• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Sectus

......I signed out of Live so I can at least pause it and now it's forcing me to sign in if I want to continue my game. Isn't the save file saved to my Gamertag/360 HDD? Why do I have to log into Live?

In the same screen where you choose agent hunt and attack reaction settings, change the top option to "offline". Then you can pause while being online.

Gyrian

LOL you guys are on another level. I'm ecstatic when I get a 150 combo in co-op, and so far the only two levels I have a 150 on are Urban Chaos and Mining the Depths. However this is mainly because I haven't played the game in over three months.

Haha, I wouldn't say that; just takes a little perseverance!
The more time you put in, the more clear it'll become how you might want to deal with certain enemies and situations in each stage. Past that, it's just getting smoother in execution (a little luck won't hurt, either).

Treb

Oh my goodness we kept getting so close to 150 on Urban Chaos, Gyrian. As we got closer to the end, things just got way too intense for me. We'll get it next time. Sherry & Ada Forever!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh my goodness we kept getting so close to 150 on Urban Chaos, Gyrian. As we got closer to the end, things just got way too intense for me. We'll get it next time. Sherry & Ada Forever!

I'm not that good at mercs, but one thing I can say about Urban Chaos is they give you a lot of crap to use... remote bombs, incendiaries, exploding barrels, etc.

Pick all that stuff up and save it for the chaos.

It's also the easiest/smallest map to do a lap around and get everything. So it's not quite the chore it is on the other maps.

I play UC the most, just because it's the most simple layout. Even though I really hate magnum/gun zombies in my resident evil.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dude, Evolved. You keep saying you're bad at Merc but won't play with me when I invite you. WHY.jpg

Also setting up C'D'G's is really hard to do. Counters also seem to only give +5 so I don't see the benefits. Might as well power-up quickshot and try to melee kill quickly for +5 instead of going for C'D'G's that won't give me anything but +7's.

Sectus

Dude, Evolved. You keep saying you're bad at Merc but won't play with me when I invite you. WHY.jpg

Also setting up C'D'G's is really hard to do. Counters also seem to only give +5 so I don't see the benefits. Might as well power-up quickshot and try to melee kill quickly for +5 instead of going for C'D'G's that won't give me anything but +7's.

If you kill with a counter you get +10 seconds. If you can set it up, it's the best way of killing anything.

Evolved1

Lol... well the one time my internet was bad. I was doing you a favor. And once I missed your message (noticed it hours later). And yesterday I was in a tough BF3 match with gaffers, didn't want to leave atm. Also was planning to take a break after that match.

So the timing has been off, sorry.

Btw... the only map I know that well is Urban Chaos. I've done 150 (duo) combos on the three original maps, but it was a bit of luck involved on those. I have a habit of dropping combos when I run out of enemies. I just don't play the game enough. But I'm starting to get back into mercs lately.

Also... counter kills are ten seconds. Always. You must be doing reg melee kills to get only 5 secs.

TheSeks

Nope. See the R1 circle counter prompt, get +7's. Never +10's.

Prayer cricle for the DLC's to be released on tuesday/wednesday on PS3 please!

tumblr_inline_miaa7sz3yd1qz4rgp.gif

Gyrian

And now it's done. :D

Not sure I'd call Urban Chaos the easiest map.
I think it's mostly the odds pointing to it being the first map everyone learns in detail. Most Mercs maps are actually rather simple in layout.
Mining the Depths is consistently more intense, but there's less danger of dropping a combo from a lack of available enemies. The very end of Urban Chaos can also get completely out of control.

Treble and I had a particularly heartbreaking run: 149 combo. The very last enemy in the map turned out to be an armored BSAA shooter zombie in the bridge walkway. We spotted him about as far away as it was possible to be, and didn't have anything to hit him quickly with. ;_;

I haven't heard or seen anything which indicates there will be one. I think it's a big question whether or not Capcom will do anything more with RE6 after siege mode is out.

Character DLC with Wesker, Jill, Carlos, Rebecca, Claire, Barry and Sheva.

Obviously.

Evolved1

Character DLC with Wesker, Jill, Carlos, Rebecca, Claire, Barry and Sheva.

Obviously.

Idk... they are talking like RE6 really underperformed. I think, unless they had something pretty far along in the pipe, we're looking at them moving on to other things.

I expect in the next year or so to hear about a reboot. :(

Treb

And now it's done. :D

Treble and I had a particularly heartbreaking run: 149 combo. The very last enemy in the map turned out to be an armored BSAA shooter zombie in the bridge walkway. We spotted him about as far away as it was possible to be, and didn't have anything to hit him quickly with. ;_;

Haha at this rate we will get 150 on all of the maps!

