm still enjoying it. Lol.

oni_saru

Let me just say that nothing is more hilarious than joining people's games in Leon's campaign and see them
get run over by the ambulances or train.

I laugh so hard because no one sees it coming and fall for it every single time. :lol

haha that happened to me ^^' somehow I survived
getting run over by a car
lol

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Started this today.
Holy crap is it fucking dark.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just started RE6. Playing with my sis. So far it's not really bad. The dialogue is cheesy as hell though. Sis and I were a bit confused at the beginning (the tutorial). We didn't realize we had to get through that first before we could finally play together so we tried restarting to see if we'd get a normal menu/start page and nope.

The melee is definitely better than in RE5. The one thing that really bothers me is how the game won't let you do certain things until the "right time". What I mean by this is like that scene in the Leon section where you have to shoot some gas. Having died once, we learned our lesson and knew what the objective would be. However despite us both shooting at the gas leak, it didn't register until after Leon mentions "oh we have to shoot the gas". :/ Wasted some ammo on that part.

Also not letting us shoot obvious zombies that are on the floor. You have to wait till the get up before you can harm them. RE5 didn't pull this crap.

This whole waiting till you're "allowed" to by the game is really my biggest complaint.

Yeah that's only really an issue in Leon's first chapter. I don't even know why they had that in, maybe to build suspense in his first chapter or something.

Teknoman

Luckily, I never got hit by any vehicles. Always passed 1 second before I got there, or I had to turn around for something in co-op before they hit. Kinda like most big budget horror movies these days lol.

Riposte

Luckily, I never got hit by any vehicles. Always passed 1 second before I got there, or I had to turn around for something in co-op before they hit. Kinda like most big budget horror movies these days lol.

I avoided them on my first playthrough. Got hit multiple times in my second or other replays. I don't know how I managed that.

Kjellson

Chris' final boss is shit. I was low on ammo, broke a bunch of crates and mostly got useless Skill Points. I simply don't have enough ammo to kill this guy.

Edit: Never mind. Just beat it. Pretty fucking annoying though.

Piers. :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What are the skills that are actually worth upgrading first!?? So far I only have the first three (melee, firearm, and I forget the other one) upgraded to third level.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What are the skills that are actually worth upgrading first!?? So far I only have the first three (melee, firearm, and I forget the other one) upgraded to third level.

Depends on the campaign you're playing...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

In general I think increased drop rate is very useful if you find yourself running out of ammo. Zombie killer is good for Leon's campaign, J'avo killer for the other two campaigns so you can do more damage. Breakout is pretty awesome for getting out of QTEs super fast. Field medic level 2 is basically an "I WIN" button, so equip that if you're having trouble with the game.

Can't believe how lousy this game is supported. From the latest (Siege mode) patch only Agent got nerfed? Wasn't even a proper one... just left him with less bullets. At least we know they're listening...?

I'm seriously wondering if they'll keep supporting this game after Siege mode is released.

Oh my god, the bullshit at the end of Ada's first chapter where you have to answer questions was the most annoying thing ever.

I beat that part in the dumbest fashion. Since I wasted most of my ammo on the bee guys instead of running past them I had to stand next to the computer and fire off single shots with my uzi to interrupt their climb animations and watch them awkwardly fall over and over.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I beat that part in the dumbest fashion. Since I wasted most of my ammo on the bee guys instead of running past them I had to stand next to the computer and fire off single shots with my uzi to interrupt their climb animations and watch them awkwardly fall over and over.

I have to finish this part on Professional next, and I'm dreading it since it was annoying enough on Normal. I'll probably end up lying prone on the ground near the terminal and doing what you did.

How many diorama figures are there to collect from the Genesis Scratchcard? I'm have some figures repeated. What happen if you max each of them to 30? Will you still be able to receive more despite the limit or will you receive the next available figure that either you don't have or haven't reached the limit for.

