• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Think Dusk Golem said they're all around 1-2 hours. I guess it varies and depends on what you're doing.
It's crazy, I'm not even playing slowly. The variety is ridiculous.

Lucent

Weren't you one of the people who was kind of meh on the game at first? 'Cuz that'd make things look even better. lol. But yeah that sounds good.

Despite how positive I've been trying to stay with this game, I still wish the camera was more stable.

Weren't you one of the people who was kind of meh on the game at first? 'Cuz that'd make things look even better. lol. But yeah that sounds good.

Despite how positive I've been trying to stay with this game, I still wish the camera was more stable.

It wouldn't be RE without ridiculous camera angles though amirite?

I just googled it (I couldn't resist).
How many costumes are there per character?
I saw the joke costumes and the oldschool ones. Are there any more? And are the oldschool costumes usable in the main game?
The 2 basic costumes and
the 2 specials and I think a 3rd is a recolor

~Kinggi~

Banned
So, now that people are playing it, is it a broken piece of crap? What i mean is, a game about to receive a 4.5 would indicate something seriously wrong. Like, pro difficulty or the game balance is totally borked. RE games have always had strong game balance and systems and this game just seems really sloppy. I was hyped for it but I canceled my preorder and will probably wait on more reviews.

News Bot

Banned
So, now that people are playing it, is it a broken piece of crap? What i mean is, a game about to receive a 4.5 would indicate something seriously wrong. Like, pro difficulty or the game balance is totally borked. RE games have always had strong game balance and systems and this game just seems really sloppy. I was hyped for it but I canceled my preorder and will probably wait on more reviews.

It's not broken at all (or sloppy), I'd put my money on the reviewer being a dickhead.

Riposte

I don't know about that... Resident Evil games have a tendency of allowing the player of getting a little bit too strong by the end. Grenade launchers, magnums, and weapon upgrades tend have a big effect.

Also I thought that 4.5 was "leaked" before the review was even written. Not out of the question though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I don't know about that... Resident Evil games have a tendency of allowing the player of getting a little bit too strong by the end. Grenade launchers, magnums, and weapon upgrades tend have a big effect.

Well yeah but you are always given that power after working for it.

Mr_Zombie

Honest question (and not with a sarcastic subtext): do you enjoy the game? You were one of the people that bashed the demo, so it would be interesting to hear your opinion on the final product.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The things that are bad about the game in the demo are still bad, but when put into the context of the larger game, there's something weirdly enjoyable about it. They don't make games of this scale very often.

I do, actually, really like the ridiculous amount of ducking and weaving control you have.

I haven't played any part of Chris's or Jake's story yet, but Leon's has been fun. The bad parts are so jaw-droppingly bad that they're actually kind of funny. It's weird. I like it.

Also, the way this game looks is bizarre. It goes from looking and feeling amazing (Tall Oaks) to completely sub-par (the subway) to really unique (an oddly lit room on the way out of the subway).

The way enemies work by themselves versus in a pack is super interesting.

SkylineRKR

Its a big fat lie that you lose your ammo during such a case.

Is it strange that I enjoy Chris more than Leon so far? I played 3 chapters from both. Leon campaign has some highs, but some lows. Chris campaign is kind of stable throughout so far. Chris hits hard! Leon and Helena hit their enemies like pussies. And the music from Chris is pretty epic. This game has a ridiculous amount of different enemies. Its one of the things that should be mentioned in reviews.

If one thing is certain then its that this game is a one of a kind experience thats also hard to rate. It feels like something I haven't played before. And the game is quite big on content although Mercs has been gimped somewhat.

Neiteio

I've only played the demo twice, but based on my time with it and all of the impressions I've absorbed, RE6 seems like a case of "jack of all trades, master of none" -- and personally, that's fine. There's just so much content here, and so much variety, on a scale that sort of suggests "Star Wars" with a horror aesthetic. Take it with that attitude and you take all the campy flaws in stride.

News Bot

Banned
Its a big fat lie that you lose your ammo during such a case.

Is it strange that I enjoy Chris more than Leon so far? I played 3 chapters from both. Leon campaign has some highs, but some lows. Chris campaign is kind of stable throughout so far.

Chris hits hard! Leon and Helena hit their enemies like pussies. And the music from Chris is pretty epic.

This game has a ridiculous amount of different enemies. Its one of the things that should be mentioned in reviews.

I loved Chris's campaign. I think most people would if they can get past the fact that it's more action-orientated, although it does have some really good horror set-pieces.

Jake's campaign is the weakest of the main three for me, although I like the character interaction (and wound up liking Jake himself, which is a far cry from my initial disgust that they went with some shoe-horned son of a main villain, but he's a pretty decent character). The actual gameplay is rather so-so.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I've only played the demo twice, but based on my time with it and all of the impressions I've absorbed, RE6 seems like a case of "jack of all trades, master of none" -- and personally, that's fine. There's just so much content here, and so much variety, on a scale that sort of suggests "Star Wars" with a horror aesthetic. Take it with that attitude and you take all the campy flaws in stride.

