• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

def sim

Yeah it's pretty terrible. I was also interested in going and picking up RE6, even though I have it pre-ordered on Newegg for $15 off, but then I saw that Best Buy is selling Max Payne 3 for $20 today, so I bought that instead to tide me over until next week. :)

Is that deal in store as well?

edit: nvm in store pick up works just fine

Replicant

do you choose which champaine to play or each chapter you play a diffreant one?
what are level of difficulties to choose from?

You can choose which campaign to play from each character. But you'll start at Chapter 1 for each character. The thing is, until you play the game, it's not obvious at first which character's chapter is the correct chronological order. There is actually a chronological movie viewer but that is only unlocked after you defeat said character's chapter.

Anyway, I just played some more and the amount of zombies in this game is ridiculous. You really get a sense of an outbreak and an overwhelming sense of no hope left. Most of the time it's not scary but more desperate because there are so many enemies and so little way/ammo to dispatch them. Without the melee, this game would be impossible.

oatmeal

Banned
Checked out Mercenary video...

Fuck me, what the hell is up with the run animation? And why is the camera angle so awkwardly close?

Looks terrible.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
And both soundtrack samples done!

Sample #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-mVCTJ5l0
Sample #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onboq4LjjVo

The second one was mostly just random songs outside of the first and last I wanted in. BUT, I am going to argue that RE6 is up there with some of the best music in the series, though this is definitely the most varied RE soundtrack. Going to be a lot of debate though as with titles like the Outbreak games, Code Veronica, Darkside Chronicles, RE2, etc., it has a lot of competition.

I think the constant quality of this soundtrack really helps aid it though, and the fact it has so much of it. This has to be the largest RE soundtrack to date. And somehow they got a good chunk of orchestra songs as well, but didn't chip out of even doing some old-school feeling tracks.

Called most of the local shops here in Edmonton. No dice. Although, Nextwave in Namao Center seemed a little hesitant when i asked if it was being sold now. Then the staff gave a slow "....Noooooo...."

I might go down and ...persuade. Not selling? GIMME YOUR THUMBS!!

Let me know how that goes. If you're able to grab a copy I may have to head down there and try my luck as well. All this game talk is making me anxious.

Just came back, no sale. Came close, but he remained strong. Good on him.

Also came across this vid. All mercs costumes and taunts.

http://youtu.be/dA8nhCIWUB0
Bummer guess I'll have to wait til Tuesday like everyone else. Probably for the best. Still gotta finish up the borderlands 2 campaign.

Anyways, if you're interested in playing some coop and you are picking it up for ps3, feel free to add me. Mob_skater

Adr1an

A pretty stupid question here but can two players sign in on their respective accounts on the PS3 version of the game.

Like if me and my brother were playing coop offline and we both wanted to earn trophies?

2scoops

Bummer guess I'll have to wait til Tuesday like everyone else. Probably for the best. Still gotta finish up the borderlands 2 campaign.

Anyways, if you're interested in playing some coop and you are picking it up for ps3, feel free to add me. Mob_skater

Bummer indeed. Only a few more days though. Yeah i'm getting it for ps3, and i'll add you for sure. To be honest though, i would like to play through the campaign myself first, then i'll do some co-op with you after that if thats cool with you.

My psn is TWO-SCOOP

Bummer indeed. Only a few more days though. Yeah i'm getting it for ps3, and i'll add you for sure. To be honest though, i would like to play through the campaign myself first, then i'll do some co-op with you after that if thats cool with you.

My psn is TWO-SCOOP
Ya that's cool. I would like to play through it on my own as well to enjoy the story at my own pace.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a theory the other Mercs maps might be unlocked via RE.NET since that isn't live yet and it features buying things with points, you earn in-game, but I can't say for certain until it is out.

JAYinHD

Just got home to see Resident Evil 6 sitting on my computer desk with the stare of death coming from my wife. I'm sure I'll have to take her shopping so I will be posting impressions tomorrow.

Nori Chan

Yeah two scoops you should give a warning for that video. I'm not blaming you but I understand how someone would get angry. So yeah you should say it may contain spoilers cause I think it did lol

Mr_Zombie

Jesus, Chris's alt is something. Even after 5's stuff I would've never guessed that to be an option.

I just googled it (I couldn't resist).
bare chested Chris again! yay! :D

How many costumes are there per character?
I saw the joke costumes and the oldschool ones. Are there any more? And are the oldschool costumes usable in the main game?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If all the chapters are as long as Leon's first (two hours) this is going to be a long, long game.

Beth Cyra

I just googled it (I couldn't resist).
bare chested Chris again! yay! :D

How many costumes are there per character?
I saw the joke costumes and the oldschool ones. Are there any more? And are the oldschool costumes usable in the main game?

The very first thing I thought when I saw him was Mitsu from Soul Calibur. Never pictured Chirs in a samurai getup with Sword and all.

Lucent

oh slasher man I love you, was about to go to bed yesterday when I saw your link... went to bed 3h later :D

I don't know how Jill kept that tube top on the whole time. Especially while running and the gun holster moving. And stuff. And...mmm...LOL j/k XD

Top Bottom