• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Just pre-ordered the Anthology edition from Amazon - pretty awesome deal considering I haven't played RE3 or RE4. At first I wasn't happy with the demo, but after messing with camera sensitivity and other options it started clicking. The Mercenaries videos really sold me too.

There's apparently 30 blue medallions hidden away in Leon's, Chris's, and Jake's scenarios (and likely Ada's), making 90+ to find. Shooting medallions may host other awards, but immediately they seem to unlock readable files and figurines.

There's Skill Points and Skills which replace the upgrade and money system which can be fun making a good load-out for your character. Quite a few skills too, and they're all upgradable and require a certain number of skill points in reserve to equip.

The two characters in each campaign actually play pretty different roles. It likely will be worth going through every chapter twice just to see it from both perspective, since there's quite a few moments where the two characters objectives are completely different or they take completely different routes in a stage.

There's Mercenaries Mode of course, and Agent Hunt. Agent Hunt allows you to play the game with two human players playing the, well, humans, and two other players playing some of the random monsters in the campaign.

Once October 2nd comes along, RE.NET will unlock which is sure to add a whole lot of replayability: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtCkRp_rUT0

And we all know DLC is eventually coming.

Nice! Thanks for the info, Golem!

Darkone

do you choose which champaine to play or each chapter you play a diffreant one?
what are level of difficulties to choose from?

Just pre-ordered the Anthology edition from Amazon - pretty awesome deal considering I haven't played RE3 or RE4. At first I wasn't happy with the demo, but after messing with camera sensitivity and other options it started clicking. The Mercenaries videos really sold me too.

I hope you play RE3 and RE4 first.

Teknoman

RE1,2,& 3 good?
the newer games just don't have it.

I need to know this as well. I've listening to RE save file themes among other things, and while RE4-5 didnt really have great environment themes, the save screen, merchant areas (for RE4) result screen, and extra screen themes were excellent.

There is significantly less ammo in BH6. It's not plentiful at all unless you buy the enemy drop skill. Even on Chris's campaign, the most action-heavy, I found myself with a handful of bullets at best quite a lot. Without the melee button, you'd be screwed. Even then, you run out of stamina relatively fast once you're relying on it, so it gets quite tense.

And much larger areas. That likely took a toll on it.

Thanks for the heads up on the ammo situation. It's something I was hoping for, especially with the large amounts of zombies the game can throw at you in a closed area.

Knew that was what happened with the graphics. I wish they could have kept the great lighting plus sharpness, but as long as the cover DOF has improved a little...i'll be fine.

masterkajo

My copy has just arrived.

I'm surprised that the European version comes in 2 discs. (Not sure if it's the same in NA version)

It's really annoying that Capcom put the discs on top of each other. :/

When would I have to change discs in this game? Is it like Leon & Chris on disc1 and Jake&
Ada
on disc2? I am asking since if I want to play the game in chronological order (given by Dusk Golem):
Prelude Chapter
Chris Chapter 1
Chris Chapter 2
Jake Chapter 1
Jake Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 1
Leon Chapter 2
Leon Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 3
Chris Chapter 3
Jake Chapter 4
Leon Chapter 4
Chris Chapter 4
Jake Chapter 5
Chris Chapter 5
Leon Chapter 5
Ada
's Campaign

I would have to change discs a bit.

Sectus

Even if they don't directly improve the graphics (like add higher res textures), a bump in rendering resolution in the PC version should make it look much nicer. It definitely helped for RE5:
http://www.abload.de/img/re5dx92012-07-2100-337vq35.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/re5dx92012-07-2100-3383kvx.jpg

Being able to play in 60fps will be very nice too.

When would I have to change discs in this game?
Second disc is only for installing support for extra languages. You never have to swap discs while playing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I need to know this as well. I've listening to RE save file themes among other things, and while RE4-5 didnt really have great environment themes, the save screen, merchant areas (for RE4) result screen, and extra screen themes were excellent.

You'll be happy to know the music is leagues above RE4 and RE5. There are some definite stand-out tracks amongst those games, but I didn't think the overall soundtracks were anything to write home about, though fitting for the environments they were set in.

I'm putting together a random selection of song samples for a video to demonstrate to give you an idea, and these are truly random. The game rip I've done is almost 500 songs long, so no way I've listened to it all yet.

Neiteio

Anyone want to list in spoiler-tagged fashion what collectible figurines they've unlocked so far? I'm really hopeful all of the bosses and giant BOWs are included.

Already know what to do despite not having the game.

I can see through the mechanics quite easily.
Sectus, is there a higher rank than S (SS like RE5)?

Sectus

It took me a while to realize it, but the best way to stun enemies isn't to shoot them in the head, it's to shoot them in the shoulder (at least with zombies, dunno if it works with j'avo too). This will stun them the same way as a headshot, but it'll turn them around. Which means you can do the faster one hit kill melee.

Already know what to do despite not having the game.

I can see through the mechanics quite easily.
Sectus, is there a higher rank than S (SS like RE5)?
I think S is the highest one.

Neiteio

RE5 had amazing boss music I mean my lawd.
It's hard to imagine anything topping RE5's "Wind of Madness" -- it's the "Duel of the Fates" (Star Wars Episode One fight theme with Darth Maul) of the Resident Evil franchise.