And yeah that run was heartbreaking indeed. I couldn't believe it. Oh well at least we made up for it afterwards. :)

maomaoIYP

Hit 150 solo in Creature Workshop, that only leaves me with Liquid Fire to have done them all. :D

Woah man congrats! I still haven't had the patience to learn a route for liquid fire or creature workshop, I really should get back to this game since I'm done with Dead Space 3.

I've also been trying to find the most efficient way to set up a CDG with characters other than Jake. While males can all do the reverse melee, it's quite situational and not that easy for normal Javo.

What I can do now for characters with a 2 handed primary weapon (anyone with an assault rifle) or someone with a long range 1 handed weapon melee (like Sherry1), is quickshot from about 1 body's length away, and then do the non prompt gauge-free melee. Because 2 handed weapons give an attack that moves slightly forward, it can easily connect to give a CDG.

For characters that only have a 1 handed primary and 2 handed secondary (like Ada1 or Carla), you can quickshot, swap weapons and then do the non prompt melee, but the timing is quite tight.

Also while dicking around in Steel Beast with Jake during the last event I found that an alternate safe way to kill a crab claw head dude with Jake (instead of reverse melee to CDG) is to slide, unarmed punch and then CDG. This works great when there's a lot of them on the screen at once, and setting up a reverse melee is not so easy.

Just got promted to update RE6 with 1.05 patch. Adds trophies for DLC modes. My percentage is down to 65% after getting the platinum.

Idk... they are talking like RE6 really underperformed. I think, unless they had something pretty far along in the pipe, we're looking at them moving on to other things.

I expect in the next year or so to hear about a reboot. :(

Doesn't Capcom make all the DLC before a game is released nowadays? And also they said this when people discovered on-disc DLC

We still have unannounced DLC for RE6 that will be revealed in the coming months and while virtually all such content will not be on the disc there will be one piece of content, that for technical reasons, requires the use of a combination of newly downloaded data and data that is included on the retail game disc

We already knew about the 3 DLC modes when they said that. The only thing they hadn't officially announced were one of the modes and the EX3 costumes. Unless they count those patches as free DLC. And looking at RE5's DLC compared to RE6.. it hasn't really gotten much.

Or maybe I'm just delusional wanting more.

I haven't heard or seen anything which indicates there will be one. I think it's a big question whether or not Capcom will do anything more with RE6 after siege mode is out.

Your post doesn't show up on my User CP. Who Quoted Me section. My post is highlighted though. Is this feature not complete?

Anyway is it because of the disappoint sales not reaching the target sales and harsh reviews and critics? I'm not buying the DLC because I am hoping for the Gold Edition. On the other hand, apart from the "Versus" DLC, are there any information on DLC like Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape?

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition came out one year from the first release. When did Capcom announce Gold Edition? What were the time frame for Versus, Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape DLC?

Sectus

Anyway is it because of the disappoint sales not reaching the target sales and harsh reviews and critics? I'm not buying the DLC because I am hoping for the Gold Edition. On the other hand, apart from the "Versus" DLC, are there any information on DLC like Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape?

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition came out one year from the first release. When did Capcom announce Gold Edition? What were the time frame for Versus, Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape DLC?

Files on the disc had hints of all DLC for the game, and based on that information, siege mode is the last DLC. I think it's impossible to tell if Capcom will do more beyond that. The disappointing sales might be reason for them to drop the game after siege mode is released.

If I recall, the timeline for RE5 went like this (I may be off with 1-2 months):

2009 March - RE5 is released
2009 April - Versus mode DLC is released
2009 September - RE5 Gold Edition content/DLC is announced at TGS
2010 Feb/March - RE5 Gold Edition is released on disc, and all the content is released via DLC as well

Doesn't Capcom make all the DLC before a game is released nowadays? And also they said this when people discovered on-disc DLC
It varies greatly on the game. SFxT and Dragon's Dogma did all DLC before release, and all the DLC was also on-disc. People got mad.

RE6 does a combination of things. Map packs aren't on disc, but they were most certainly finished by the time game launched. No hope, agent, and coop for ada campaign were on disc, and finished or almost completely finished (agent was 100% finished at least) when the game launched, but those turned to be free via a patch instead of dlc anyway.

Versus modes were in an unfinished state when the game launched. That's basically the only "real" DLC for RE6 considering it required extra work after game was launched.

