• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

AlexBasch

You guys think that adding camera settings from the users would be helpful in the first page? Maybe people wouldn't feel that weirded out if this is their first time playing and using those settings.

Just an idea.

Margalis

Banned
Im with the guy who said that this is one of the best 3rd person shooting mechanics yet. The dynamism is pretty spectacular - makes my head spin thinking of the amount of options available for me to dispose of enemies. 1 on 1 or groups, with a weapon or without.

Based on the demo the mechanics are fine and there is a lot of depth to them. The problem is the camera twitchiness / FOV / proximity to character, combined with the level design, combined with the enemy design and lighting model that makes the onscreen action a mess.

In the demo I cranked the brightness way higher than what they say and I still could barely tell what was happening. Like I know a zombie is around but I have no idea where and suddenly it's on me.

Lucent

I wouldn't expect Leon's campaign to gain ay trajectory (plot wise) until once they get out of Tall Oaks tbh.

This is precisely why I am playing chronologically instead of campaign-by-campaign

This is what I wanna do.

I swear the impressions and the opinions of this game has been like a crazy roller coaster.

While mercs is still pretty fun.....they have truly stuffed it up. It's no where near as addictive or chaotic! : (

I wouldn't expect Leon's campaign to gain ay trajectory (plot wise) until once they get out of Tall Oaks tbh.

This is precisely why I am playing chronologically instead of campaign-by-campaign

Fair enough, I'm up to the last chapter now and pretty much nothing has happened. Like I said, early days!

Lucent

While mercs is still pretty fun.....they have truly stuffed it up. It's no where near as addictive or chaotic! : (

Fair enough, I'm up to the last chapter now and pretty much nothing has happened. Like I said, early days!

Yeah, I think the bigger, more open environments were kind of a bad idea from what I've seen so far. In the other games, you could only be in one place so long. And there wasn't a lot of places you could run or hide. Now you probably could run a mile to the other side of the map and wait for stuff to come while you snipe.

And nothing happened in Leon's campaign? =l What were all those hours of cutscenes for?

News Bot

Banned
Of course stuff happens in Leon's campaign. It's actually my favorite portrayal of him and his connection with Ada.

The main three campaigns just aren't that heavy on the plot, because if they were, they'd be boring and Metal Gear Solid.

Yeah, I think the bigger, more open environments were kind of a bad idea from what I've seen so far. In the other games, you could only be in one place so long. And there wasn't a lot of places you could run or hide. Now you probably could run a mile to the other side of the map and wait for stuff to come while you snipe.

And nothing happened in Leon's campaign? =l What were all those hours of cutscenes for?

Leon’s campaign story in one sentence:

Helena wants to find her sister, when you both do Helena tells you that Simmons is behind the Outbreak and you must kill him.

That’s literally it when it comes to the cut-scenes. Half the campaign is
just finding Deborah.
Oh and Ada makes a few useless appearances.

News Bot

Banned
Leon’s campaign story in one sentence:

Helena wants to find her sister, when you both do Helena tells you that Simmons is behind the Outbreak and you must kill him.

That’s literally it when it comes to the cut-scenes! Half the campaign is
just finding Deborah
. Oh and Ada makes a few useless appearances.

You could sum up the plot of every game in the series in a single sentence if you do it like that...

You could sum up the plot of every game in the series in a single sentence if you do it like that...

I suppose so, but I feel like the other games were just more engaging and interesting.

I mean it takes so long to just find
Deborah. “Can you tell me what’s going on now?” “Not yet!” **hours later** “What’s going on!” “Just wait till we find my sister!”

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking what I've played a lot more than RE5. RE6, for all its problems, feels like something new. RE5 was just a poor mans RE4 with co-op bolted on.

I'm playing on PS3 and my tag is R_e_z. Feel free to find me and jump in.

I'm liking what I've played a lot more than RE5. RE6, for all its problems, feels like something new. RE5 was just a poor mans RE4 with co-op bolted on.

Truth!

RE5 played it so safe and took zero risks with very little creativity. RE6 is the complete opposite, and not knowing what to expect is fun!

hamchan

Bleh, shooting bodies on the ground which I know will turn into zombies when I walk past them doesn't seem to work in this game.

Also I do think it's better than RE5 so far. I think the controls are actually good, it's just the camera goes wonky sometimes. The variety of environments is much better. Some pretty creepy places in the Leon campaign so far.

branny

Glad to see some people who didn't like the demo warming up to the full version. Also, screw you guys for getting it early. :(

I just googled it (I couldn't resist).
bare chested Chris again! yay! :D
I vowed to stay out of this thread until I got my copy, but I am SO HAPPY I HIGHLIGHTED THIS. SO HAPPY. SO. HAPPY.

Mr. Fix

Do the crossover segments let you invite 1-2 extras for 3-4 players? I.e. Can I invite someone playing Ada's plot while me and a friend play as Leon/Helena against her sister?

Pooya

Embargo busted.

I like how the video date was Oct 1, lol.

here is the score if anyone cares, pic by Seda

k8Jv8.png

ezekial45

Banned
Not a bad score for GT. I'm sure we'll see more this weekend before the embargo is up on monday. I heard some rumblings on twitter that one of the popular sites in particular (or maybe more sites?) has a really scathing review ready.

sfedai0

Banned
Just played the demo and gonna have to wait for the reviews. Still feels too much like RE5 over the top action with QTE. Also, why the hell is it so dark?? Half the time I didnt see the zombies until they were all up in my face.

ironcreed

Banned
The mechanics that are beneath the surface of the core gameplay will be discovered and register with some, while others will be annoyed, find it to be totally unintuitive and will have a hard time playing through it as a result. The divide on this game is going to have a huge wedge in between both sides. I think the reviews will reflect that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is there a stat booster in the full game that stops the aiming dot from dancing around? It's not recoil.

Not a bad score for GT. I'm sure we'll see more this weekend before the embargo is up on monday. I heard some rumblings on twitter that one of the popular sites in particular (or maybe more sites?) has a really scathing review ready.

Gamespot. Speaking of which, I wonder why Gamespot is the only site not talking about the leak in Australia.

denshuu

Is there a stat booster in the full game that stops the aiming dot from dancing around? It's not recoil.

Two of them.

Lock-On Lv. 3 ... Your aim is nearly flawless. The only thing that can compare to this is Robocop's unwavering, steady aim.
Rock Steady Lv. 3 ... Your hand moves back to its original position after discharging a firearm, resulting in a stable follow-up shot.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Just played the demo and gonna have to wait for the reviews. Still feels too much like RE5 over the top action with QTE. Also, why the hell is it so dark?? Half the time I didnt see the zombies until they were all up in my face.

i had the same reaction. zombie placement and just general approach also seemed fairly poorly planned and none of them had the same impact of encountering a single menacing and very determined ganado. i guess there could be more in the game i've not seen but the general milieu of the combat felt a little insipid.

News Bot

Banned
In the process of transcribing and adding the files. Can't stress this enough, but SPOILERS. Avoid this shit like the plague if you don't want to know anything, because even the titles are kinda spoilers.

RyuHayate

Gave the demo a whirl a few more times and I have to admit, the game has really grown on me! I'm more hyped than ever now and I'm looking forward to Tuesday in the worst way.

Also, a big thanks to Dusk Golem for all of your impressions.

Top Bottom