Is there any song that comes close to Wind of Madness?

Also, still waiting to hear about some of the figurines we can unlock. Like is there one of the Ogroman, the giant from Chris' campaign in the demo?

After seeing big sections/chapters of all of the campaigns, I'm so torn about this game. Some chapters look awesome and others seem lame. Some chapters evoke memories of the older games. I will eventually buy on PC. I don't care for the graphics on the console version (jaggies and some low res textures). Also, don't let me get started on the plot. That's a whole different discussion.

Dusk Golem

Here we go, a short but good sampling of what some of the soundtrack is right. It really is varied, each campaign has a different style of music. Some of these were hand-selected, but most of them were just random draws from the 460+ songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-mVCTJ5l0 (if it says not available yet, give it a moment. Posted it early on accident when still processing. I'll requote this post when it's done)

While the official names for these songs don't exist, if you're curious about any of the songs, they're from:
00:00 - 00:32 is Collection Music
00:32 - 01:13 is a song from Leon's Chapter 5
01:13 - 01:49 is a song from Jake's Motorbike section at the start of Chapter 4
01:49 - 02:23 is the theme of the Flesh Monsters
02:23 - 03:00 is a song from Leon's Chapter 3
03:00 - 03:50 is a cinematic music piece for a cutscene
03:50 - 04:54 is a boss song
04:54 - 05:50 are both songs from Ada's Chapter 1
05:50 - 06:34 is a cinematic credits song

kunonabi

RE1,2,& 3 good?
the newer games just don't have it.

To be fair RE games are living with the standard that RE Outbreak set which is almost impossible to live up to. RE6 isn't quite there but certainly closer than anything else since.

Dusk Golem... I just want to give you a huge high five for all the info and help your giving in this thread to people! Thanks man! I'm even going to inform my viewers in my review of RE6 your suggested campaign play through and give you your credit.

Dusk Golem

Here we go, a short but good sampling of what some of the soundtrack is right. It really is varied, each campaign has a different style of music. Some of these were hand-selected, but most of them were just random draws from the 460+ songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-mVCTJ5l0 (if it says not available yet, give it a moment. Posted it early on accident when still processing. I'll requote this post when it's done)

While the official names for these songs don't exist, if you're curious about any of the songs, they're from:
00:00 - 00:32 is Collection Music
00:32 - 01:13 is a song from Leon's Chapter 5
01:13 - 01:49 is a song from Jake's Motorbike section at the start of Chapter 4
01:49 - 02:23 is the theme of the Flesh Monsters
02:23 - 03:00 is a song from Leon's Chapter 3
03:00 - 03:50 is a cinematic music piece for a cutscene
03:50 - 04:54 is a boss song
04:54 - 05:50 are both songs from Ada's Chapter 1
05:50 - 06:34 is a cinematic credits song

And it's up. I might make one more since GRRR SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC.

Just doing my usual browsing of my favorite sites and happened to come across what I believe to be one of Sherry's alternate outfits. I said hotdamn! The wait for tuesday just got a hell of alot harder.

Grisby

It's hard to imagine anything topping RE5's "Wind of Madness" -- it's the "Duel of the Fates" (Star Wars Episode One fight theme with Darth Maul) of the Resident Evil franchise.

Is there any song that comes close to Wind of Madness?

Also, still waiting to hear about some of the figurines we can unlock. Like is there one of the Ogroman, the giant from Chris' campaign in the demo?
Sad But True always does it for me. I think it's my favorite track off of RE5 other then the end credits song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7wZgs3BnI

mernst23

Kinda have to agree here...I didn't mind the Uroboros boss battles but the final fights with Wesker were absolutely miserable.

I still don't know what the pattern to hit him was. When he's charging? And I beat the game 3 times. Fighting him and Jill on Professional my first time through with AI was like pulling uncoiled razor wire out of my b slot.

JoeFenix

I think I'm gonna bail out on this one, mercs looks sloppy as fuck in those videos.

It's just such a sloppy game, I can't believe the final build is this inconsistent looking.

RE5 looked like a million bucks, this sometimes looks great sometimes looks like a first pass alpha build. Bleh!

2scoops

Called most of the local shops here in Edmonton. No dice. Although, Nextwave in Namao Center seemed a little hesitant when i asked if it was being sold now. Then the staff gave a slow "....Noooooo...."

I might go down and ...persuade. Not selling? GIMME YOUR THUMBS!!

def sim

I know of two stores selling it here in NYC, but I'm content with my online purchase. Extra $20 MSP and a $10 gift card is worth the wait.

News Bot

Banned
Onto Jake Chapter 3 now. The last part of Chapter 2 is pretty great.

Also; they hid a fucking emblem during a vehicle sequence. Are you kidding me?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Where abouts? Actually meh don't think I will go lol. I just looked outside and it is raining like crazy.

Yeah it's pretty terrible. I was also interested in going and picking up RE6, even though I have it pre-ordered on Newegg for $15 off, but then I saw that Best Buy is selling Max Payne 3 for $20 today, so I bought that instead to tide me over until next week. :)

Top Bottom