We already knew about the 3 DLC modes when they said that. The only thing they hadn't officially announced were one of the modes and the EX3 costumes. Unless they count those patches as free DLC. And looking at RE5's DLC compared to RE6.. it hasn't really gotten much.
I'm actually not sure what they were thinking of. They could have been referring to agent (although he ended up not being related to DLC at all). They could be referring to the map packs, although I kinda doubt it as those were obviously taken off the disc to avoid any on-disc spectacle (they just didn't do a good job of it as there's still files on the disc which the dlc maps utilize).

Either way, it doesn't matter now. Whatever they were referring to has been already released.

Files on the disc had hints of all DLC for the game, and based on that information, siege mode is the last DLC. I think it's impossible to tell if Capcom will do more beyond that. The disappointing sales might be reason for them to drop the game after siege mode is released.

If I recall, the timeline for RE5 went like this (I may be off with 1-2 months):

2009 March - RE5 is released
2009 April - Versus mode DLC is released
2009 September - RE5 Gold Edition content/DLC is announced at TGS
2010 Feb/March - RE5 Gold Edition is released on disc, and all the content is released via DLC as well

It varies greatly on the game. SFxT and Dragon's Dogma did all DLC before release, and all the DLC was also on-disc. People got mad.

RE6 does a combination of things. Map packs aren't on disc, but they were most certainly finished by the time game launched. No hope, agent, and coop for ada campaign were on disc, and finished or almost completely finished (agent was 100% finished at least) when the game launched, but those turned to be free via a patch instead of dlc anyway.

Versus modes were in an unfinished state when the game launched. That's basically the only "real" DLC for RE6 considering it required extra work after game was launched.

I'm actually not sure what they were thinking of. They could have been referring to agent (although he ended up not being related to DLC at all). They could be referring to the map packs, although I kinda doubt it as those were obviously taken off the disc to avoid any on-disc spectacle (they just didn't do a good job of it as there's still files on the disc which the dlc maps utilize).

Either way, it doesn't matter now. Whatever they were referring to has been already released.

Seems plausible but I think it is worth waiting for TGS and see if there is announcements from Capcom otherwise wait until October and see if any indication. Maybe not Gold Edition but another re-release of the game with all the DLC? Contain all the Mercenaries stages and Versus DLC. Nothing new like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition which include Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape on top of Versus DLC.

I really hope Revelations doesn't follow this DLC practice but knowing Capcom, it is very likely they will do this.

Also Sectus, you own both copy of Resident Evil 6 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platform. How does Xbox compare to PlayStation in terms of finding a game in Mercenaries? I'm on PlayStation 3 and nearly two millions people are playing this game according to RE.NET and it is very hard to find a host. Unlike Resident Evil 5, you get get two full pages.

So when the "Versus" DLC release on PlayStation 3, will the problem persist or will Capcom fix it? Has Capcom acknowledge this issue?

Sectus

Seems plausible but I think it is worth waiting for TGS and see if there is announcements from Capcom otherwise wait until October and see if any indication. Maybe not Gold Edition but another re-release of the game with all the DLC? Contain all the Mercenaries stages and Versus DLC. Nothing new like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition which include Lost in Nightmare and Desperate Escape on top of Versus DLC.

I really hope Revelations doesn't follow this DLC practice but knowing Capcom, it is very likely they will do this.

Also Sectus, you own both copy of Resident Evil 6 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platform. How does Xbox compare to PlayStation in terms of finding a game in Mercenaries? I'm on PlayStation 3 and nearly two millions people are playing this game according to RE.NET and it is very hard to find a host. Unlike Resident Evil 5, you get get two full pages.

So when the "Versus" DLC release on PlayStation 3, will the problem persist or will Capcom fix it? Has Capcom acknowledge this issue?
Capcom likes their re-releases, so it's definitely a possibility. There's one other thing to consider though. Looking back at RE5 Gold Edition; if you already owned RE5, then getting the DLC was much cheaper than getting Gold Edition on disc. So you might be better off buying the DLC anyway.

I did a quick search for games on xbox right now:
Mercenaries: Over 10 lobbies found
Survivors: 2 lobbies found
Onslaught: 1 lobby found
Predator: 1 lobby found

Mercs is definitely very active. Versus modes may seem inactive from those numbers, but I played for a few hours yesterday and I had no problem finding people to play with. By the way, I don't think the number on RE.net is the quantity of people online. I'm very sure that's the total amount of people who's gone online with the game.