How many diorama figures are there to collect from the Genesis Scratchcard? I'm have some figures repeated. What happen if you max each of them to 30? Will you still be able to receive more despite the limit or will you receive the next available figure that either you don't have or haven't reached the limit for.

No idea but between my 2 accounts I have

Beached Boats
Building
Tunnel
Scarmiglione
Scagdead
Globster
Ooze(Chunk)
Ooze(Tricorne)
Ooze(Pincer)
Ooze
Queen Zenobia
Unknown
Gas Mask
Jill 2
Jessica 1
Jessica 2
Chris 2
Hunk 1

Residentevil.net just updated with a really awesome new section called "The Art Director's Notebook" You can unlock artwork and a short description to go with it. Thankfuly I've been stocking up on points. Here's a sample:

"This mutation for Deborah was actually planned out very early on. I wanted to make her erotic, so I kept the human form and just gave her a creature-like texture.'

dSRrSU1.jpg

Truly awesome stuff.

Nori Chan

With this RE event it'll be a lot of points to go around for me. So ill see whats up with that artwork for sure. 100k worth sweet lol

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I am 100% sure that his has been discussed to death in this very OT, but here is my LTTP:RE6 impressions after the first hour.

- Game throws you to a seemingly random event in the beginning where you have no idea to know what is happening and why. When it's over you know nothing more than 15 minutes before. It builds to nothing except a monsters leg and 4% of the actual controls.
- The game presents you with some of the control actions early on with prompts on the screen, then proceeds to take them away in other parts without explanation. It doesn't explain the functions anywhere either. Where is the manual?
- Sometimes you can't run, just walk
- Sometimes you can look around in any direction, sometimes not
- Sometimes you can aim, sometimes not
- In one early scene you can only walk into a certain pre-determined direction while using the left stick, you can't deviate anywhere. Press the stick left, you still walk forward
- The characters are walking inside a corridor when something makes the building shake and knocks them down. This is due to the fighter jet hitting the building which we see in the next scene. No need for explanations as the player realises this themselves. Cool stuff so I hope we see more like this later on.
- In the highway scene you run from explosions towards the screen, but you can't really see where you are going, just run in a straight path. Camera is so close to the character that its only meant to look at pretty flying cars in a fireball.
- When you enter the hall with huge umbrella logo, you can't explore the balcony area, it's blocked with invisible walls left and right. You must jump over the balcony to advance the scene.
- The father looking for his daughter is in big danger as stated by Leon, in the next scene the father walks everywhere first, even though the two "heroes" carry the guns and could defend him from dangers.
- You can't pass the father in any way, you are restricted to 80% walking behind him unless the game finally lets you.
- Some corpses you can walk over, some not. Why?
- The in-game menu uses only icons, contrary to tried, tested and researched solution of icon+text. Basic UI design stuff. You do get tooltips, but the icon design is not logical. The main UI in the game main menu is different. Why?
- When I exited the game to the main menu, it presents me with change logs to the game because I updated it on the first go. Why at this point?
- Nice focus on coop functionality is clear when starting the game. Clearly meant to be played with a friend either splitscreen/online/private/public or alone if needed.

This is just my short, incoherent look at what I already found to be problematic with the game in the beginning. I love Resident Evil games so of course I can overcome these, but why start the game this way? It takes the player out of the experience immediately with a bunch of flaws that could have been easily fixed.

No idea but between my 2 accounts I have

Beached Boats
Building
Tunnel
Scarmiglione
Scagdead
Globster
Ooze(Chunk)
Ooze(Tricorne)
Ooze(Pincer)
Ooze
Queen Zenobia
Unknown
Gas Mask
Jill 2
Jessica 1
Jessica 2
Chris 2
Hunk 1

Residentevil.net just updated with a really awesome new section called "The Art Director's Notebook" You can unlock artwork and a short description to go with it. Thankfuly I've been stocking up on points. Here's a sample:

"This mutation for Deborah was actually planned out very early on. I wanted to make her erotic, so I kept the human form and just gave her a creature-like texture.'

dSRrSU1.jpg

Truly awesome stuff.