Star Wars with horror, BUENOOOOOO

Anyway how much of the game have to played? And if you have done the different campaigns, how much of the same area content do they reuse? I know some of the same levels carry across the different people.

The things that are bad about the game in the demo are still bad, but when put into the context of the larger game, there's something weirdly enjoyable about it. They don't make games of this scale very often.

I do, actually, really like the ridiculous amount of ducking and weaving control you have.

I haven't played any part of Chris's or Jake's story yet, but Leon's has been fun. The bad parts are so jaw-droppingly bad that they're actually kind of funny. It's weird. I like it.

Also, the way this game looks is bizarre. It goes from looking and feeling amazing (Tall Oaks) to completely sub-par (the subway) to really unique (an oddly lit room on the way out of the subway).

The way enemies work by themselves versus in a pack is super interesting.

Be prepared to be amazed by some of the most stupid enemy AI seen in gaming during Chris and Jake's campaigns. I've not started Leon's yet because I'm playing in the order Dusk Golem suggested.

The second half of chapter 2 in Chris' campaign is the first time I've REALLY enjoyed the game. Now, the enemies in there are a lot of fun to fight, mainly because they're quite dynamic.

Jake is... I'm not sure what to think of his campaign yet, I'd say it'd be a lot more enjoyable in co-op, but it isn't anything that would've been missed if cut from the game altogether...so far.

Anyone know the name of the music that plays after each chapter? It's really good!

Neiteio

Star Wars with horror, BUENOOOOOO

Anyway how much of the game have to played? And if you have done the different campaigns, how much of the same area content do they reuse? I know some of the same levels carry across the different people.
You're not asking me that question, are you? I started by saying "I've only played the demo twice," so I haven't played the full game yet. I'm just saying how things look from my POV with the demo experience and impressions from other people of the full game. It looks like a giant Frankenstein's monster of a game, made of many pieces, sort of shambling overall, but still impressive and perhaps even lovable overall. But I won't have the full game until Tues. :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
You're not asking me that question, are you? I started by saying "I've only played the demo twice," so I haven't played the full game yet. I'm just saying how things look from my POV with the demo experience and impressions from other people of the full game. It looks like a giant Frankenstein's monster of a game, made of many pieces, sort of shambling overall, but still impressive and perhaps even lovable overall. But I won't have the full game until Tues. :)

Ah shit sorry that comment didnt even register with me.

Neiteio

I'm such a creature feature geek that I'm actually most excited just to collect the figurines, lol. Hopefully the bosses are all represented, including all of their forms.

Sojgat

All of you Aussie motherfuckers need to start posting impressions. I'll only say this once, maybe twice.

So far? Quick time events. I have only been playing for about 30 mins, but people who thought the car keys scene was bad, it's nothing. I think Asura's Wrath had less QTEs in it's opening half hour. The look of the game is remarkably consistent between all it's cinematic transitions, gameplay and QTEs. It's a clever idea to do a cinematic tutorial like this in theory, but truthfully I can't stop laughing at how stupid it is. It's like Resident Evil directed by Michael Bay, I don't know if that's good or bad yet. Playing all day will update from time to time.

Edit:

Hmmm, the camera is totally environment sensitive, so is the force walking. You can run through a doorway as many times as you want and you will stop and force walk on the other side every time, even once the story has moved on. Camera pulls out to a great wide view in open environments (whole game should be locked like this), but in tight halls it's really close up on the characters, so you can't see anything. Playing Leon's campaign first, all the same as the demo.

Am I alone in thinking the shooting is probably the most satisfying of any 3rd person shooter?
Guns sound good and loud and the rumble's intensity is great.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You can choose which campaign to play from each character. But you'll start at Chapter 1 for each character. The thing is, until you play the game, it's not obvious at first which character's chapter is the correct chronological order. There is actually a chronological movie viewer but that is only unlocked after you defeat said character's chapter.

Anyway, I just played some more and the amount of zombies in this game is ridiculous. You really get a sense of an outbreak and an overwhelming sense of no hope left. Most of the time it's not scary but more desperate because there are so many enemies and so little way/ammo to dispatch them. Without the melee, this game would be impossible.

Interesting. Sounds like something I'll enjoy.

CAVE343

Doing the order Dusk Golem suggested, played up till chapter 2 of Chris. The shooting is pretty awesome and there is lots of ammo to be found everywhere. I'm playing with headphones on and the sound is really good. The enemies are pretty freaky btw, the flying insects scare the shit out of me. Only thing that's bothering me is that the camera gives me a bit of motion sickness, first time ever for a game

Lucent

Doing the order Dusk Golem suggested, played up till chapter 2 of Chris. The shooting is pretty awesome and there is lots of ammo to be found everywhere. I'm playing with headphones on and the sound is really good. The enemies are pretty freaky btw, the flying insects scare the shit out of me. Only thing that's bothering me a little motion sickness, this is the first time a game has given me this.

I don't think I've ever experienced this in a game yet. I can see how it'd do that, though.

Volcynika

Dumb question, but how do you mix green and red herbs? I got both in the demo but couldn't find them in an item list or something. Healing in general kinda confused me. D:

Top Bottom