I did a similar search with RE5 on the xbox for the heck of it:
Mercenaries: 1 lobby
Mercs Reunion: 0 lobbies
Versus: 4 lobbies for all modes

Capcom likes their re-releases, so it's definitely a possibility. There's one other thing to consider though. Looking back at RE5 Gold Edition; if you already owned RE5, then getting the DLC was much cheaper than getting Gold Edition on disc. So you might be better off buying the DLC anyway.

I did a quick search for games on xbox right now:
Mercenaries: Over 10 lobbies found
Survivors: 2 lobbies found
Onslaught: 1 lobby found
Predator: 1 lobby found

Mercs is definitely very active. Versus modes may seem inactive from those numbers, but I played for a few hours yesterday and I had no problem finding people to play with. By the way, I don't think the number on RE.net is the quantity of people online. I'm very sure that's the total amount of people who's gone online with the game.

I did a similar search with RE5 on the xbox for the heck of it:
Mercenaries: 1 lobby
Mercs Reunion: 0 lobbies
Versus: 4 lobbies for all modes

It may be cheaper but it doesn't last "forever" because it is in digital form. The problem with DLC is that you don't get to keep it forever. My understanding is that if you have a HDD failure or something, you have to buy it again. Someone told me that. I could be wrong. The Gold Edition resolve that as you own it forever and you don't have to worry about re-downloading it re-buying it. They could take it off the store anytime. How else can you get it again? Other than getting it on physical media form.

Xbox has lobbies? You mean host listing to join?

Sectus, I take it you're more of a solo player than a duo player? What's your top score on duo? It appears that most of your YouTube videos are solo.

Yeah, I mean players hosting.

And yeah, I mostly play solo. All my recorded top scores (solo and duo) are here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMyoprrqVo6CQ2oKWTcXJHnNZ_Nn2vhqe&feature=view_all

Bet you probably get asked a lot if people can play with you etc. Nice playlist. I see some good scores.

Yay! DLC modes for PS3 will come out tormorrow/wednesday! Someone should make a thread in the gaming section.

via facebook.com/residentevil and twitter.com/RE_Games

My body is ready for onslaught. Anyone wanna get their ass kicked?

Don't get too excited. It might be like The Mercenaries where you can hardly find anybody or get error joining in someone's game and not too many people will buy it. Give it a year or so.

Don't get too excited. It might be like The Mercenaries where you can hardly find anybody or get error joining in someone's game and not too many people will buy it. Give it a year or so.

Ugh, too late... I've been excited for these modes for a while now cos I'm such a sheep. I don't have too hard time finding randoms to play Mercenaries with but yeah, these modes might be a pain to find others, we'll see... maybe it's time to start making playtime friends on the boards.

Ugh, too late... I've been excited for these modes for a while now cos I'm such a sheep. I don't have too hard time finding randoms to play Mercenaries with but yeah, these modes might be a pain to find others, we'll see... maybe it's time to start making playtime friends on the boards.

Lucky you. I have the worst luck. Do let me know how the DLC turn out. It would be interesting to see how it compare to The Mercenaries. I'm willing to bet if I buy the DLC, it will be the same. Strangely enough, I do not have this issue in the campaign and occasionally in Agent Hunt.

TheSeks

I'd buy them but only for the achievements and only if I had three others to get the achievements like clockwork like the Versus mode in Bio5. Otherwise huge pass.

Anyway Evolved: I suck just as bad. I couldn't counter and I don't dodge for shit (and the health tablets don't heal anything but a block at a time despite putting a green and red herb in them, WTF?)

Sectus

I'd buy them but only for the achievements and only if I had three others to get the achievements like clockwork like the Versus mode in Bio5. Otherwise huge pass.

Anyway Evolved: I suck just as bad. I couldn't counter and I don't dodge for shit (and the health tablets don't heal anything but a block at a time despite putting a green and red herb in them, WTF?)

Combined herbs doesn't give you better tablets, it gives you more tablets.

1 green herb = 1 tablet
2 green herbs = 3 tablets
3 green herbs = 6 tablets
1 green herb combined with 1 red herb = 6 tablets

TheSeks

So what's the point of putting them in the tablet box then? I might as well just use it as up-down d-pad item like the first aid sprays.

Also recharging stamina after doing three quick-shots and melees is kinda annoying.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If you press R3 (I think) 3 times in a row, you'll automatically use all the tablets to fully heal you instead of just healing one block.

TheSeks

Seems like a waste to waste 6 tablets for what one item could do for 5 of them?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't think it's a waste. The reason I mentioned that was because it seemed like you didn't know you could do that by reading your other post.