I am missing some of the figures from your list. It's really annoying to unlock the same figures repeatedly. I tried to scratch randomly than my usual thinking it will give me the missing figures but no. You have an account on Xbox and PlayStation 3? The Art Director's Notebook looks awesome. Shame they didn't announce this. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be tempted to unlock it. Good thing they are cheap.

I am missing some of the figures from your list. It's really annoying to unlock the same figures repeatedly. I tried to scratch randomly than my usual thinking it will give me the missing figures but no. You have an account on Xbox and PlayStation 3? The Art Director's Notebook looks awesome. Shame they didn't announce this. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be tempted to unlock it. Good thing they are cheap.

I got a ton of repeats as well. I think the system may be just totally random. I've clicked the same cards in the same spots on diffferent accounts and got different percentages and unlocked different figures.

I've got 2 PSN accounts. One is a main account that my brother and I share and the other I use just for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I accidentally booted up RE6 on my Tekken account once and just figured I platinum the game on my account too. It's cool cause now I'll be able unlock 2 EX3 outfits per event. And yeah the art director's notebook is awesome.

RyoonZ

Banned
Got the game for about 20 or 25 can't remember from Play-Asia few weeks ago. Just finished Leon campaign, love the game. Don't really like the chapter 5 boss fight except the final one. I can't wait to finish other campaign and maybe next year or two we can see Resident Evil 7 for next gen console? I hope it star Leon again <3

Also Derek c. Simmons, what an interesting character. I'm not sure this has been posted yet or not but don't you think he looks like someone from Sony? Andrew House? XD

Derek%20c.%20Simmons.jpg

Andrew-House--008.jpg

Gyrian

Woohoo! All rewards unlocked for PC version :D

I just saw that myself, very nice!
Now we all get the digital bonuses, an extra RE5, and the MP DLC included.

The new MP modes aren't exactly mind blowing, but I have to admit I've gotten a lot of fun out of Predators.
It's pretty satisfying to outsmart Ustanak with 2 or 3 players where it should be slam dunk for the Monster.
Catacombs in particular are hilarious thanks to the spike trap. :D

RyoonZ

Banned
So uh, why were people griping about Leon's final boss? It was amazing, easily the most fun.

I love the very last one, I don't like the previous version of it.

I just finished all campaign, love the game. Can't wait to see what Capcom can do in next title in next gen. The secret ending
of Jake in Middle East perhaps hints about the next game with Jake as main character set in Middle East. Doesn't that remind you of certain trailer from certain company? Yes, Square Enix's Agni's Philosophy. Maybe they made Agni's Philosophy for Capcom! In the trailer they injected some sort of substance to hyena for it to go wild and we've heard some post about Ono visiting Square Enix.
Okay I was just joking but I really can't wait to see next gen Resident Evil.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ogroman is fucking stupid. Playing on Veteran by myself, I activate the QTE and button mash as fast as I can but still lose EVERY. TIME. I can't beat this boss and because it's a checkpoint the game won't save at that part so I can attempt it later.

Apparently "Breakout" makes this significantly easier, but why the hell is the auto-QTE option not in the in-game menu and double-WTF is why the hell it doesn't work for these QTE's?

I just finished this and can now honestly say that the game isn't bad at all.

If you can get over the fact that it's not RE1-4, it's at least an 8/10 in my book.

Darkone

I am waiting for the PC release, question regarding the campaine:

Is there an order to play the Campaign or you can start with anyone you want?

cj_iwakura

Anyone, but there's a timeline if you care, personally I'd say keep them balanced.

I started Ada 2. Interesting stuff, but you can tell that this was absolutely NOT designed for co-op, I kind of wish I was playing it solo. (Doing it with a friend that I did all the other campaigns with.)

Top Bottom