Evolved1

No worries. I needed a round to warm up, but had to jump off (dinner in the oven).

Honestly, I don;t really like mercs is duo... I'm alright at the mode, not great like some of these guys, but I'm alright. However, playing online totally screws me up. There's very noticeable lag that messes with my counter timing. It's quite frustrating, because in solo I can counter most everything pretty easily... but in duo it can be very hit or miss.

My internet is crap. :(

edit: Btw, health tablets... you should pick a character that already has some loaded in the pill box. Iirc Agent doesn't have any. Pills are better than sprays because you have more control over how they're used. And never mix them in the inventory unless you have to... just pick up a red and green. If you hold R2 it'll auto-mix them and load them in your pill box. Health spray is for emergencies, to do a major heal instead of wasting a bunch of tablets, or for helping a shitty partner. But having tablets gives you more control over how and when you heal. You can hit the R2 button a few times to take multiple tablets.

Sectus

So what's the point of putting them in the tablet box then? I might as well just use it as up-down d-pad item like the first aid sprays.

Also recharging stamina after doing three quick-shots and melees is kinda annoying.

The healing items in the up-down list are first aid sprays. You can't use herbs directly, you have to combine them to tablets.

TheSeks

So, basically they ruined the series convention of herbs for the sake of... new tablets that'll heal a block of health. really. slowly... with the cost of redoing your melee stamina reset?

I guess that goes on the list of "WTF were they thinking when they made this?"

maomaoIYP

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7mj9iXimW1qetz23o1_500.gif[IMG]

You just kicked me right in the NUTS.[/QUOTE]

Lol, sorry man if that came out harsh. The way I see it is that the only way to learn what route and strategy best fits you is to play solo, especially if you're aiming for a 150 combo with a boss as the final kill. There's too many variables involved when playing duo, especially if you're playing with a random, and because there's two people playing, dropping a combo is actually quite hard and you don't have to try to maximize counter or cdg kills in order to maximize the time left.

Also, you can restart in solo as soon as you mess up. That's probably the number 1 thing I see people bitch about over at the capcom forums.

In essence: If you have a good strategy for 150 combo when playing solo, there's almost no way to mess it up in duo even if your partner does nothing.

In case you have problems in solo, these are the things that I tend to do when learning a map. 1) Try to kill all 150, even if the combo drops. 2) Memorize at what kill number do special enemies appear at special positions on the map. 3) Each map gives at least 4 greens plus a red herb if I'm not wrong, sometimes the greens come from an enemy drop but the red plus at least a single green can always be found.

Once I can do all these I just try to link all the "sections" of comboed enemies together to get the 150 combo. A typical 150 combo score in solo is 1100K. Getting a boss as the final kill typically puts you in the 1200K onwards range.

Lol, sorry man if that came out harsh. The way I see it is that the only way to learn what route and strategy best fits you is to play solo, especially if you're aiming for a 150 combo with a boss as the final kill. There's too many variables involved when playing duo, especially if you're playing with a random, and because there's two people playing, dropping a combo is actually quite hard and you don't have to try to maximize counter or cdg kills in order to maximize the time left.

Also, you can restart in solo as soon as you mess up. That's probably the number 1 thing I see people bitch about over at the capcom forums.

In essence: If you have a good strategy for 150 combo when playing solo, there's almost no way to mess it up in duo even if your partner does nothing.

In case you have problems in solo, these are the things that I tend to do when learning a map. 1) Try to kill all 150, even if the combo drops. 2) Memorize at what kill number do special enemies appear at special positions on the map. 3) Each map gives at least 4 greens plus a red herb if I'm not wrong, sometimes the greens come from an enemy drop but the red plus at least a single green can always be found.

Once I can do all these I just try to link all the "sections" of comboed enemies together to get the 150 combo. A typical 150 combo score in solo is 1100K. Getting a boss as the final kill typically puts you in the 1200K onwards range.

Good suggestions. I feel motivate to try it. But the problem is I am a duo player then a solo player. Would that be difficult to adapt from going duo to solo? Just curious, have you tried duo?

Also about this bit.

I tried to do this in duo when I have terrible partner but it is not always the case. Although I do find myself doing most of the work and only to drop the combo when I am grabbed, knocked down etc and my lame partner does nothing to save the combo. Another thing is that your partner could influence the enemy spawn points. In solo you can "control" the spawn systematically according to your strategy but in duo your partner could mess it up. One example is in Mining the Depths, your partner could stay in the "island" where all the zombies come to him and not you whilst you moving around systematically.

Top Bottom